Conquer Club

The Spirit of Conquer Club - CaronylKluster tributes

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

The Spirit of Conquer Club - CaronylKluster tributes

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:37 pm

This thread is for thanking people on Conquer Club who have made a difference, either to you personally or for the site.

CaronylKluster - a better friend could not be found, someone who was an inspiration to those who knew him. One who was active in leadership and shared pieces of himself with no expectation of something in return. :cry:

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:35 pm

CaronylKluster

He was a long time friend since we met and began playing games together about 4 years ago. He and I began talking on the phone regularly about 2 years ago as we were both walking through some similar things in our lives. One thing about us was starkly different though. He had to manage a life with a health ailment I'd never have to worry about dealing with. I've known him as he's been through 3 health scares.

Early this morning he passed away, and he will never be forgotten. My life will be missing something for a long time to come. RIP buddy, we miss you already.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Colonel Swimmerdude99

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club

Postby Devante on Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:14 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:CaronylKluster

He was a long time friend since we met and began playing games together about 4 years ago. He and I began talking on the phone regularly about 2 years ago as we were both walking through some similar things in our lives. One thing about us was starkly different though. He had to manage a life with a health ailment I'd never have to worry about dealing with. I've known him as he's been through 3 health scares.

Early this morning he passed away, and he will never be forgotten. My life will be missing something for a long time to come. RIP buddy, we miss you already.

My condolences. To you and his family.

"Those we hold closest to our hearts never truly leave us. They live on in the kindness they have shared and the love they brought into our lives."

Sounds like he was the kind of man who will live in many hearts for years to come. Wishing nothing but strength for you all during this time.
Major Devante

Re: The Spirit of Conquer Club - CaronylKluster tributes

Postby Keefie on Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:49 am

I will never forget you Josh, you touched everyones hearts.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby The_Samurai on Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:36 am

CaronylKluster

An increadible person who gave 150% to everything he touched and undertook
An incredibly compassionate person who was there for everyone in spite of his own health challenges over the last 35 years
An incredibly positive person in spite of his life challenges

A model husband and father of two
A awe-inspiring friend who has touched the life of many
An inspiration to everyone who knew him

My favorite team mate on CC since 2014

You will be missed ... You will never be forgotten ... Thank you for being You !
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby joecoolfrog on Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:31 am

RIP Josh.
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby nibotha on Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:15 am

A kind, positive person. RIP Josh.
Colonel nibotha

Postby Iron Maid on Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:40 am

You were a very kind person and it's sad to hear you passed away. RIP Josh.
Highest Rank: 60 (Brigadier) Score: 3139 Date: March 26th 2010
Winner of Official 2010 CC World Cup - Singles & Official 200 Maps Tournament
Major Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Postby pconnolly365 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:59 am

You don't have to meet people in person to see how bright they shine.
Josh was the perfect clan mate and I am honoured to have been able to call him a friend.
He managed his illness with amazing dignity and control. To have been able to listen and chat things through with him when he needed an ear was a privilege.

RIP my friend. Godspeed on the final leg of your journey.
Condolences to your parents, wife and children. :cry:
Lieutenant pconnolly365

Postby ViperOverLord on Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:13 am

I never encouraged him to be super nice to me once. But he always was anyways.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Scarlet Lady on Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:46 am

A true gentleman whose presence on CC will be missed for a long time
Captain Scarlet Lady

Postby Mad777 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:00 pm

Josh, you will be missed my friend, i was glad to allow you maintaining your Premium & time on CC while encountering your health concern as that was all you wanted is to keep playing and enjoying this site. I have enjoyed our Dubs and you teaching me some maps.

Rest In Peace buddy! You will be missed!
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Denise on Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:37 pm

Josh, you were a great example to me and everyone of kindness and inner strength. Your focus was never on yourself. I marvel that you were so stalwart at comforting others when you were probably in more pain than anyone. I'm glad I knew you, even if it was only a little bit.
Colonel Denise

Postby HitRed on Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:17 pm

:(

HitRed
Captain HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:17 pm

I did not know C-Kluster, but based on all these testimonials, he was quite the Man and quite a good person.

He will obviously be missed by many on CC and in his RL.

RIP, C-K.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby Ltrain on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:26 pm

The first time I called Josh it was after his heath started to go south again after his lung transplant which was going well at first started to go south. I thought I was calling him to give him encouragement, I didn't really know what I was going to say but we had played clan games for 5 years and I felt like I should try to boost his spirits. What happened during that convo 2 years ago is hard to explain, but basically he ended up giving me more inspiration. He had no fear of death, a complete faith in God, and gratitude that he got to live the life he lived (wife, 2 kids).

I talked to him a couple times after and it was the same thing. He was doing in home hospice so long but eventually started working again, picking up more games, I almost forgot how close he has been to death this whole time.

The last thing ill say and I know people who knew him and played with him a lot will appreciate this. He asked me to sub on his 1v1 games on the 23rd, and I couldn't help but poke my head into a couple other dubs games he was in on maps I like and I took a couple turns. He noticed and sent me a message Christmas morn that was so Josh. Love you man

Lawson,

Merry Christmas! If you can keep taking my nonclan league turns that would be appreciated.

I went to the hospital in an ambulance for the first time yesterday in my life. I’m rocking it out at the hospital right now. Hopefully I’ll be back. I appreciate your willingness to pitch in.

Please don’t play The games with 4 U 2 NV unless he asks you.

Josh
Major Ltrain

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:54 am

Ltrain wrote:The first time I called Josh it was after his heath started to go south again after his lung transplant which was going well at first started to go south. I thought I was calling him to give him encouragement, I didn't really know what I was going to say but we had played clan games for 5 years and I felt like I should try to boost his spirits. What happened during that convo 2 years ago is hard to explain, but basically he ended up giving me more inspiration. He had no fear of death, a complete faith in God, and gratitude that he got to live the life he lived (wife, 2 kids).

I talked to him a couple times after and it was the same thing. He was doing in home hospice so long but eventually started working again, picking up more games, I almost forgot how close he has been to death this whole time.

The last thing ill say and I know people who knew him and played with him a lot will appreciate this. He asked me to sub on his 1v1 games on the 23rd, and I couldn't help but poke my head into a couple other dubs games he was in on maps I like and I took a couple turns. He noticed and sent me a message Christmas morn that was so Josh. Love you man

Lawson,

Merry Christmas! If you can keep taking my nonclan league turns that would be appreciated.

I went to the hospital in an ambulance for the first time yesterday in my life. I’m rocking it out at the hospital right now. Hopefully I’ll be back. I appreciate your willingness to pitch in.

Please don’t play The games with 4 U 2 NV unless he asks you.

Josh

Such a Josh thing to say! Yeah don’t play with me! I play with you! :P. I do know he meant it for our current dubs games.

He was a great partner and person. I very quickly enjoyed his camaraderie and competitiveness for the game. Truly an inspiration.
Brigadier 4 U 2 NV

Postby Silvertop on Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:50 am

RIP Josh !
Hope you will roll lots of sixes up there
Sergeant 1st Class Silvertop

Postby Tviorr on Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:12 am

condolences. RIP Caronylkluster
Major Tviorr

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:09 am

Wow. Sad news indeed. He was my opponent in many, many games and always the perfect gentleman, never gloating when winning nor complaining when losing. I gather he was like that in real life, also. Truly a great loss to all of us.

Sympathies to those left behind.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby the warrior65 on Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:08 am

Bad news.

RIP CaronylKluster
Sergeant 1st Class the warrior65

Postby Craig25 on Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:05 am

A Gentlemen to the last! A message delivered from 'CK' on the 26th Dec!

He was a regular player in Tournaments I organised and it was an absolute pleasure to have him as a competitor. He was late entering the 'Band of Brothers' Super League, but when he did, he SCUDDED the 1st 2 Leagues he played in! His 2nd League win was record breaking too! 40 Points which is the Joint Top Points ever Scored in a Super League Season. So he was an absolute competitor to the very last too! It was made all the more amazing with what he was dealing with off the board too. Trully remarkable!

Well, 'CK' will never be forgotten. And 100% he is 1 player you'd want at the big RISK game in the sky!

I'll be setting up a Memorial Tourney for 'CK' Early January. We will make it massive as Caronyl was a true legend of the game..............He had very close friends on here. So the Tourney would be done with their support.

My condolences to His Friends and most of all his Family.......

CaronylKluster wrote:My apologies! I’ve had an emergent health situation arise. I will need to use one of my rest seasons for season 11. I’m sorry about the late notice. It is possible this health situation could take me entirely out of the league indefinitely since it’s terminally related. Thank you for such as awesome tournament. I really enjoyed it and looked forward to playing it.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Mad777 on Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:17 am

Craig25 wrote:A Gentlemen to the last! A message delivered from 'CK' on the 26th Dec!

He was a regular player in Tournaments I organised and it was an absolute pleasure to have him as a competitor. He was late entering the 'Band of Brothers' Super League, but when he did, he SCUDDED the 1st 2 Leagues he played in! His 2nd League win was record breaking too! 40 Points which is the Joint Top Points ever Scored in a Super League Season. So he was an absolute competitor to the very last too! It was made all the more amazing with what he was dealing with off the board too. Trully remarkable!

Well, 'CK' will never be forgotten. And 100% he is 1 player you'd want at the big RISK game in the sky!

I'll be setting up a Memorial Tourney for 'CK' Early January. We will make it massive as Caronyl was a true legend of the game..............He had very close friends on here. So the Tourney would be done with their support.

My condolences to His Friends and most of all his Family.......

CaronylKluster wrote:My apologies! I’ve had an emergent health situation arise. I will need to use one of my rest seasons for season 11. I’m sorry about the late notice. It is possible this health situation could take me entirely out of the league indefinitely since it’s terminally related. Thank you for such as awesome tournament. I really enjoyed it and looked forward to playing it.

Craig, reach out to me about this memorial tournament when it’s ready, as CC Community will support, at least I will personally give all support to it, talking with Josh for the last few years on WhatsApp reminded me what is truly important in life and his thoughts and behavior, while knowing what he was dealing with, were inspirational!
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby JJ41375 on Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:36 am

My condolences to his family and friends. Always a great opponent to play against, but as I see here an even better person to be around. :(
Captain JJ41375
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Wile E Coyote on Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:23 pm

Really sorry to hear this, my love and prayers go to his friends and family. RIP
Captain Wile E Coyote

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion