Conquer Club

Guidance for the prodigal

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Guidance for the prodigal

Postby daddy1gringo on Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:53 pm

I've been away for years and a lot has changed, so I need a little "how to". I'm trying to start a speed game, at least I think that's what most simulates 4 or 5 people sitting down over a physical board to play a game. In "create a game", "turn length", it won't let me choose anything other than "24 hours". Is there a "speed game" button somewhere to free up those buttons?
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Location: Connecticut yankee expatriated in Houston, Texas area, by way of Isabela, NW PR

Re: Guidance for the prodigal

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:31 pm

Speed games are only a premium feature so might not be available for you as a freemium. But welcome back :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby daddy1gringo on Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:32 pm

Nuts. Thanks. I guess that's one of the changes. I think I was always a "freemium", and I'm sure I played speed games before.
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Location: Connecticut yankee expatriated in Houston, Texas area, by way of Isabela, NW PR

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:56 pm

daddy1gringo wrote:Nuts. Thanks. I guess that's one of the changes. I think I was always a "freemium", and I'm sure I played speed games before.

No it’s always been a premium perk, one of the main ones. But looks like at one point someone gifted you a years premium and you got to play speed games :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MichelSableheart on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:05 pm

In addition, there have been specific events where Freemiums got to play speed games on specific maps.
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby TeeGee on Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:20 am

daddy1gringo wrote:Nuts. Thanks. I guess that's one of the changes. I think I was always a "freemium", and I'm sure I played speed games before.

Check your credit account balance and see if you have any loose Conquer Credits (although this is unlikely given that you have been away from the site). https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=account
If you have any credits you may be able to purchase a speed game pack https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... cy=credits

You cna buy extra credits (and premium here) https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... cy=dollars
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby daddy1gringo on Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:37 pm

IcePack wrote:

No it’s always been a premium perk, one of the main ones. But looks like at one point someone gifted you a years premium and you got to play speed games :)

That rings a faint bell.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Return to Conquer Club Discussion