Conquer Club

The Thing TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Thing Day 4

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:28 pm

Ragian wrote:@Dega, I'm never sure about anything. I'm quite sure I only wrote that I've never seen it before. And your question whether I would do this and this as The Thing is sort of meh, too. I wouldn't have focused so much on out of play speculations either, and I would've defo recruited either you, Strike, or me at this point. So, am I on point with any of that?

@strike, we BT and lynch Vot/dega. That's my call.

I know you can't be 100% sure about anything in this game (unless you're Sonic :lol: ), but there are relative degrees of sureness.
How sure are you sure that I vigged Charle last night?

Could you be more specific about what was "meh" about my question about whether you would recruit me?
You saw how obvious it was that Charle was recruited, right?
You saw that eliminating the vig only moved the FT to another player, right?
Would it be logical to recruit the one player out of four that was most likely to be exposed immediately?

I'm not sure what "out of play speculations" you're talking about.

But in any case, all I'm asking for right now is that townies don't place lynch votes immediately, no matter what the result of Strike's BT.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:59 pm

I retracted my vote ages ago. Hopefully either of you two saw it.

I'm saying that playing the "what if you were scum" card now is weird. I wouldn't have played it like this. So, no, I wouldn't have converted you if I was certain that it would be exposed. Are you sure that if we're out of backup vigs, then there would still be a mentioning of the FT in the scene? And how sure are you?

And I'm quite sure about all the other stuff that you mentioned. Mainly because that is in the past. What we're doing now is predicting the present (that's an odd sentence) without info. Forgive me for being weary about it.
Captain Ragian

Postby SoN!c on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:19 pm

degaston wrote:
Ragian wrote:@Dega, I'm never sure about anything. I'm quite sure I only wrote that I've never seen it before. And your question whether I would do this and this as The Thing is sort of meh, too. I wouldn't have focused so much on out of play speculations either, and I would've defo recruited either you, Strike, or me at this point. So, am I on point with any of that?

@strike, we BT and lynch Vot/dega. That's my call.

I know you can't be 100% sure about anything in this game (unless you're Sonic :lol: ), but there are relative degrees of sureness.
How sure are you sure that I vigged Charle last night?

Could you be more specific about what was "meh" about my question about whether you would recruit me?
You saw how obvious it was that Charle was recruited, right?
You saw that eliminating the vig only moved the FT to another player, right?
Would it be logical to recruit the one player out of four that was most likely to be exposed immediately?

I'm not sure what "out of play speculations" you're talking about.

But in any case, all I'm asking for right now is that townies don't place lynch votes immediately, no matter what the result of Strike's BT.

Legal notice

Please Note the following message from Mr. Yuu Fuchs lawyer handling his funeral and preserving his fine memory and any testimonial copy right on his best-selling meme pictures, that "100% sure" has the same (or even less) legal meaning as posting a "guaranteed win for town (including the "guaranteed" (like in 100% sure) promise that D4 lynch or D4 BT sequence does not even matter*")

*under reservation of all rights reserved and without any adverse acknowledgment
Colonel SoN!c

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:36 pm

Deg we gotta lynch either strike or Vot. As we can't be sure the thing can pass its power then FT me or Rag, but its way safer than the other thing around.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Re: The Thing Day 2

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:57 pm

No reaction

I goofed and missed the BT Woopsies.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:10 pm

I won't vote yet. But For now I'm planning on voting Vot
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Ragian on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:22 pm

Fine! Can I vote Vot now? I tried D2, but no one listened. I tried D3, but no one listened.
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:24 pm

I think DDS is mistaken in his ruling about the endgame condition, but if that's the way it's going to be, then we have to lynch Vot, and the only question is, who do I vig?

Do you have an opinion, Strike?
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:25 pm

Can you vig yourself?
Captain Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Lynch Vot...at the moment, I lean towards vigging Traf but it's basically a potshot with the current info.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:31 pm

SoN!c wrote:Booooooo!!!! I'm a Ghooooossssttttt!!!!

I almost thought about vigging Strike last night, but then I thought "Wait, Sonic is always wrong!" :lol:

on Oct 28, 2023, degaston wrote:My first impression (based on running The Tick) is that Sonic was very good at picking townies to accuse, so whether he's the Thing or not, I'm inclined to do the opposite of what he says. :lol:
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:33 pm

Agreed. I won't even hold it against you if you vig me. I'll win as town, right, Dega? That is your promise. Right?

Lynch Votanic

Off to bed. Kid wakes early.
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:37 pm

Ragian wrote:Can you vig yourself?
If I could, would you want me to?
But the answer to your question is: I don't know, but I'm not going to try it.

You're supposed to be trying to impress me with your townieness right now so that I don't vig you. That's not going to cut it.
If I've been recruited, then there will be no vig tonight and you can lynch me tomorrow. But if you're town, then you probably should assume I'm telling the truth, and trying to convince me to vig Traf.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Votanic on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:48 pm

Okay, I'll admit, at first glance this does look kind of suss...

But fear not, I am still the base's friendly meteorologist, George Bennings, who always tries to give the best avice about the weather, ...and everything else too.

Lately, I've been think a lot about this strange, extraterrestrial being among us, the one we have been calling, 'The Thing'.

This being, capable of inter-stellar travel, is not a ferocious animal. On the contrary, it must be very intelligent, ...and likely wise in ways are own species has yet to even comprehend.
Perhaps, in a way, he is a galactic messenger sent to us by providence to improve humanity: genetically, technologically, and even spiritually.

Yes, of course, it is a gory sight to see one of our co-workers split open to reveal a slithering and mass of fangs and tentacles... but is it really any more hideous than our own bloody, screaming emergence from the womb?

Maybe, just maybe, together, we and 'The Thing' can end this cycle of pointless violence and suspicion. Maybe if we try to understand one another, we could literally merge together into a superior, hybrid race capable of exploring and conquering galaxies in ways that our mere humanity can scarcely even invision.

Maybe this all seems like crazy 'outside-the-box' thinking, but seriously, this alternative reality that is now beckoning to us might actually be our one-and-only opportunity to save humanity and all of Earth, not destroy it. Imgine humanity and 'The Thing' both winning this game (of life) together as friends. :)

So et's try to think rationally and maybe even communicate with 'The Thing' in a friendly, non-threatening way, instead of giving into our base emotions of fear, hatred, and paranoia.
Trust me, vigging myself, or any one else, in cold blood is not the answer to our problems.
Captain Votanic

Postby Votanic on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:49 pm

...or lynching either. That's just as bad.
Captain Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:58 pm

Well Deg all is in your hands. We ggona lynch Vot.

I'm town and have been all game. I questioned the not voting on strike or Vot cause it reallye scares me as town and you have to see it. what if I were vig and you were in my position.

Anyway as Rag said. if you vig me I'm gonna win as town, so not really gonna try hard here.

If Deg happened to be the converted and he has the ability to convert we are doomed anyway. so lets go all in Lynch vot and let Deg decided. If he does not flame but game is not over we BT deg tomorrow.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:04 pm

strike wolf wrote:Lynch Vot...at the moment, I lean towards vigging Traf but it's basically a potshot with the current info.
I agree that it's a potshot. Especially since anything they said before today is meaningless.
I do have another plan that I think would guarantee a town win, but you would have to trust that I'm not the recruit.

If we no-lynch today, then it's still 3v2, so we're not end-gamed.
I can vig Vot, to make sure they don't get a recruit.
Then tomorrow we can BT Traf or Rag and lynch depending on the result.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Votanic on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:06 pm

Vote No Lynch

If possible I would actually like to vote for a non-violent, mutually beneficial resolution of both the (within flavor) conflict and also the game itself, but I don't know if there is any allowance for that in the ol' mafia rulebook...
Captain Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:10 pm

degaston wrote:
If we no-lynch today, then it's still 3v2, so we're not end-gamed.
I can vig Vot, to make sure they don't get a recruit.
Then tomorrow we can BT Traf or Rag and lynch depending on the result.

I'm sorry but I rather lose cause u got wrong with the torch. (And its not even certain as we don't know if the powers will be transfered) Than to lose cause we didn't lynch the thing and we got played at the end.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:13 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Anyway as Rag said. if you vig me I'm gonna win as town, so not really gonna try hard here.

This applies to either you or Ragian (whichever one is town).
If I vig the wrong one, and the other becomes the recruiter because we lynched Vot, then town loses.
I just posted how we can avoid that.

Vote No-Lynch

I will probably vig you if you vote to lynch Vot, otherwise I'll vig Rag if Vot gets lynched.
Brigadier degaston

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:14 pm

Aaaghh it's so hard to me trust you 100% still the vig. I don't want to lose cause we got played here.
But I do see the point.
but Vot voting no lynch - other than the obvius scares me a bit.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:17 pm

degaston wrote:
I will probably vig you if you vote to lynch Vot, otherwise I'll vig Rag if Vot gets lynched.

Eh, sorry, didn't get this. you mean if no lynch you gotta vig Vot. so in no scenario you are vigging Rag. hmm not liking some ot this posts
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:24 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Aaaghh it's so hard to me trust you 100% still the vig. I don't want to lose cause we got played here.
But I do see the point.
but Vot voting no lynch - other than the obvius scares me a bit.
I've already presented my case about why I was unlikely to be the recruit, and that there is no evidence that I was recruited while there was after Charle was recruited.

I know the feeling of not wanting to be played, and I know I'm pushing hard for this, but I'm not looking forward to having to choose between you. You can think on it as long as you like, or wait for Rag to show up again if you want to hear more from him.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:25 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
degaston wrote:

Eh, sorry, didn't get this. you mean if no lynch you gotta vig Vot. so in no scenario you are vigging Rag. hmm not liking some ot this posts

If Vot decides to vote for himself, and Strike joins him, then I'd lynch Rag.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:26 pm

EBWOP:
degaston wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
degaston wrote:

If Vot decides to vote for himself, and Strike joins him, then I'd lynch vig Rag.
Brigadier degaston

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives