Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D1) 13/13 Confirmation

Postby Ewebasher on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:36 pm

Loose Canon wrote:
UNVOTE PIXAR VOTE FUSIBASEBALL

But if we lynch Fusi, DDS will die as well (I'm assuming they are still madly in love...)
Major Ewebasher

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:49 pm

Ok The Valentines Day Massacre bandwagon is on then Ewebasher
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:12 pm

Ewebasher wrote:
Loose Canon wrote:
UNVOTE PIXAR VOTE FUSIBASEBALL

But if we lynch Fusi, DDS will die as well (I'm assuming they are still madly in love...)

I forgot who made us lovers but a big f*ck you for that one. And to Strike for biting me. And whoever else targeted me. Can you guys just gloss over me for one night? Or just at least take me out to dinner first and use lube while you're at it.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby SoN!c on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:14 pm

Ewebasher wrote:
SoN!c wrote:But I have no idea why he wants to know more about "the book that identified the fline skirl" - i don't even understand the word "fline" - and i was thinking my english was rather good.

I'm guessing it's a 'flavour' of flying squirrel... and no I don't have the book (assuming the book is critical)

Isn't a "skirl" a "high tone scream/whistle/signal"? Instead of a squirrel?

A scotsman should know these things... bagpipes you know.. to be used on DDS with or without lube :D

I was thinking the weird creature signalled our arrival with its shrill sound?
Colonel SoN!c

Postby Ewebasher on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:34 pm

SoN!c wrote:
Ewebasher wrote:
SoN!c wrote:But I have no idea why he wants to know more about "the book that identified the fline skirl" - i don't even understand the word "fline" - and i was thinking my english was rather good.

I'm guessing it's a 'flavour' of flying squirrel... and no I don't have the book (assuming the book is critical)

A scotsman should know these things... bagpipes you know.. to be used on DDS with or without lube :D

Yes, the skirl of the bagpipes but in conjunction with fline (being close to flying) I reckoned it was an intentional mis-spelling of squirrel...
Major Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I forgot who made us lovers but a big f*ck you for that one.

That would have been SoN!c :lol:
Major Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:36 pm

And I realise I'm being completely hypocritical as I complained about too much previous game chat in Hollows and have now mentioned the game twice... VOTE EWEBASHER (note intentionally non-bold, non-red to make sure it's taken as a joke)
Major Ewebasher

Postby Votanic on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:45 pm

SoN!c wrote:
Ewebasher wrote:

A few flavor clarifications that probably don't have any gameplay significance.

1.) Yes, I concur, fline skirl = flying squirrel
2.) The book sounds like some kind of field guide, perhaps a recent post-cataclysmic one, since it seems to contain misspellings (or is 'fline skirl' a mispronunciation?).
3.) The sharp stab comes from getting too close to a large vine. It is unrelated to the metal objects.
4.) The metal objects don't glow like a light bulb. They glow (shine) because they are untarnished, seemingly 'looked after'.
@ strike: Would you confirm that these suppositions are correct, since our in-gameworld characters would likely know these things?

The city/village distinction may or may not have any significance, but in any case, lets keep track of it.
6 claim city: Votanic, DDS, Sonic, Devante, Loose Canon, Ewebasher
3 claim village: Charle, swang, Pmchugh
4 have not claimed: traf, Pixar, Kingm, Fusi
No claims are confirmed.
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby SoN!c on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:06 pm

@Ewe: Yes but your probably right on the flying squirrel (fline skirl). The story mentions the village has been living in isolation for so long they develloped a dialect of their own.. Still it doesnt make sense as its the city group who said it (read it in a book they brought along) and not the tribal village that has the dialect.. but the more we discuss the more we learn / see different opinions.

FP by Vot

Another good opion/clarification. I was reading the stab as a stab from the metal glowing marker. Like a city dweller stumbled into it (didnt see it because of the large vine) and got stabbed that way. I was very certain on that part.

And yes i was thinking they glow by themselves (as possessed by the spirits as a "spirit relay station"). Could be like Vot says, they glow because they are well taken care of and polished every day.

With that im not in favour to end the day fast with no lynch as we make progress ' even if this progress is considered very small for now..
Colonel SoN!c

Postby fusibaseball on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:38 pm

Whoever chose to make DDS my lover basically give him a death sentence because I never last past Night 2 and they screwed over town in doing that btw
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby SoN!c on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:48 pm

fusibaseball wrote:Whoever chose to make DDS my lover basically give him a death sentence because I never last past Night 2 and they screwed over town in doing that btw

Are you talking to me? :D

Look i chose both you guys because DDS made a dive (bitten) and you were very silent not saying anything.. just like now only mentioning fluffy huge abot swords..

And : your comment was on last game so again your not saying anything in here?

Vote Fusibaseball

Happy red valentine massacre day Fusi
Colonel SoN!c

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:26 pm

Votanic wrote:
SoN!c wrote:
Ewebasher wrote:

A few flavor clarifications that probably don't have any gameplay significance.

1.) Yes, I concur, fline skirl = flying squirrel
2.) The book sounds like some kind of field guide, perhaps a recent post-cataclysmic one, since it seems to contain misspellings (or is 'fline skirl' a mispronunciation?).
3.) The sharp stab comes from getting too close to a large vine. It is unrelated to the metal objects.
4.) The metal objects don't glow like a light bulb. They glow (shine) because they are untarnished, seemingly 'looked after'.
@ strike: Would you confirm that these suppositions are correct, since our in-gameworld characters would likely know these things?

The city/village distinction may or may not have any significance, but in any case, lets keep track of it.
3 claim village: Charle, swang, Pmchugh
4 have not claimed: traf, Pixar, Kingm, Fusi
No claims are confirmed.

1. Fline skirl=flying squirrel. Future setting. Words/spelling/pronunciations change.
2. Field guide may or may not have game significance. Fline skirl isnt mispelled in context of the future setting.
3. Yes. The stab was from the sharp vine.
4. Pretty much.

Ill do a vote count later tonight. Am currently at work.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:32 pm

SoN!c wrote:
fusibaseball wrote:Whoever chose to make DDS my lover basically give him a death sentence because I never last past Night 2 and they screwed over town in doing that btw

Look i chose both you guys because DDS made a dive (bitten) and you were very silent not saying anything.. just like now only mentioning fluffy huge abot swords..

Vote Fusibaseball

1. You couldn't have possibly have known that.

2. Odd double standard here to vote for Fusi, but okay.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby SoN!c on Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:37 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
SoN!c wrote:

Vote Fusibaseball

1. You couldn't have possibly have known that.

2. Odd double standard here to vote for Fusi, but okay.

Just jumping on Loose his lovewagon..its valentine today after all

Now this is good:
1. Fline skirl=flying squirrel. Future setting. Words/spelling/pronunciations change

"Future setting"

2. Field guide may or may not have game significance. Fline skirl isnt mispelled in context of the future setting.

Here is "Future setting" again..
Colonel SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:03 pm

First, let me Unvote.

Now let's discuss the relative benefits of lynching/not lynching on Day 1...

Let's assume for now that there are 10 townies and 3 scum, a reasonable guess (but 9 townies and 4 scum is also likely...)
Lynch voting randomly would give each townie a 9 in 12 chance (75%) of voting a townie and a 3 in 12 chance (25%) of voting scum.
Ignore the scum votes for now, some might try to sneak on a bandwagon... and some might not.
Those odds aren't very good... but remember, the worse town plays, the better its odds. Indeed, if our odds even go above 50%, we've definitely lost.

So if we avoid a completely random lynch Day 1, ...especially considering that scum will never vote for scum, so it's already worse than random right there.
Then how will Day 2 be less random?
We'll have some attempted lynch votes to interpret (meh), and we'll have a a dead townie unless protected... and that brings us to guessing what the power roles might be....

The power roles could be complexly complicated and customized ...or completely non-existent... but a common and basic Mafia set-up usually has two basic power role types that operate at night: 1) investigative, and 2) protective. Usually, if known and possible, the investigative role will get highest priority on being protected... Of course, how the investigator(s)(cop, detective, seer, etc.) communicates his information to town is always a challenge, with safety vs. effectiveness being weighed and balanced.

So besides lynch suggestions, does anyone have any ideas on who especially deserves to be investigated? or protected?
No guarantee that the power role players will even listen to us anyway, but any thoughtful reasoning on the subjects might be valuable anyway... or conversely, might be more scummy insincere, manipulation... but then also, if we can identify such scumminess, that becomes valuable too...

Postby SoN!c on Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:16 pm

We should maximise our intel first. That is also why we should make the days last as long as possible.

Poke the players that are "laying low". Now english is not my native tongue so yes i would wanna see how USA players handle themselves in a dutch, french or german mafia game. The "fline skirl" c"est simple comme bonjour si tu avais le talk oder die sprache aber nicht als dat nu eenmaal niet je miedertaal taal is. Lot stoan als kik antwaarps klap
Colonel SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:30 pm

Flavour for flavour's sake.

Postby pmchugh on Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:54 pm

What is even the point of no lynch? Imagine a game with no power roles for town, would you still no lynch day 1? That would seem silly as you are just essentially handing mafia an extra town kill before you vote.

Therefore no lynching is just a hope and a prayer that night actions from cops or whatever help us out.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:00 pm

Vot reckon you would be the most valuable player for either town or scum. For that reason you'd be up near top of my lists for both investigate and protect.
Maybe if protector does have anything better to go on self protection N1 might be an option too.
Nothing is striking me as scummy from players posts really wish there was but for me there just isn't as of now.
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 pm

Pmchugh how many mafia games have you played here? This is my 4th. 2nd one I like you now argued heavily for d1 lynch but got argued against it. It seems the more experienced players hate D1 lynches as a general rule and even view it as scummy if you argue strongly for it. How many games have you played here before?
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:47 am

Vote Count

Trafalgar
Votanic (1)-Fusi
Charle
DDS (1)-Swang
Loose Canon
Fusibaseball (2)-Loose Canon, Son!c
Son!c
PMC
Ewebasher
Kingm
Devante
Swang
*Pixar*

No Lynch (5)-DDS, Ewebasher, Kingm, Charle, Pixar

With 13 alive It takes 7 to lynch

Day 1 will end next Saturday around 11:30 PM est

Loose Canon has been prodded. If there is anyone else who hasnt posted and needs a prod or if I missed a vote/unvote in the count, please let me know
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:38 am

It's time for "No Lynch" to claim, I think. PUT YOUR HANDS UP NO LYNCH, FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT OF A BEHEADING :twisted:
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Votanic on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:06 am

*Pixar* wrote:It's time for "No Lynch" to claim, I think. PUT YOUR HANDS UP NO LYNCH, FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT OF A BEHEADING :twisted:

4 claim village: Charle, swang, Pmchugh, Pixar
3 have not claimed: traf, Kingm, Fusi
No claims are confirmed.

Sure, might as well claim... yes, 3 or 4 of you are lying (at least implicitedly), but frankly, I don't even see how we'll catch you at it anyway...

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:45 am

pmchugh wrote:What is even the point of no lynch? Imagine a game with no power roles for town, would you still no lynch day 1? That would seem silly as you are just essentially handing mafia an extra town kill before you vote.

Therefore no lynching is just a hope and a prayer that night actions from cops or whatever help us out.

Its is very likely that if we lynch today we will lynch a townie. that at the very least will put us two townies down by D2. and guess what votes on the person on D1 can't be reliable as everyone did it just with a hunch.

Now you say D2 would be the same as D1. Except its not having info on who died, figuring out what kind of roles are out there and more its very different.
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Loose Canon on Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:27 pm

As there is nothing much happening just some thoughts;

Vot; You are on my radar out of respect for your play in the previous game - if it wasn't for that I'd put you as town - but I have to respect you as capable of playing a blinder as scum and also I wonder whether Strike wouldn't be very tempted to see how you fare as scum in this game - I would be if I was Strike and wasn't randomly assigning roles.

Also and this is a bit out there - but I'm thinking your sword play - could it have been a hidden signal/day 1 action so that the scum from the village could identify you as scum ahead of you all getting together to do your worst tonight?

Swang; I called Swang as scum 2 games ago (turned out to be right) based on what I assessed was blending in play/chat then. Maybe Swang has learned a lesson but I wouldn't call Swang as scum in this game.
Major Loose Canon

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives