Conquer Club

HP: fight for freedom. Game over. Wizards won.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Harry potter: The fight for freedom. Day 1.

Postby Djfireside on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 pm

So what if you just put, "Everyone" in the book. Mass genocide?
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:46 pm

The person named 'everyone' would die...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Oh, a deadline! I haven't had one of those yet. Doesn't that just make it easier for the mafia to get by with hiding? "Oh, sorry guys, school is so tough right now...I like have 3 classes a day, and just can't find time to post...but I'm here reading everything. I'll post if I have anything to add." I will be extra wary about anyone with lame excuses for not adding to the conversation.

This is the last post from Neb, who has not added anything else. Ironic how he accuses mafia of using the deadline to their advantage and then doesn't say anything else. My attempt at getting out of jokevote anyways.

unvote vote Nebuchadnezer
Captain safariguy5

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Finally!! The jokevote stage had gone WAY off on a tangent!!

SO back to my real vote ...

thehippo8 wrote:vote Nebuchadnezer for a dreadfully poor display of logical disarray! He claims to be too busy studying to post and then says that it is scummy to coast!

[b]unvote: vote Nebuchadnezer
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby jonty125 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Also ironic he was first to join and first to post on D1

unvote vote Neb for being inactive, and maybe the mod could prod, he hasn't been seen for 4 days.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Vote Neb so that we get some proper pressure going on as suitable a target as any
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Bleed_Green on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Oh, a deadline! I haven't had one of those yet. Doesn't that just make it easier for the mafia to get by with hiding? "Oh, sorry guys, school is so tough right now...I like have 3 classes a day, and just can't find time to post...but I'm here reading everything. I'll post if I have anything to add." I will be extra wary about anyone with lame excuses for not adding to the conversation.

Vote Neb to apply the pressure since Leehar did not put it into bold. I am interested to see what he has to say since he stated that he would be submarining the entire time but will post if he has anything to add.. but advises that he would be wary about anyone with lame excuses for not adding to the conversation... a complete contradiction in his statement and actions... best lead we have so far...

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:10 pm

lol whoops, I hate colours not popping up in quick reply!
Vote Neb
Since it's still probs L-4 at least
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Djfireside on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Now he is should be at -4.

Vote Neb
Private Djfireside

Postby Djfireside on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Sorry forgot to unvote. sry on spam

UNVOTE Vote Neb
Private Djfireside

Postby Bleed_Green on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Bleed_Green wrote:

Vote Neb to apply the pressure since Leehar did not put it into bold. I am interested to see what he has to say since he stated that he would be submarining the entire time but will post if he has anything to add.. but advises that he would be wary about anyone with lame excuses for not adding to the conversation... a complete contradiction in his statement and actions... best lead we have so far...

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
Captain Bleed_Green

Postby Bleed_Green on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Bleed_Green wrote:

forgot as well
unvote VOTE Nebuchadnezer

Captain Bleed_Green

Postby spiesr on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Djfireside wrote:Now he is should be at -4.

Vote Neb
Do you want to give us any sort of reason for this action, or am I going to be left to assume that you are bandwagoning for the sake of bandwagoning?
Bleed_Green wrote:

One thing that people bizarrely don't seem to have understood is that the part of his post that I have highlighted in blue is his impression of what an excuse for scummarning would look like, not him actually saying that he won't be active. Note the quotation marks. I am not sure why so many people appear to have misunderstood that. But anyway, the fact that he hasn't posted in this game since he said that of Friday, while having posted in other games during that period, is still something to take note of. On the other hand, we were in the joke vote phase that whole time, so I can understand not really having anything to say. (Also no deadline had yet been assigned.)
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 pm

*comes back from the gym* well this developed fast.

Umm Spiesr there is actually a deadline. I have no problem with the inactive bandwagon just noting that this one developed very quickly.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:27 pm

spiesr wrote:
Djfireside wrote:Now he is should be at -4.

Vote Neb
Do you want to give us any sort of reason for this action, or am I going to be left to assume that you are bandwagoning for the sake of bandwagoning?
Bleed_Green wrote:

One thing that people bizarrely don't seem to have understood is that the part of his post that I have highlighted in blue is his impression of what an excuse for scummarning would look like, not him actually saying that he won't be active. Note the quotation marks. I am not sure why so many people appear to have misunderstood that. But anyway, the fact that he hasn't posted in this game since he said that of Friday, while having posted in other games during that period, is still something to take note of. On the other hand, we were in the joke vote phase that whole time, so I can understand not really having anything to say. (Also no deadline had yet been assigned.)

So, at least somebody understood my post!

Have you guys looked at what you consider "activity"? Seriously? Some dude posting stories about writing a name in a book to kill someone else, and then everyone decides to converse about that for a good page and a half. Great activity! You guys were doing so much more than I was...that is just some great contribtuion by all of you. How could I not be scum for not participating in that pointless discussion. (end sarcasm)

Soooo...which one of you to pick for not understanding my post?
thehippo8 wrote:Finally!! The jokevote stage had gone WAY off on a tangent!!

SO back to my real vote ...

thehippo8 wrote:vote Nebuchadnezer for a dreadfully poor display of logical disarray! He claims to be too busy studying to post and then says that it is scummy to coast!

[b]unvote: vote Nebuchadnezer

I pick this one...for being too obtuse to actually understand what I was saying in my post. Also, for being the second one on the bandwagon.

VOTE HIPPO8

And a big FOS on the rest of you that bandwagoned on this vote in record time!
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:01 pm

That escalated quickly... I least no one got stabbed in the heart.

Anyway, that was some really fast voting, especially for someone who is simply not posting a lot during the joke stage. I can't argue with Neb, OMGUS or the subsequent FOS's.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Well, at least we got some voting history started here.

From 2:58 to 6:14, I racked up 8 quick votes. Strike wolf had the best reason, as I was inactive. The rest of you simply couldn't resist a good pile on. In just over 3 hours you put me right on the chopping block. Half of you couldn't grasp my first post, which admittedly, I was acting just like what I said I would be wary of...but half of you didn't even understand that.

So, now that we're done discussing writing names in books, etc. Let's get on with the game, shall we?
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby freezie on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Vote Count

L-5 Nebuchanezer(5): Safariguy8, thehippo8, Jonty, Djfireside, Bleed_green

Spartacus(3): Spiesr, Spartacus, McHammer

Jonty(2): Leehar, Iron Butterfly

Leehar(1): Dazza

McHammer(2): Chapcrap, Victor Sullivan

Dazza(1): Strike

Strike(1): Drake

Thehippo8(1): Nebuchadnezer

If you guys want me to prod anyone, go on and tell me. I shall look back and prod those I beleive inactive later tonight.

Deadline in 8 days.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Well, at least we got some voting history started here.

From 2:58 to 6:14, I racked up 8 quick votes. Strike wolf had the best reason, as I was inactive. The rest of you simply couldn't resist a good pile on. In just over 3 hours you put me right on the chopping block. Half of you couldn't grasp my first post, which admittedly, I was acting just like what I said I would be wary of...but half of you didn't even understand that.

So, now that we're done discussing writing names in books, etc. Let's get on with the game, shall we?

I did not vote you. You're thinking of Safariguy.

As far as picking out the bandwagoners. I'd be much more interested in one of the following:

DJfireside-last one to attempt to join the bandwagon (Bleed would technically be the last one who was on it but he tried to vote earlier) did not contribute any reasoning just built the bandwagon.

Leehar-would have been 3rd to last on bandwagon if he had not misvoted.

Bleed-should have been 2nd to last on the bandwagon. Misrepresented what Neb said early in the thread.

Out of the three...Leehar is pretty much just on their due to the time in the bandwagon I don't consider him a serious lead...between DJfireside and Bleed. I lean towards pressuring Bleed as DJ is newer to mafia.

Unvote vote bleed
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Interesting, Interesting, Interesting.

I found that whole interlude about anime annoying. Then suddenly out of nowhere a bandwagon forms on Neb. LOL I have always found that sarcasm does not translate well with the written word and more so in a game of mafia.

We have 18 plyers this game. Someone correct me if my numbers are off but at most, a balanced game would have 33% antitown combined factions. 6 players.

This is only the first bandwagon of the game that only had five people on it. Considering that there are 18 plus people playing amd we have nothing to compare it with the voting pattern tells us nothing.

However I find Bleed scummy for voting the way he did, to come out of no where and vote for neb with no ryme or reason.

FOSBleed
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Interesting, Interesting, Interesting.

I found that whole interlude about anime annoying. Then suddenly out of nowhere a bandwagon forms on Neb. LOL I have always found that sarcasm does not translate well with the written word and more so in a game of mafia.

We have 18 plyers this game. Someone correct me if my numbers are off but at most, a balanced game would have 33% antitown combined factions. 6 players.

This is only the first bandwagon of the game that only had five people on it. Considering that there are 18 plus people playing amd we have nothing to compare it with the voting pattern tells us nothing.

However I find Bleed scummy for voting the way he did, to come out of no where and vote for neb with no ryme or reason.

FOSBleed

That does depend. If we have third party roles, then the mafia count goes down. But I would say we could guess about 6 roles that are not town. It doesn't mean they're all anti town, but something around that.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Interesting, Interesting, Interesting.

FOSBleed

33% would most likely be high unless town is very strong to balance it out. 6 non-town roles is fairly possible but I would say it's unlikely that they are all mafia. However every mod balances a bit differently and this is Freezie's first modded game in a while so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to wifom or meta the balance right now.

I apologize for my part in the anime talk.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Bleed_Green on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 pm

strike wolf wrote:

As far as picking out the bandwagoners. I'd be much more interested in one of the following:

DJfireside-last one to attempt to join the bandwagon (Bleed would technically be the last one who was on it but he tried to vote earlier) did not contribute any reasoning just built the bandwagon.

Bleed-should have been 2nd to last on the bandwagon. Misrepresented what Neb said early in the thread.

Out of the three...Leehar is pretty much just on their due to the time in the bandwagon I don't consider him a serious lead...between DJfireside and Bleed. I lean towards pressuring Bleed as DJ is newer to mafia.

Unvote vote bleed

The whole talk about the book might have made me a bit hasty even with the deadline 7 days away but there was no other movement in actually trying to get somewhere. After seeing Saf's post and going back to see is activity I did not take Neb post in a context that he tried to portray it as. The way I interpreted is exactly how I posted it.. that was taking 3 classes.. going to be skimming and only post a minimum amount when he felt he had some relevant information.. So I thought to myself, I am working full time, learning C++ and doing labs to go and write some of Microsoft Cert's plus my family life on top of that yes 3 classes are a fair amount but I did not see that as a valid excuse.

I am still keeping my vote where it stands because it was spiesr who interpreted a different way then myself followed by Neb confirming that is exactly how he meant it to be taking. If Neb's action in the coming days change with his activity I have no problem unvoting.

As for the FOS I was not coming out of left field, I have been jumping into this forum very actively to see if anything has changed but for the most part it has been about the death book which unfortunately I am not familiar with at all so I could not contribute in anyway

Captain Bleed_Green

Postby alt1978 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:24 pm

FOS at Dj fireside for having nothing at all on neb and voting for him. Seems to me a little suspicious. More so than just being new. Unless something substantial sways me...I'm leaning towards DJ fireside unless he has some thoughts to post about his vote.
Major alt1978

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Bleed_Green wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Unvote vote bleed

The whole talk about the book might have made me a bit hasty even with the deadline 7 days away but there was no other movement in actually trying to get somewhere. After seeing Saf's post and going back to see is activity I did not take Neb post in a context that he tried to portray it as. The way I interpreted is exactly how I posted it.. that was taking 3 classes.. going to be skimming and only post a minimum amount when he felt he had some relevant information.. So I thought to myself, I am working full time, learning C++ and doing labs to go and write some of Microsoft Cert's plus my family life on top of that yes 3 classes are a fair amount but I did not see that as a valid excuse.

I am still keeping my vote where it stands because it was spiesr who interpreted a different way then myself followed by Neb confirming that is exactly how he meant it to be taking. If Neb's action in the coming days change with his activity I have no problem unvoting.

As for the FOS I was not coming out of left field, I have been jumping into this forum very actively to see if anything has changed but for the most part it has been about the death book which unfortunately I am not familiar with at all so I could not contribute in anyway

Well the only problem I have about interpretation. You say it's how spiesr interpreted it and neb responded that that was the case. Read the post carefully and that's pretty much the only way it can be interpreted.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives