Conquer Club

Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 1 has begun

Postby geegel on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:50 am

zimmah wrote:
geegel wrote:At this stage I realize that lynching is a good idea, but speed-lynching is not. If you look at the bandwagon vote I'm sure there are at least one or two mafia scum voting for it. OTOH there's also the possibility of catching the SK or the cult leader.

So... unvote

vote nag

Obviously FOS on Vodean and LV.

Just So you know, both of hem haven't really posted serious comments, their last posts are well within the joke vote stage. So I don't really understand your logic here.

Votes are votes and they got to the point where an actual lynch might come out of them. Random voting can be interpreted as joke voting, but a concerted effort to get a lynch going has to give you some pause.
Sergeant 1st Class geegel

Postby zimmah on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:42 am

geegel wrote:
zimmah wrote:
geegel wrote:At this stage I realize that lynching is a good idea, but speed-lynching is not. If you look at the bandwagon vote I'm sure there are at least one or two mafia scum voting for it. OTOH there's also the possibility of catching the SK or the cult leader.

So... unvote

vote nag

Just So you know, both of hem haven't really posted serious comments, their last posts are well within the joke vote stage. So I don't really understand your logic here.

Votes are votes and they got to the point where an actual lynch might come out of them. Random voting can be interpreted as joke voting, but a concerted effort to get a lynch going has to give you some pause.

Well, I believe your action can be seen as inexperience, but believe me, joke vote bandwagons ( as long as no one comes close to a lynch) are not at all uncommon or even scummy. If you look at them in a serious manner I can understand you think they look scummy though, but I don't think you'll get much support. The joke stage seems over now though so the posts being made now should all be pretty serious.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 am

Few hours left. On phone now. Votes will count til I say otherwise
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 am

geegel wrote:
zimmah wrote:

So... unvote

vote nag

Any bandwagon can have scum on it, but it's very difficult to figure out who might be scum based on just 1 bandwagon. Can't find bandwagonners too easily with so little data.
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 am

what? we only have a few hours left?

guess this day is going to end in a NL then.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:31 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:
Day 1 will end sometime after I get home from work on Thursday. That will give you the 5 days I guaranteed in the rules plus a couple of extra hours.

that was in the first 2 vote counts
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Vote Count (17 alive: 8 to get a kick in the balls and 9 to lynch)
4: Elon: Campin, edicsil, Jonty, DJ
3 Nag: Red, LV, Geegel
2 Hippo: nag, Vodean
1 Aage: Strike Wolf
1 Vodean: Zimmah
1 Strike WOlf: Aage
1 DJ: Shaggy

After lots of discussion the letters of the alphabet were unable to decide on a lynch.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Night 1 has begun

Postby aage on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Is a scene coming in or has night started already?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby zimmah on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:15 pm

aage wrote:Is a scene coming in or has night started already?

there's no lynch.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm giving 24 more hours to get those night actions in.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Sorry guys, but I'm preparing for a hurricane right now. At some point tomorrow the scene will be posted. The damn storm has moved further west than they originally expected.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:28 am

Mr. W was walking home after doing a house call for someone that was sick. As he was walking home, he hears someone coming up behind him and call to him. Just as Mr. W turns around, the figure catches up to him and stabs the good doctor in the heart killing him instantly.

Campin: Mr. W town doc has been killed

Mr. Q finishes his kill and then starts to head home cutting through some alleys. In one of those alleys, he witnesses a dirty transaction taking place. As he tries to explain that he would never rat them out, the mobsters decide that they could not risk Mr. Q telling on them. They put Mr. Q's feet in blocks of cement and dump him into the river where he sinks to the bottom and drowns.

Zimmah: Mr. Q SK has been killed

Day 2 has now begun.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 2 has begun

Postby strike wolf on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 am

What is it with Docs dying N1 lately? Well glad we have the SK out of the way at least. I'll try to reorganize my thoughts.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 am

SK dead so early is great. Thanks mafia.

Night kill analysis is hard, since the SK and the doc probably knew as little as we do.

Yesterday wasn't very productive and the only lead I have is that Vodean seems scummy (for a change). In response to Strike Wolf's "over-defence", he didn't vote for him once despite making several posts in which he seems to imply that SW is scummy. It seems very non-Vodeanish not to vote on that. Normally he puts his money where his mouth is. So FoS for that, and that's all.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby nagerous on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah, there is little to take from the night scene, just have to hope that someone has some evidence to bring to the table else we are back at square 1. Need to lynch today, no lynch is counter-productive. Any volunteers? :twisted:
Captain nagerous

Postby Djfireside on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am

I agree that the scene leaves little to be done with. If we have any other information out there I agree bring it up. The only thing that still sticks in my mind elon and SW. Geezel did play the delay the voting part but as stated may have been inexperience and people just not stepping into anything. Other than that Night gave us nothing. We do need to start the pressure and get some claims going.

So ill start back up with the highest vote count and where we had some debate on SW's defense so time to put the pressure back on

Vote Elon
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby samgrossy on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Mr. W was walking home after doing a house call for someone that was sick. As he was walking home, he hears someone coming up behind him and call to him. Just as Mr. W turns around, the figure catches up to him and stabs the good doctor in the heart killing him instantly.

Campin: Mr. W town doc has been killed

Mr. Q finishes his kill and then starts to head home cutting through some alleys. In one of those alleys, he witnesses a dirty transaction taking place. As he tries to explain that he would never rat them out, the mobsters decide that they could not risk Mr. Q telling on them. They put Mr. Q's feet in blocks of cement and dump him into the river where he sinks to the bottom and drowns.

Zimmah: Mr. Q SK has been killed

Day 2 has now begun.

So is it safe to assume that the SK killed Campin, then the Scum kill the SK? If not, there could be an issue here. I'll wait to hear more.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Just out of interrest, Zimmah, how do you suspect that the SK was killed?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:09 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Just out of interrest, Zimmah, how do you suspect that the SK was killed?

EBWOP ... that came out strange. I meant to say, how do you all think that Simmah was killed. Sigh!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Mobsters, blocks of cement, not to mention that it starts with "Mr. Q finishing his kill".

I might add that I think the Day 1 start scene hinted at Mr. Y being cult. Odd that there's no mention of possible cult recruitment, although that doesn't necessarily mean there is no cult.
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

thehippo8 wrote:Just out of interrest, Zimmah, how do you suspect that the SK was killed?

lol i'm dead you know i can't actually comment on that, any way gg.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Well we didn't get a lot of info out of day one in this game. I'm still not sure why there is pressure on me. Most of the votes on me were joke votes about my name (which comes from my alma mater Elon, plus the fact that I was on the roller hockey team and def not a puck hog), one was because that person had never played with me before, etc. Then I made a mistake, indicating that I thought we were out of joke phase when we weren't. It seems like most of you were surprised when the deadline came because activity never really picked up before the deadline like I thought it would.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby aage on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

EBWOP ... that came out strange. I meant to say, how do you all think that Simmah was killed. Sigh!

The scene speaks for itself. If you need me to analyse it for you, I suspect you have bigger issues than this game, no offence.

Saf, I assume there has been a recruitment but it rarely mentions so in the day scene; neither is the cop or doctor, and I doubt the new recruit will enlighten us with the info. I feel strangely offended. Like my reply to Hippo, I thought it went without saying.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 pm

aage wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

The scene speaks for itself. If you need me to analyse it for you, I suspect you have bigger issues than this game, no offence.

Saf, I assume there has been a recruitment but it rarely mentions so in the day scene; neither is the cop or doctor, and I doubt the new recruit will enlighten us with the info. I feel strangely offended. Like my reply to Hippo, I thought it went without saying.

For the record, I will say that whether or not a cult recruitment shows up in the night scene is a mod preference thing. I myself will indicate a cult recruitment happened if it was successful, and I have seen other games where this is also the case.
Captain safariguy5

Postby jonty125 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 am

Well I suppose we'll have to assume cult recruited N1 unless some scene later on disproves this. I can't think of a reason why cult wouldn't recruit N1.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives