Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[D1 Start]

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:ive played 3 games... i posted that i HAD BEEN TAUGHT IT WAS BETTER TO LYNCH TOWN THEN NO LYNCH, but that i would put my vote there as thats where i stood. before i had my joke vote still up -_-...

Seriously, I have seen him post this 2-3 times. I believe this is a waste of a case. Honestly, it is a decent reason that has been posted for everyone to see plenty of times.

seen it just not buying it. The reasoning is invalid. if he just wants to wait around for a case to vote fine. He can unvote and wait without voting no lynch. there wasn't any real reason for him to put in the no lynch vote.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm

unvote better?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm

strike wolf wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:ive played 3 games... i posted that i HAD BEEN TAUGHT IT WAS BETTER TO LYNCH TOWN THEN NO LYNCH, but that i would put my vote there as thats where i stood. before i had my joke vote still up -_-...

Seriously, I have seen him post this 2-3 times. I believe this is a waste of a case. Honestly, it is a decent reason that has been posted for everyone to see plenty of times.

seen it just not buying it. The reasoning is invalid. if he just wants to wait around for a case to vote fine. He can unvote and wait without voting no lynch. there wasn't any real reason for him to put in the no lynch vote.

It causes conversation such as what is happening right now. If you arent going to acknowledge all the other players that will just bandwagon on a case, then you currently have no case.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:20 pm

because it causes discussion. Right remind me any time someone does anything scummy NOT to call them out because they are creating discussion through their actions.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 pm

I didn't do anything scummy. I unvoted no lynch and so the "crime" is gone. It neeeeever happened...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Well conversation or not, your evidence is weak and therefore a weak conversation turning up with no result is scummy to me. Fos remains.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Sorry for double post. Ebwop.

There was no scum slip. I know we need to start small to get good cases but I believe this defense to hold solid.

I am off to bed. Good night talk in the morning.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 pm

new guy1 wrote:I didn't do anything scummy. I unvoted no lynch and so the "crime" is gone. It neeeeever happened...

If all the old players are on your case, like something happened. Vote New Guy. Your logic for a NL is beyond flawed, there has been no serious pressure for a real case and you are already ready to go to night. On top of that you explicitly stated that you will willingly follow any wagon someone else puts forward. That is scummy enough for a vote in its own right.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 am

edocsil wrote:
new guy1 wrote:I didn't do anything scummy. I unvoted no lynch and so the "crime" is gone. It neeeeever happened...

If all the old players are on your case, like something happened. Vote New Guy. Your logic for a NL is beyond flawed, there has been no serious pressure for a real case and you are already ready to go to night. On top of that you explicitly stated that you will willingly follow any wagon someone else puts forward. That is scummy enough for a vote in its own right.

Yeah, honestly, passive play only helps mafia. The attitude that "I'm not going to do anything until someone puts a case forward" is at best lazy town play and at worst willful ignorance.

What if everybody just adopted the attitude of wait and see? We'd be no lynching every single day and letting mafia pick us off one by one. Again, I'm not necessarily opposed to a no lynch. I just want to see some claims and some vote patterns and discussion before we consider a no lynch.

Really ghostly, I would have thought you'd played enough games to know better.

unvote vote new guy
FOS ghostly
Captain safariguy5

Postby pancakemix on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:25 am

I'm not too concerned about this. I feel like this happens once a game to all our newer players, like its a rite of passage almost.\

I'll agree, some of the things new guy is saying are less than acceptable, but I don't think he's done anything lynchworthy.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby jonty125 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 am

Well if your going to have that attuiude. Neither you or ghostly seem to listen andI'm going to unvote vote new guy1

I haven't seen ghostly before so I'm only going to FOS and think I could put up with him longer.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 am

Well, I have been thinking about this a while now. I think pancake is right. It is a rite of passage. Edoc, saf and jonty are also right, the rite of passage needs to be completed.

However, lurking gets under my skin.
vote la galleta

I may switch this to new guy or ghostly depending on how the next day pans out (how they react most likely).
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:49 am

VOTE COUNT

MoB Deadly:
dazza2008:
Some7hingCLEVER:
spiesr:
pancakemix: 1 (strike)
edocsil: 1 (ghostly)
jonty125: 2 (newguy, clever)
Victor Sullivan:
crazymilkshake5: 1 (chapcrap)
new guy1: 3 (edoc, saf, jonty)
chapcrap:
soundman: 2 (spiesr, MoB)
ghostly447:
safariguy5: 1 (cookie)
strike wolf:
Doom Yoshi: 1 (pcm)
la galleta: 2 (soundman, Doom)
NL: 1 (crazy)

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:34 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, I have been thinking about this a while now. I think pancake is right. It is a rite of passage. Edoc, saf and jonty are also right, the rite of passage needs to be completed.

:lol: I remember arguing with Safari pretty hardcore in Gangster Mafia, and actually thinking I was winning the argument. Its so odd now being on the other side while the other new guys talk about a NL. I love it and find it humorous

DoomYoshi wrote:However, lurking gets under my skin.
vote la galleta

I may switch this to new guy or ghostly depending on how the next day pans out (how they react most likely).

I would much rather have New Guy who although argues for a No Lynch, will be active and participate in conversation, over someone like la galleta who hasn't posted in 7+ pages.
vote la galleta
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:37 am

btw - dont you guys get tired of explaining it over and over again? Has anyone thought about making a day 1 guide, or even "Why a No Lynch is Bad" guide? I feel like SOMEONE brings it up every single game,

but then again IT does promote activity/discussion and getting past the joke vote stage so its not necessarily a bad thing
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 am

Wow... get back onto some pressure. I'm not scared though, the words came out wring most of the time...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:05 am

safariguy5 wrote:
edocsil wrote:

Yeah, honestly, passive play only helps mafia. The attitude that "I'm not going to do anything until someone puts a case forward" is at best lazy town play and at worst willful ignorance.

What if everybody just adopted the attitude of wait and see? We'd be no lynching every single day and letting mafia pick us off one by one. Again, I'm not necessarily opposed to a no lynch. I just want to see some claims and some vote patterns and discussion before we consider a no lynch.

unvote vote new guy
FOS ghostly

Really Safariguy? I have played enough games?

The majority of my games are in the startup time period. I have never finished a game. So I do not think you have anything on me.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 am

MoB Deadly wrote:btw - dont you guys get tired of explaining it over and over again? Has anyone thought about making a day 1 guide, or even "Why a No Lynch is Bad" guide? I feel like SOMEONE brings it up every single game,

but then again IT does promote activity/discussion and getting past the joke vote stage so its not necessarily a bad thing

The mafia wiki thing has several articles on strategy concepts.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Unvote because voting no lynch is of the devil?

Vote la galleta because of his inactivity.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:44 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
edocsil wrote:

unvote vote new guy
FOS ghostly

Really Safariguy? I have played enough games?

The majority of my games are in the startup time period. I have never finished a game. So I do not think you have anything on me.

I believe a good number of your games are at least past Day 1. I remember seeing you in enough games to know that this has probably come up before. Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't go and dig up all games that you're currently in or were in.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:50 pm

So it's the inactive or the person who voted no lynch while stating they don't actually support a no lynch. It's hard for me to call Galetta inactive...he or she (the la would hint towards she but can't be sure without checking profile) posted Sunday so the inactive period really isn't that long. I really was only mildly interested in New Guy's vote no lynch point and it's ghostly's responses as much as anything that got me hyped up. On the other hand we have 2+ days till the deadline yes? I'd rather go With New Guy than La Galleta (sorry I haven't learned your name yet). Unvote (just in case) Vote New Guy

Cadet strike wolf

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:12 pm

strike's post summarizes my thoughts.

unvote vote newguy1
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Strike wolf and chap keep going together (I am on my phone didn't they accuse new guy together before?). I believe their both scum. This case was already defended.

Safari, thegeneral Mafia just ended. Then I am in 6 games right now with the closest to end is ff7. Besides the small ones I am in.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Because I made a mistake? Its come up once before, but I figured If I posted my intentions then it wouldn't be a big deal... oh well. I'm on my phone in school so ill read more in depth and hopefully have reasons why after I corrected my mistakes AND posted my intentions, u can still call this a case...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby strike wolf on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:37 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Strike wolf and chap keep going together (I am on my phone didn't they accuse new guy together before?). I believe their both scum. This case was already defended.

Safari, thegeneral Mafia just ended. Then I am in 6 games right now with the closest to end is ff7. Besides the small ones I am in.

We've agreed on one subject matter so we're scum buddies. I could make the same argument against you and new guy as far as you defending him twice for the same thing. THe defense doesn't hold weight. He said he would jump on a bandwagon later on but didn't feel like there was a case so he voted no lynch? There's something that just doesn't add up in tha logic. It would have been just as easy to unvote and leave his vote open. I'm not sure why you feel that "Hey guys I'm voting no lynch right now but I don't actually believe we should no lynch. I'll just change it to the bandwagon when it develops" is a good defense. As has already been said it's lazy town behavior at best and scummy.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives