Conquer Club

Pick your own Mystery Mafia Endgame:Whats your Function?

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Pick your own Mystery Mafia [14/14] D1:Bump in the Night

Postby dakky21 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:05 am

My two words: Lynching me will not get you ANY information and you will lose a totally useless role. As Streaker would say, I do not want to get lynched, but if you strongly believe it will help you and you think I'm scum, go ahead and lynch me. I didn't made any read so far and didn't accused someone yet, so I don't see what correlations and informations would you get.

From last two pages I read Streaker as the main scum, all of that was already said, sticking onto every wagon, and now trying to pressure me. I unvoted Strike and voted for extension so we have more time for more scum hunting. And then everything changes and Streaker goes from Strike onto me. No one else accepts this movement except Strike himself, who is pretty much voting me because I voted him to get a D1 lynch. (because D1 lynch is better than no lynch for town, especially in a game this big)
Captain dakky21

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am

I'll give a little tid bit of information before I start answering Aage's accusations (Thank you someone for finally saying something new on the case and not just echoing that Wing made a good case for the 50th time) since I am closest to lynch right now and it may shed light on some of my actions. Me and Streaker are day masoned together. Neither of us are confirmed town to the other and the masoning does not actually have anything to do with our role abilities but this is part of the reason I have been harsh on Streaker today.

1. As far as the reaction gauge on Madmitch and not voting Streaker for it: I've addressed this in part, by the time I got back to the thread and could make a serious case, the Endgame wagon had started and I liked the Endgame wagon. Streaker was posting oddly and I wasn't going to let that slip but I did not want to divide the vote right then and there when I thought the Endgame wagon was at least as strong as anything I had on Streaker at that point. Since then Streaker has acted fairly calmly and logically towards his accusations while Dakky has gained attention (from me and others) and has yet to make a post that lets me doubt this. Instead he answers in half-truths and easy statements to gain town credit.

Furthermore, my Madmitch vote was not only to gain a reaction from those who would follow the vote (Which by itself does not prove anyone scum but can point out inconsistencies later and potential bandwagoners) but who questioned the vote. Wing has done other things as well but it's not entirely coincidence that him and Tim are on my town list right now. I will say it is a bit odd that Tim voted along that bandwagon line but then called out the logic.

2. To be fair, no my vote did not completely spring town into the serious phase that was a bit of an intentional hyperbole, again to get a reaction. What it was was a statement to get a reaction and what it led to was people starting to talk more seriously even before the scene (I will disagree that the scene was the main reason for the day getting serious by the time it came around most people had stopped their joke votes and were talking about other things).

3. About throwing my vote around. I have voted seriously 3 times (4 if you count my vote against anyone waiting for the scene as a serious vote). Twice to gain a reaction, once because the deadline was looming and yes I will always pick someone I find scummy over myself as the lynch choice and once because Dakky is scum. The timing I will admit was not the most convenient (I believe i am at L-3 though, not L-2 and I was at L-4 when I started writing that post) but if you look long term beyond this game you should know that I do hold my vote off more on Day 1 (and sometimes into Day 2 or later). I don't like to vote recklessly (though it does happen and I will admit getting as close to as what seemed to be the proposed deadline on Endgame was a bit reckless) and I will often fully flesh out why I believe someone is scum in thread before I convince myself to vote them.

4. Understand that most of my play in this game especially early has been to gain reactions. You don't need to believe me but I would request that you look back on my posts with that thought in mind and see if they make more sense to you. This goes to Wing and anyone else who wants to read back as well.

5. I am still more handsome than Streaker and I appreciate the agreement Aage.

6. As to stalling after Madmitch. Again I was away for a while after making that vote. Its purpose to begin with was to see reactions towards it, I couldn't very well gauge reactions before they were made so a little waiting to see who jumped on was inevitable. I will not call it stalling because its purpose was never to delay the game. Its purpose was to get people to react to it and push the game forward which it did.

7. No argument there. I didn't really feel that much of a need to completely destroy Wing's case when I was town reading him. I also stick by I never found his second post on me between the reaction to my madmitch vote and when he came out with having the PR as that noteworthy to really warrant a response. In hindsight, this might have just been me underestimating the strength of the case he made. Which brings me to 8:

8. "Big posts, no words". Okay the way you explained this I admit actually makes more sense to me. I think again the reaction here is because I did not follow up anything with a vote which I explained earlier as being caught between two cases that I felt had merit (Endgame and my own on Streaker) and not wanting to split the vote. Beyond that, I admit I don't really have much I can say in response to this part of the accusation.

9. On Dakky-Shameless begging towards a guy who is questioning me, ensue! Dakky is only a wasted effort if no one follows me up on it. What do you say Aage? There is still time to get the ball rolling.

===============

At aage and Streaker, I don't think your back and forth here is really helping.

+++++++++++++++

I will agree with Streaker Bosaa has reacted very defensively here.

===============

Virus it is not enough to express your views on potential scum. I want your views on anyone you have opinion on. I do not consider you 99% town like Streaker does. I still do not get why he has jumped to that conclusion. In fact, taking your actions into account you appear slightly scummy to me right now. As far as pressuring Tim, it is still an odd choice but I can not think of why you would do that specifically as scum so slight town leaning on that post? I guess...

I am not sure yet if I agree on the PT one yet. I will reread since it gives me an idea of whether I should not only trust PT but whether I should trust Streaker.

Fp'd by Dakky. Lol again. I will add putting words in my mouth to the list of why you are scum. If you had been the first to ask for an extension that would be one thing but you were around posting and yet someone did it first for you so you don't get townie points for that empty gesture. You also unvoted me without pressuring anyone for a new case. Again an empty gesture.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:35 am

strike wolf wrote:Fp'd by Dakky. Lol again. I will add putting words in my mouth to the list of why you are scum. If you had been the first to ask for an extension that would be one thing but you were around posting and yet someone did it first for you so you don't get townie points for that empty gesture. You also unvoted me without pressuring anyone for a new case. Again an empty gesture.

At least you're leaving evidence all over the place.
Captain dakky21

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:52 am

unvote strike

As far as I am concerned Strike and Dakky are the two I would vote. I need time to go over all the new information and input. gonna be out and working today. We have till 22. Its good having all the new input.

Have half a mind to vote Hotshot.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby aage on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:01 pm

strike wolf wrote: Wing has done other things as well but it's not entirely coincidence that him and Tim are on my town list right now.

I didn't really feel that much of a need to completely destroy Wing's case when I was town reading him.

What is your town read on Wing based on?

Your mason with Streaker explains a fair share of your actions. Why did you choose to focus so much on Streaker though? You already had a lot of interaction with him as a mason, why then focus so much on him in the thread as well? And why pick a fight so early with the guy who you're masoned with? I would think that you could separately interact with Streaker as mason to determine if he is trustworthy, and interact with other people in the thread. This doesn't seem efficient town play at all, you put all your eggs in the Streaker basket instead of playing the field.

Are you willing to share more about the day mason? The scene by TFO mentions people whispering in the background, but not much more than that. Is it because of a role one of you has?

Concerning Dakky. I'm not in (yet). Feel free to actually make the case though, I'm not the only one in the thread.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Pick your own Mystery Mafia [14/14] D1:???

Postby bosaardbeitje on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:09 pm

@ Dakky On page 6 you said this:

dakky21 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:The townie woke up and felt a strange pull in his conscious, realizing his ability to speak is being partially hindered.

Ahhh thats obviously why mitch didn't say anything, while posting in the other threads... someone must have had a role to be able to block him from posting... makes sense. And Wing was right (this time, LOL)

I still have no idea what you were talking about. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any comment from Wing in relation to yours. Wing is right about what? What were you referring to?
Private bosaardbeitje

Re: Pick your own Mystery Mafia [14/14] D1:???

Postby dakky21 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 pm

bosaardbeitje wrote:@ Dakky On page 6 you said this:

dakky21 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:The townie woke up and felt a strange pull in his conscious, realizing his ability to speak is being partially hindered.

Ahhh thats obviously why mitch didn't say anything, while posting in the other threads... someone must have had a role to be able to block him from posting... makes sense. And Wing was right (this time, LOL)

I still have no idea what you were talking about. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any comment from Wing in relation to yours. Wing is right about what? What were you referring to?

I was saying Wing was right in correlation to this:

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Oh right so unvote vote Madmitch

Wait no sorry I dont join voting wagons when the leader cannot be bothered to work the logic properly. Only one person hasnt commented only a confirm.

Unvote

So he votes mitch and then unvotes him, due to the confirm but no comments. He posted that before the Day opening scene, and I accepted his logic after the scene was posted.
Captain dakky21

Postby bosaardbeitje on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Okay, thx!
Private bosaardbeitje

Postby TimWoodbury on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

right now i am in between streaker and dakky, streaker because he seems to be pushing everyone if it sticks he continues if not he moves to next person maybe he is town really looking for a skum to slip up im not shure

@strike id like to know more about the masoned info youve got i would also like to know more of the masoned info streaker has got
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:37 pm

I will let Streaker say if there is more to the mason thing since it is not merely my information to share. We can only talk during the day. As far as not discussing it in the qt. That is a more sterile environment. I wanted outside opinions on whether they agreed or disagreed. There has been a little bit of discussion in the topic but I wanted all opinions an dc if I died in the night I wanted the information in the open.. Whether that was smarter or I should have kept it in thread. Time will tell.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:41 pm

aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote: Wing has done other things as well but it's not entirely coincidence that him and Tim are on my town list right now.

I didn't really feel that much of a need to completely destroy Wing's case when I was town reading him.

What is your town read on wing based on.

He hasn't posted much but he has been questioning people. It hasnt been all 100% but it reads as town. Since my initial town read there is also the PR reveal which he has very little to lie.

concerning Dakky. I'm not in (yet). Feel free to actually make the case though, I'm not the only one in the thread.

I made a case yesterday that I thought was pretty good.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm asking about Wing because in this post, you make three scum reads, and one town read on Tim. (And no town read on Wing, you don't even mention him even though he accused and voted you in his previous post.) Wing claims having the post restriction on the next page, and after a few posts you finally start to specifically counter Wing's arguments (because IB asked you to), I'm taking that as a reference point for "destroying the case". Your statement of not destroying Wing's case on you because of your town read on him doesn't make sense timing-wise. Yeah, I guess you make a few posts between Wing's PR-claim and your breakdown of Wing's case on you, but now you say you read him town before he even revealed his PR, while your play says otherwise.
After Wing reveals the PR you initially say:
"Does your PR make you my lyncher Wing? Because it seems to be all you ever talk about. Your post before this one wasn't even worth addressing. This one skims half of my post and edits half of the rest."
You're town-reading Wing who skims half your posts and edits half the rest? (Even though he doesn't...) Why even accuse him of being a lyncher if you think he's town? Doesn't make sense.
You're town-reading Wing but don't think his first post about you was worth addressing? If you're town reading him, you should have made it a point to address them. If you think Wing is town, you should be putting effort towards him reading you town as well. This is especially true since Wing thought you were scum, right? If you know Wing from any other game, you know he doesn't let go easily. If you town-read Wing you should've let him have a better read at you, but instead you ignore him completely. Doesn't make sense.

You say you town read him now, which is easy because he's accusing you; it's just a reverse-OMGUS. (Oh my god, you rock?) And you say that you have town read him earlier but your posts are actually ignoring and antagonising him. It looks more like you're looking to get sympathy-town points because "I town read Wing all along", but your posts from the frame in which you claim to have town read Wing don't match up.

It doesn't even matter if Wing is town at this point, your claim of town reading him doesn't fit your early plays. I think you're trying to spin a story around Wing=town in your favour and use it to get the wagon off you, but the thread history tells a different tale. I think you're lying about your early read on Wing and changing your position after the fact, so I have to vote Strike.

Concerning the mason-related focus on Streaker, I guess I would have just played that differently, I can't read your mind. But if you are scum, I suppose you would use a mason differently than if you were town. But if you flip scum I guess the case against Streaker is less damning, since a few of his early plays seem to have been in support of yours, not necessarily with criminal intent... I guess we'll deal with it tomorrow. There's probably a lot more going on there.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Forgot to add the posts I'm referencing there...

This post mostly serves to undermine Wing, not wing's case, even though you read him as town:
strike wolf wrote:Does your pr make you my lyncher. Sorry autocorrect.

To address one thing. Wing keeps relating my play to my accusations of Streaker. I find this comparison unfair. For one thing I am much more handsome than Streaker. 2. I have not randomly town read anyone without explanation. 3. Another part of my argument was that streaker's contribution rested in a large part in attacking his accusets. I may have acted sarcastic towards Wing but I have not attacked him. 4. As far as game mechanics talk. The only game mechanics talk I have done was to disagree with others on their gsme mechanics where I found it relevant andetails arguably with my Mad Mitch vote which I explained.

You address the comparison between you and Streaker, even though Wing's point on Mitch is way more prominent in his post, as it is linked to his PR-claim.

This post undermines the case without actually addressing Wing's points:
strike wolf wrote:I am being antagonistic on purpose. The fact is that Wing changed a lot of what I said out of context and his point that I am accusing Streaker of things I did, is not fully true. Me and Streaker voted Mitch true but I have already said that I voted mitch in part to see who followed my lead.

I make long posts in pretty much every game. That's not a legitimate reason to vote me. Dakky being safe because he is not going to be lynched today is a bad strategy. I would be pressured to follow up tomorrow. It doesn't make sense for me as scum to put pressure on a scum buddy because he is not going to be lynched that day.

vote Endgame Day end is approaching and lynching him is the best option based on whour he is connected to and everything.

You accused Wing of making a bunch of edits and misquotes, but don't follow up until asked for.
You strawman Wing's argument of making big posts without actually addressing what Wing is saying, which is:
"Strikewolf with a mega-long post that lacks any real content."
"It seems like you want it to be well known that you are scumhunting, without actually scumhunting."
You make it sound like Wing is just accusing you of writing big posts. In hindsight it's easy to see what he means, he actually states it at the top and bottom of his post.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby bosaardbeitje on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:26 pm

I don't trust this whole mason thing one little bit. It looks like the two of you have some sort of act going on. Strike has constantly been on Streaker's case, yet your votes are constantly in line with each other...

Page 7 Strike votes Mitch - Page 7 Streaker votes Mitch
Page 8 Streaker votes End - Page 10 Strike votes End
Page 11 Strike votes Dakky - Page 12 Streaker votes Dakky

So here's one little question for the 2 of you, do or don't you trust each other and is that based on what happened in the mason or in here?

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that if one of you has to die, you'd rather see Streaker go than Strike. Is that why Streaker is drawing so much attention to himself?

Anyway, my vote stays on Strike.
Private bosaardbeitje

Postby dakky21 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Be careful, there could be a role which says something like "if you both die in one day/night, you win", so if I'm right, they're not using a bad tactics... Since my role is REALLY weird, I don't think that is impossible. Maybe they want to get lynched/killed.
Captain dakky21

Postby aage on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm

dakky21 wrote:Be careful, there could be a role which says something like "if you both die in one day/night, you win", so if I'm right, they're not using a bad tactics... Since my role is REALLY weird, I don't think that is impossible. Maybe they want to get lynched/killed.

What the f*ck is this reasoning. Let's not vote Strike, they might be jester? Please. I haven't seen one on this site in the god knows how many years I played here.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby bosaardbeitje on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm

LOLLL Just read the wiki: "any village idiot can get lynched Day 1" so I don't think it's a likely scenario Dakky ;) But I do think they may have something to gain if Streaker gets lynched instead of Strike...
Private bosaardbeitje

Postby TimWoodbury on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:10 pm

anyone know what the current VC is??
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby bosaardbeitje on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I am not completely sure, 1 on End, 2 on Dakky and 4 on Strike???
Private bosaardbeitje

Postby bosaardbeitje on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:19 pm

EBWOP and 2 on Streaker, don't hang me up on it if I made a mistake
Private bosaardbeitje

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Ok, I have a little time now, will give my quick feelings about people so far as much as I can. These are just my overall feelings, I haven't had time to do a complete re-read yet.

1. Endgame422 - made a mistake early confusing roles with alignment that got a wagon on him. Soft-claimed and realized his mistake, and everyone backed off. Neutral to slight town
2. Strike Wolf - Town leaning
3.madmitch - Who knows, have to wait until he is allowed to post apparently.
4.WingCmdr Ginkapo - town leaning
5.Virus90 - Neutral. Hasn't really said too much yet
6.Streaker - Neutral. He is almost too calm responding to the accusations...
7.Ptlowe - was busy in RL, hasn't posted much. Neutral
8.Dakky21 - Neutral. Admits to not making any reads or accusing anyone, so says lynching him won't give any info. Not really sure if he's scum or inexperienced sounding town
9.Hotshot53 - me!
10.aage - a little role-fishy trying to get more info about the day masons, without an obvious towny reason. Says dakky is on his radar, and might vote him if a case is made... but pressures strike instead. I sort of get the impression of aage protecting his scum buddy but willing to throw him under the buss if necessary "See, I said I was suspicious of him all along" Wouldn't surprise me completely if aage and dakky are scum buddies, although nothing to really hang my hat on.
11.Marashu - lean town, made sensible reads and was first in asking for the extension
12.Iron Butterfly - Neutral, nothing really stands out one way or the other
13.TimWoodberry - Neutral, nothing really stands out one way or the other.
14.bosaardbeitje - Neutral, nothing really stands out one way or the other.

In summary - it's day 1, not much strong feeling about most people. Probably my biggest scum read is on aage for the reasons mentioned, so I will go ahead and vote Aage.
Major HotShot53

Postby Endgame422 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Wing and aage making cases on strike that IB agrees with is something. All 3 of these guys i consider to be good,experienced mafia players and i really doubt all 3 are scum so at least some of that case is coming from a good,experienced town player who has played with strike before.
Dakky i still fully believe to be town.If he were scum,minimum posts,no reads is basically his meta. His logic isnt great here but i dont think thats enough to hang him.( ive made that mistake before)
If streaker doesnt pick up momentum ill go strike,im not as confident about him as i am about streaker(mostly because he has agreed with me on streaker,despite not voting)but id rather lynch a neutral read over a town read and streaker/strike/dakky are the only legitimate choices at this time.
Still thinking boss is scum,her defensiveness has only served to deepen my suspicions.
Scum=streaker,boss and maybe virus?
Streakers town read on virus still bugs me and viruses last few posts have came off kind of nervous.
If streaker gets lynched today and flips scum you can bet virus is next on my list.
Fpd by hotshot and tim
Hotshots post immediately strikes me as scummy,so he is likely town.
He chooses to put a neutral read on 2/3 major cases and a town read on another and then basically justs wastes his vote(aage is not likely to get lynched today).
This is fairly typical of a town HS.
And as far as VC im unsure on the other numbers but streaker has at least 1 vote(mine). Give me a sec here though
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby Endgame422 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:14 pm

1 end
1 streaker
2 dakky
5 strike
1 aage
During my last post i thought streaker had at least 2 but now that i recognize theres basically zero chance of that going through ill UNVOTE STREAKER
VOTE STRIKE

It seems between strike and dakky now and i dont like the lynch of dakky at all so strike it is.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby TimWoodbury on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm

vote strike im gonna get in befoe i become the hammer last few games i been the hammer on N1 and id rather try something differant this go round
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby Endgame422 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Sorry forgot to put this in redUNVOTE STREAKER
VOTE STRIKE
Lieutenant Endgame422

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives