Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (16/20) - Day 3: Christmas Kid

Postby nagerous on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:27 pm

spiesr wrote:Can we get prods on Flores, Iron Butterfly, kratos, and nagerous?
And replacement/mod-kills on Ga7, ghostly, and Commander? (Particularly those last two who haven't posted since Day 1 a month ago.)

It has been two days since I last posted dude.
Captain nagerous

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:21 pm

nagerous wrote:
And replacement/mod-kills on Ga7, ghostly, and Commander? (Particularly those last two who haven't posted since Day 1 a month ago.)
If by 2 you mean 4 sure...
Captain spiesr

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:50 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:All I'm saying is that we're allowing this Townsend character to dictate how we approach this day. Odds are that we don't find him unless we get very lucky, I'm just trying to figure out how we can get mitigate the damage if we don't find him. Which seems very likely to me at this point.

The more time you spend on this, the less you are spending on finding Townshend, brother... I assume you realize that.

I understand, but theoretically, anyone could vote nearly anyone today on the pretext that they could be Townsend. I'm just trying to guard against a forced massclaim on trumped up fears or reasoning. That said, are we willing to push for another claim? IB was the other person put up as a possible suspect, are we pursuing that on the grounds he could be Townsend?

Happy New Years everyone.

First no one has been able to explain why exactly I am a possible suspect in anything. I had a confrontation with Anarchist and since my last statement towards him he seems to have dropped the matter. People have also questioned my vote on Jonty. Fair enough.

I find it interesting that this is the second time Safari has brought my name up on the coat tails of someone else which confirms Anarchists observation. Safari has contributed nothing other then to ask rhetorical questions that no one can answer but gosh it sure seems he is helping doesn't it? If he is so keen on me as a case and suspect why has he not brought a case?

First my vote on jonty. Anyone can WIFOM my rational for for why I voted and make it look bad. I always make it a purpose to state why i am voting someone even if its a one sentence reasons. My reasons are on record.

Jonty made a very scummy statement. Town or not it looked and sounded bad. I did not however bandwagon as I gave him time to explain and then I voted. Nothing wrong so far.

I then remembered the two games he moded and found great irony in the fact that both games he moded I got lynched day one for saying something I thought an important observation only to find that the observation could only be seen as something scum would say. I believed he made the same mistake I did and recognized that.

The second vote on Jonty seems to be the issue? I re voted because I second guessed myself. I am now possibly scum because I helped lynch someone who appeared over all scummy to begin with. If I had not taken my vote off and just let it ride none of this would be an issue. It is only an issue because i voted, unvoted and voted again. I wanted to believe Jonty but in the end I dis believed him more.

As far as my interaction with Anarchist...I am still not sure what he was getting at other then to assume because he sees the game world one way others should see it the same. If he feels I have said something scummy I want him to BE SPECIFIC.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Votey County

FloresDelMal - 3 (spiesr, gregwolf, Neb)
ga7 - 1 (HotShot)
nagerous - 2 (ga7, Flores)

With 8 Days Gone, It Takes 8 to Lynch!

I could prod ga7, but Flores lives with the guy so I assume she'll be able to do that for me.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby ga7 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Sorry about the lack of posting, got a bit caught up in holiday limbo (ie when I had time on my hands to post I was too stuffed/inebriated to do so :p).
I'll start rereading and post soon.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Votey County

ga7 - 1 (HotShot)

I could prod ga7, but Flores lives with the guy so I assume she'll be able to do that for me.

How the hell do we only have 6 people voting out of 16? "I didn't see any good cases" "Nobody has any real scum tells"

Well, this day will flounder into night, just like day one...whatever, I'm fine with Flores being on the block. This is ridiculous...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby ga7 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:23 pm

FFS, vote counts have been about as frequent as my posts at some point... Happy new year folks btw :P
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:Votey County

ga7 - 1 (HotShot)

How the hell do we only have 6 people voting out of 16? "I didn't see any good cases" "Nobody has any real scum tells"

Well, this day will flounder into night, just like day one...whatever, I'm fine with Flores being on the block. This is ridiculous...

Well, we kind of predicted it would since we went with the new system for the game and we were kind of screwed having to find one person to begin with. The usual lack of posting was extended because of the holidays and now we're kinda screwed. Does anyone have any suggestion on where to go from here?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:40 pm

I will apologize over the recent inactivity by myself, due to heavy business over the last days. I even missed my BR turn ):. That being said I don't understand why Safari brought up a mass claim at all. It hasn't been even mentioned, and I think hes playing for time over the day. FOS Safari. However since he is making it so obvious I think he might be in Townsends faction but not Townsend himself. (I could also be mistaken here, but don't think Townsend would draw this much attention this late in the day.) I suggest voting someone laying low in the day currently, but more active earlier in the day. Flores has 3 votes on him currently and also fits this pattern. Vote Flores. I want one more claim today before we decide on who to lynch.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 am

Well, ga7 is back, but hasn't really posted anything in the 2 posts. I am still suspicious... but since the day is growing short, and no-one else is suspicious of ga7 I will unvote. Since we need to do something with the day, and Flores is also suspicious due to lack of activity, I will vote Flores. That should put them at something like 2 votes until a lynching, and time to claim. (After the decrease will be 7 to lynch, and 5 votes)

(Note that Flores and ga7 are both voting for nag by themselves... maybe some kind of cooperation between them? Anyhow they are both about as good a place to look as anywhere else for now)
Major HotShot53

Postby nagerous on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 pm

ga7 wrote:FFS, vote counts have been about as frequent as my posts at some point... Happy new year folks btw :P

You gonna unvote me? Or will I end up accidently lynched?
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 pm

spiesr wrote:
nagerous wrote:
If by 2 you mean 4 sure...

I last posted Monday 30th at 1.30am and everyone knows New Year's day is a write off and not a real day so I make that 2 nurrrrr
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Flores will get lynched at this rate without a chance to defend herself. Not sure if that is a bad thing or not right now, but with the votes for a kill steadily dropping I won't place my vote right now.
Captain nagerous

Postby ga7 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Still have 5 pages to reread but yeah Nag I'll skimbelieve your claim :P Nah in all seriousness this is such a crippling role for town to have I didn't get it at first but the fact is this character was used in a day scene and I faintly recall from a previous game (death note maybe?) that Masket uses enablers. Which is silly -_-
Unvote, I don't know what number of votes is needed but I prodded Flores manually so that we don't lynch without a claim. As for my actual input, work in progress...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:36 pm

ga7 wrote: I faintly recall from a previous game (death note maybe?)
that Masket uses enablers. Which is silly -_-

I was a player in Death Note mafia. And a damn fine one at that. ^^
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby FloresDelMal on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Happy new year everybody, i am sorry that i took so long on posting, i am still with my in laws and i had warned before hand that my net access is restricted, even thought i am against as i am of massclaims i dont have much choice so here i go

Lynn (Recruit, ???, ???)

unvote nag i dont really have a better idea ATM, someone better protects nag, i will make again longer posts when our holidays are over ^^
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:Happy new year everybody, i am sorry that i took so long on posting, i am still with my in laws and i had warned before hand that my net access is restricted, even thought i am against as i am of massclaims i dont have much choice so here i go

Lynn (Recruit, ???, ???)

unvote nag i dont really have a better idea ATM, someone better protects nag, i will make again longer posts when our holidays are over ^^

Unvote

I suggest people unvote as "Lynn" seems to be a believable claim according to my research.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:29 pm

UNVOTE just to be sure...the whole bold thing...

Postby ga7 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Vote counts so far:
show

Now, some quote recollections...

safariguy5 wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:thats 7 votes, theres 18 alive, so right now jonty is around L-3, and since the number of votes required to lynch drops each day, i also say that we need to hear jonty's response before more people vote him.

Way to skim... Right now he's at L-10. Tomorrow he'll be at L-9 if no one else votes. There is no reason that he even needs to claim at the moment as a lynch is still far off into the future. That was why I put my vote on him as the case was far better than the day 1 case and he was no where close to being lynched yet. Some people do appear to have just jumped on the wagon willy nilly though.

He needs to claim and knows he needs to claim. There is no way around it. Doing it sooner rather then later is in his best interest. If he does not claim by tommorrow evening midnight I will vote him.

I agree that it is definitely in his best interest, I was just pointing out that he still has a ways to go until he is actually lynched at the moment.

I don't think that was a skim unless greg miscounted a vote. With 18, then it's 10 to lynch. 7 votes means L-3. Increasing days will tick it down to L-2, etc. Number of votes remains, the L- indicates how many more votes until lynch, this changes based on how many people are voting and how many days have passed.

Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.

Wow... You will notice that both deaths have been recruits. Not everyone is in the army. There are politicians and generals and spies and all sorts of war related characters. The fact is, you have just ousted yourself to me in exactly the same way Jonty did.... MM explained the game mexhanics very well in the PM, ergo, you are eother a townie power role who already has his power too, or you are evil...

Vote: safariguy

Official vote count please.

safariguy5 wrote:
virus90 wrote:votes at this stage are only useful in proving your point and having a discussion, if you want answers from someone you probably gonna need more then 1 vote, because who the hell would be scared by 1 or 2 if you need over a dozen at this point?

Did we learn nothing from the lynch yesterday? We cannot afford to wait too long or we could accidentally lynch people from deadline pressure. But honestly, this defensive post is more than enough for me to vote virus regardless of your definition of "enough pressure".

Anarkistsdream wrote:I am always one of the most active players... It's why I get so frustrated with people who sign up and have no intention of playing... Back in the day, we used to blackball people who constantly signed up and never contributed... I think we should get back to that... Sorry, but if you don't have ten minutes every other day to play a game that is totally forum based like this, than you shouldn't be playing.

So, Rishaed, you don't think that Com9 cared even though he was the other guy who asked for an extension? Maybe... It would be an excellent way for scum to maintain a positive profile while not really contributing much, which is usually how I find mafia.

rishaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:If you two had unvoted there, you might have forced a sudden death dealy. Maybe next time eh?

Ok, so I'm gonna start building a case from the last lynch.
We lynched Edoc with three votes, a few attempted No lynch Votes (some shenanagins happening do to lack of unvotes), but out of that there were 20 players at that point, 3 of them convinced enough to lynch edoc and 17 not. Of those 17, 3 attempted no lynch votes. 2 requested Extensions/voting changes, one of which was me. The other being Comm.

show

Obviously he wasn't too impressed with the edoc case, but what makes me wonder is that he knew that Edoc was gonna get lynched by midnight, and all he did was ask for an extension.

However quite a few of the other people, Im knocking off Flores/IB for recent posts which have earned them brownie points by me recently. Im also not sold on the virus case though it is a good attempt by kratos.

Also Prods to:
TWO, Nag , ghostly (newguy where in the world did your brother go?), Comm9, and a few others. Most of us haven't posted in 4-6 days which with the ticking time bomb on our hand is going to lead us to another D1 experience.

I will give props to Nark though, HEs got close to 3 pages of posts, which is more than just about anyone this entire game. Which leaves me pretty ashamed of my lack of posting recently.
Overall though I want to Vote Comm9 for knowing edoc was going to be lynched, disagreeing with the case, but not acting to prevent the lynch. Overall it just shows he didn't care but wanted to show that he did.
fp'd

HotShot53 wrote:
nagerous wrote:
What could he have done to prevent the lynch?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering... he wasn't voting for the lynch, so what more could he do except ask for an extension? James wasn't here any more, so his vote wasn't going to be removed unfortunately... so the real culprits for the lynching are jonty and nark. Nobody seems to be questioning Nark much, and jonty half cleared himself with the role claim.

At this point I'm still FOS jonty because I don't trust that he's as blue as his post showed, unless a good argument is made against someone else

Now, this wasn't a wall of quotes for the lolz, rereading the main fishy players to me were Saf and Commie (which is surprising of Commie since he posted very little before disappearing, and I prefer to keep all relevant quotes handy for possible use later :P

Minister Masket wrote:Nebuchadnezer replaces The Weird One!
spiesr replaces JamesKer1!

MM Please update the first post.

I wonder why Commie and ghostly weren't replaced at that point? I mean, Commie hasn't been online since dec 6th (and was seeming scummy upon rereading) and ghostly hasn't posted since the 12th. I wonder if these two weren't replaced particularly because one of them is involved in today's events. I mean, it would be really unfair if Townshend was an inactive. The Weird One's last post was the 18th for instance... Which is way later than the others.

spiesr wrote:
FloresDelMal wrote:Now about the princess, i think our best bet atm is to look carefully at the people that pressured the claim of virus, over all after he claimed princess, we need to look closely to the ppl who kept pushing a "full" claim in an obviously town role (seriously, that information only benefited scum).
I disagree here. Since Townshend and the Federation elected to capture the princess rather than assassinate her I assume they need her alive. I am going to extend this assumption into gameplay here and say that he would not have wanted virus lynched.

WIFOM and IMO contradicted directly by the day scene:
Minister Masket wrote:Both Gallia and Empire must ensure that Princess Cordelia be returned to Randgriz unharmed. Today's lynch MUST be the player with Jean Townshend as their character, to bring about her safe return. Anyone else, and Cordelia will be lost, to the detriment of both Gallia and Empire plans.

Lost. Obviously we won't hear again from Virus.

Nebuchadnezer wrote:So, the only thing I could figure, as I have no real leads are the following:

1. Get Nag's claim...although, I'm quite sure we'll see a Gallian claim, but at least we can unvote him.
2. Look at the following four players...who, after Virus's claim all unvote and voted for Jonty. My thinking is that Townshend, having found the Princess would unvote and get a lynch quickly, so he could kidnap the Princess at night. Those four that fit this pattern are:

Flores, rishaed, safariguy, and kratos

Of these, I would order them safariguy, kratos, Flores and rishaed.

That's all I have.

kratos644 wrote:skimming already eh? I never voted for Jonty. I actually suggested we do a little more scumhunting first.

I disagree about Rishaed in this list (more a general feeling that he always corroborated when something was going on with town flavour. It's not surprising to me that Kratos popped up right away to defend himself though, he's my 3rd fishie. Flores, I'll save the best for last :D

nagerous wrote: Which star wars game are you referring to btw, the only one I can think of is NJO where I was the pro-town hero and you were the mafia :mrgreen:

Lol yep that was the part where you and Koesie had to pick each other amongst all the players and somehow did... Made me think of that :P

Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:So do we believe the tree stumping would be permanent if we don't find Townsend? Would that change if we end up taking out Townsend after today? There's a lot of variables here that I think means we might be able to mitigate or neutralize this advantage even if we don't manage to get rid of Townsend today.

You have been really all over the place... And haven't really brought any cases, just asked random ambiguous questions...

Iron Butterfly wrote:I find it interesting that this is the second time Safari has brought my name up on the coat tails of someone else which confirms Anarchists observation. Safari has contributed nothing other then to ask rhetorical questions that no one can answer but gosh it sure seems he is helping doesn't it? If he is so keen on me as a case and suspect why has he not brought a case?

QFT as I said before I have a bad feeling about Saf also. I trust IB to be town and Saf weakly going after him like that doesn't inspire me much confidence, yet again.

Minister Masket wrote:I was a player in Death Note mafia. And a damn fine one at that. ^^

Ah damn, what was the first game(s) you modded then?

Alright, running out of time so I'll get to the main point: I don't think I buy Flores' claim. Her character is apparently an unlockable secondary one in the games with just an appearence in the anime, but more importantly the both ??? ??? don't feel right at all. Some of you might know exactly what I mean, but clearly you just need to look at the dead list and see the difference between night 1 and night 2 kills.

I have a naggering suspicion that The Weird One, that Neb replaced and that just quickly unvoted Flores for no good reason is more likely to be Townshend, but frankly even eliminating a lot of players, there's just too low odds to catch the right guy. I'd rather end the day now with something solid to go on for tomorrow.

Vote Flores
Lieutenant ga7

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:48 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:Happy new year everybody, i am sorry that i took so long on posting, i am still with my in laws and i had warned before hand that my net access is restricted, even thought i am against as i am of massclaims i dont have much choice so here i go

Lynn (Recruit, ???, ???)

I dont buy the claim. And unless Someone else on the perk system says otherwise I think you are lying. Either empire/Federation, but doubtfully Gallian. My vote stays.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:25 pm

ga7 wrote:Alright, running out of time so I'll get to the main point: I don't think I buy Flores' claim. Her character is apparently an unlockable secondary one in the games with just an appearence in the anime, but more importantly the both ??? ??? don't feel right at all. Some of you might know exactly what I mean, but clearly you just need to look at the dead list and see the difference between night 1 and night 2 kills.

I have a naggering suspicion that The Weird One, that Neb replaced and that just quickly unvoted Flores for no good reason is more likely to be Townshend, but frankly even eliminating a lot of players, there's just too low odds to catch the right guy. I'd rather end the day now with something solid to go on for tomorrow.

Vote Flores

After that very long post, the important part was at the end. I agree with ga7 that I don't buy the claim, and the quick unvote could be suspicious. So I will leave my vote on flores since I don't think we'll get anyone better to vote on today.
Major HotShot53

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Well, Ive only been waiting a couple hours, but I will be placing my vote on flores due to the ???'s. The only reason I havent already is because I am waiting for others to come in and voice if they agree or not (which from what I can tell is everyone). Vote flores. Should put her to 6 votes with either 7 or 8 to lynch, from I can tell and depending on time differences.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 am

new guy1 wrote:Well, Ive only been waiting a couple hours, but I will be placing my vote on flores due to the ???'s. The only reason I havent already is because I am waiting for others to come in and voice if they agree or not (which from what I can tell is everyone). Vote flores. Should put her to 6 votes with either 7 or 8 to lynch, from I can tell and depending on time differences.

So, Lynn is NOT a good claim? Coming into the game late, I wasn't sure if I got the original role message. I was unsure about the ???, ??? as well, but Lynn seemed to be a character in VC...based on others, and what my role said, then, I will end the day. Vote Flores

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Well, Ive only been waiting a couple hours, but I will be placing my vote on flores due to the ???'s. The only reason I havent already is because I am waiting for others to come in and voice if they agree or not (which from what I can tell is everyone). Vote flores. Should put her to 6 votes with either 7 or 8 to lynch, from I can tell and depending on time differences.

So, Lynn is NOT a good claim? Coming into the game late, I wasn't sure if I got the original role message. I was unsure about the ???, ??? as well, but Lynn seemed to be a character in VC...based on others, and what my role said, then, I will end the day. Vote Flores

The character can be a fake claim. It can be a viable claim, but everyone else who is saying those ???'s are fishy likely observed that the ???'s seem to be filled with roles as the days go on, that is what we can observe from the deaths of similar roles.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:

First off first, by unvoting and this last post you've gone up on my scum meter for today. It wasn't that Lynn wasn't a good claim, its that he botched the other half of the claim for anyone who is on the perk system.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives