Conquer Club

The Tick Mafia - JUSTICE PREVAILS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Tick Mafia - D1

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:12 pm

Been a pretty big advocate of not lynching as well on D1 unless it's an incredibly small game exclusive to cult.

So, I'll start.

Unvote vote no lynch
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:16 pm

swang918 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:It's also really game dependent. Like a game this size could easily fit an SK which means we'd be dealing with two kills a night or a cult recruiter who would makes claims more difficult to believe after day 1.

This would mean it's even worse to lynch D1 right? Because if we're wrong--and by the numbers we're more likely to be wrong than right--then we're down 3 instead of 2 or 1.

I'm personally of the opinion that it's bad for Town to start the day on the assumption that we won't lynch before even coming up with a real case. Knowing that we won't lynch takes a lot of pressure off of people were targeting for pressure and generally I don't believe that helps us.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:23 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Been a pretty big advocate of not lynching as well on D1 unless it's an incredibly small game exclusive to cult.

So, I'll start.

Unvote vote no lynch

Voting no lynch within 48 hours of day 1 is scummy to me - we havent even had everybody say something.
vote DDS

I also disagree with Traf, chances of lynching a townie are higher in general but chances of lynching correctly later on are better if a genuine case was being made and someone has a good voting record of with the addition of not having voted for the D1 lynch.

I'm with Duke. We should just... play the game and see what comes up this D1, and probably only lynch if justice calls for it.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby fusibaseball on Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:05 am

For Day 1, I'm of the opinion that it's most advantageous for Town to force a claim and get a little action going so that information-gathering roles have breadcrumbs to follow Night 1 and aren't shooting completely in the dark. That being said, I don't think actual lynching is great for Town because the odds aren't in our favor, as has been discussed.

Day 1 poking and prodding has already been demonstrated to be useful in Raz's Prison Mafia Game with the dissolution of halrob's story after interrogation from Dega: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=610&t=239406&start=100 (starting on page 5 or thereabouts).

This was demonstrated again in Rag's Elementary game with Dunk's claim of Cop which was successfully corroborated Night 1, clearing his name for the game and largely saving Town: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=239627&start=150

I'm not interesting in actually lynching him but applying pressure is useful whether he's Town or non-Town, so Vote Pixar
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby Ragian on Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:14 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Been a pretty big advocate of not lynching as well on D1 unless it's an incredibly small game exclusive to cult.

So, I'll start.

Unvote vote no lynch

I'm with extreme here. This is bad. As strike wrote, it's problematic to just do away with D1 discussions and rely on power roles (or luck) N1. D1 is annoying, long, and heavy, but it is very good for reference points later in the game to check if stories and actions line up.

I'm not saying we should necessarily lynch D1 (given the nature of this game), but I think that we should at least push whoever seems scummy. Right now DDS looks most scummy to me.

FoS DDS
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:23 am

I actually think it's a miracle that both the Doc and Cop have managed to stay alive that long, albeit the self protect changed the game/dega's MVP read.

I've heavily argued against lynching/prodding in the past, not gonna beat a dead horse on that one. If you're curious, made an entire thread about it in the Mafia discussion.
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=609&t=222775
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby PepeAtila on Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:35 am

I don't want to lynch day 1, but to force a claim, FOR NOW I say 'vote Pixar'
Captain PepeAtila

Postby Razorvich on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:58 am

HMMMM... i will gather my thoughts about you pepe
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Lieutenant Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:25 am

If DDS turns out scum then I am FoSsing those that continued the bw on Pix rather than hopping on another. (Likewise I understand that if pix turns scum, I look scummy now)
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:04 am

Extreme Ways wrote:

So, I'll start.

Unvote vote no lynch

Voting no lynch within 48 hours of day 1 is scummy to me - we havent even had everybody say something.
vote DDS

I also disagree with Traf, chances of lynching a townie are higher in general but chances of lynching correctly later on are better if a genuine case was being made and someone has a good voting record of with the addition of not having voted for the D1 lynch.

I'm with Duke. We should just... play the game and see what comes up this D1, and probably only lynch if justice calls for it.

As someone who has played with DDS before, this is very much his style to really push for a no lynch day 1. I believe he even created a thread or two in Mafia Discussions where he argues the case for No lynch on Day 1.

fusibaseball wrote:For Day 1, I'm of the opinion that it's most advantageous for Town to force a claim and get a little action going so that information-gathering roles have breadcrumbs to follow Night 1 and aren't shooting completely in the dark. That being said, I don't think actual lynching is great for Town because the odds aren't in our favor, as has been discussed.

Day 1 poking and prodding has already been demonstrated to be useful in Raz's Prison Mafia Game with the dissolution of halrob's story after interrogation from Dega: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=610&t=239406&start=100 (starting on page 5 or thereabouts).

This was demonstrated again in Rag's Elementary game with Dunk's claim of Cop which was successfully corroborated Night 1, clearing his name for the game and largely saving Town: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=239627&start=150

I'm not interesting in actually lynching him but applying pressure is useful whether he's Town or non-Town, so Vote Pixar

I agree with you that pressure day 1 is good. It gives us something to go on rather than have the cop, doc and other town roles aiming blindly in the night. However, the Pixar vote here just feels random beyond him already having the most votes and random pressure doesn't do much of anything. Slight FOS Fusi for Bandwagoning

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I actually think it's a miracle that both the Doc and Cop have managed to stay alive that long, albeit the self protect changed the game/dega's MVP read.

I've heavily argued against lynching/prodding in the past, not gonna beat a dead horse on that one. If you're curious, made an entire thread about it in the Mafia discussion.
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=609&t=222775

Ahh cool. I was right about him making the thread.

PepeAtila wrote:I don't want to lynch day 1, but to force a claim, FOR NOW I say 'vote Pixar'

Forcing a claim on a joke wagon is stupid. FoS Pepe

So Extreme hasn't played with DDS before, so him not knowing this is well within DDS'S normal day 1 behaviors. Ragian however has played with DDS before and to me that is more suspicious that he'd jump on that logic and push for DDS. Vote Ragian

Also for the newer players who might not know, FOS stands for "Finger of Suspicion". It's a way to say that someone's behavior is slightly scummy but not worth voting for on its own.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:10 am

For those who might want to read, there is a thread with some Mafia terms here: viewtopic.php?f=609&t=87345

Cadet strike wolf

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:11 am

Being my boss and all, Vote Razor :twisted:
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:34 am

strike wolf wrote:So Extreme hasn't played with DDS before, so him not knowing this is well within DDS'S normal day 1 behaviors. Ragian however has played with DDS before and to me that is more suspicious that he'd jump on that logic and push for DDS. Vote Ragian

Also for the newer players who might not know, FOS stands for "Finger of Suspicion". It's a way to say that someone's behavior is slightly scummy but not worth voting for on its own.

I'm actually not quite sure if this is against the rules or not, but privately, Roognanny forgot about me and I can understand why, it's only been 5/6 years ago.

He's still an asshole though.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:53 am

Fair enough. Unvote Ragoony for now

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:00 am

I still don't see the point to force some claims D1.
I mean based on the last 2 games as fusi explained u could think it was helpfull but I think otherwise.
In the Prison game it was not the preassure of D1 but rather the invented notes going around, and we were pressing dunk that happend to be able to prove he was townie at night handling an item to prove his role. but not really for D1 claims.
School was different, we were lucky or unlucky to force cop claim. But it was mostly a vanilla game, so had we get a scum claim he just had to say he was a normal townie, and on top of it had we actually force a doc claim D1 it would have been over for tow.

This games has multiples roles, and we don't know if we have 2 cops, 2 docs or some other roles similar in names or actions, so we cannot be sure of any claim anyway. I really don't see it.

Now I will say Pixar seems to be trying to be scummy enough to try force a visit at night, without saying he wants to be visited like godfather last night, so I will keep that for future reference.
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:31 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I still don't see the point to force some claims D1.
I mean based on the last 2 games as fusi explained u could think it was helpfull but I think otherwise.
In the Prison game it was not the preassure of D1 but rather the invented notes going around, and we were pressing dunk that happend to be able to prove he was townie at night handling an item to prove his role. but not really for D1 claims.
School was different, we were lucky or unlucky to force cop claim. But it was mostly a vanilla game, so had we get a scum claim he just had to say he was a normal townie, and on top of it had we actually force a doc claim D1 it would have been over for tow.

This games has multiples roles, and we don't know if we have 2 cops, 2 docs or some other roles similar in names or actions, so we cannot be sure of any claim anyway. I really don't see it.

Now I will say Pixar seems to be trying to be scummy enough to try force a visit at night, without saying he wants to be visited like godfather last night, so I will keep that for future reference.

The claim itself might be relatively worthless information, but knowing who took part in getting the claim and who stood on the sidelines trying to bandwagon someone else. The more pressure was applied, the stronger this information. This is also why we shouldnt agree beforehand not to lynch, because that gives scum a free option to pressure fellow scum.

Anyway, I now understand that this is how DDS likes to play and having read his back-and-forth with dega in Elementary Mafia, I also accept that we are both too stubborn to concede this point :D

unvote DDS
General Extreme Ways

Postby Loose Canon on Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:43 am

My preference would be for someone who is advocating no lynch to be lynched.

... and if we get it wrong - just gives us superheroes the opportunity to turn it round later.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby SoN!c on Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:44 am

And so the plot thickens, or better said tickens.
Im pretty sure Pixar could be Chairface Chippendale or one of his henchmen named "Zipperneck", who has a zipper ... on his neck.
Colonel SoN!c

Postby swang918 on Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:56 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Now I will say Pixar seems to be trying to be scummy enough to try force a visit at night, without saying he wants to be visited like godfather last night, so I will keep that for future reference.

I don't know that Pixar is trying to seem scummy though. Seems more like a joke wagon that he is not really defending against because he knows everyone knows it's a joke. In fact this post feels kind of like trying to keep a wagon going on Pixar without actually voting....Vote Trafalgar
Major swang918

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:11 pm

swang918 wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Now I will say Pixar seems to be trying to be scummy enough to try force a visit at night, without saying he wants to be visited like godfather last night, so I will keep that for future reference.

I don't know that Pixar is trying to seem scummy though. Seems more like a joke wagon that he is not really defending against because he knows everyone knows it's a joke. In fact this post feels kind of like trying to keep a wagon going on Pixar without actually voting....Vote Trafalgar

I'm not saying the badwagon should continue. I'm only saying I am remembering this for future reference after we get some real info
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby SoN!c on Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:33 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
swang918 wrote:

I'm not saying the badwagon should continue. I'm only saying I am remembering this for future reference after we get some real info

BTW: You need 10 votes and Pixar, whether being Chairface Chippendale or being one of Chairface Chippendale's henchmen Zipperneck only has 3.. So not happening this. Pixar doesn't drink organic chamomile tea with honey..doesn't that says enough, honey?

Colonel SoN!c

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:03 pm

SoN!c wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
swang918 wrote:

BTW: You need 10 votes and Pixar, whether being Chairface Chippendale or being one of Chairface Chippendale's henchmen Zipperneck only has 3.. So not happening this. Pixar doesn't drink organic chamomile tea with honey..doesn't that says enough, honey?

Pix is actually on 5.
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:13 pm

Which is a lot for what was essentially a joke wagon. I don't disagree that Trafs comment about Pix acting scummy is odd and I didn't find his defense very convincing. Just kind of wishy washy.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Loose Canon on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:24 pm

Does forcing a claim mean someone has say 8 or 9 votes on them, and so they think to avoid getting the votes that tip them to being lynched they come out and claim "hey I'm this superhero and these are my powers" ???
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:44 pm

Loose Canon wrote:Does forcing a claim mean someone has say 8 or 9 votes on them, and so they think to avoid getting the votes that tip them to being lynched they come out and claim "hey I'm this superhero and these are my powers" ???

Normally you'd want to claim at L-2 or L-1.

I'm also 50/50 on the "Pixar acting scummy." Hard to determine if it was meant to be taken as a light hearted joke. I will say the folks that jumped on it after the 3rd vote are just doing it for the sake of it rather than what it was initially meant to be; a joke vote.
Dukasaur wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives