Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass Effect 1 - D3 Together we fall

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Samlen wrote:Is metagaming a norm here? Usually we're supposed to try and go through the game not taking the mods choices into account. Besides, a mod finding a replacement instead of modkilling is almost always preferable to keep the game going so that random roles just don't die. A vanilla might not matter as much as a cop or jailer but they still count in terms of numbers, vote, and opinion.

This isn't even metagaming, it's playing the mod. At least we will only lose a vanilla.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Honestly, I like the chu/Mitch for the reasons Skoffin mentioned. The inactivity and how the mod would/should handle replacements/mod kills is rather weak considering that we have no recent information regarding how DDS would do this when he hasn't modded in a long while if at all here before. It wasn't a double prod. It was a prod. Chi reappeared. He became inactive again and was prodded again. He said he would respond but didn't so he was replaced. DDS was a bit slower to give the actual prods but he did the same with Tails, Pika and Skoffin who also disappeared for a significant length.

Skoffin case is valid. Neither Caff nor Thor voted Chu day 1 for starters.

I'll hammer when the time is right but I don't feel the need to at the moment.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby madmitch on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Samlen wrote:Is metagaming a norm here? Usually we're supposed to try and go through the game not taking the mods choices into account. Besides, a mod finding a replacement instead of modkilling is almost always preferable to keep the game going so that random roles just don't die. A vanilla might not matter as much as a cop or jailer but they still count in terms of numbers, vote, and opinion.

This isn't even metagaming, it's playing the mod. At least we will only lose a vanilla.

IF you were town, you should not want to lose anyone,,, even a vanilla VOTE DOOM
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:24 pm

madmitch wrote:IF you were town, you should not want to lose anyone,,, even a vanilla VOTE DOOM

The thing is, scum can also be vanilla. They're called "mafia goons". You never said you were town, just that you're vanilla so yeah, we'll lose just a vanilla. And this is not your first game but you're playing it like Thor.
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:41 pm

@ DAKKY, I win when sarens team and any third party are eliminated, I take this it means I am town, but you know this already and you believed me but I have to say it over and over ](*,) ](*,)
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Actually Mitch pointed out something I missed. Doom said "At least we will only lose a vanilla". He doesn't leave room for his own possible doubt in the statement.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:17 pm

strike wolf wrote:Actually Mitch pointed out something I missed. Doom said "At least we will only lose a vanilla". He doesn't leave room for his own possible doubt in the statement.

You understand that Doom isn't actually voting for "vanilla" Mitch?

"Hey let's lynch vanilla & vote someone else" is WIFOM if you ask me. I'm not removing my vote from Mitch since he currently screams as "vanilla" SCUM but Doom is also screaming something not good.

madmitch wrote:@ DAKKY, I win when sarens team and any third party are eliminated, I take this it means I am town, but you know this already and you believed me but I have to say it over and over ](*,) ](*,)

If you got a role which says that you win "with" sarens team and any third party eliminated, I think it was not too hard to swap "with" with "when". Sorry, still don't believe you. Caff treatment of Chu was special in every way...
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:36 pm

@ Dakky you are being obtuse, I FUCKING KNOW MY WIN CONDITION, so back off and quit trying to twist my words around =;
Cadet madmitch

Postby Skoffin on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Mitch; if we do not lynch you who do you think we should be lynching?
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Skoffin wrote: Mitch; if we do not lynch you who do you think we should be lynching?

While I'm not Mitch, Doom and Dakky's responses the past couple of RL days have me suspicious of their actions. Doom for obviously asking Mitch about who he protected when he was another role is a big no-no to me. While town can always have more information about night actions, those night actions were of a DEAD player and such should not asked or talked about. This information can actually help scum/third party more than town IMO.

Dakky is obviously twisting Mitch's posts to suit an agenda but he was right about Thor. So idk what to do with that.

if Mitch does turn out to be just a regular mafia goon then it would cement my thoughts on another player, who I have mentioned previously. They are playing very safe and non-committal.

Tails, thx for voting for me. You're doing great sweaty
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Also: Deadline is in about 48 hours isn't it? Can we get an update on that please
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby madmitch on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:57 pm

@ Skoffin I like to say Dakky but I am not to sure about him,the way he is pushing me could be townish but then he protected Thort until it got to hot for him to handle,I would also look at who did not vote for Caff,yeah I know my old self is there but he wasn't posting anymore, there was MMwho claimed vig, and DOOM which I thought was town until his post of getting rid of vanilla and tails who unvoted then voted after he was hung,I am sticking with my vote for now
Cadet madmitch

Postby Skoffin on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Skittles! wrote:Tails, thx for voting for me. You're doing great sweaty

Did you just say that Tails is sweaty?
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Skoffin wrote:

For the person who made Meme Mafia, your lack of knowledge on modern memes is disgraceful
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:23 pm

madmitch wrote:@ Skoffin I like to say Dakky but I am not to sure about him,the way he is pushing me could be townish but then he protected Thort until it got to hot for him to handle,I would also look at who did not vote for Caff,yeah I know my old self is there but he wasn't posting anymore, there was MMwho claimed vig, and DOOM which I thought was town until his post of getting rid of vanilla and tails who unvoted then voted after he was hung,I am sticking with my vote for now

Dakky never protected Thor, he was after him the whole game.
Private Skittles!

Postby Skoffin on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Skittles! wrote:
Skoffin wrote:

For the person who made Meme Mafia, your lack of knowledge on modern memes is disgraceful

I'm old and humourless now; I don't get eeeeettt.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Ill happily hook myself to mitch's sinking ship. As I have already said his flavour very much makes believe he is town. Assuming we can take the no fake claims from mod serious.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:19 pm

benga wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:Vote count

(1) Skittles - Tails
(1) Sam - DY
(5) Mitch - Skoffin, Skittles, Dakky, Benga, MM

With 13 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

don't you mean 7?

I was emailed about this earlier. Im using a different voting system. Just trying something different.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby madmitch on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:28 pm

@ Skittles maybe not so much protecting but he sure let him play that newby card for a long time, not quite Dakky's playing style :-s
Cadet madmitch

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:38 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
benga wrote:

(1) Skittles - Tails
(1) Sam - DY

don't you mean 7?

I was emailed about this earlier. Im using a different voting system. Just trying something different.

why would you fundamentally change the game the whole point of the half plus 1 directly relates to the win conditions of scum
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Ragian on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:57 pm

madmitch wrote:@ Skittles maybe not so much protecting but he sure let him play that newby card for a long time, not quite Dakky's playing style :-s

Well, this is not true. Dakky was onto Thor the entire time. Even when others asked him to stop. However, I read mitch's frustration as town frustration. I have seen him frustrated like this before. Also, I like what he pointed out about Doom's post which Strike also found interesting.

Moreover, my vote on Tails is not on the VC, so I need to vote to see if my vote has been stolen. unvote vote Doom
Captain Ragian

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:33 am

dakky21 wrote:
madmitch wrote:IF you were town, you should not want to lose anyone,,, even a vanilla VOTE DOOM

The thing is, scum can also be vanilla. They're called "mafia goons". You never said you were town, just that you're vanilla so yeah, we'll lose just a vanilla. And this is not your first game but you're playing it like Thor.

Pretty much this ^^^^^.

No-one in the town wants to lose anyone, but it will happen during the course of the game, and from a group perspective, losing a vanilla role isn't especially damaging. Plus you are giving off the same vibes Thorthoth gave off earlier - namely a sense of confusion about your role. And you've been in too many games now to let that excuse slide I'm afraid. Being confused because you've been dropped into a cult role suddenly? Now that I can see being more likely.

BTW mitch, I never claimed Vigilante. For all anyone knows, that was my only kill-shot if the game.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Skoffin on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:40 am

Excusssse me? People use the word 'vanilla' to say 'non-power role townie' all the time so that's a pretty ridiculous reason to lambaste someone. It feels like some people are reaching to add extra reasons to lynch Mitch. While I still think mitch is scum I think we have some other scum playing this shit up.
For example, you are playing pretty weird masket. I got my eye on you bud.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby benga on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:45 am

lord voldemort wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
benga wrote:

(1) Skittles - Tails
(1) Sam - DY

don't you mean 7?

why would you fundamentally change the game the whole point of the half plus 1 directly relates to the win conditions of scum

are you just giving scum +1 vote handicap cause we already got 2?

or is this just for this round?

mitch always screams or so it seems to me

since my gut feeling got me so far so good I will keep my vote

last time I hesitated is when when I unvoted caff, not going to repeat it again
Sergeant benga

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:50 am

It's honestly just for this round. The majority vote was changed around to suit town when the game first started for what I believed to be was better balanced, but the game is making a turn that I didn't expect, so after today, it would switch back to the actual majority. I should have specified this when I first made this game, my bad.

Sorry if anyone has issues with it, I'm aware of it. Make due with what you got and have fun. :D
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives