Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass Effect 1 - D3 Together we fall

Postby Ragian on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:50 am

Good post, in my opinion. I'm joining the bandwagon. Perhaps out of the blue, but I have had some weird feelings about strike earlier in the game. I think I'm weirded out by the fact that he's not leading town as I would expect him to, and what hotshot mentions fuels the flame. Unvte vote Strike

I want to back up this fluff post with more. Hopefully, I'll be able to during work. Otherwise, kill me.
Captain Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:15 am

I've also had a weird feeling about Strike this whole game, especially concerning his half-defence on both Caff and Thor. To me, Mitch has argued for himself decently to stay alive, even tho some of it was strawman. Unvote Vote Strike
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:46 am

just on that from hotshot.

i have pretty similar thoughts. i like the strike lynch/bandwagon vote strike wolf for the reasons already stated. I much prefer that over the claimed town. How close we get I dont know

other players that i may see different. i lean heavier town on mitch. i have doom as more neutral -> scum than town. skoffin is playing pretty standard and i can never read her so she is probs town.

The cult is the interesting one. id feel confident in one of sam, mm, benga and hotshot being 1 of the 3 cult. maybe even skittles.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:56 am

madmitch wrote:@dakky if that was the case I would have voted for you,I don't care if M.M. voted for me, their some things I find strange like him saying he was not vig, but he claimed the kill ,and if I AM RIGHT HE didn't vote for Caff

Did you miss the multiple posts from people straight after saying they didn't want me to reveal any more of my role? (Not that I was going to anyway).
The point is that I'm way more vulnerable if other players start to suspect that I've used all my possible actions up. Being vague is the idea!

Not hugely convinced by this latest bandwagon in all honesty. 4 votes from 4 posts deserves scrutiny, especially as it's on somebody more likely aligned to the scum - a crippled faction at the moment.
I still see mitch as a likely cult candidate so my vote stays.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:21 am

Vote count

(1) Skittles - Tails
(1) Sam - DY
(4) Mitch - Skoffin, Dakky, Benga, MM
(1) MM - Mitch
(4) Strike - HS, Rag, Skittles, LV

With 13 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Note: Roughly 8 hours until the day ends.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skittles! on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:39 am

I honestly would suspect Strike to be posting more, considering he has stated that he is a huge fan of the ME universe and he is usually way more active than he has been this game. Many of his posts have been non-committal as well, especially in regards to the scum that we have gotten rid of already.

I dont see Mitch being cult or scum right now, despite Fircoal's actions. He would have made up way more bullshit if he was.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:16 am

That's a scary wagon. I don't like Strike's explaining posts to Thorthoth. It almost seems like scum-coaching. I'm going to sleep for a few hours on it and hopefully make it back before the deadline to decide.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:47 am

Im not surprised to see a case against me but 4 votes in 4 posts this close to deadline? FOS Skittles and Lovo as the real bandwagon votes. Skittles particularly could be considered a hypocrite as he wasn't much if at all harder on Thor or Caff than you perceive me to be.

I don't really have time to make a full defense right now but on at least one account: I haven't really been leading. A. Because I suspected and still somewhat suspect Skoffin but can't find anything solid to actually stick to her and B. I just haven't been active today or late day 2, period. Most of my time to this game has been me catching up on what I missed from the real life day or two before.

I am Conrad Verner-Vanilla townie and I love Commander Shepard.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby madmitch on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:19 am

I call bull ,granted conrad was a huge fan of shepard but my previous self was his lover. UNVOTE VOTE STRIKE
Cadet madmitch

Postby madmitch on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 am

UNVOTE VOTE STRIKE
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 am

It's an unrequited love...for now. Also we all know he left Ashley for Liara...or Tali in the second game. You call bull or you're trying to save yourself? I wouldn't blame you for the latter but

As far as Thor, I always lean towards giving newbies a lot of leeway. In part because so often even when they seem super scummy, were often wrong and in part, because I don't want to turn them off from the forum by picking on newbies. I will say if I had been scumbuddies with Thor, I would have warned him about overplaying the newbie card. It doesn't have much long term value in the game. You don't have to believe that but ask why Thor didn't follow my advice if I was his scum buddy when I told him he needed to participate more in actually giving his reads.

Caff, I'll be honest, I was more turned off from the case on Caff for the fact that so many components of it were dumb or weak on their own but they built up to be bigger. The no name claim was scummy as hell but as I said, I fully expected that if he was town, he'd have been Garrus which is possibly the second strongest claim in this game someone could have. After that I'm pretty sure I didn't even get online again until after the counterclaim.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby benga on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:04 pm

you can't be both vanilla

unvote vote strike

if you are then we lnch mitch next day
Sergeant benga

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 pm

That's sound logic there Benga. Oh right. Sarcasm isn't obvious over the internet.

Look into Lovo and Skittles. Between the two I think you'll find at least one scum. Skoffib still bugs me, I was hoping to reveal why to myself through the Mitch lynch.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dakky21 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 pm

LOL, wtf. I didn't see a faster speed lynch in quite some time. All because hotshot had a hunch on Strike.

We should really look into ones on the bandwagon.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Wow, I didn't expect a bandwagon to form that quickly... I didn't know I was that convincing lol. Looks like almost everyone who wanted a case other than Mitch jumped on the bandwagon... that almost makes me a bit scared.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:56 pm

To my beloved Shepard. I must leave you now but remember, it was just my time to go. For now I can see the hero you truly are.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Skoffin on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Wryyyyy is everyone so desperate to waste our mislynches by risking nolynches? Again this feels like people are desperate not to lynch chu/mitch. I honestly feel like we would have found a lot more valuable info from lynching mitch, possibly figuring out the entire scum team. do we even have time to change the lynch?

@Strike your face bugs me
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Skoffin on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Apparently the deadline was around 2am or so, and I'm not allowing another nolynch because collectively we are all suddenly potatoes. If strike comes up townie this will say a lot about those that turned on him so quick and were hesitant to consider chu.

unvote vote strike
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Skoffin wrote: Apparently the deadline was around 2am or so, and I'm not allowing another nolynch because collectively we are all suddenly potatoes. If strike comes up townie this will say a lot about those that turned on him so quick and were hesitant to consider chu.

unvote vote strike

I'm about 95% sure I was already speed lynched. Oh well, this is what I get for not hammering Mitch when I had the chance.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Skoffin on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:54 pm

I wasn't sure of the vote count so just in case.
It's okay pal, I'll avenge you; and then you can apologise to me. Unless you are in fact scum, in which case you can still apologise.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Lol that's quite a lynch.

benga wrote:you can't be both vanilla

unvote vote strike

if you are then we lnch mitch next day

What kind of asinine logic is this?

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby dakky21 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Skoffin wrote: I wasn't sure of the vote count so just in case.
It's okay pal, I'll avenge you; and then you can apologise to me. Unless you are in fact scum, in which case you can still apologise.

So you skimmed 15-20 posts up on THIS page and voted and didn't see a vote count? I don't like it.
You didn't see he was already lynched before you bandwagoned? I don't like it.

I'm voting you tomorrow. That much of a skimming I didn't see for a long time as well as that speed lynch that occurred.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:16 pm

EBWOP: Skoff you literally skimmed through DDS's vote count, mitch's vote, then benga's vote and then Strike's youtube post.

Can't wait D4 to start.
Captain dakky21

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:28 pm

I might give credence to the cult theory now, that speedlynch smacks of cult or some concerted effort.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Skoffin on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Calm dooooown bro, it was around 7 in the morning and I skimmed and voted just to make sure we didn't no lynch again. Which is amazing because I never get up before 12. It is always better to be safe than sorry, so calm the farm. But sure freak out and declare going after the one vote that probably wasn't even needed while simultaneously letting go everyone that actually speedlynched him.

As an aside, why did everyone let chu/mitch go because 'his name is believable' but no one has really said anything about strike's name claim? Mitch's name was important but strike's isn't?
Lieutenant Skoffin

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives