Conquer Club

Office Mafia ENDGAME!! TOWN WINS!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Office Mafia (9/9) D1: Register Complete

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:07 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:Sorry for the pre post.

In my opinion on day one everyone is chasing shadows and hoping for the best most of the time it seems. It is about increasing the probobility that we eventually latch on to mafia.

By claiming VT, weather he is mafia or not, he has made himself expendeble. If he is telling the truth mafia will work around him anyway and hit someone else at night. If he is lieing and is Mafia we get a bad guy.

Besides the fact that we get a claim out on there, we can also begin to generate vote patterns and look for people who are bandwagonning. Also, VT is a pretty common claim, so the option of hanging a VT to test the claim isn't necessarily a bad idea.
Captain safariguy5

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:(get ready for sarcasm)

No way! He claimed Vanilla Townie! This is a complete shock!

Let's keep doing this, and have all 9 players claim! I'm sure the mafia will just claim "mafia."

(end sarcasm)

So, now what? I understand my idea had plenty of holes to poke in, but this line of attack just can't work. Even if I was one to claim and I happened to be cop or doc, I would claim Vanilla Townie so that the mafia wouldn't target me. Who would realistically claim anything but Vanilla Townie on day 1?

But if we are going to continue, I would vote either Drunkmonkey for his one liners (referred to in one of my posts) or new guy1, who just doesn't sit right with me after saying he would be quiet on day 1, then caving to the pressure.

So...VOTE DRUNKMONEY

My one-liners? I started the case on clever. If you really don't believe him, why didn't you ever cast a vote for him?

If I follow your logic correctly, everyone (including town power roles) should claim VT when pressured. But, we should also lynch anyone who claims VT? Are you just saying that claims don't matter, and we should never pressure anyone?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:26 am

jonty125 wrote:Vote Count

safariguy5 - (0)
MoB Deadly - (0)
Djfireside - (0)
Nebuchadnezer - (0)
new guy1 - (0)
Iron Butterfly - (0)
Some7thingCLEVER - (2) - nàme, Iron Butterfly,
drunkmonkey - (1) - Nebuchadnezer,
nàme - (1) - Some7thingCLEVER,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to hang via telephone cord. Deadline is Monday, 12 March 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:45 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:

Let's keep doing this, and have all 9 players claim! I'm sure the mafia will just claim "mafia."

(end sarcasm)

So, now what? I understand my idea had plenty of holes to poke in, but this line of attack just can't work. Even if I was one to claim and I happened to be cop or doc, I would claim Vanilla Townie so that the mafia wouldn't target me. Who would realistically claim anything but Vanilla Townie on day 1?

But if we are going to continue, I would vote either Drunkmonkey for his one liners (referred to in one of my posts) or new guy1, who just doesn't sit right with me after saying he would be quiet on day 1, then caving to the pressure.

So...VOTE DRUNKMONEY

My one-liners? I started the case on clever. If you really don't believe him, why didn't you ever cast a vote for him?

If I follow your logic correctly, everyone (including town power roles) should claim VT when pressured. But, we should also lynch anyone who claims VT? Are you just saying that claims don't matter, and we should never pressure anyone?

Okay, okay, you started the "case" on Clever...that was 2 lines. :) I don't say I don't believe him. He just made a claim that I can guarantee the next person we pressure will also make. It was no surprise, and if he was mafia, that's the claim he has to make.

On day one, to have the doc claim doc, would mean the doc dies night 1. I never said lynch anyone who claims VT...skimming? I'm saying on Day 1, everyone, except maybe the cop, will claim VT. Why? 1. VT are VT. 2. If doc claims doc, he dies night one. 3. Mafia will claim VT to hide.

I'm new, so I might be looking at this wrong...please correct me. I do understand that the "claim" can give us insight further along. But then why not have everyone claim?

Signed, Confused
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Djfireside on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:

(end sarcasm)

So...VOTE DRUNKMONEY

Okay, okay, you started the "case" on Clever...that was 2 lines. :) I don't say I don't believe him. He just made a claim that I can guarantee the next person we pressure will also make. It was no surprise, and if he was mafia, that's the claim he has to make.

On day one, to have the doc claim doc, would mean the doc dies night 1. I never said lynch anyone who claims VT...skimming? I'm saying on Day 1, everyone, except maybe the cop, will claim VT. Why? 1. VT are VT. 2. If doc claims doc, he dies night one. 3. Mafia will claim VT to hide.

I'm new, so I might be looking at this wrong...please correct me. I do understand that the "claim" can give us insight further along. But then why not have everyone claim?

Signed, Confused

You have a good point on that in that anyone who comes out and states their main role is looking for trouble but as I stated and this is just my own point, it just came off kinda odd and in my mind didnt seem to fit. Maybe Im just not mentally stable.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:25 pm

True, given the size of this game, VT is probably going to be a very common claim. However, in a larger game, most people who are town should have no reason to lie about their claim.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm

I may be out of action tonight and tommorrow as I have bad computer virus. I will need to re format comp.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:17 pm

The deadline is still over a month away. I'd rather not let this game idle that long, but I don't know how to come to a lynch at this pace. Any ideas to move this along?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Djfireside on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:04 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:The deadline is still over a month away. I'd rather not let this game idle that long, but I don't know how to come to a lynch at this pace. Any ideas to move this along?

Well at this point each person will VT claim away so its the choice of do we No lynch and fall one down or randomly lynch someone and hope to get lucky. Im always for testing luck but as well in a game this size if we choose wrong its over.
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Djfireside wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:The deadline is still over a month away. I'd rather not let this game idle that long, but I don't know how to come to a lynch at this pace. Any ideas to move this along?

Well at this point each person will VT claim away so its the choice of do we No lynch and fall one down or randomly lynch someone and hope to get lucky. Im always for testing luck but as well in a game this size if we choose wrong its over.

So what exactly quailifies as a lynchable offense day one besides inactivity and someone making a claim others think they should not make?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Djfireside wrote:

So what exactly quailifies as a lynchable offense day one besides inactivity and someone making a claim others think they should not make?

Seems to be nobody has made a "lynchable offense" Iron Butterfly. So, are you claiming a no lynch on D1? Not wise, from what I read...

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Djfireside wrote:

Seems to be nobody has made a "lynchable offense" Iron Butterfly. So, are you claiming a no lynch on D1? Not wise, from what I read...

I asked a simple question. Either you know the answer or you do not. Why would you imply I was trying to claim a no lynch?

FOS Nebuchadezer
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:44 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:

I asked a simple question. Either you know the answer or you do not. Why would you imply I was trying to claim a no lynch?

FOS Nebuchadezer[/quote]

Why are you answering a question with a question? Your question is is hardly a question at all, as you seem to answer your own question within the question itself. "Lynchable offense" would be inactivity or making a false claim. As stated in my reply, it seems as if nobody here has done anything "lynchable" or there would already be a close to day 1. Therefore, it would follow that your question leads the reader to believe that a "no lynch" is the only way to go, since everyone is active and nobody has made a false claim.

So...a simple question for you...given our current state of affairs, and your leading question...Do you want a "no lynch" on day 1? A yes or no answer would suffice, thank you.

FOS away! At least something interesting is happening...

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:46 am

Well, those quotes came out all wrong...grrr....I think it should have been...

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:So what exactly quailifies as a lynchable offense day one besides inactivity and someone making a claim others think they should not make?

FOS Nebuchadezer

Why are you answering a question with a question? Your question is is hardly a question at all, as you seem to answer your own question within the question itself. "Lynchable offense" would be inactivity or making a false claim. As stated in my reply, it seems as if nobody here has done anything "lynchable" or there would already be a close to day 1. Therefore, it would follow that your question leads the reader to believe that a "no lynch" is the only way to go, since everyone is active and nobody has made a false claim.

So...a simple question for you...given our current state of affairs, and your leading question...Do you want a "no lynch" on day 1? A yes or no answer would suffice, thank you.

FOS away! At least something interesting is happening...

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:23 am

My question was indeed a simple question unless you choose to make into somthing it is not, which indeed seems the case.

Common sense dictates that a no-lynch would only help mafia with a free night kill.

I simply asked is there anything besides inactivety or people being voted for unbeleivable claims that would be cause for someone to vote to lynch. You twisted my question into somthing entirely different.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:My question was indeed a simple question unless you choose to make into somthing it is not, which indeed seems the case.

Common sense dictates that a no-lynch would only help mafia with a free night kill.

I simply asked is there anything besides inactivety or people being voted for unbeleivable claims that would be cause for someone to vote to lynch. You twisted my question into somthing entirely different.

That's true only if we don't get information from the day. If we got claims today, it does give us some information going into Day 2.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 pm

Well, MoB Deadly hasn't posted anything for almost 6 days. I'd like to hear his thoughts so far...and he seems to be a veteran here, so is there anything he would suggest to move the game along?

Postby new guy1 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:14 pm

this is true, but normally the weekends dont have much activity, therefore you can take those days off. his thoughts would be appreciated, and yes, he does seem to be a veteran on these forums, but us noobies have to help as well ;)
Sergeant new guy1

Postby nàme on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:34 pm

i still say somethingclever. he isnt participating, he claimed a role then left to his fate and he only came around to save himself, not to help figure this out. not to mention if he is falsly claiming a VT, it could go the whole game and have us not find him. not hanging him now will just prolong the inevitable, right?
Major nàme

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:02 pm

If I dont get to post tonight I give you my word Ill post tomorrow
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Some7hingCLEVER on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 am

nàme wrote:i still say somethingclever. he isnt participating, he claimed a role then left to his fate and he only came around to save himself, not to help figure this out. not to mention if he is falsly claiming a VT, it could go the whole game and have us not find him. not hanging him now will just prolong the inevitable, right?

sorry im new to the whole thing and its hard for me to get involved i thought i had already said this but i am watching constantly and i will definitly try to be more active
and for the whole fake claim thing ...i have given you my claim now there really isnt anything i can do but see if you believe...but im new so i may be wrong please correct me if i am
Cadet Some7hingCLEVER

Postby Djfireside on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:28 pm

In response to the questions before, there is no cut and dry way to determine if someone is scummy. Just poke and prod and try to get people to claim out and see what happens.

As for any claim, most people will put VT just as a note, but you have to watch any other information given. Namely the name of the person they claim to be and how much weight you think it bears.
Private Djfireside

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah, it's tricky with VT's. I'm not sure of this setup, we might have some VT's considering it's only a 9 person game. On the other hand, VT is a favorite mafia fakeclaim because they don't have to make up night actions and potentially get caught in a lie. I'm personally inclined to believe him for now, we might want to either go to night or look at someone else.
Captain safariguy5

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 am

Okay I am here, but I dont know where to go? My strength is really not in day 1. We could try something new for an "exercise" to promote activity. We can ask difficult questions and try to see if a player responds with something unrealistic or something that a mafia player would want.

Okay I have an idea, we could all rank everyone else from 1-8. Everyone must be given a different number. We add up all the numbers that players has at the end, and thats who we pursue for a claim?

meh - I thought about it after I typed it up and although it would get us another claim - it wont't give us the discussion that we really want. Unless someone goes "Why did you give me an 8????? why am i scummy to you????" I think it could be used as a last resort, but I would rather some sort of question to spur activity.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby new guy1 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:07 am

i agree, that doesnt sound as though it would spur too much activity, and would most likely lead us to a dead end. i will try to help think of something else as well.
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives