Conquer Club

The Tick Mafia - JUSTICE PREVAILS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Tick Mafia - D1

Postby Loose Canon on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:54 pm

ok but irrespective of when the right timing for forcing a claim is - is it basically pressurising by threat of an imminent lynching - to make a player claim they are this or that?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:01 pm

In a pretty basic nutshell, yeah, that would be the gist of it.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby degaston on Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:12 pm

Vote Count:
    *Pixar* : 5 (Charle, fusibaseball, Maxleod, PepeAtila, SoN!c)
    Razorvich : 1 (*Pixar*)
    strike wolf : 1 (drake_259)
    TrafalgarLaw01 : 1 (swang918)
    No Lynch : 1 (DirtyDishSoap)
Brigadier degaston

Postby DukeHazzard on Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:14 am

It's barely day one.. We know nothing. I don't get why some are against making Pix claim even if it is a joke train. Someone said the reason to make someone claim is to see how people vote. Not about the info that is given in the claim. So why the hesitation? I don't understand why we have people voting singles when Pix is at 5. I don't follow the logic. In the last game, we kept getting stalled for the same reason. No one would back anyone else's play. So we just fumble in the dark instead of getting anywhere. Everyone is scared of looking scummy. Why is it scummy to force a claim when we really have no information? Even if it is a joke train. I'm riding the train. I feel like we need some kind of direction. This is the only real direction at the moment. Pix doesn't even seem to mind, so let's hear what he has to say. Vote Pixar
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:55 am

There's no defending when you're bandwagoned for no reason, to be honest. "Why me" is the worst defense so best he can do is deflect to someone else.

That being said, I do agree that single votes don't spur a different movement. However, adding votes to an existing vote is worse:
- I dont want to vote with Pix, just in case.
- I think the vote on raz is arguably even weaker,
- Traf is not the cleanest, but doesn't warrant a vote given how he hasnt joined the Pix bw despite talking a lot about it.
- strike explained DDS to gets 1 goodboy point.
- No lynch I am adamantly against voting, so early in the day.

I'll see later today when I have some time if I can justify a vote elsewhere.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby SoN!c on Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:33 am

I think we already have a first big clue:

Loose Canon wrote:Am I right in thinking not voting gives scum an advantage as they will probably kill one or more of us on Night one and so its marginally best for us to vote someone out rather than not.

That's all folks!!!

No way he can survive the night now...unless...Aaaaa-hahahahahahahaha!
Colonel SoN!c

Postby General Bax on Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:38 am

Vote Pixar
Lieutenant General Bax

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:51 am

This is good, everyone who has voted me, shall be evaluated for scummyness later on. Not claiming anything yet, and also agree that's it's probably not best for townies but will if I have to.
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ragian on Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:29 am

General Bax wrote:Vote Pixar

A vote with no explanation. And on a wagon started as jokes. FoS

Son!c is also rubbing me the wrong way. The laughter seems like character play. I like some character play, but it's also a way to seem as if you're participating when really you're not saying anything.

Would you care to explain this, @Son!c?

SoN!c wrote:I think we already have a first big clue:

Loose Canon wrote:Am I right in thinking not voting gives scum an advantage as they will probably kill one or more of us on Night one and so its marginally best for us to vote someone out rather than not.

That's all folks!!!

Why can't he survive? Unless what? And what's with the laughter?
Captain Ragian

Postby Charle on Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:40 am

Man I am learning a lot here, lots to take in for a first game, but very interesting1
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:03 am

Ragian wrote:

A vote with no explanation. And on a wagon started as jokes. FoS

Son!c is also rubbing me the wrong way. The laughter seems like character play. I like some character play, but it's also a way to seem as if you're participating when really you're not saying anything.

Would you care to explain this, @Son!c?

SoN!c wrote:I think we already have a first big clue:

That's all folks!!!

Why can't he survive? Unless what? And what's with the laughter?

Might be a post restriction, or he's a jester. Too early to say.
That or he's just being a goof.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Razorvich on Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:51 am

Im going to hold my vote for now

Would like to hear a bit more from Ragian and especialy pepe....

Both you guys are making my spidey sense tingle
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Lieutenant Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby PepeAtila on Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:14 am

Razorvich wrote:Im going to hold my vote for now

I have no big reasons, mainly to play, but Pixar said:

*Pixar* wrote:Lets get a claim outta me, IM READY :P

but later

*Pixar* wrote:This is good, everyone who has voted me, shall be evaluated for scummyness later on. Not claiming anything yet, and also agree that's it's probably not best for townies but will if I have to.

and after this second sentece, some players began voting different people.
Captain PepeAtila

Postby PepeAtila on Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:19 am

i mean after the first sentence...
Captain PepeAtila

Postby strike wolf on Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:15 am

DukeHazzard wrote:It's barely day one.. We know nothing. I don't get why some are against making Pix claim even if it is a joke train. Someone said the reason to make someone claim is to see how people vote. Not about the info that is given in the claim. So why the hesitation? I don't understand why we have people voting singles when Pix is at 5. I don't follow the logic. In the last game, we kept getting stalled for the same reason. No one would back anyone else's play. So we just fumble in the dark instead of getting anywhere. Everyone is scared of looking scummy. Why is it scummy to force a claim when we really have no information? Even if it is a joke train. I'm riding the train. I feel like we need some kind of direction. This is the only real direction at the moment. Pix doesn't even seem to mind, so let's hear what he has to say. Vote Pixar

Because joke wagons that turn into the case because they have the most votes don't turn into good wagons to analyze later on. It's pretty easy for scum to blend in to a wagon when the sole reasoning is "I votes him because he has the most votes".

Here's a thought experiment. Before piling on more votes to the Pix train, everyone tell us who of those voting pix is most scummy and why. If you can do this and have a legitimate reason why you feel they are the most scummy then I guess I don't have a good argument against this bandwagon.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Loose Canon on Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:20 pm

Pixar you said you were ready to make a claim. I get it that you maybe weren't ready to make a claim. But is there any teaser about your ability you can give us at least?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:38 pm

I said I was going to vote someone other than the ones currently voted for.
fusibaseball wrote:For Day 1, I'm of the opinion that it's most advantageous for Town to force a claim and get a little action going so that information-gathering roles have breadcrumbs to follow Night 1 and aren't shooting completely in the dark. That being said, I don't think actual lynching is great for Town because the odds aren't in our favor, as has been discussed.

Day 1 poking and prodding has already been demonstrated to be useful in Raz's Prison Mafia Game with the dissolution of halrob's story after interrogation from Dega: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=610&t=239406&start=100 (starting on page 5 or thereabouts).

This was demonstrated again in Rag's Elementary game with Dunk's claim of Cop which was successfully corroborated Night 1, clearing his name for the game and largely saving Town: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=239627&start=150

I'm not interesting in actually lynching him but applying pressure is useful whether he's Town or non-Town, so Vote Pixar

I disagree with fusi that getting the cop claim D1 was useful in Elementary, but otherwise cannot disagree with fusi. I'm unconvinced that this post indicates scum though.

PepeAtila wrote:I don't want to lynch day 1, but to force a claim, FOR NOW I say 'vote Pixar'

While essentially the same message, this seems scummier. Especially because it says "for now" but imo there's ample reasons to reflect and at least explain why the vote is still on Pix. Not sitting right with me.

No reason provided, but if my ctrl f is not mistaken this is Bax's only post in the whole game. It's not exactly coasting, but this to me looks like getting a free claim as scum out of pix.

DukeHazzard wrote:It's barely day one.. We know nothing. I don't get why some are against making Pix claim even if it is a joke train. Someone said the reason to make someone claim is to see how people vote. Not about the info that is given in the claim. So why the hesitation? I don't understand why we have people voting singles when Pix is at 5. I don't follow the logic. In the last game, we kept getting stalled for the same reason. No one would back anyone else's play. So we just fumble in the dark instead of getting anywhere. Everyone is scared of looking scummy. Why is it scummy to force a claim when we really have no information? Even if it is a joke train. I'm riding the train. I feel like we need some kind of direction. This is the only real direction at the moment. Pix doesn't even seem to mind, so let's hear what he has to say. Vote Pixar

I addressed this elsewhere, but out of the last 4 votes this one seems as legit as fusi's vote so I dont find it very scummy.

In conclusion:
Vote General Bax

I dont like votes without any explanations when you havent said anything else in the game. Ride the train, drive the train.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Darin44 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:02 pm

I'm going to read this and get back it
Captain Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Darin44 wrote:I'm going to read this and get back it

:evil:

I hate these posts. Just read it first before posting.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Darin44 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:41 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

I was afraid to post anything. because it don't matter what I someone will thank its scummy
Captain Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Ragian on Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:39 am

Hear a bit more what? Do you not think we're participating enough?
Captain Ragian

Postby SoN!c on Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:06 am

Darin44 wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

I was afraid to post anything. because it don't matter what I someone will thank its scummy

Afraid to post anything in a "The Tick" role playing game? Oh dear.. who are you then?

The world of the Tick is good fun: the Tick himself and his perplexed sidekick Arthur (he's a moth, not a bunny, by the way) face off against some really weird and highly mockable villains like the Man-Eating Cow. Man-Eating Cow can consume humans with alarming speed by the way.

And 95% of the Tick characters has Mental Health issues like pseudobulbar affect but i don't know any Tick character that has ATPA "afraid to post anything" syndrome?

Im still analysing your last sentence tho "because it don't matter what I someone will thank its scummy".. You left out the verb "do" or "say" and said "thank" instead of Think..

"Thank the scummy??" Very fishy

Only one conclusion possible: this sentence is code for:

Because it don't matter what I AM someone will thank me im a scummy
Colonel SoN!c

Postby Razorvich on Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:08 am

Ragian wrote:

Hear a bit more what? Do you not think we're participating enough?

2 points on ragian and pepe

Ragian... called me out being a grammer nazi .. yeah i saw that
I also saw what you did in the prison mafia mate... NO way i will trust anything you say

PEPE... a late addition, AFTER the MOD said that if we don't get a final confirmation.. things may have to be changed.
This to me says that a SPECIAL character did not accept his invitation .. you joined... and that that makes you scum mate.

mark my words here... these 2 are not to be trusted
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Lieutenant Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Maxleod on Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:36 am

Razorvich wrote:[
PEPE... a late addition, AFTER the MOD said that if we don't get a final confirmation.. things may have to be changed.
This to me says that a SPECIAL character did not accept his invitation .. you joined... and that that makes you scum mate.

Raz is making a very good point here :o
Lieutenant Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:23 am

Maxleod wrote:
Razorvich wrote:[

Raz is making a very good point here :o

I very much disagree. If you move from an 9 player to a 8 player setup, the balance suddenly shifts whether it's mafia or town that is being removed. Even though we are with much more, having 1 less player might mean that the setup required moving 3 scum to third party or whatever, I think it's not close to being strong enough to accuse.
General Extreme Ways

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives