Conquer Club

Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Capulet Victory. +Paris+John

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romeo and Juliet Mafia - Capulet Victory. +Paris+John

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 am

Win conditions:

the green faction had a complicated win condition, but this was balanced by their great survivabilty (however people REALLY wanted them dead in this game unfortunatly)

the conditions were:
- Both Vigs needed to die
- Count Paris needed to die
- Romeo, Juliet and Brother Lorenzo needed to be alive
- If the above conditions are met, any day after that ends in a no-lynch would win them the game. (succesfully restored peace)
- If the above conditions are impossable because one of their essential party members died, they'd get an alternative win condition, at the end of this post)

Romeo was allowed to hide each odd night, making him untargetable by the Montegue Vig (who was only able to kill on odd nights) while the Montegue Doc was able to protect him on Even nights, if the Montegue Doc would find out he's a montegue (Brother John only reported Montegue, Capulet or No-Family, but it would not report anyone in the R&J Faction, that's why romeo was flagged as a Montegue) It would probably be smart to play as a montegue and ask for protection from them at least long enough to win the game, as the R&J faction needed some time to claim their win, as 3 players needed to die.

Juliet would revive if she died for whatever reason (she'd take a fake poison, even when she'd be lynched, she'd take the poison before the lynch would happen) she'd revive in 24 hours after that (however based on the play i think 48 hours would be more appropriate) EXCEPT if either romeo or Lorenzo are dead. If romeo died, she'd suicide (she'd kill herself in the same way romeo died, as in the play, in the play she technically did not die from the same cause as romeo, but she attempted to poison herself with the poison that killed romeo, after that failed she stabbed herself with his dagger)

Brother Lorenzo was completely invinsable until Prince Escalus died, after that, he'd be a regular VT, except that he also was a priest (could not hammer) and he activated the revival ability of Juliet, as well as the win condition for their faction)

Prince Escalus could prevent a lynch to save himself, and if he know who his party members were, he could save them too.

i hoped these safety measures would be enough to keep them alive a bit longer.

Montegues/Capulets

they simply had to kill the other family (not including Romeo or Juliet, however, they both didn't know that Romeo/Juliet were not counted as their family)

Survivors

Just regular survivors

Alternate endings/shared win conditions:

If Romeo or Juliet died, they'd both die, however if the rest of their party was still alive, they'd became regular survivors, they'd lose their protection too, however Prince Escalus would still have his 2 denies (however he'd not automatically save himself anymore)

If Brother Lorenzo died (which happened) R&J would become survivors, they'd just marry each other after one of the families died and live somewhere far away, Juliet would lose her reviver ability, they'd both be allowed to talk each night instead of every other night, but romeo would still have his hide ability.

Brother John was able to win together with all factions, however Count Paris could only win together with both of the families, as his death was a requirement of the win condition of R&J. R&J could technically 'win' (as survivors) together with the families, however their main WC was to restore peace.

If R&J would win, the ending scene would depend on who was alive, noone would really 'lose' but only the R&J faction would really 'win'. It would have been the best scenario for most of the players though.

i think i got it all covered now.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 am

wow that was so cool =D>
Great game!

I knew the vigs alternated nights, but I didn't realize the docs did too. On the key night when General was killed, I protected him in case we could restore peace, but that must have been my night off. So I didn't doc him and he died. Oh well. I We still won. And now I'm queen! 8-) (actually that sounds so weird to me because I'm a guy but I'll just go with it for now).

I think the masons was a good idea, tho I couldn't figure out how it fit into our charts.

And no apothecary?

Also I completely called it that there were 6 members of each family. Altho R&J didn't count, I thought they did when I made that estimate.

Are you going to name MVP or should we vote on it?

I really enjoyed this game

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 am

you can vote on mvps
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby SPARTACUS1974 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:55 am

great game i enjoyed this 1
Sergeant SPARTACUS1974

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:10 pm

I want to say either dazza for spreading valuable info or pmc for rallying the capulets.
edoc also comes to mind for being the biggest activist for restoring peace. general also helped with this

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby SPARTACUS1974 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:23 pm

im thinking the general wow was his role hard lol
and it nearly drove him insane ,
dazza had a great role and his info was vital.
Sergeant SPARTACUS1974

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Edoc for trying and fighting that hard to bring enough players around to his WC ;)
Private jgordon1111

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Great game Zimmah =D> =D> =D>

I'm glad they never restored peace. Peace is boring :twisted:
Corporal dazza2008

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Also I would say edoc or pmc for MVP. Edoc lost but he played it well. Just happened that the numbers wen against him.

pmc helped loads to clear things up and help us move forward.

I really enjoyed my role. I shat my pants when it looked like I was for the lynch day 1 though :o
Corporal dazza2008

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 pm

i also think edoc did very well, he was just quite unlucky that a mayority of the players wanted him dead and he was voted down even before he had a chance to speak.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby alt1978 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Great game zimmah...that was good fun. I can verify that the capulet masons were using our power of discussion quite liberally. Thanks zimmah...thanks also to pmc for clearing so much up for me and teaching me a ton about the game.

I vote pmc for mvp...but i'm probably biased since i was masoned with him.

Anyway, great time.
Thanks again for the game.
Major alt1978

Postby pmchugh on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:24 pm

alt1978 wrote:Great game zimmah...that was good fun. I can verify that the capulet masons were using our power of discussion quite liberally. Thanks zimmah...thanks also to pmc for clearing so much up for me and teaching me a ton about the game.

I vote pmc for mvp...but i'm probably biased since i was masoned with him.

Anyway, great time.
Thanks again for the game.

Your very welcome!

Also fantastic game zimmah I had great fun trying to find the vig and then trying to save him when I realised I had been partially duped by edoc and thegeneral.

My mvp would go to either (biased again) but alt because he argued in our pm's that we should try for a the capulet win and that it was possible (at first I thought we had no chance with alternating night kills) as well as staying under the radar as a capulet. Edoc and thegeneral also get a nomination for controlling the families really well, they looked certain to win at one point.

Good game all :D

show: My notes on game
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Finally a win as 3rd party survivor. I've had terrible luck with them, I think I'm 1-5 now. I seemed to have replaced too late to really influence the game much besides voting power, so I'll vote for pmc for MVP because he steered the lynches.
Captain safariguy5

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:46 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Finally a win as 3rd party survivor. I've had terrible luck with them, I think I'm 1-5 now. I seemed to have replaced too late to really influence the game much besides voting power, so I'll vote for pmc for MVP because he steered the lynches.

I think that is my first win as 3rd party survivor too. Second time lucky for me. 8-)
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Leehar on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:24 pm

I was kinda rooting for the 4th party to win, but was just easier to go with the flow, and I'm king now so s'all good ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm

The game probably shouldn't have been over. I actually didn't reach my WC.

All Montegues were supposed to be dead for me to win.

Also, those of you voting for edoc or general as the MVP: :roll: Losers should not get the MVP.

Additionally, I think it was silly to alternate vig kills without actually telling the vigs. What was the point of that?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 pm

chapcrap wrote:The game probably shouldn't have been over. I actually didn't reach my WC.

Also, those of you voting for edoc or general as the MVP: :roll: Losers should not get the MVP.

Additionally, I think it was silly to alternate vig kills without actually telling the vigs. What was the point of that?

i explained that in a previous post.

i also disagree with losers not being allowed to MVP. a good player can lose even though he played very well, you can't control everything.

and i chose to endgame it because the montegues had no real way of winning anymore, even the two masons in the capulet side would eventually be able to win the game if needed, and capulet had ther whole house while montegue only had 2 players left, and pmc (and probably others) knew exactly who was in which team. it would have just taken 1 more speedlynch day like the last 2 and another predicatable night.

no need to prolong the game when the outcome is clear.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:07 pm

zimmah wrote:
chapcrap wrote:The game probably shouldn't have been over. I actually didn't reach my WC.

i also disagree with losers not being allowed to MVP. a good player can lose even though he played very well, you can't control everything.

and i chose to endgame it because the montegues had no real way of winning anymore, even the two masons in the capulet side would eventually be able to win the game if needed, and capulet had ther whole house while montegue only had 2 players left, and pmc (and probably others) knew exactly who was in which team. it would have just taken 1 more speedlynch day like the last 2 and another predicatable night.

You didn't explain it in a previous post. You explained why it was like that for balance reasons. You didn't explain why the vigs were left in the dark about it. If you would have let the game run its course before ending it early, safari would not have won as third party. He was likely going to be lynched today. So, the winners would have been different.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby pmchugh on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:30 pm

I disagree we were a faction, if a faction + survivors has 50% of players then they win.
Major pmchugh

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:34 pm

This game seems like it just started. Congrats to those who won. I am curious to see edoc's postgame comments.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I am curious to see edoc's postgame comments.

Me too. Generals too. Did he not promise "Someone is going to get verbally ass fucked" :o :shock:
Corporal dazza2008

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

chapcrap wrote:
zimmah wrote:

You didn't explain it in a previous post. You explained why it was like that for balance reasons. You didn't explain why the vigs were left in the dark about it. If you would have let the game run its course before ending it early, safari would not have won as third party. He was likely going to be lynched today. So, the winners would have been different.

you could be right about the survivors indeed. maybe i did end it prematurely, but the game was basically 'over'.

and i didn't tell the vigs because i wanted to let them figure it out themselves. some people realised it and posted in the forums that they thought the vigs had alternating nights, you didn't seem to pick it up or believe it though.

i did write that some roles may have twists, known or unknown.

i also think this theme could also be used as a more open setup, where you have 3 or 4 possible role combinations that are known from the start, and one of those role combinations is chosen at random. (like a c9)
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby edocsil on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:28 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:This game seems like it just started. Congrats to those who won. I am curious to see edoc's postgame comments.

RAAAAAAGE!!!!

Absolutely NO WAY for my original WC to happen due to events under my control.

IF Paris randomly died, and Juliet, I and Lawrence AND the Governor all lived (i didn't know governor existed) we could have done a gov style NL to win. Otherwise I basically have to convince 10 odd guys or so to do a NL. Hard to sell.

Oh, here is the trick, if I won, every surviving family member lost. So I had to get this WC done before one family was wiped out, and convince every survive family member to lose.

And I am a MOTHER FUCKING HIDER/LOVER. One who could hide every other night.

I mean, Jesus.

So the Lawrence dies (He had to live as per my WC) Guess what happens? All I have to do is live till the end of the game to win.

WHAT THE f*ck!

So it goes from impossible to embarrassingly easy. Anyone think my gameplay MIGHT have been just a touch different if I knew I just had to hide to win???

And then I was speed lynched. Thanks guys.

Now I am just venting pretty hardcore, but DAMN this game has me pulling out my hair. 4 roughly equal factions is a bear to balance, but my WC was as it is, and the others had to merely survive/kill off another faction. I had no kill, no nothing. I was a little hard to kill, so was general, but for fucks sake with incompatible WCs from the rest of you this was never, ever going to end with me and Juliet wining.

Ever.

:x
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Romeo and Juliet Mafia

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:18 pm

pmchugh wrote:Hey I would be interested in hearing your post game comments, the game is now over.

Ghostly, bleed_green, newguy1, if you are easily offended, don't read this.

show: Endgame Comments
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Postby pmchugh on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Kinda wished I hadn't asked. It is fair enough to criticise a persons play or lack of activity but you don't need to stoop to saying, "You're fucking retarded".
Major pmchugh

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives