Conquer Club

Rolegift Mafia, All Present

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rolegift Mafia, Day Five, Hello, my name is....

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 pm

We'll find out soon enough. :D

vote Tails
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby naxus on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 pm

gotta love Excel, right spiser

vote tailz
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:48 pm

spiesr wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:As I can't make up any lie at this point, I must follow Kwan and tip my king. Sorry, and gg all. I really liked this game set-up, and would like to see some sort of continuation, however I have a few points about how to level the game a bit, but I'll wait till the game finishes.
So, are you the last scum, or do we have one more to find?

As much as I hate giving up like this, I would never sell out a team mate...so you'll have to find out the hard way, as I won't tell you whether I do or do not have a scumbuddy left. :D

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:52 am

Very nice there spiesr. I knew the caramel gifter was probably scum.

unvote vote tails
Captain safariguy5

Postby / on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Vote Count

haggis; 1 vote: ta1ls

TA1LGUNN3R; 4 votes: Commander9, Haggis_McMutton, naxus, safariguy5
8 alive 5 to lynch
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Skoffin, end my suffering already!

-Tails

Postby Skoffin on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Your will is my command.
vote tails
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby / on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:52 pm

The town placed the blame on the man responsible for the recent tooth decay outbreak, Spiesr mumbled obscenities and death threats in pain while the other townies cornered him, "I thought you said you got your own gift!" "I did, they are quite tasty, see?" he said popping one in his mouth.
"Give us some!" demanded Commander9
"hno hrrr mof ual" replied Tails
"What was that?" asked Haggis
"No we're mafia?" stated naxus hoping to get him lynched while there were still some left
Safariguy tried to grab Tailgunner but he pulled out a gun
Skoffin tackled him from behind causing him to choke on his sugary treat.

Tailgunner, Mafia Voteless Gifter, Has been lynched!
Mafia has been eliminated!

Town if free to exchange gifts with their friends in time for Easter or something.

Town Wins!
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Commander9 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Spiesr = MVP =D> =D> =D>

Well done guys - I was prodded just in time for glory :lol:
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby kwanton on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:59 pm

spiesr wrote: One thing that I find interesting to note is that kwanton had the tracker and sane cop gifts that night. Have a scum mate claim to have blocked you is an easy way for the scum to prevent those gifts from helping the town in any way without having to risk lying about the results.

very well played game by spiesr :D ya figured it out :P

Now that it doesn't matter, I can say that I really did send my gift to PCM the other night and I tried to kill aage. Unfortunately PCM busdrove himself with aage and completely stopped my strategy :evil: It was to throw you guys off and get PCM even more on my side. I was hoping he would lead a lynch on naxus the next day without me having to lift a finger :). And he wouldn't suspect me since I sent him the gift and he believed gifts aren't aligned with roles.

With a dead aage and live PCM, I think this game would have swung to the scum side. Squirrel with his commuter gift was also a huge loss to scum early.

Well played guys. GG. :)
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby / on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 pm

kwanton mafia jailkeep
Campin_Killer tailgunner mafia voteless
Mr. Squirrel mafia commute
safariguy5 doc
ga7 kill
aage lynch stop
naxus mason
Haggis_McMutton tracker
Skoffin watcher
The Weird One pancakemix roleblock
Fircoal busdrive
karelpietertje vote steal
spiesr cop
Commander9 insane cop

By the way, to clarify some speculation, yes the gifts were random and not associated with an alignment, I would have reshuffled if it was the sane cop or doc, but otherwise random.
I liked how the shuffle turned out personally, the commute could have been used as a makeshift investigation immunity, replacing the godfather, voteless and jailkeep are also usable in the right situations.

Gift Text

You have received a package of cheese! (Jailkeep) For heavenā€™s sake don't open it! the smell..... it permeates through not only the wrapper and the box, but through every sense in the human brain, it seems to be some very fine aged blend, or maybe just some unrefrigerated cheddar? You may give it to a friend or enemy, on one hand it will surely render the recipient unconscious, negating all actions made by them that night, on the other hand there is no killer brave enough to approach anyone in a 50 foot radius of said recipient, insuring they come to no harm that night. Use it wisely, but more importantly get it out of here!

You have received a box of caramels! (voteless) they are rather addictive mhhhhhhmnomom and more to the point hmnomomom sticky, you have lost your vote for the next day phase, enjoy them!

You have received a one night pass to the dice museum! (commute) If you choose to use it now you can even catch the sideshow of how dice weight versus number of sides effects the length of the rolls, it's really boring, but no one would even guess where you are, negating all actions against you that night.

You have received a box of bandages! (doc protect) Well, you aren't a doctor, but this should do for the night, maybe? Well they probably won't be as good as new, but hey! there are some fun decals, use it on someone who has been attacked with a killing ability and they will survive the attack.

You have received a firework! (kill) it doesn't seem to have any decorations or safety instructions, it definitely isn't legal, and there is a fair chance it is just some repackaged anti-personnel weapon, but it will explode, and isn't that really all you want to know you psycho? if you choose to use it you may throw it at someone you want to kill.

You have received a cake! (lynch stop) it looks delicious, it must be eaten, but if you choose to share it you may prevent tomorrow's lynch, simply say you wish to use it at any time during the day phase before I post the lynch scene and the day will end without a lynch, but is a human life worth so many slices of cake?

You have received a pair of paper cup phones! (mason) The high tech string between them allows you to talk to someone else, the cup itself nullifies the conversation to everyone else in the room surpassing even the most high tech spy equipment, the only drawback is they tend to get soggy, send one end to someone else tonight and you will be able to talk with them by PM for the following day and night phases, ending the day phase after next, there is no penalty for choosing to talk with scum.

You have received a magnifying glass! (tracker) What is the first thing that comes to mind with a new magnifying glass? setting fires? Uhhh yeah, but in this case you want to play detective now, it won't actually help you see where the person you are stalking is going, but it has inspired you to stalk someone! choose a player, and see any person(s) they target with an action that night.

You have received a glowstick! (watcher) it isn't very bright and can only light up one person, unless of course they are compelled to rave. you may use the glow on any person including yourself, you will see all players who target them that night.

You have received a rope! (roleblock) it would be pretty fun to tie someone up, tie it in a lasso, trip them, whatever, it will prevent them from making any actions that night, logically you should be able to use it more than once, but....boy they look angry, Run! leave the rope!

You have received a pair of Name Tags! (busdrive) oh the fun you can have writing names on them, if you are in a mischievous mood you could even switch names with someone! (do not try this at home, identity theft is a crime)
send me any two names, even your own if you choose, these two players will change places for the night, receiving any actions targeting the other.

You have received a $5.00 gift card to the Bulk Gift Store! (votesteal) the favorite place for you and your friends to shop for each other, $5.00 can buy a whole crate of gifts, unfortunately the store closes after Christmas, you can always bribe someone with it. send it to any player at night and take their vote for the next day phase to be controlled by sending me PMs.

You have received a Library Guest Card! (cop) yeah library cards are free, but you have to pass a background check, and well... anyways why don't you try it out? send me a name and look it up in the library registry, finding out their alignment.

You have received an Ouija board! (Cop) tap into the powers of the arcane in order to determine the alignment of those around you! just ask a name and let the spirits tell you the rest. Warning: Ouija board is not up to professional psychic standards, summoning the dead will result in spontaneous board combustion. use in a well ventilated area.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Actions

Sorry I'm so disorganized, Great Idea using spreadsheets. ;)

The use of the busdrive was hilarious :lol:

Day1
Two sends gift to skoffin
Safari gives gift to MR. squirrel
Kwan gives gift to squirrel
Squirrel gives gift to kwanton
Skoffin gifts kwan
Naxus gifts skoffin
Aage gifts commander
Fir gifts GA
Haggis gifts skoffin
Spiesr gifts safari
Karel gifts squirrel
GA gifts skoffin
Comm Gifts kwan

Night1

(Squirrel
doc protect skoff
jailkeep ga7 (comm)
watch myself
votesteal spiesr)

(Kwan
Kill Comm (GA)
Investigate comm. (GA)
commute)

(GA
Switch GA with comm)

(Skoffin
Roleblock TWO
Track safari
Mason Haggis
Kill no one)

(Safariguy
Investigate squirrel)

Day 2
Mr. Squirrel to kwan
Spiesr to kwan
Haggis to kwan
Naxus to tail
Skoffin to tail
Kwan to tail
Commander9 to spiesr
Fircoal to aage
TA1LGUNN3R to safari
Aage to safari
Pcm to Chu
Safari to fircoal

Night 2
(Aage
Busdrives safari w/commander)

(tailgunner
Uses jailkeep on kwan
Mason with aage
watch fircoal)

(fircoal
Roleblock commander ((safari))
Protect safari ((comm)) )

(spiesr
Investigates skoffin)

(kwanton jailed
No commute
Investigate comm9
Track safari
Kill spiesr)

Day Three

Fir to pancake
Skoffin to safari
Haggis to safari
Comm To safari
Spiesr to safari
Kwan to pcm
Naxus to skoffin
Aage to safari
Pancake to kwan
Safari to fir

Night3
(Kwanton
Block naxus)

(Tailgunner
Kill aage ((Pancake)) )

(Skoffin
Mason pancake ((aage)) )

(Fircoal
Protect pancake ((aage)) )

(Pancakemix
Swap self with aage
Jailkeep safari)

(safari jailkept
use the ouija board on naxus

the Library card on pancakemix

tracker on aage

watcher on fircoal)

Day4
tail to spiesr
naxus to skoffin
haggis to safari
aage to naxus
fir to aage
safari to aage
skoffin to aage
spiesr to fircoal

Night4
(Tailgunner
Kill chu)

(Skoffin
mason w/ safari)

(Safari
Track naxus)

(aage
Switch w/ spiesr
Watch self: spiesr?
Protect safari)
Last edited by / on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks to you all for playing, I had a great time running this, I'm looking forward to any suggestions, maybe I'll try it again sometime.
Or if anyone else wants a crack at it you're welcome to it, I'd be glad to join.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby kwanton on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:37 pm

^^

Did block naxus btw. forgot to mention. And guessing PCM jailkept safari to protect him from a kill.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby spiesr on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:41 pm

A question for the mafia. When TAILGUNN3R blocked kwanton night 2 that prevented kwanton from killing me. Was blocking the kill intentional, or did you goof and had hoped that TAILGUNN3R would have been to one to commit the kill?
I has such horrible luck with my choices for my gift. Sent it to scum who got blocked night 2, safari who got blocked night 3, Fircoal who got killed night 4. My plan for today was to send it to safari again figuring that he would most likely have doc protection unless he sends his gift to scum.
Captain spiesr

Re: Rolegift Mafia, All Present

Postby kwanton on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Intentional. I was trying to have u guys make the connection that the kill was sent in on me and the protection from jailkeep saved me. Especially with the second roleblock and doc and busdriver still alive it would create confusion enough to save me even if you guys didn't believe me. I didn't think it through enough tho and everyone figured it out.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby kwanton on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 pm

ABWOP:

I sent the kill in anyway in case tail was blocked. also since I received the watcher gift I had no worries about being found out except for the off chance someone watched spiesr and he was pretty low profile at that point in the game if memory serves.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah, I thought it was Fircoal who had saved me on Night 2, so I sent him bandages again as a subtle hint that it was me who had them. Dunno if he figured it out, but it wasn't like I could tell everyone about it.

I think I really got lucky with the investigation Day 1, but Mr. Squirrel did a really good job almost talking his way out of it.

Nice game all around, the gift mechanic really makes things interesting.
Captain safariguy5

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:19 pm

kwanton wrote:^^

Did block naxus btw. forgot to mention. And guessing PCM jailkept safari to protect him from a kill.

Yeah. It didn't occur to me that he might get a sizable number of gifts. :? Turned out for the best, it seems though.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:15 am

gg guys. I definitely liked this set-up. However, I think with every player having a gift, it became easier to spot us mafia. Just a thought, but if only a certain percentage of the players were gift givers, and others would just be regular VTs, then it might make things more challenging. However I guess the random gift alignment helped. I mean I guess one could argue that I should've stopped gifting the caramels to appear more townish once I learned what they were (or saved it for like the last day in the event that I had made it that far).

-Tails

Postby Fircoal on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Yeah, I thought it was Fircoal who had saved me on Night 2, so I sent him bandages again as a subtle hint that it was me who had them. Dunno if he figured it out, but it wasn't like I could tell everyone about it.

Yea, I got that hint. x3

I also did a thing to try to find out who had what gift but it only confirmed my idea that safari was the doc so of course I said nothing about it. x3

I must say people who get my gift. STOP USING IT TO KILL YOURSELFS! D< SILLEHS!!!

Also I sent my gift on Night 4? I thought after all the killing of the people who get my gift I just decided to not send anymore.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives