Conquer Club

Halo: The Mafia: Day 6: End of the World as we KnowIt (9/25)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Halo: The Mafia: Day 6: End of the World as we KnowIt (9

Postby everywhere116 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:16 pm

How can the cult recruit mafia? Isn't that horribly unbalanced?
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby edocsil on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:57 pm

It is, as we have just seen. It renders the game pointless.

Edit: to elaborate, when the cult knows the entire scum team the game is basically over. All the scum get recruited, and by then there is no threat to the cult, and the town is likely badly deteriorated enough that the cult will win outright.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jak111 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Sorry for the long time guys >.< I'm too sore and tired to complete all the roles today, I saved the list earlier hoping I'd feel better to get it done tonight, but I can't stand my arm atm >.< I'll try for all the info up tomorrow.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby zimmah on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes, not having the two cops around, while also knowing the mafia near the end of the game really helped. And while at the start of the game I tought it would be impossible to stay alive and win. (if I died, the whole flood would die with me). I started to realize that the goal was getting closer pretty fast.

At first I recruited shaggy who helped me a lot with his wisdom and joat powers. After that I recruited xraider but he got himself lynched right after that, which was a minor setback. Then I recruited safari and he ratted out the rest of the scum, do I recruited red and tried to get doom lynched, which was pretty easy with all the backup. It didn't even matter if I'd get exposed because half of the players were allready on my side. Gg.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby edocsil on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Basically. Also, the JOATs were bastard modding with the sanities and the number of them, and cult are NEVER supposed to have night powers, especially if they can recruit scum.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby zimmah on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 pm

edocsil wrote:Basically. Also, the JOATs were bastard modding with the sanities and the number of them, and cult are NEVER supposed to have night powers, especially if they can recruit scum.

I was told they'd lose their powers but they had like one shot I believe.

But ye, game was imbalanced.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Ability to recruit mafia was pretty gamebreaking IMO. Well, what can you do? Nice going cult.

Either way, town made it easy for both sides I was on by taking out the investigative roles for me. And this was even after I spotted town a lead by taking out a mafia player as the Vengeful Third Party too.
Captain safariguy5

Postby zimmah on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:50 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Ability to recruit mafia was pretty gamebreaking IMO. Well, what can you do? Nice going cult.

Either way, town made it easy for both sides I was on by taking out the investigative roles for me. And this was even after I spotted town a lead by taking out a mafia player as the Vengeful Third Party too.

Yes but who expects a game with 2 sane cops anyway?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby samgrossy on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 am

What the hell was the Chuck posting all about? Anyone know now? Chuck?
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby ShaggyDan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 am

After getting recruited on night 2 I slwas still telling the truth about targets (in case of a tracker) but lied about results... I probably could have played a bit more risk-ly and put out some blatantly fake results, but we won fairly convincingly anyway.

I'm keen to see the full list of roles before I comment on balance, potentially 3 busdrivers make games very convoluted. I'm surprised newguy didn't out himself wjen town was wallowing around in mystery.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:29 am

Regardless, I liked the theme and thought that with everyone gettin to know each other better the gameplay was great to watch!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby jak111 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:55 am

ROLES

thehippo8

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Zachery, Vanilla Townie.

You’re a 31 year old navy captain, you own a ship, although you do not get much say as to what goes on around it, for you are usually busy navigating the ship in unknown territory.

You only have the power of your vote. No night actions.

You win when all threats to the UNSC have been neutralized, go report in soldier!

pancakemix

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Kyle, Vanilla Townie.

You work comm on the bridge. You’re hands are usually busy taking care of communications throughout the ship and communications with other ships.

You win when all threats to the UNSC have been neutralized, go report in soldier!

soundman

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Jillian, Vanilla Townie.

You’re a 25 year old defence system coordinator working on the bridge. You are usually busy with defensive maneuvers when the ship is under attack. You are also in charge of supplying access to the ship’s lower armoury.

Kageryuu

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Opal, Vanilla Townie.

You work the ship’s life support systems up on the bridge. Your hands are tied down with keeping things running smoothly so you won’t be much help without other actions.

Iron Butterfly

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Jacob, a paranoid flood survivor.

You are a 19 year old petty officer first class. You witnessed the events of Halo and remember seeing your colleges being devoured and used by those flood creatures. You survived because you were put into a coma during a mission to lock down all of the caves so the Flood would not be able to sneak into the base. Your fellow soldiers helped you onto a medical ship, and that was the last time you saw any of them alive. Through fears and nightmares you keep murmuring to yourself about the Flood, while everyone around you believes you are crazy.

You must mention “The flood are coming” each day. You may try to hide this in a paragraph but this MUST be said in a post sometime during the day, failure to do so will result in a mod kill. (also no putting this into quotes, you do NOT want your role given away).

Samgrossy

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Keith, a survivor.

You are a 48 year old military veteran. You’ve seen things no man should see, you’ve endured things no man should endure, you’ve kept secrets no man should have known. You’ve lost count of the number of times you’ve managed to escaped death, but if you were a cat, you know 7 of your lives have already been wasted away.

Besides being hardened from your past experiences to be able to get out of one more fatal face off, you only have the power of your vote.

Jonty

Sir, welcome to the UNSC, you are Ray, Town JOAT

You were part of the Spartan III program in its early stages. You are specialized in demolitions and can quickly disarm a nuke in mid-air if need be. You’ve been relaxed lately due to a serious injury in the battle of Mamore. Since then you have come out okay.

As JOAT you have the following powers, each may only be used once and only one may be used each night.
~ 1 Busdrive
~ 1 Hide
~ 1 Kill
~ 1 Stop Lynch (This is to be used in day time and will not affect your ability to use an action at night)

X-Raider

Sir, welcome to the UNSC, you are Phillip, Town JOAT and Mason

You were part of the Spartan II program. The other Spartan II’s are like your brothers and sisters, as such you have access to know the other Spartans. You specialize in close quarters combat. Your rank is at Captain, however on the ship you are taking orders from the captain of the ship. You’re the athletic type that is always ready for a fight, and the more kills, the better.

As JOAT you have the following powers, each may only be used once and only one may be used each night.
~ 1 Kill
~ 1 Track
~ 1 Watch
~ 1 Busdrive

As Mason you know Edocsil is another Spartan. But you may not communicate in pm’s at all.

Edocsil

Madame, welcome to the UNSC, you are Holly, Town JOAT and Mason

You were part of the Spartan II program. The other Spartan II’s are like your brothers and sisters, as such you have access to know the other Spartans. You specialize in long distance combat, but a few years ago while fighting the Insurrectionists, you took a shot in the hand, causing you to be temporarily disabled. Now, fully healed and back to full strength, you’re back to serving the UNSC.

~ 1 track
~ 1 watch
~ 1 protect
~ 1 kill

As Mason you know X-Raider is another Spartan II. But you may not communicate in pm’s at all.

LSU Tiger Josh

Hello miss, welcome to the UNSC, you are Isabelle, the Doctor

All your life all you wanted to do was to help people. With the war raging on now is your chance to do so, you’ve heard of soldiers coming back with handicapped functions, you wish to fix this and so you joined up and quickly rose in the ranks, becoming chief of the medical staff. If a soldier has a cough he comes to you, if a soldier has been shot he comes to you, if a soldier has an erectile problem, they come to you.. You’re the top qualified medical doctor in the UNSC to date, if they have a problem, you can cure it.

Every night you can send your target to protect through a pm to me.

Lord Voldemort

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Lillith, the Roleblocker

You are a 34 year old lieutenant in the UNSC. You’re a toughened veteran of the navy. You love to send people to the brig for whatever reason you can find if you don’t find someone who has been breaking the law you will send someone you dislike to the brig just to toughen them up more.

Every night you MUST send your target to role block through a pm to me. (you can’t go a night without using your power).

New Guy

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Andrew, the busdriver

Most of your life you forgot long ago. You remember you’re 43 years old and that you’re known as one of the top ONI spooks. You’ve meddled with the UNSC affairs in the war for far too long. You’ve gotten used to ordering people around so much that sometimes you forget their human. Ordering entire fleets to different sections of space to protect ONI sensitive material without letting anyone in the fleet know what it is they’re doing exactly.

Experience ordering people around you know how to put people in places they shouldn’t be while filling their spot with another. Send me two targets you wish to switch for the night via pm to me.

Chuck

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Gordon, Town Inspector

At 53 years old you expect to retire shortly. Long have your services been used by the UNSC to crack cases. Your main concern is the people’s safety of this ship. You will do whatever it takes to protect them.

You’re role is a mix of matyr and a name cop. Each night you target someone and learn their name, if a kill attempt is made on their life in any way, you will intervene and you will take their place in the kill.

Everywhere

Mister, welcome to the UNSC, you are Martin, the journalist.

You’re a 54 year old journalist. You make your living by exposing others for what they really are, or for what you make up they are. You live solely for the thrill of life and you live each and every moment like they were your last.

SPECIAL ROLE (read carefully):
As this special role character, you pick a target every night and keep tabs on them. (Target A N1, he is also targeted N2 + your N2 target). The journalist role will expose the PLAYER’s name if their character is mentioned in the scene, but not whether they are good or bad. This role has the potential of outing scum, but also power townies as well! So be careful! (Also, your character is mentioned in scenes, but not your name). Once you die, anyone you targeted will go back to being unknown in scenes.

Shaggy

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are George, the overseer.

You’re a 74 year old ‘boss’. You order people around with no one to fight back. You punish new recruits and reward servants well. You’ve been known to be quite cranky as well.

SPECIAL ROLE (read carefully):
This town almost works the same as a JOAT, in as it has multiple actions but unlike a JOAT you can perform multiple actions a night.
Every night you can do the following actions. (You cannot do any two of the same number beside them in a single night however).
~Silence someone(1)
~Busdrive two people(1)
~Watch Someone (2)
~Track Someone(2)
~Kill someone(3)
~Protect someone(3)
You MUST use one 1, one 2, and one 3 action EACH night, but you can’t do both of the same number in one night.

CrazyMilkShake

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Frank, the Cop

You’re a 24 year old private in the UNSC, you like to play mind games with your fellow squad mates and you tend to enjoy taking guesses at what other people’s specialties are.

Every night you can send your target to investigate through a pm to me. The results of your action will be given to you before the start of the next day.

Vodean

Soldier, welcome to the UNSC, you are Michael, the Cop

You’re a 28 year old male. Throughout your life you trained to become a cop, and through tough training, long hours studying, and a few night fights at a bar, you were accepted into the UNSC militia program. Over the years you developed your skills and grasped a hold of pointing things out about people not many others would see.

Every night you can send your target to investigate through a pm to me. The results of your action will be given to you before the start of the next day.

redhedge v2

You are Colby, Inssurrectionist Silencer

You believe you can work with the Covenant and as such your hatred for the UNSC has grown since you were a child. You want to see nothing of the UNSC left.

You may silence someone at night time, causing them to only be able to vote in the day time and have a SINGLE post of words (which they cannot mention they’re silenced in).

Your partners are ______, _______, _______, and Brandell you may communicate at night time ONLY.

You do not handle the kills, someone else does in your group.

You win when mafia are equal to or outnumber town.

Go confirm.

Brandell

You are Samantha, Inssurrectionist Bus Driver

You believe you can work with the Covenant and as such your hatred for the UNSC has grown since you were a child. You want to see nothing of the UNSC left.

You may switch two people at night. Whatever was supposed to happen to one person now happens to the other and vice-versa.

Your partners are ______, _______, _______, and redhedge v2 you may communicate at night time ONLY.

Go confirm.

Safari v2

You are Timothy, Inssurrectionist Role Blocker

You may block someone’s power each night, causing their power to be nulled.

Your partners are ______, _______, _______, and DoomYoshi you may communicate at night time ONLY.

Go confirm.

DoomYoshi

You are Westley, Inssurrectionist Doctor

You may protect someone nightly from all night kills.

Your partners are ______, _______, _______, and Safari v2 you may communicate at night time ONLY.

Go confirm.

Jgordon

You are Sarah, Inssurrectionist Seeker

You’re an ex ODST. You have trained hard over the years and have survived many battles. It’s time to take the fight to the UNSC by sabotaging their military plans. You know there are two separate groups of two on the ship who are working under cover. You need to find them if you wish to work with them.

Each day AND night you may pick a target, pm me the name. You know there are two groups of two mafia out there and if you find them you can communicate with them at night time and bring them together.

Your partners are ______, _______, _______, and ________, you may communicate at night time ONLY.

You handle the mafia kills until you find the others, then it may be decided between you all.

Go confirm.

redhedge

You are Taark, Hunter Brother 1

You and your brother Uuta have grown up together. No one understands siblings like you two do. Your bond is so close together that you share the same weakness and powers.

Both of you have a few perks about you.

Bullet proof: Cannot be killed at night. (Passive)
Hunting Pack: A kill at night (must be sent by the both of you, you may discuss this, but it must be the same name). (Action)
Brotherly Love: If one of you should die, the other gets to choose a final target before dying. (Passive)
Close Bond: May pm each other at day AND night. (Passive)

Your brother is _______

You win when you and your brother are equal to or outnumber town.

In case you don’t know, passive means it’s always active. Action is activated by your use of it.

Safari

You are Uuta, Hunter Brother 2

You and your brother Taark have grown up together. No one understands siblings like you two do. Your bond is so close together that you share the same weakness and powers.

Both of you have a few perks about you.

Bullet proof: Cannot be killed at night. (Passive)
Hunting Pack: A kill at night (must be sent by the both of you, you may discuss this, but it must be the same name). (Action)
Brotherly Love: If one of you should die, the other gets to choose a final target before dying. (Passive)
Close Bond: May pm each other at day AND night. (Passive)

You brother is ______

You win when you and your brother are equal to or outnumber town.

In case you don’t know, passive means it’s always active. Action is activated by your use of it.

Zimmah

You are Jimmy, or at least you use to be before you became part of the flood, Flood Recruiter

You were once part of the UNSC, you even have the dog tag around your loosely hanging neck. You were infected by the parasites that got in through the cargo bay. Now you help them turn more people.

As the Flood Recruiter, each night you target someone to recruit, there’s a flood survivor out there that you can recruit instantly if you find him (Send in a pm, you only get one guess, so don’t waste it). During the night phase the person you target has a 75% chance of being recruited. Losing their night actions, but you can message them in the day phase (they can’t reply until the night phase).

Also, if you die, anyone under your control goes back to normal if they were infected if they were infected the night before, everyone else dies with you.

You win when you are equal to or outnumber town.

^ These are ALL of the role pm's HOWEVER, secret info will be coming up later today. (also night actions)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby new guy1 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:55 am

I didnt out myself because as soon as I outed myself I would have most likely been a target.

Fastposted
Sergeant new guy1

Postby samgrossy on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 pm

If you guys read my role, you see why I was confused about my alignment. I actually had to PM Jak to make sure that I was a town player, but by then it was too late, I had already claimed and I didn't want to start backtracking as it would make me look guilty. I had a great time playing the game and Jak was an awesome Mod
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 pm

samgrossy wrote:What the hell was the Chuck posting all about? Anyone know now? Chuck?

I was silenced two nights in a row. i could make a single "normal" post (but not mention that I was silenced) but the rest of the day i could only vote or unvote.

When you mentioned me being silenced I really thought it was a slip/tell because as I said it usually isnt one of the first things that comes to mind. I didn't know your most recent game had one. So i put my blinders on (and I apologize to town for my poor play) and tried to get you lynched because I really thought you were some sort of mafia silencer. the weird town survivor thing, which i saw as an inexperienced player making a bad fake claim, really had me convinced.

the weird voting stuff was me trying to show that i could post but only by voting. i unvoted/voted for more or less random people then voted samgrossy. somebody picked up on it, pancake i think, because I had silenced them a while back in a RT game and thats all they could do. In that game i actually said something about him being silenced because i knew he was probably getting lynched for his "odd" behavior. I guess I used my own meta to determine (incorrectly) that somebody else was scum.

I was under orders not to mention that i was silenced but i thought it was ok for me to talk about you silencing somebody (since i never claimed to be silenced, though admittedly it was an easy conclusion to reach) but i guess I went to far with it and jak had to mod kill me.

Bottom line is that I played really poorly.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby soundman on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 pm

To be honest as the game moved on I enjoyed it less and less. It was horribly unbalanced and I didn't agree with some of Jak's modding. Sorry Jak, but I thought it was a poor game. Nice attempt though for your first.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby ShaggyDan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:44 am

I don't know how unbalanced it was until the secret info is revealed. It could very will be perfectly balanced with the extra secret notes. Like my silence not going through on one night but my other powers hitting.

In any case, I'm keen to see a list of night actions plus the additional info :).
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:41 am

I have to say, Silencer is a very strong mafia role, and most of the town power roles were nerfed quite a bit.
Captain safariguy5

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives