Below are the rules as often used in Mafia games, borrowed from numerous Moderators in addition to a few new entries of my own creation (**Noted by the asterisks**). **Beware that any of these rules may change or fluctuate during game play, and you will be notified via Announcement in the game thread**
- 1. This game is moderated by me (pancakemix), I am the law. Whatever I say goes. If I make a mistake I’ll do my best to fix it. All roles will be given out randomly.
2. Do not quote any PMs you receive from the Mod. The only things you may post (loosely paraphrasing) are your roles (and anything associated with them), win condition, and alignment, during the active game. Once the game has concluded, feel free to post the rest of your personal information.
3. If you forget your role, or you delete it, that is your own fault. I suggest not doing either.
4. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be in bold. If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Guybrush Threepwood)
** If you vote two or more times consecutively without an unvote in between them, then the first vote will be the one that gets tallied. **
5. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, and once the majority has been reached any and all unvotes will not be counted.
6. Once your death scene has been posted, you are dead. You can no longer post anything revealing or of substance. Whining is alright, **Voices from beyond the grave** are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed.
7. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.
8. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you may do so.
9. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.
10. Day scenes I write will be fun and comical, don’t read too far into them. No clues or game information will be hidden in the text.
11. Joking in the thread is fine, but don’t let it get carried away and take over as spam.
12. Be attentive and active in the game. If I see you are not posting at all, I will prod all those who are inactive. If there is no timely response, you will be replaced.
13. Each game ‘day’ will not last more than FOUR 24 hour days. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the fourth 24 hour day, a ‘no lynch’ will be forced, sending the game into the night phase.
14. Similar, each game ‘night’ will not last more than THREE 24 hour days. I will remind all those who have night choices when the deadline is near. If at the end of the third 24 hour day I have not received your night choice, you will have lost your choice action (I.E. for mafia, there would be a ‘no kill’, etc).
15. If you have any questions about whether you should or shouldn’t do something, or just need some clarification, feel free to PM me.
Special thanks AK_iceman, from whom I borrowed most of these rules.