Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D2 25/25

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:49 am

Hmm, night scene may be hinting at someone who got their vote stolen. But nothing concrete.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:27 am

I assume you're referring to the man who felt his voice carried less weight, Safari? I was curious about that too wasn't sure what it meant.

As far as no kill. It seems like both the angels and demons were busy last night but I don't see any evidence that would suggest whether the kill(s) were stopped by role block or protection. With the exception of a possible guilty from a cop I'm gonna guess that most investigative roles did not find much of use.

there were a few cases from yesterday that I kind of felt went unfinished. I'll review them and see which I find worth following.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 pm

strike wolf wrote:I assume you're referring to the man who felt his voice carried less weight, Safari? I was curious about that too wasn't sure what it meant.

Yes, I think that's what he meant. (Well, upon re-reading it, it looks like it)
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

jonty125 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I assume you're referring to the man who felt his voice carried less weight, Safari? I was curious about that too wasn't sure what it meant.

Yes, I think that's what he meant. (Well, upon re-reading it, it looks like it)

that does make sense. can anyone confirm this? does anyone have any interesting actions?
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N1

Postby aage on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:46 pm

edocsil wrote:Knifes flashed (obviously there's a NK action), swords were drawn (yeah...), ropes were tied around struggling opponents (roleblocker?), flames burst (arsonist? I might be looking into this too literally) and lightning even struck the same place thrice (looks like someone was popular last night).

However, nothing happened, at least not that could be seen (so maybe things happened that we don't see, maybe a cult?). 25 beings assembled in the morning, more then slightly confused at their current number. Some felt a little confused (cult?), others felt their words carried less weight (I agree, someone got their vot stolen), but at least they all were present.

This is all I can gather at a quick glance.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:24 pm

well i can't add to the others interpretation of the night scene, but i hope its a good sign that no ones dead
Captain gregwolf121

Postby / on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:14 pm

"Lightning" may indicate the very uncommon "Lightning Rod" role, or some variation of it, if so, the actions might have been screwed up last night (or at least three of them)
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby DRoZ on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 pm

/ wrote:"Lightning" may indicate the very uncommon "Lightning Rod" role, or some variation of it, if so, the actions might have been screwed up last night (or at least three of them)

I would imagine this is the case, hopefully it is just a one shot, otherwise our power roles will be useless until we devise a plan to get around it.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby samgrossy on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 pm

No night kill... what are the chances with 25 players in a game? So we really are just having a big continuation with D1. Until someone comes forward with any night actions voluntarily, I think we still get to argue over very little info.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby Iliad on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Well, my vote was stolen, so that's what the night scene is referring to.

Good thing, I have two of them I suppose. Good work docs I suppose, it's a bit of an odd position that we're in day 2 and still no deaths though.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby jonty125 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:20 am

Iliad wrote:Well, my vote was stolen, so that's what the night scene is referring to.

Good thing, I have two of them I suppose. Good work docs I suppose, it's a bit of an odd position that we're in day 2 and still no deaths though.

Can I ask which vote? (the one in the thread, or the one by PM)
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:46 am

If we don't got any new information, I'd suggest a no lynch to FORCE some sort of action so we have results, better than accidentally lynching a town power role today.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby ShaggyDan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:52 am

I have nothing to report from the night.

jak111 wrote:If we don't got any new information, I'd suggest a no lynch to FORCE some sort of action so we have results, better than accidentally lynching a town power role today.

Town's power is our lynch, it would be silly to not at least attempt to use it. We can easily not lynch after a claim, but to rush straight into a no lynch and go to night is just ridiculous. So far the only info we have is a double voter being outed, applying pressure and getting some info is more likely to help us rather than hurt us.

Vote Jak for suggesting a no-lynch so early.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby jak111 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:40 pm

ShaggyDan wrote:I have nothing to report from the night.

jak111 wrote:If we don't got any new information, I'd suggest a no lynch to FORCE some sort of action so we have results, better than accidentally lynching a town power role today.

Town's power is our lynch, it would be silly to not at least attempt to use it. We can easily not lynch after a claim, but to rush straight into a no lynch and go to night is just ridiculous. So far the only info we have is a double voter being outed, applying pressure and getting some info is more likely to help us rather than hurt us.

But not in the case where we may out a doc, cop, etc to the mafia. If we always just look for claims without testing them we might as well not loook for them at all, this way they can at least have more information before being publicly exposed.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby F1fth on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:19 pm

In a "standard" game of mafia I would agree that there's no reason to force a bandwagon and make a lynch, especially since it's likely that scum were unable make a kill this first night. There's a good chance that this means our protective roles are making smart choices and a no-lynch would give our investigative roles more time to operate. Keep in mind a mislynch would effectively allow scum to catch up and is liable to happen given little evidence to go on at this point and a high town/scum ratio with no townies having died yet.

However, in a game as large as this there is a distinct possibility of a cult existing in which case every day that goes by is another opportunity for recruitment. So, I would side with Shaggy that we should indeed make use of our lynch today, or at the very least leave it on the table. I have my suspicions but before I gamble on conjecture, I'm going to go back over D1 and see if anything strikes me more powerfully the second time around.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby pancakemix on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 pm

jak111 wrote:

But not in the case where we may out a doc, cop, etc to the mafia. If we always just look for claims without testing them we might as well not loook for them at all, this way they can at least have more information before being publicly exposed.

That would rely on no one dying at al ever until we decide to lynch scum. Not going to happen.

Newbie logic for a Day 1 NL on Day 2? Are you feeling ok, jak?

Vote Jak
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby aage on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 pm

jak111 wrote:

There is always a chance that we out a doc or cop. vote Jak for disregarding the mafia ground rules.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jak111 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm feeling fine Pancake, but unless someone got information, it's best to leave the mafia in the dark and collect more and more info that we can use against them. Will someone die tonight? Most likely. Will we lose a power role by tomorrow, most definitely. However, we do not need to paint targets for mafia across the map, no, we need to keep them in the dark for now as much as we are and allow those with investigative roles get more information on what's going on.

With a game this size there COULD be up to 8 mafia, that's terrible to just start letting them get in without anyone with actions being able to counter their claims as to what they do.

To be honest, with a game this size and the number of it, I think angels are town, demons are mafia, and the humans are 3rd party. Though unless someone feels like giving us an example/claim I doubt I can really prove humans being in this game.

Have I lost my head? Maybe, but after playing over at Epic Mafia for what seems a longish time lately I have come to the realization that there are other ways to go about doing this. Taking advantage of a night with no kills is one of those advantages. To not take control of that advantage and gather more invaluable intel for the long days to come would be a waste. In fact, it'd be like the town wanted to lose.

We lynch/pressure today we most likely kill/out a town power role, we no lynch today and go into the night all the town pr's are anonymous and can work their magic in the night. Sure lynching is town's most powerful thing, but if we lynch with no real intel we are lynching blindly. To lynch blindly makes it easy for mafia to control votes, to let mafia control votes makes it more likely we lose 2 or more town powers by tomorrow than if we stay silent, leave mafia in the dark, and go into the night.

I dare you, tell me I'm wrong about our chances. If we don't use the valuable extra day of information now we wont get it later on when we gotta be constantly on edge.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N1

Postby samgrossy on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:11 pm

edocsil wrote:However, nothing happened, at least not that could be seen.

Let me ask a question about this. Did anything happen to anyone last night? I know that nothing happened TO me and no one died, but did someone receive something or did someone get some sort of message about a change in their character? This sort of this concerns me. This smacks of cult recruiting.

I think Jak is smoking crack. I think his idea, while may be good on premise (don't lynch to protect the town), really is way off base in practice. How the hell else are we supposed to get any info if we don't pressure people into making mistakes in the thread? What are we going to do, NL ourselves until night actions justify our claims? Let the mafia screw around with our claims by making fake night action claims? "Hey guys, let's rush to no lynch today" By then Mafia (or third party) wins. Stupid. Actually, as I sit here and type this, I think it is more and more idiotic. But, I know Jak is too smart a player to make a slip this big in the thread. Or maybe he's relying on that to clear him.

VOTE JAK the crack smoker.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Vote jak for his "logic"
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Iliad on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:08 pm

WTF? I know jak is wrong and all that, but the fact that 5 people have already jumped down his throat instantly is kinda telling isn't it? No jak, no lynch is not a good way to go, town needs to use day, creat discussion and force pressure. If we don't we won't have anything to go on in a few days time. Town doesn't win with night actions, it wins with discussion during the day.

But the fact that everyone chose to just vote jak instead of trying to explain that, seems to me like going for the very easy case instead of looking at some last day's cases. FOS latecomers to the developing wagon.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:53 pm

If there wasn't hint at a cult in this game, I would agree with Jak. However, the scene made it sound like there could be a possible cult so I don't want a no lynch at this point. Jak is right in rengards to the style of play and what people tend to do at epicmafia in this type of situation. Knowing your audience/players is important and if you know this site does not tend to do the no lynch 2nd day than it shouldn't be even suggested.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby jak111 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:58 am

Sha bam.. did you all really think I lost my mind that quickly? Look at this nice band wagon we got here ;) How many little piggies can we count on it? Out of the 6 or so voting I'd say 3. Easy bandwagons look attractive to mafia and like bugs to bug zappers they all fry down.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby aage on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:09 am

jak111 wrote:Sha bam.. did you all really think I lost my mind that quickly? Look at this nice band wagon we got here ;) How many little piggies can we count on it? Out of the 6 or so voting I'd say 3. Easy bandwagons look attractive to mafia and like bugs to bug zappers they all fry down.

You made three posts advocating your case and it rightfully earned you the votes you have now... Are you now claiming that you never supported a no lynch? I hardly believe you can call out people on attacking your stupid, stupid suggestion.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:53 am

well i agree that we shouldn't rush a no lynch, but i also think its a bad idea to vote jak at this point, cause his wagon growing to big to fast, but what we need to look into are cases, true jak needs to explain a bit more, but i don't recall there being any other major leads yesterday, i should go back and check though.
Captain gregwolf121

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives