Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Postby nagerous on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:37 pm

thehippo8 wrote:I agree that a vig seems very unlikely (unless so9meone is going to confirm a RB). So, how long do we wait for LSU?

This is annoying me, so in the interests of the game I will confirm that I did actually roleblock safari that night. Chosen at random.
Captain nagerous

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:32 pm

nagerous wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I agree that a vig seems very unlikely (unless so9meone is going to confirm a RB). So, how long do we wait for LSU?

This is annoying me, so in the interests of the game I will confirm that I did actually roleblock safari that night. Chosen at random.

And finally we get there. I can now reveal that I am the busdriver who switched Saf and Strike. Accordingly your roleblock worked on Strike and Strike must be the SK. I had been wondering whether and when to share this info. If, for instance, the vig simply didn't act last night then we now have two power roles outed. But I think it's worth it to remove the SK - assuming it does. Another alternative is that Nag is lying but we have no counter-claim (as of yet) so that indicates to me that nag is not lying. If we had a counter-claim now then it would be suspicious and worth the info. So, on that note ... unvote vote Strike.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Umm.. StrikeWolf is already dead. And also town...
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
nagerous wrote:
And finally we get there. I can now reveal that I am the busdriver who switched Saf and Strike. Accordingly your roleblock worked on Strike and Strike must be the SK. I had been wondering whether and when to share this info. If, for instance, the vig simply didn't act last night then we now have two power roles outed. But I think it's worth it to remove the SK - assuming it does. Another alternative is that Nag is lying but we have no counter-claim (as of yet) so that indicates to me that nag is not lying. If we had a counter-claim now then it would be suspicious and worth the info. So, on that note ... unvote vote Strike.
I think you might be confused here. For starters we already knew you are the busdriver. Nagerous blocked safariguy on Night 2, during which you took no action. I assume you are saying that you switched Safariguy and Strikewolf last night. Since Strike died last night this could indicate that Safari was targeted, but since Strike was a bodyguard we can't be certain.
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 pm

FYI for everyone. I am back. Will try to read up ASAP and present a case if i see one.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 am

Ill give lsu a day or so before a replace..Unless the mass calls for it now...I am setting a deadline at a week from now...
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Nendreel on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 pm

@Nagerous: Who did you RB on Night 3?

@gregwolf: It doesn't look like LSU will be back on time and his replacement will need time to get caught up, in the meantime do you want to have your say?

@Hippo: Could you clarify which night you bused Saf and Strike. I'm pretty sure of the answer, but I like to avoid assumptions when I can.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Alright, we still seem to be stalling here. So I am going to Vote for someone to try and induce action before we run out of time.
Since nagerous appears to be a Roleblocker or Jailkeeper, and since the were fewer kills on night 1 than nights 2 & 3, I Vote edocsil. There might be a connection between him being blocked that night and the number of kills.
Captain spiesr

Postby nagerous on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Nendreel wrote:@Nagerous: Who did you RB on Night 3?

@gregwolf: It doesn't look like LSU will be back on time and his replacement will need time to get caught up, in the meantime do you want to have your say?

@Hippo: Could you clarify which night you bused Saf and Strike. I'm pretty sure of the answer, but I like to avoid assumptions when I can.

Edocsil again as I wanted to test the connection between the kills on night 1 and night 3 and after I was outed as visiting him on night 1 he made no visible signs of complaint so I saw no harm at least.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm

I see no harm in not hiding this information, I am actually a jailkeeper so there is a protective element to the role as well, which should be taken into account.
Captain nagerous

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Ah, so it's indeed possible that I am not a 50% vig. I probably am insane though, so I'll just look for innocent results and since I'm outed, I'll just post my actions in the thread each day.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:13 am

nagerous wrote:Edocsil again as I wanted to test the connection between the kills on night 1 and night 3 and after I was outed as visiting him on night 1 he made no visible signs of complaint so I saw no harm at least.

Well that just wrecked a nice theory I had worked up. C'est lavie.

Anyways, we had fewer deaths on nights that edoc was jailed, so that's a good place to start.

vote edocsil
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Nendreel wrote:
nagerous wrote:Edocsil again as I wanted to test the connection between the kills on night 1 and night 3 and after I was outed as visiting him on night 1 he made no visible signs of complaint so I saw no harm at least.

Well that just wrecked a nice theory I had worked up. C'est lavie.

Anyways, we had fewer deaths on nights that edoc was jailed, so that's a good place to start.

vote edocsil

Not really? That is terribly circumstantial evidence. Unless you want to paint me a SK your point is probably moot. Beyond that is a Jailkeeper, so its just as like that I was targeted. In addition Batman's kill is the one who went through, so thank you for kindly proving I am not batman. Twice. I can't Prove I'm not a SK of any sort, not without more flavor info on the kills (or the setup itself, not much of a batman fan), but it is clear I am not your main threat. You should pick someone else on the basis of scummy posting history, rather then weak night flavor.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Nendreel wrote:Umm.. StrikeWolf is already dead. And also town...

Yes. He died night 3. That was because I switched the two. Someone tried to kill Saf and because of my busdrive they ended up killing strike. I take ownership of this mistake because it will hopefully assist us in moving forward. No doubt it also clear Saf, unless there is an SK and they were targeting saf! If I understand Edoc right, he is alluding to being an SK and that he targeted Saf because he believed Saf to be scum. If he is not willing to come clean on that issue then my vote will be on Edoc. But if he does come clean on the issue then the heat needs to be on Saf. Interesting times!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:41 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

Yes. He died night 3. That was because I switched the two. Someone tried to kill Saf and because of my busdrive they ended up killing strike. I take ownership of this mistake because it will hopefully assist us in moving forward. No doubt it also clear Saf, unless there is an SK and they were targeting saf! If I understand Edoc right, he is alluding to being an SK and that he targeted Saf because he believed Saf to be scum. If he is not willing to come clean on that issue then my vote will be on Edoc. But if he does come clean on the issue then the heat needs to be on Saf. Interesting times!

... Really hippo? Is that the best you can do? I'm not even remotely claiming to be an SK. Beyond the fact that it would be retarded to even imply it, my point was that I CANNOT be Batman, who should likely be your main concern. I have not killed, nor will I this game. That is a simple fact. Track me block me, idgaf. I do not kill.
Edoc'sil

Postby / on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:41 pm

"Not Batman" doesn't necessarily mean "not nightwing/robin/etc", but that's besides the point without more evidence, I would think edoc is a plausible target for most game night ones.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:22 pm

edocsil wrote:
... Really hippo? Is that the best you can do? I'm not even remotely claiming to be an SK. Beyond the fact that it would be retarded to even imply it, my point was that I CANNOT be Batman, who should likely be your main concern. I have not killed, nor will I this game. That is a simple fact. Track me block me, idgaf. I do not kill.

bold for emphasis
now unless im mistaken batman doesn't kill either, its the one thing he wont do, so i find it really interesting that you use this as an arguement, so FOS edoc,
Captain gregwolf121

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:
edocsil wrote:

bold for emphasis
now unless im mistaken batman doesn't kill either, its the one thing he wont do, so i find it really interesting that you use this as an arguement, so FOS edoc,

In order for batman to be scum he would have to kill, because he could possibly come down to being the last mafia member, therefore I laugh at your lack of common sense. Still, sorry for my inactivity I have had a little personal problem on my plate, so I will have dry-spells, just so you all know.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 pm

new guy1 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:
edocsil wrote:

bold for emphasis

In order for batman to be scum he would have to kill, because he could possibly come down to being the last mafia member, therefore I laugh at your lack of common sense. Still, sorry for my inactivity I have had a little personal problem on my plate, so I will have dry-spells, just so you all know.

Actually, it isn't totally dumb. I had been going over the same stuff early game. However the conclusion remains as new guy stated. Batman is scum, he must kill for this to make sense. Perhaps the "kills" are just knockouts or whatever to make it lore friendly. I don't really know.
Edoc'sil

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:
edocsil wrote:

bold for emphasis

Um LOL! Read N1 Scene. It's totally clear that Batman killed Strange. Anyhow Edoc based on Nag's argument of being a Jailkeeper can't be scum because Scum kills went in on N1 and N3.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 pm

rishaed wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:
edocsil wrote:

bold for emphasis

Um LOL! Read N1 Scene. It's totally clear that Batman killed Strange. Anyhow Edoc based on Nag's argument of being a Jailkeeper can't be scum because Scum kills went in on N1 and N3.

it says he was hung with batrangs on the floor, the batrangs could have been planted.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Guys, this is Batman mafia. If Batman weren't in it, I would be severely disappointed. I am pretty damn positive Batman is in it, so can we get off the subject of there not actually being a Batman in this game?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:47 pm

new guy1 wrote:Guys, this is Batman mafia. If Batman weren't in it, I would be severely disappointed. I am pretty damn positive Batman is in it, so can we get off the subject of there not actually being a Batman in this game?
I don't think anyone has suggested that Batman isn't here...
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:
rishaed wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:
edocsil wrote:

bold for emphasis

it says he was hung with batrangs on the floor, the batrangs could have been planted.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 pm

thehippo8 wrote:

Yes. He died night 3. That was because I switched the two. Someone tried to kill Saf and because of my busdrive they ended up killing strike. I take ownership of this mistake because it will hopefully assist us in moving forward...

And none of this explains why you're still voting for a dead townie whom you accused of being a SK, which is kinda what I was getting at.
Sergeant Nendreel

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives