Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 3 [10/13]

Postby Comrade Kirk on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:53 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
Comrade Kirk wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
Comrade Kirk wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Or I did what (forgive me if I give the wrong name, I dont have time to go back. The guy I pointed out and he said he gets it placed on him, etc.) djfireside did and gave a valid reason as to being one of the only options as to how he could be town. You know, that thing that I have been saying a few times. You need to take a different approach or youll get the same response.

Adam

My argument isn't for you. I don't expect to be able to convince you that you are scum.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Comrade Kirk wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
Comrade Kirk wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:
Comrade Kirk wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Or I did what (forgive me if I give the wrong name, I dont have time to go back. The guy I pointed out and he said he gets it placed on him, etc.) djfireside did and gave a valid reason as to being one of the only options as to how he could be town. You know, that thing that I have been saying a few times. You need to take a different approach or youll get the same response.

Adam

My argument isn't for you. I don't expect to be able to convince you that you are scum.

But hes giving a defense. Please tell me you recognize his defense as defense and not just random blabbering.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:58 pm

An explanation for my actions regarding Jonty on Day 2. My role is also Cop. That is why I was so intent on asking Jonty about his sanity. My Night 1 investigation was stubbsKVM and I got a guilty result. Unfortunately I was out of town Night 2 and didn't get my action in so that is all the data I have right now.
Since Jonty was correct on Betiko yesterday I am going to assume that he is sane and I am not. As such I now trust his result on stubbsKVM over my own.
I will post some more useful analysis tomorrow morning.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:01 pm

spiesr wrote:An explanation for my actions regarding Jonty on Day 2. My role is also Cop. That is why I was so intent on asking Jonty about his sanity. My Night 1 investigation was stubbsKVM and I got a guilty result. Unfortunately I was out of town Night 2 and didn't get my action in so that is all the data I have right now.
Since Jonty was correct on Betiko yesterday I am going to assume that he is sane and I am not. As such I now trust his result on stubbsKVM over my own.

Not all hope is dead, you may see the opposite results rather than the correct one... Or you may just be insane or whatever and see everyone as guilty.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:10 pm

spiesr wrote:An explanation for my actions regarding Jonty on Day 2. My role is also Cop. That is why I was so intent on asking Jonty about his sanity. My Night 1 investigation was stubbsKVM and I got a guilty result. Unfortunately I was out of town Night 2 and didn't get my action in so that is all the data I have right now.

Your character then?
Cadet ghostly447

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 2 [12/13]

Postby Comrade Kirk on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:12 am

Djfireside wrote:Rawls is a major ass yes, but as for mcNulty seeking vengence on him doesnt seem to fit. They go at it but its more Rawls being the protaganist. Not to mention the charecter moles his own division and asks for his own sake granted somewhat good, I would vote more third party on this as you stated there may be. As for importance , He can be up there but I wouldnt put him at the top. McNulty exists there is absolutely no doubt on that, and him being a cop fits. He was not corrupt so even with the bad blood I dont believe he would corrupt the result and with your lack of power and describing its usefulness later on doesnt boad well in this scenario for me

Vote Betiko

This is what DJ said about the Rawls defense. This is actually attacking the validity of what Betiko said, whereas ghostly provided a soft defense of Betiko's claim. As you can see, Ghostly was right about DJ mentioning the likelyhood of Rawls being in the game and having some sort of connection to McNulty, but Ghostly was the one who continued to push it as a valid defense. I stand by my argument. Ghostly made a soft defense of Betiko's story in the hope that it would sow doubt amongst the rest of us, he did it in such a way that he could maintain some distance from Betiko if nobody bought the Rawls story.

I recognise that Ghostly has tried to defend himself, but he implied that DJ defended Betiko before he did and we can clearly see that was not the case. Ghostly defended Betiko and now he is trying to mislead people into thinking that he was only following what DJ said. Far from defending Betiko, DJ actually attacked Betiko's defense and voted for him in the same post. That's about as far from what Ghostly did (and what he has subsequently implied) as you can get.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:12 am

Can we have a name please, spiesr? At this moment in time, I'm going to guess your an insane cop.

For those who don't know the different types of cop:
Town Cop - Standard Results
Paranoid Cop - Gets guilty every time
Naive Cop - Gets innocent every time
Insane Cop - Gets the wrong result everytime
Random Cop - Gets a random result.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby ghostly447 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Djfireside wrote:Im trying to determine if there is any other way that you could be who you say you are and for this still to work. I guess a mafia BD would cover it if they understand the role and understanding the players which a few fit the bill, framer may be a stretch but a possibility but not one I am leaning on.

In my head there are 3 possibilties. Its either you are a Mafia RB, You are third party and getting claimed as bad or there is a strange Tied Lover type connection between you two (which is a damn stretch), or you got BD'ed.

At this point I guess will have to watch how the chips fly and what others have to add since you have made a decent plea for yourself. You are wrong on your first thought, I am not an SK.

I will leave my vote where it is for now but curious to have others chime in.

'
Or Comrade Kirk could read DJ's next couple posts and find the one I already quoted. The one where he gives 3 possibilities as to how this could work out. Unvote (if I need to) Vote Comrade Kirk for blatant skimming, blatantly trying to leave out my supporting evidence to condemn me, and again for skimming since you clearly could not/did not read when I quoted Djfireside, this same quote, and you have been saying you understand I have made a defense. You clearly did not read it but still made an effort to continue debating against it, and therefore that reads scum to me. Trying to get me lynched with everything against you.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 pm

new guy1 wrote:Not all hope is dead, you may see the opposite results rather than the correct one... Or you may just be insane or whatever and see everyone as guilty.
Right, I could either be paranoid (useless) or insane (potentially useful if known). The problem is that I need to have an investigation come up innocent before I can know which it is, and since I missed Night 2 I only have one result so far.
Character is Detective Thomas "Herk" Hauk, for those who know more about the source and might be able to guess my sanity based on flavor.
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:17 pm

spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Not all hope is dead, you may see the opposite results rather than the correct one... Or you may just be insane or whatever and see everyone as guilty.
Right, I could either be paranoid (useless) or insane (potentially useful if known). The problem is that I need to have an investigation come up innocent before I can know which it is, and since I missed Night 2 I only have one result so far.
Character is Detective Thomas "Herk" Hauk, for those who know more about the source and might be able to guess my sanity based on flavor.

Ive never seen the show, but an idea if we want to use it is if it comes down to proving my role, we can plan for you to visit me in the night (this is if you are paranoid) to prove that I am a PGO. Just a suggestion and obviously there are problems like WIFOM and junk, but it might be an option...
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Spiesr, forgive me if you have already said, but you are claiming Cop. What character?

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:55 pm

spiesr wrote:

Literally on the last line of his post ghostly. Are you skimming, ghostly?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:27 pm

new guy1 wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Literally on the last line of his post ghostly. Are you skimming, ghostly?

Nah, didnt read up on it and we were going out. I wanted to make a quick post. Much appreciated, and take it however you like.

Adam
NG1
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 pm

new guy1 wrote:Ive never seen the show, but an idea if we want to use it is if it comes down to proving my role, we can plan for you to visit me in the night (this is if you are paranoid) to prove that I am a PGO. Just a suggestion and obviously there are problems like WIFOM and junk, but it might be an option...
Even if my power ends up being useless I am not sure it would be worth sacrificing myself to prove that...
Captain spiesr

Postby new guy1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:16 pm

spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Ive never seen the show, but an idea if we want to use it is if it comes down to proving my role, we can plan for you to visit me in the night (this is if you are paranoid) to prove that I am a PGO. Just a suggestion and obviously there are problems like WIFOM and junk, but it might be an option...
Even if my power ends up being useless I am not sure it would be worth sacrificing myself to prove that...

I understand that, I was throwing it out there for speculation.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Comrade Kirk on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:40 am

ghostly447 wrote:
Djfireside wrote:Im trying to determine if there is any other way that you could be who you say you are and for this still to work. I guess a mafia BD would cover it if they understand the role and understanding the players which a few fit the bill, framer may be a stretch but a possibility but not one I am leaning on.

In my head there are 3 possibilties. Its either you are a Mafia RB, You are third party and getting claimed as bad or there is a strange Tied Lover type connection between you two (which is a damn stretch), or you got BD'ed.

At this point I guess will have to watch how the chips fly and what others have to add since you have made a decent plea for yourself. You are wrong on your first thought, I am not an SK.

So kirk, why you going after me when dj decided to start it? Im sorry, but last I checked, if you are going to try to single someone out for a certain reason, you need to include everyone. I dont mind the pressure on me, but dont lose site of everyone else.

Adam

So here you claim that DJ "started it" and now you're pointing to a post he made after you made yours? Your defense is changing a little too often for my liking. Besides, DJ attacked Betiko's defense (and voted for him) before the post you quoted. You defended Betiko. It's completely different and is why my vote is on you.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:28 am

Comrade Kirk wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

So kirk, why you going after me when dj decided to start it? Im sorry, but last I checked, if you are going to try to single someone out for a certain reason, you need to include everyone. I dont mind the pressure on me, but dont lose site of everyone else.

Adam

So here you claim that DJ "started it" and now you're pointing to a post he made after you made yours? Your defense is changing a little too often for my liking. Besides, DJ attacked Betiko's defense (and voted for him) before the post you quoted. You defended Betiko. It's completely different and is why my vote is on you.

Oh, I posted before? I didnt realize that. Lets grab those quotes to make sure.

ghostly447 wrote:Similar to a previous game I played (pokemon 2? it was Dooms) I had a role where I had to live as a survivor, but also had to eliminate zimmah. This, or at least a variation of it, could give another possibility that Jonty needs him dead (because someone said that they hated each other) either ending the game with his win, or completing part of his personal agenda.

go back for those quotes. My defense hasnt changed a bit. It has always been that Djfireside spoke of ways to justify it, then I posted saying my input, the quote you are currently accusing me over. That has been my defense, and remains as my defense. I defended no one, I added my input to show what I was thinking of based on Djfiresides post, and my past experience in mafia. You are squirming hard my friend. Please tell me I am not the only one that notices all of this?

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Comrade Kirk on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:29 am

I've looked thought the back and forth I've had with Ghostly and I can see that I was not acurate when I stated that his defense has changed. I missunderstood his original post and I can now see that he has been consistent with his defense... although that doesn't mean that it is a good one. The post he quoted and the argument that he made underneath don't match. He accused DJ of starting the defense of Betiko in fact Ghostly was the first one to seriously consider that Betiko's story might be true. I don't know why I've managed to get bogged down in who said what first. The simple facts of the case are:

1. DJ attacked Betiko's defense and voted for him in the same post. He later discussed ways in which Betiko's story might work, but that was only after Ghostly had already sowed the seeds of dout with his own post. DJ kept his vote on Betiko and Betiko flipped scum when he was lynched.

2. Ghostly made a vague post about roles in a game on a different forum which was intended to support Betiko's defense and no time during the day phase did he even suggest that might vote for Betiko.

Out of the two (and I only mention DJ because Ghostly is trying to use him as some sort of human shield) Ghostly's action are far more suspicious. I've made my case (several times) and Ghostly has attempted to refute it. It's up to the rest of you to decide if you agree with me or not. If anyone else has a better case than this, I would love to hear it.

Moving on...

New Guy, why are you suggesting that someone with a cop role should target the PGO? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby Comrade Kirk on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:30 am

EBWOP, I wrote my post before seeing Ghostly's.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 am

Comrade Kirk, the quotes that ghostly quoted are in order of appearance. Dj posted the post prior to ghostly. Ghostly is correct right now and your case isnt making any sense. Also, I posted it as a suggestion, for speculation. I already answered it in my post so you're either skimming my posts or you are choosing to ignore what I say and repeating questions that have already been answered. Either way, I dont like it, so I will Vote Comrade Kirk for holding the game up and overall pushing a pointless case which has been proven wrong time and time again.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Comrade Kirk on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 am

Unvote

I have managed to waste mine and everyone else's time with my case against Ghostly. I have somehow managed to get the timing mixed up. Ghostly, I apologise for not listening to you earlier. I'm usually a lot better than this.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby thechuck51 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:46 am

Vote Count 3.3

spiesr (1) - lynx_,
Comrade Kirk (3) - safariguy5, ghostly447, new guy1, L-3

Not Voting: Jonty, spiesr, skillfusniper, Djfireside, stubbsKVM

With 10 Alive it takes 6 to Lynch

Deadline is Thursday July 4th at 10pm EST (4 days, 12 hours, 13 minutes remaining)
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Comrade Kirk wrote:Unvote

I have managed to waste mine and everyone else's time with my case against Ghostly. I have somehow managed to get the timing mixed up. Ghostly, I apologise for not listening to you earlier. I'm usually a lot better than this.

Everyone encounters misunderstandings :D. I am sure you are a fine player, but it does look pretty scummy when you go on for, I think it was at least two pages, and its the same case being presented in to you, and you do not go back and make sure your side of the argument is correct.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:32 pm

spiesr wrote:

Well after doing a bit of research I personally don't feel like Herk is a cop role in this game. He would fit better as a roleblocker/Body guard from the description I found on him. If I were to make an assumption about the character and believe you Spiesr, I would think he would be an Insane cop.

show: my research results

I would like someone to verify that the research is a fairly correct assessment of Herk. I don't trust Wikipedia half the time.

Vote Comrade With it being fairly soon before the day ends I think we aught to get a claim, and we can't have people skimming through the posts and missing half the info.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby ghostly447 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Okay, I say its L-2, probably need Comrade to claim. I didnt have time to look at your research quite yet sniper but will in a couple hours.

Adam
Cadet ghostly447

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives