Conquer Club

Once Upon A Killer Mafia (14/17) A Writers Block:Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Once Upon A Killer Mafia (14/17) A Writers Block:Endgame

Postby virus90 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:00 pm

well had fun in the end, didnt fully read day 2 anymore, but the 2nd stage of day 1 was great. the confusion all around. the discussions. everyone and everything went totally crazy.
to me it became pretty clear that strange things where probably (gonna) happen. played a rishead game before i think and its a recepy for unexpected things. Thought it might be a cult. would have been brilliant aswell 3 couples. who all started town and trusting eachother, in the end not that crazy after all for a thought. sick game the amounds of text typed, the discussions wow!
Major virus90

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:36 pm

so few things. whatsausage claim was kinda shitty. quick google on his fake claim came up with "sadist" for one of the characters. not to mention it was 2 of them. and admitting to being at virus place was kinda bad. (the claim was just way to oddly specific to explain his situation, + he couldn't adiquitly explain why he was at virus place.

This game was incredibly town favored. only 1 3rd party in a 17 person game. (i don't count survivor as anti town) and (aog was not anti town) Not having an actual mafia faction, or cult was kinda lame.

This game realistically could have ended day 1 as well.

As for mass claims, there was nothing built into this game to prevent it, + half the town had protective roles or something, and the other half had investigative. + almost all the lover pairs had some way to prevent death from the SK, which meant that the sk would of had to live through 4 nights and 4 lynches imo just to have a shot at winning. If some of the lovers had powers less "defensive" maybe this could have changed how things went but. As a town, there really is no reason to be lynching any lover when they all claim something super defensive that can be proved.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Zivel on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:55 pm

StorrZerg wrote:This game was incredibly town favored. only 1 3rd party in a 17 person game. (i don't count survivor as anti town) and (aog was not anti town) Not having an actual mafia faction, or cult was kinda lame.

Aye, as much as I liked the flavor and the participation the win feels kinda hollow. Not having any scum is a bit of a let down as all the scum hunting was actually just for nothing, almost makes it feel kinda silly that we were just set up. Not that I feel we were but it takes away from the essence of mafia where you are trying to find the scum, and there are none....
Sergeant Zivel

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:04 pm

I feel really bad for whatsausage, there was literally nothing else competing against him as "anti town" not that he knew it at the time, but seeing the game end.

I mean besides everyone in town wanting him dead, there was a special 3rd party guy, hunting just for him.

I mean things really turned bad for him when it was confirmed that blocks/saves would be written in the flavor. that auto confirmed everyone at mtamb as not a killer.
Major StorrZerg

Postby UltrasPlot on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:21 pm

what the heck 16 town 1 anti-town
Sergeant 1st Class UltrasPlot

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Yeah balance could have been much better if WS just had one person aligned with him. It is funny that the ultimate vote came from the third party. Looking backk this game had some of my best and worst ideas/plays ever. As much fun as it was for me and Zivel being lovers together I think we actually kind of continually reinforced each other's scum opinion for much of the game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby UltrasPlot on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:43 pm

I think Rishaed thought I would go anti-town after virus died, and that was used to try balance... :P
Sergeant 1st Class UltrasPlot

Postby rishaed on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:25 pm

I was expecting 3 different pairs of vengeful lovers (Keep in mind that they couldn't win if someone else off'ed their killer in the night) resulting in eventual SK's and Other unwinnable WC's. That could be up to 4 kills on a night (That being said, the game would have gotten more chaotic after Night 2). Because If ultra shot dd, you have 3 killers the next night. and more smoke and cover for the SK to hide under.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby HotShot53 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:51 pm

with the 3 sets of lovers, I was sort of wondering if there was only a serial killer or only 2 mafia or something to balance it more. Then I figured it was just 3 sets because it was hard to kill them with the revivals etc.

I sort of figured Ultra was 3rd party rather than straight town, since virus wasn't listed as Town, he just was blue... and when I asked rishead if he forgot to put in Town in virus' role, he replied "Virus died as town.", not that virus was town. I didn't bring it up because I figured 3rd party survivor is almost the same as town, and people would only question me more if I did bring it up.

I guess I was right on most of my reads, I thought I was town reading too many people, but turns out that was correct lol.

That was the best first day I've ever been a part of... way more action and stuff going on than normal. Is a shame the game ended so soon though. If someone who was a bit more active like strike or PCM or something was the SK, they could have stayed out of the light better. (Although it seems cases were made on just about everyone at one time or another, pretty unusual that by the end of day 2, 2/3 of the people had already claimed)

And for future names rishead, if it's something obscure like manga that most of us never heard of before, do a quick google search on the names and see what comes up, because it's pretty sure that everyone will do that when it's claimed. (Although to be honest, I would have figured whatsausage was telling the truth with the name, since I doubt someone would fake claim some non-name, while we already had one death with a name no-one could find.)
Major HotShot53

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Zivel wrote:
rishaed wrote:Having 7 claims by D2 is also something that I can't really factor in as a mod. It just sorta happened. Also I swore that Storr was gonna get himself lynched b/c of the entire PM'ing me about Cop actions and hinting that he was gonna fakeclaim cop....... that being said here are the quicktopic links.
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/sH42PkXj5CXL
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/cbEjQpcakr8X
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ydQ6jgpDqzE

LOL

SAO Masons = 27 posts
Romeo&Juliet = 22 posts
Until Death Do Us Part = 226 posts....

God damn strike, we talk way to much....

Imagine if you had Storr in there. Would've been 7000 posts by himself

honestly it woulda been pretty sick to be a lover this game. deff woulda had a shit ton of posts
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:05 am

omg this bait and pair with zivel/strike on me is so good rofl
the fucking haikus are nuts too props for doing it, i woulda folded after 5 mins

zivel "hey storr sheep my push cause i think its good"
storr "ok zivel i will"

zivel/strike "hahaha we caught mafia storr, he sheeped you!" roflrofl

@strike wolf you will have to humble me in a different game :P
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:28 am

Yeah. I never got the chance and I had such a good opportunity. Not necessarily getting you lynched but even you actually gaining traction on me just before the big reveal that I was zivel's lover. It would have been worth whatever would come next.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Streaker on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 am

Eh, gg?
What a heated game for only D2...
Captain Streaker

Postby Whatsausage on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:38 am

Well it appears I screwed myself over with my absence in the middle of D2, sorry I wasn't able to be around then and extend the game for you all.

@those saying I messed up my claim. That was the fake claim provided to me. He said I could fake claim as either BP or bodyguard or roleblocker I believe. So my fake claim was pretty weak with all of those roles being in the game as town. Originally I hoped that because they were offered as possible fake claims that they wouldn't be in the game, so when I saw them being claimed I figured when it came time for me that I should put them together. (BP and BG)
I maybe shouldn't have said that I visited virus, but I thought my reasoning for it was pretty good, in that he was a likely target and if he wasn't targeted that would make him scum (as a provided reason, since I obviously knew he would die. But I guess you guys disagree that this was good logic) (Though I probably should've claimed to protect zivel, since a watcher had already been claimed)

I'm not sure if I totally feel that my inactivity was the reason for my lynch; I hadn't played the most pro-town game in that I didn't really make much for cases, and when the wagon started on me it grew real quick with few reasons.

When most of the lovers claimed D1, I was getting pretty excited with my WC, thinking there would be another scum group trying to help me take them out :D . But then when D2 flipped I knew I was probably in trouble and began to think I was the only one (Though this isn't the reason for my inactivity, I wasn't trying to hide or quit on the game, it was just a week from hell)

Looking back, even with the vengeful lovers and the distrust aage talked about, I don't think I had much of a chance at all. Maybe if I was a great player, but with all the power roles I'd still be in pretty deep. I think for balance I'd either need a partner or have the game be ~vanilla. Especially since it appears the lovers didn't die together. 16 PR's with some knowing each other vs 1 8-[ (Though maybe a better fake claim would help ;) )

Other than balance, gg rish, I like the idea. Thanks for hosting

Sorry again all for my part in the anticlimactic finish
Colonel Whatsausage

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:56 pm

You got lynched because all the lovers looked too town.

Ultra, sudo confirmed because virus flipped town.

Dd5/mtamb. Tamb could use his power tonight, he'll he outed his role start of day 2.
So no reason to lynch these 2 this day.

Zivel was very town day 1. And he made it obvious as to who his lover was half way through day 2. The blind town read of strike / unwillingness to see any actions of strike as scum. + he started to push pcm. He claimed to be active in qt with his partner so that ruled out lots of less active people.

Then we have the 4 who visited tamb who all claimed investigation or protection. +roles confirming each others role.

Streaker had a town claim

Which then really only left a few people.

I
town roles just had been way to strong.

Tracker, watcher, a billion protection, a guy hunting just for you etc.

Your claim, in how you used your power was also just way to specific. And it didn't match your reads day 1, and you couldn't explain why you changed your mind
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Fairly true, by midday 2 I had stopped caring about whatever light pretense there was that me and Zivel were doing to pretend we weren't lovers. Though to be fair, no one was really biting on your case against me except Mtam who no one was really listening to because he had spent most of the game not participating and Aage who only committed to rereading (Did you ever finish rereading Aage? or did you just abandon the project?).

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Once Upon A Killer Mafia (15/17) D2: Blood Oath

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Well, this is the problem with single scum games (I have seen it work though!). Kinda sucked that this overlapped with the busiest two I've had since summer, but I think I'm feeling a hiatus coming on anyway.

aage wrote:As is though, 50 fucking pages. I think it was awesome.

Food for thought: Pages are longer now, too. This game would easily be 70 pages under the old system.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Actually if I did the math right it would have been 95 with the old 15 post page system.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby rishaed on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:54 pm

strike wolf wrote:Actually if I did the math right it would have been 95 with the old 15 post page system.

I'm really proud of the activity for 2 days here actually. There were bursts and periods of lower posts but 50 pages overall for 2 days is an accomplishment. There is nothing more frustrating as a mod than to see inactivity by a large amount of people, so I was really glad that it was very limited.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Streaker on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:38 am

Can someone please explain how the push on WhatSausage started? Would be good to learn a bit :ugeek:
Captain Streaker

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:40 am

yeah

read my post
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:23 am

basically it was "all lovers look ok, they all have super protective powers)

Ultra confirmed via virus (so we thought)
dd5 commuter paired with mtamb who could revive anyone at night sacking his own life, so no point lynching him day 2. he also claimed early, so he looked pretty town for that.

then we had the 4 people visiting tamb
me watching (then confirmed by mod
aog (hunting for sk) which accidently "confirms" hotshot
hotshot, jail mtamb
aage random durnken power, that lines up with his claim. he probably has the weakest claim of the 4, yet it looks like no one shot mtamb, thus no reason to lynch anyone in this group since its all protective or investigative.

THis only leaves zivel (lover paired with somone obviously who wasn't on mtamb) which became obvious of strike after the pressure i applied on him, and how zivel reacted. (so those 2 are removed)

so
pancakemix (read town by a few, yet the pressure on him didn't really build up, he easily could have been miss lynched imo.)
Streaker (had a reallly town claim imo. which was why i kept defending him and pushing someone else over him)
Anamainiacks, was pretty town, lacking in the directional department of the game. Yet not scummy to really push. (no one really was looking at him seirously)
Crasp (was town read early by me, a few people started push him )

And that leaves whatsausage. WHo ends up getting lynched because a few people from different view point s start pushing him.

Which would be Me pushing him
Followed by mtamb sheeping (sure he said earlier on that he would lynch/kill what)
Strikes opposition of me wasn't great enough to stay away from what. His push helped a great deal ensuring the whatsausage lynch.

As whatsausage said, he had a far to inactive day 2, hardly commenting on the "important matters" on hand.

Whatsausage became the lynch because everything else was "meh / provable" + his claim wasn't that fantastic.
basically a mass claimed happened, and the game was not balanced around "mass claim"
Major StorrZerg

Postby Streaker on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:40 am

I see what you are saying, but the pressure 'from multiple sides' wasn't really that big. Most of it even based on his inactivity (in itself not that important).

It was his fake claim that should have been better then. If that was to hold up, I doubt he'd been lynched (I switched vote because I could not find enough information of his claimed char, something that I could with other claims and my own char).

Thank you for hosting ,Rish. Was very entertaining, though obviously painfull just how terrible I am at this game.
Thank you Storr for laying out your thoughts in your previous post, also very helpfull to read strike wolf posts in their QT (so fun to read) about his hunting there.

This would have been a massacre if anyone apart from WS was lynched today.
Captain Streaker

Postby aage on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:41 am

strike wolf wrote:Fairly true, by midday 2 I had stopped caring about whatever light pretense there was that me and Zivel were doing to pretend we weren't lovers. Though to be fair, no one was really biting on your case against me except Mtam who no one was really listening to because he had spent most of the game not participating and Aage who only committed to rereading (Did you ever finish rereading Aage? or did you just abandon the project?).

I got into page 2 at some point, but never actually made it to Storr's "big case" post. When the "big pushes" on HotShot, Streaker and me started, I got sidetracked on my reread, and since I hadn't found anything that was worthwhile for pursuing I figured there couldn't be anything relevant. Especially since the posts you made at that point were town enough for me to disregard your case for the moment. So a bit of both.

I never for a second considered there to be only one SK and I would have been fine with any lynch within the pool. That had nothing to do with me being third party - I just assumed there was a regular mafia and the odds were like 5/7 we would hit gold. And I already knew I was going to play the entire game pro-town when I read I was completely bulletproof.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:59 am

StorrZerg wrote:Strikes opposition of me wasn't great enough to stay away from what. His push helped a great deal ensuring the whatsausage lynch.

As little as it has to do with my actual reads in the game, I have to say that deciding I was being too emotional about you this game helped a lot. I actually kind of want to go back and look back at your case on WS and see what we both brought up and what we had unique.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives