Conquer Club

Double Fanucci Mafia (4/14) Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Double Fanucci Mafia (4/14) Endgame

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 12:43 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Could Mafia have bused AoG with IB and resulted in IB shooting himself?

Pretty sure
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
rishaed wrote: Also would be interested in hearing the logic behind AoG's botched patchwork claim.

because I suck at mafia and didn't know what else to claim?

Storr did a good job of lying and acting like he was counter claiming

I was planning to claim lyncher from day 1 fyi lol
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I do admit, I let the differing win cons affect my judgment more than I should have.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby virus90 on Thu May 28, 2015 1:01 pm

i enjoyed the game guys thx, and DY thx for hosting!
after a bad start town eventually did well, N2 was a turning point i guess. DD being vigged, me ending up visiting storr, storr choosing to attempt rishaed who couldnt die, i think if town lost 1 more guy that night the results might have been different. also the buss might just have helped town. storr might not have been scum but he was a killer, and we couldnt lose much more.
Major virus90

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu May 28, 2015 1:03 pm

The bus stopped Storr killing AoG didnt it? So N2 would have been two mafia dead without the bus
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Thu May 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Ignore that, not true
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

No. Storr visitd Rishaed. Speaking of which Storr. Part of the reason I didnt propose lyn ching Storr day 2 is that I was hoping he and mafia would kill each other night 2. I am disappointed.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Thu May 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Well, turns out that it may have been a good thing you all lynched me on day 1, since I wouldn't have believed IB's vig claim and even after he killed a scum would have said it was because he was a different faction of scum lol. Those different win conditions got me too... hadn't seen town with different win conditions before, but doom was smarter than us lol.
Major HotShot53

Postby rishaed on Thu May 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
rishaed wrote: Also would be interested in hearing the logic behind AoG's botched patchwork claim.

because I suck at mafia and didn't know what else to claim?

Storr did a good job of lying and acting like he was counter claiming

GeneralMafiaRolesThe list from mafia scum here is a really good source if you are looking for a fake claim. I also linked it earlier like D3 when you did your crazy "lyncher" claim. The base part is that a lyncher that can't win by lynching is an oxymoron. 8-[
Also hotshot I think you could have been persuaded to keep IB alive.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Thu May 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Two initial thoughts.

Our crucial screwup was N2. I advocated for killing NoS and blocking IB that night. My thought was that either NoS can't target himself, or that if he could, he would never think to do that. And I had a feeling about IB... But dd responded with the thing that we ended up doing. I got back late at night and saw his post and didn't feel like fighting it, but evidently I should have.

Then N3, I had to make a gamble. By looking at the numbers, I didn't think that we could win if we killed NoS and blocked IB, because NoS was our chief source of anti-town propaganda. D4 it would have been obvious that AoG and myself were scum, and we definitely would have lost when virus tracked either one of us. My only hope was that we could keep the uncertainty alive by killing virus and blocking IB. I knew that there was a chance that NoS could save him, but honestly I thought NoS was too nooby and would see IB's role as more important to town than virus's. (Kudos to NoS for proving me wrong.)

Regarding my claim: I thought that 1-shot bulletproof was a reasonably balanced claim given the other town power roles. Now, it did conflict with rishaed's claim, but that was kind of the point: I thought if we had any chance of winning after dd died, it would be by stoking the fire against rishaed and his absurd claim, as well as against NoS. I am not sure what I could have claimed that would have been better, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped.

As far as the claim goes, wouldn't have just been better to have lynched me D2 when I was at L1? (though all three of you would have been on that wagon). I'm still not sure how I survived through that after mtamb voted for me. I seriously thought I was dead there.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu May 28, 2015 5:40 pm

So far I only have half a ballot for the premium prize.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu May 28, 2015 7:17 pm

rishaed wrote:As far as the claim goes, wouldn't have just been better to have lynched me D2 when I was at L1? (though all three of you would have been on that wagon). I'm still not sure how I survived through that after mtamb voted for me. I seriously thought I was dead there.

In hindsight, yes, I think so. At the time I was much more concerned about appearing as town, and didn't think your role would be that important to lynch. But at any rate we couldn't have coordinated during the day to figure out how to make that work.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 28, 2015 7:39 pm

I can't believe you guys let both AoG and whats his name live when they claimed to be lynchers with tracking actions. Lynchers don't have actions. They both should've been insta-lynched as scum right there. Town didn't deserve the win.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby rishaed on Thu May 28, 2015 7:50 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I can't believe you guys let both AoG and whats his name live when they claimed to be lynchers with tracking actions. Lynchers don't have actions. They both should've been insta-lynched as scum right there. Town didn't deserve the win.

-Tails

Tails we didn't let them live. Storr claimed a lyncher (no action), but AoG did claim a night action (and his choice of Night actions were very fishy) and he was setting off major flags because of it. Then Virus came out and caught storr lying, at which we were figuring out numbers, and afterwards decided to lynch storr first, then aog, then finally mets. I don't get where you are coming from here tails.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Yeah but they stayed alive for like a day or two after their bs claims. And I think storr did claim an action.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 8:31 pm

No lol? Get the f*ck out.

I got lynched the day I claimed.
Aog was the following day.
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Think Tail means RL days

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 8:43 pm

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ive seen town lose way to many games rushing lynches they think are golden only to f*ck themselves. waiting for deadline is smart. Some people (like virus) only posts 1x per day or less. important to make sure all people get involved and see how things unfold.
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 8:50 pm

I'll be honest, I know there's some inherent advantage until waiting for the deadline to come to a consensus. We've generally used it more often than not since long before you came to the site but I find it can be a bit boring that way and the tendency for people to kind of just kick the dirt while maybe 3-6 people argue cases that don't go anywhere due to lack of support until the deadline comes close is one of the reasons I myself have started to check out during the early parts of day 2.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 9:02 pm

its cause day phase is way to long. 1 week - 2 weeks is just brutal for a day phases.

Man i tried to find some joy in 3rd party, just wasnt' there :/ fucking claimed to ensure the lynch on hotshot. Wasn't sure of his alignment (didnt care so much i guess) But man, no lynches suck. My town personality got the better of me on that day :P

I also think if a mass claimed happened day 1, like wing said. It woulda been GG. Seriously, lol.

2 mafia with 1 shot abilities into goons, with out being able to prove the roles (well buss could, but you wouldn't want to prove it)
Then a RB matched vs a town RB.
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 9:16 pm

I'd like to say you are right and I am considering putting up 3 day deadlines in the Foundation Mafia game but that hasn't always worked out well.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 pm

Think i had 3 days in the Got mafia with 2 day night phase. Worked out well. Still had to mod kill people for not voting though.
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 9:43 pm

I might also consult a second balance checker just because I am including some rarely used roles and possibly some I more or less made up for the game or made up way back when but haven't used before.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu May 28, 2015 10:00 pm

A week is perfect.This is not a game of speed. Some people have real life constraints, which is why I withdrew from Harry Potter.

I am working on a game now I have wanted to mod.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu May 28, 2015 10:04 pm

rishaed wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I can't believe you guys let both AoG and whats his name live when they claimed to be lynchers with tracking actions. Lynchers don't have actions. They both should've been insta-lynched as scum right there. Town didn't deserve the win.

-Tails

Tails we didn't let them live. Storr claimed a lyncher (no action), but AoG did claim a night action (and his choice of Night actions were very fishy) and he was setting off major flags because of it. Then Virus came out and caught storr lying, at which we were figuring out numbers, and afterwards decided to lynch storr first, then aog, then finally mets. I don't get where you are coming from here tails.

I did a double-take when virus said what he said. I couldn't believe the stroke of luck that was going to save AoG that day.

On the other hand, I don't know why I had to work so hard to convince town to lynch a confirmed liar :-P
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives