Conquer Club

Foundation Mafia [6/12] Endgame: Second Foundation Wins.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Two more

Poll ended at Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:35 am

Streaker
8%
Metsfanmax
8%
Wingcmdr
No votes
Madmitch
No votes
Timwoodbury
31%
Hotshot
15%
Dazza
No votes
Dakky
15%
Endgame
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: Foundation Mafia [8/12] D2: Never Be Your Beast of Burde

Postby Epitaph1 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:21 am

Vote Hotshot

I don't buy it either. Definitely scum.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby degaston on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:28 am

Well, I see I've been fp'd by Epitaph for the hammer, so it doesn't matter now, but I was going to hammer anyway.

The claim smelled fishy - even the town JOAT didn't have a name. And flavor-wise, Han Pritcher became an agent of the mule, so I don't know if that was a safe claim, or something hotshot picked, but it doesn't fit.

I suspect hotshot was agreeing with me to get on my good side - I guess it worked for a while. We'll see. I'll go on record and vote hotshot anyway.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:30 am

oops - unvote
vote hotshot
Brigadier degaston

Postby Endgame422 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:31 am

Ugh.
Flavorwise that claim makes zero sense.
Wiki article says han pritcher becomes an agent of the Mule and helps him search for the 2nd foundation.(making him one of the bad guys)
Not sure why a scum HS would take that as a fakclaim when he could just say first foundationer.
Also not sure why this character would be a VT town role though so.
JOAT just had a generic name but VTs are named characters??
I think we will have to disregard the flavor and look at the VT claim.
Has HS played like a VT?
He was on the wing lynch(mid to late),
He avoided voting for tim but egged us on to lynch him.
HotShot53 wrote:
So you are claiming the same name as Wing? Yeah, that is a little hard to believe... although I guess technically there could be more than one "First Foundationer" since it's not an actual name? Or is it referring to a specific person which would make Tim scum? (It's been tooooo long since I read a Foundation book, I don't really remember much of the flavor...)[/quote
HotShot53 wrote:
So you are claiming the same name as Wing? Yeah, that is a little hard to believe... although I guess technically there could be more than one "First Foundationer" since it's not an actual name? Or is it referring to a specific person which would make Tim scum? (It's been tooooo long since I read a Foundation book, I don't really remember much of the flavor...)[/quote
HotShot53 wrote:
So you are claiming the same name as Wing? Yeah, that is a little hard to believe... although I guess technically there could be more than one "First Foundationer" since it's not an actual name? Or is it referring to a specific person which would make Tim scum? (It's been tooooo long since I read a Foundation book, I don't really remember much of the flavor...)

Deg,mitch,epi can all hammer(or me with the extra vote)lets see what deg/epi think and do.
Lol FPd by deg/epi hammering.
Guess we will see.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:41 am

Guess that's a lynch... I really need to learn how to not get lynched as town lol. Good luck town, you're really going to need it now if it's not game over already.
Major HotShot53

Postby dakky21 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:47 am

HotShot53 wrote:Guess that's a lynch... I really need to learn how to not get lynched as town lol. Good luck town, you're really going to need it now if it's not game over already.

It probably is a game over if you were really town. 5 people dead of which 4 townies doesn't smell good.
Captain dakky21

Postby aage on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:49 am

It ain't over until the fat lady sings. The fat lady in question being Strike. But I don't think he will flip town.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:37 pm

That appears to be lynch. I will post a scene later tonight pending a double count on the votes.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:18 am

strike wolf wrote:Vote Count

Madmitch: Fury Toad
BeDazzaed (1)-Madmitch
Dakky Duck
Aage against the machine (1) Hotshot
Epiduraltaph
Hotshot to Trot (3)-Dazza, Endgame, Dakky, aage, Epitaph, Degaston LYNCHED

With 8 alive it takes 5 to reach majority. Deadline Saturday at 1215
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:22 am

Democracy Denied

Han Pritcher pleaded with his fellow First Foundation arrivals of his innocence but after hearing his name, they did not believe him. One claiming to have been from a time far after the Mule claimed he had turned traitor in his final years and was an enemy. The rest did not relent either. So it was with a sweeping resolution that he was chosen for the lynch.

Han did not want to go quietly. He attempted to run but as it had the day before, the sky opened up and in a moment he was gone.

Hotshot-Han Pritcher-Vanilla Townie has been lynched

It is now Night 2. You will have until Monday Morning at 1am to submit actions. Please try to get them in before that.

p.s. Sorry for the short scene. A bit pressed on time.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Foundation Mafia [7/12] N2: Captain Down.

Postby strike wolf on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:49 am

End Game

The remains of town huddled together in the night. If they were to survive, they would have to stand together now. Out of the blue, Salvor Hardin stood up and started walking away. They tried to call out to him but they held their breath as they noted the three men he walked towards. A pale shadow went over town as they recognized the three who had tricked them all.

As Salvor fell limp to the ground, Golan Trevize and the two first foundationers accompanying him shed their disguises and revealed themselves to town. The remaining town attempted to attack but now with numbers on their side, the Second Foundation took control directly and gained total obedience.

Endgame-Salvor Hardin-Town Doublevoter (mayor) has been killed

Aage-Second Foundationer-Mafia Pawn
Epitaph-Preem Palver-Mafia Busdriver
Degaston-Second Speaker-Mafia Roleblocker

Have won

Madmitch-First Foundationer-[color=#000080]Town Doctor[/color]
Dazza-First Foundationer-Town Role blocker
And Dakky-First Foundationer-Town Redirector

Have been endgamed

The Eternals looked at their results with mixed feelings. The Second Foundation had proven victorious and it would be their path that would guide the Galaxy forward but was that really what was right?

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Foundation Mafia [6/12] Endgame: Second Foundation Wins.

Postby aage on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:50 am

GG guys, and sorry @ Tim for the harsh treatment. I wouldn't have done it if I were town ;)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby degaston on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:56 am

GG all. My first time as scum. I suppose I'll never get that much town cred again. :D

Dakky - Why did you call yourself an "Alternator"?
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:57 am

Thanks, teammates. Nice job!
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:59 am

So a few thoughts.

a. I am really surprised that town did not lynch Aage. It seemed everyone kind of suspected him and he was literally trying to get you to lynch him (especially day 1) but very few living seemed to believe strongly enough to make a case on either day.
b. Night 1 couldn't have worked better for Mafia, if they had known exactly what they were doing. Streaker was going to kill aage. Gets redirected. Mets targeted Aage but was killed. Cop died and the Serial Killer who was designed to be the main stitch in the plan was taken out without being able to recruit anyone.
c. I think I probably should have given town just a bit more power in this game and/or made Streaker partially bullet proof to even the odds a bit. Mafia was a just a bit on the strong side in this one. I guess that's what happens when you abandoned a set up last second in favor of using roles that you had reserved for a larger game.
d. Speaking of larger games. This game would have looked much different if it had gotten more. As I got more towards 16+ I would have tried to introduce a Gaia third party group into the game, leaned more recruiter over SK for the Mule and introduced a separate SK representing The Empire as a faction. It would have been much more complicated and even more fun.

In finality, congrats Mafia. I will have actions posted later. Feel free to post your own role PMs if you wish.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:03 am

The mafia QT if anyone is interested in reading it:

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/47wgzetFyTD6

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Foundation Mafia [12/12] Day 1: Unfamiliar

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:06 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:My dying wish is this:

Do not lynch Dakky or Tim till at least D4. They are both easy lynches, but I believe them to both be town. If you want a mislynch, put some effort into it. Those two are off limits.

Ahem.

I fecked up big time. Basically suicided to avoid other roles dying. If i was alive I believe that I would havebeen able to shove an Aage lynch through. That said I was reading Deg as hard town, always so close to "saving" town. Really good play Deg.

Sorry Mets, my bad, should have declared my scum reads as rubbish before I died.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby aage on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:16 am

My game plan actually was to bulldog a few town into a lynch, then get killed. My role was designed to be most useful if I died quickly, so I was actually trying to draw those actions towards me on day 1. I was very happy that I was the only scum on the Wing lynch, and some people were making connections between me, Mitch and Dakky. My plan was to get lynched D2, then have town mislynch either Dakky or Mitch. So to be honest I wasn't really trying to avoid getting lynched, I was counting on it.

That plan went to shit after N1, even though as Strike said it couldn't have gone better for us. The cop was dead so my death mechanism became useless, but I still had set myself up to go down. Hence why I played a lot more aggressively than I usually would have; either I would've succeeded, and the town would be at LyLo, or I would have died and Deg and Epi were very much out of the clear (there was no connection between us). If I had backed out and suddenly played cautiously, I would definitely have been lynched, but I would've lost the connection with Dakky/Mitch. I think the aggression towards Tim and then towards Hotshot led town members to vote them as well.

strike wolf wrote:You are Second Foundationer-Mafia Pawn

The Seldon Plan is falling apart. As such you have been chosen by the Second Foundation to infiltrate the First Foundation and restore it to its natural state. How? You are meant to die.

Abilities: If you are lynched or killed at any point in the game the remaining mafia players will become immune to all forms of investigation.

You win when Mafia Outnumbers everyone else

Allies:

Epitaph-Preem Palver-Mafia busdriver
Degaston-Second Speaker-Mafia Role blocker

I was extremely surprised Dakky and Endgame were both happy to lynch Hotshot, even though I was really obviously scum.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:20 am

Aage, i am going through tha game via pm with Tim. I think he will see why you were such a jerk in hindsight. Tough intro to mafia for him. Holding my c9 game till he gets back, so he can play a small non flavour game.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby aage on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:33 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Aage, i am going through tha game via pm with Tim. I think he will see why you were such a jerk in hindsight. Tough intro to mafia for him. Holding my c9 game till he gets back, so he can play a small non flavour game.

Yeah, I felt really bad about that particular part of the game. I latched on to the case because I was looking for a mislynch, and this particular case would've made Dakky suspicious after I flip mafia. The reason I was harsh on him is because I had to literally fabricate reasons to stick to the case; like Hotshot said, it was a non-case. If I had been lenient on him for being a new player, I wouldn't have reasons to vote him.

I was slightly salty when he posted his role PM though, because a modkill doesn't necessarily result in day end. He was at L-1, and the game would've gone into night if he had been lynched. I was planning to get lynched, sure, but rather on D3 than after Tim's modkill on D2. A mislynch on Tim would have given us another round of night actions, modkill might result in me getting lynched prematurely. So I pm'd Strike asking if he could scrap the lynch (Tim was at L-1, c'mon), and that's why he asked whether we wanted to continue day or not. I felt screwed out of a mislynch, but in the end it worked in our favour.
Last edited by aage on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:34 am

N1 Actions

Dakky redirect Streaker to Mets
Madmitch Save Tim
Streaker Kill Aage; recruit Dakky
Tim-Kill Mets
Mets Investigate Aage
Dazza block Mitch
Aage Kills Streaker
Degaston blocks Mets
Epitaph busses Endgame with Degaston

Results:

Mets dies
Streaker dies; recruit fails
Madmitch and Mets were role blocked

N2

Mitch protects Endgame
Dazza blocks Aage
Dakky redirects Aage to Aage
Degaston blocks Dakky; Kills mitch
Epi busses Mitch with Endgame

Results:

Endgame dies
Dakky blocked
Mafia wins

You can now vote on an MVP from the Mafia team as well as two other players that you feel deserve recognition from town or Streaker.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:40 am

Oh and I hope this goes without saying but you may not vote for yourself.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:58 am

Strike, thanks for running the game.

I'm curious about the names, though. There were plenty of characters in the books to give everyone a name. I think it was the final nail in town's coffin that the JOAT did not have a name, but a VT did.

Streaker, not that it would have mattered with the way things went down, but why didn't you recruit on N1? Wouldn't that have given you a chance to win even if you were killed?
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:02 am

Never mind, Streaker, I see that you did try to recruit.
Brigadier degaston

Postby dakky21 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:23 am

And N2 I tried to redirect mafia to mafia, and even I had degaston to degaston but eventually changed it to aage. If I left it on deg, he would kill himself.

And BTW, I said alternator as it is a synonym to redirector, as I didn't want to say my true role
Captain dakky21

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives