I strongly suggest anyone not familiar with the rules and roles of mafia to throughly read up before joining. Not abiding by the rules of the game could seriously compromise the game and potentially lead to removal from the game. You have been warned!Below are the rules as often used in Mafia games, borrowed from numerous Moderators.
1. This game is moderated by me (TheForgivenone), I am the law. Whatever I say goes. If I make a mistake I’ll do my best to fix it. All roles will be given out according to the prescribed additions to these rules as opposed to standard rules. Please refer to the special rules regarding this game.
2. Do not quote any PMs you receive from the Mod. The only things you may post (loosely paraphrasing) are your roles (and anything associated with them), and alignment, during the active game. Once the game has concluded, feel free to post the rest of your personal information. You may not post your win condition, how many words are in your role PM, or any other kind of way to get around not quoting PMs.
3. If you forget your role, or you delete it, that is your own fault. I suggest not doing either.
4. All ‘votes’ and ‘unvotes’ must be distinct. If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Guybrush Threepwood) If you vote two or more times consecutively without an unvote in between them, then the first vote will be the one that gets tallied.
5. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, and once the majority has been reached any and all unvotes will not be counted.
6. Once your death scene has been posted, you are dead. You can no longer post anything revealing or of substance. Whining is alright, Voices from beyond the grave are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed.
7. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.
8. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you may do so.
9. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.
10. Clues or game information may be hidden in the text, but nothing that would give away a player's identity.
11. Joking in the thread is fine, but don’t let it get carried away and take over as spam.
12. Be attentive and active in the game. If I see you are not posting at all, I will prod all those who are inactive. If there is no timely response, you will be replaced.
13. Each game ‘day’ will last as I see fit. If you guys have healthy discussion going, I'm going to remain pretty loose and let you go at it. If discussion is dying, or a day is lasting over 3 weeks, I will post a deadline. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the deadline if made, the player with the most votes will be lynched and the game will enter into the night phase. In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be determined by a 24-hour final ballot in which every player casts a final (no changes) vote for ANY player. If there is still a tie, a runoff ballot will be held between the two or more who tied. The deadline may be extended upon request.
14. Similarly, each game ‘night’ will not last more than THREE 24 hour days. I will remind all those who have night choices when the deadline is near. If at the end of the third 24 hour day I have not received your night choice, you will have lost your choice action (I.E. for mafia, there would be a ‘no kill’, etc).
15. If you have any questions about whether you should or shouldn’t do something, or just need some clarification, feel free to PM me.
And of course
16. Have Fun! Take it easy on me as well
Additional Rules for CYOC Mafia:
1. After a player has elected to sign up, he/she will pm me the following:
- The name(s) of up to three character(s) (by "character", I mean any person, being, or object (or group thereof), living or dead, real or fictitious, sentient or not. Anything. Up to you)
- A short bio/description of the character (a link to a character bio would be sufficient)
- A picture of the character (optional, but preferred)
Based on the data sent to me, I will create a role for one the characters. The player who sent me the character will receive that role with a random alignment.
2. If someone else has already chosen your characters or all of your characters, (or if that character previously appeared in a CYOC game) I'll ask you to choose another.
3. I make no apologies for the balance of this game.
As I mentioned, I'm planning on running a CYOC game. Considering this is my first game I'll ever run, I'll probably kill myself somewhere along the line. I'm essentially going to allow signups to go until I feel no one else is interested in joining.WARNING: I MAY TRY IMPLEMENTING SOME OF THE ROLES I HAVE TALKED OVER WITH AAGE INTO THIS GAME. IF YOU GET AN UNFAMILIAR ROLE, I'LL TRY MY BEST TO EXPLAIN IT.
Also, if you're interested in co-modding with me, that would be much appreciated!