Conquer Club

Screw You! Mafia End Game: Mafiaville U.S.A.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Screw You! Mafia D2 6/9: Double Tap

Postby dgz345 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:28 am

Well now IXS has a reason to join next game I guess.

And as said above. Looks like both got killed. The question is which was mafia kill? And is it a serial killer or a vigilante that really REALLY hates dakky?

Who would play with Dakkys feelings and kill him first every game?
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:39 am

aage wrote:On a different note, do you have a risk related PR or are you just enjoying yourself?

Sometimes all you have is a red set.
Brigadier degaston

Postby dgz345 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:42 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote: With two deaths on N1 that is not a good start to town especially with one of them being the cop.

Depends on how you see it. Only one death N1 was town. In my experience survival 3rd party roles usually align with scum in the end so we can almost say that it was a good night for town with 1 potential scum out of the way. (aöö depends how you look at it and assuming that he can win together with scum)

The only bad things is that there is 2 town dead with D1 mod kill.

Yes dakky could side with town. But survivor is not a good claim and only scum would know he is telling the "truth"

Survivors want to side with the winning side. And it's easier to win as scum if you get an extra ally.

I don't have facts but only my opinion on survivors. I feel like they usually play togheter with town at the start but slowly switch to scum as more town dies.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 am

So...what do the voters on skoffin try to accomplish?

There's something fishy about LSU. Just saying...
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Ragian wrote:So...what do the voters on skoffin try to accomplish?

Just saying... what?

I'd say there's something fishy about LSU, Skoffin and aage in that all three are barely participating. Do you have some reason to think that LSU is the fishiest or that skoffin is not? I could think that you might be right because aage voted for skoffin and I don't really trust him, but that's just WIFOM and at least aage is doing something. You think LSU is fishy, but you're not voting for him. Are you just turtling and waiting until it's safe to stick your neck out?

But to answer your question, I'm voting for skoffin to try to get some more activity in here and either get her to claim or get someone else to propose a better target if they have one. You can't win the game if you don't attack at some point.
Brigadier degaston

Postby dgz345 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 pm

As I said I'm willing to vote skoffin but I do not want to bring her to L-1 yet. If no activity before tmr I guess I will vote. But then the only reason I have is that she's been quiet.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby aage on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:24 pm

If she posts she could change my mind, if she doesn't I would very much like to lynch her.
What's fishy about LSU exactly?
dgz345 wrote:Well now IXS has a reason to join next game I guess.

And as said above. Looks like both got killed. The question is which was mafia kill? And is it a serial killer or a vigilante that really REALLY hates dakky?

Who would play with Dakkys feelings and kill him first every game?
I would very much have liked to have vig killed Dakky, but alas it wasn't me.
Traditionally mafia uses guns and SKs use knives in this game.
"Serial Killers traditionally kill with knives, so show up as not having a gun to a Gunsmith investigation - note that all deaths should still have the same generic Kill Flavor."
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ial_Killer
I don't know if Strike is following this tradition, but it's the only lead I have on this.

Deg doesn't trust me? You wound me, sir.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby dgz345 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:29 pm

It sounds as you know that LSU did something but you are only using the word fishy.

Just saying...

Someone above mentioned a turtle.

There is 3 scenarios I can see.
LSU did something you saw. (visit one of the killed I assume)
LSU did not do anything and you saw "wrong" (night action messed with)
Or you are lying about LSU to get him lynched. (lyncher)
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:37 pm

I'm trying to accomplish two things: 1) get LSU to participate and 2) check if you're still fishing.

Now, aage has started to rub me the wrong way, too. I can't be arsed to find the game, but I'm confident that I've been scolded for voting inactives or barely actives in the past by aage because it's a blind lynch that usually would benefit scum. Am I wrong, aage?
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:38 pm

@deg, attacking is not equal to voting. I prefer to let people talk (or have the chance to at least) before I make up my mind/vote. You trigger happy?
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Ragian wrote:@deg, attacking is not equal to voting. I prefer to let people talk (or have the chance to at least) before I make up my mind/vote. You trigger happy?

If you're referring to this:
degaston wrote:You can't win the game if you don't attack at some point.
My post restriction is essentially to add some risk-based flavor. I'm trying to live up to the spirit of it, but it shouldn't change the odds.

I see a vote as a muted attack in that it's 1/4 of a lynch right now, so it should put pressure on someone to participate if they don't want to be lynched. Do you think that just calling LSU fishy without any explanation is going to put much pressure on him to participate? He may not see the need unless you start piling troops on his border.

You've had a few direct questions asked of you, but you still haven't even mentioned skoffin. She has a couple of votes, and the potential for a third. Her participation & contribution is about the same as LSU. Do you have some reason to prefer that we focus on LSU instead of her? Do you have a secret alliance with her?
Brigadier degaston

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:39 pm

my vote on skoffin was on day 1. I have yet to vote anyone since the night happened. I voted Skoffin on day 1 to try to encourage her to show up and participate and at the time there wasn't that much pressure on her so that she could be lynched quickly.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby Ragian on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:27 am

@deg, what do you want said about skoffin? She's not participating. How to comment on something there's not there? She could be town, scum, or serial killer. There's no way of knowing. Voting for he is stabbing in the dark. If you don't like the way I'm playing, I think you should vote for me instead of voting for someone who's not around.

LSU, however, has now had a fair few chances to say something and has opted no to. Instead, he is pointing his finger at skoffin for not participating. Feels like the pot.

vote LSU
Captain Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 am

Ragian wrote:@deg, what do you want said about skoffin? She's not participating. How to comment on something there's not there? She could be town, scum, or serial killer. There's no way of knowing. Voting for he is stabbing in the dark. If you don't like the way I'm playing, I think you should vote for me instead of voting for someone who's not around.

LSU, however, has now had a fair few chances to say something and has opted no to. Instead, he is pointing his finger at skoffin for not participating. Feels like the pot.

vote LSU

I have a feeling he did not see your question as he has ignored it. I recon he said something about Thanksgiving.

But still slacking to read the posts I guess. (shame on you LSU)

SMH my head.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby dgz345 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:41 am

It's a bit shitty to ignore sweet Ragian.

I can understand if one does not want to answer a question. At least acknowledge the question.

I can understand Ragian frustration getting ignored.

@ragian what if skoffin is scum and she is using you argumenting for not lynching in the blind as a defensive option? (at some point being quiet goes to long)

Just because I talk more than skoffin does that make me more scum than skoffin?

If skoffin or nothing else is coming up I will most likely be voting skoffin before the deadline. (remember that there is a deadline)

If there was a regular mafia game we could gone with no lynch to get better odds as town. But I'm unsure in a game like this.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby dgz345 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:44 am

Deadline reminder. The deadline is Sunday apparently.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:10 am

Ragian wrote:Any funny stuff to report? LSU?

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:As far as any information given out last night I do not have anything to state that would be helpful at this point.

As i stated earlier in answering your question I do not have anything to state that would be helpful at this point in regards to information. I don't know how many times I have to spell that out to you, but evidently you skimmed through it. so unless you have something more to say to explain why I don't have any helpful information that I could share today concerning last night then I'm done answering that question.

Someone questioned about the votes on Skoffin. I stated earlier and will state again that my vote on her was on Day 1 when she wasn't around. I haven't voted for anyone this day.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby degaston on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:58 am

Ragian wrote:@deg, what do you want said about skoffin? She's not participating. How to comment on something there's not there? She could be town, scum, or serial killer. There's no way of knowing. Voting for he is stabbing in the dark.
I guess what I want said about skoffin is why you had no comment regarding the two votes on her, but chose to comment on LSU. You said you were trying to get LSU to participate, but at that time he had posted more recently than skoffin, and has posted again since then, while skoffin hasn't posted since Monday. Either one could be town, scum or SK, and it's always a stab in the dark unless someone gets additional info or they say something really scummy, so that's not saying anything.

The other reason you gave was to check if dgz was "still fishing", which seems to reference this earlier exchange:
Ragian wrote:
dgz345 wrote:
Ragian wrote:Any funny stuff to report? LSU?
Can I take this as you visited LSU?
Or why LSU?
Why are you trying to fish for information that is not there?
Here again, you make a comment about LSU, but when you're asked about it, instead of answering the question you accuse dgz of fishing. Well, if he was fishing, then how is that different from what you were doing?

So I'm just wondering why you have so much interest in LSU, but when it comes to skoffin you're just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ragian wrote:If you don't like the way I'm playing, I think you should vote for me instead of voting for someone who's not around.
I wasn't complaining about the way you're playing - I have more complaints about people who don't contribute.
Brigadier degaston

Postby dgz345 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:09 pm

Guess skoffin has a Ragian proof shield.

Tho I don't think they are together. But Ragian feels a bit "meh" about skoffin.

But as I also said I don't think skoffin is scum just for not participating. But if she dodges until deadline I'm willing to vote her unless someone is "more" scummy.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby Ragian on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:29 pm

@LSU, I saw your answer. Dgz said you ignored me. I just think you're lying.

@deg, I did comment on the votes on her. I've said that I don't like votes on someone not participating as it's stabbing in the dark. I think you even quoted it. Regarding fishing, it's alright if you don't see the difference.

@dgz, I've stated why I'm not voting skoffin.

Anything else?
Captain Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:14 pm

[quote="Ragian"]@LSU, I saw your answer. Dgz said you ignored me. I just think you're lying/quote]

I saw LSU post but I did not make it as a response to your question. That post was missing quote or @ so I forgot about it. That's why I said you were ignored.
My fault

And no Ragian I don't expect you to vote skoffin right now. I just think she should step up as a mafia moderator and actually participate :roll:
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby dgz345 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Ragian wrote:@LSU, I saw your answer. Dgz said you ignored me. I just think you're lying

I saw LSU post but I did not make it as a response to your question. That post was missing quote or @ so I forgot about it. That's why I said you were ignored.
My fault

And no Ragian I don't expect you to vote skoffin right now. I just think she should step up as a mafia moderator and actually participate :roll:
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby strike wolf on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:40 am

Vote Count

LSU (1)-Ragian
Skoffin (2)-Age, Degaston
Aaage
Degaston
Ragian
DGZ

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is still set for end of day Sunday.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 am

Aage is waaaay too quiet for a player of his capacity.
Captain Ragian

Postby aage on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 am

Ragian wrote:Now, aage has started to rub me the wrong way, too. I can't be arsed to find the game, but I'm confident that I've been scolded for voting inactives or barely actives in the past by aage because it's a blind lynch that usually would benefit scum. Am I wrong, aage?
Yes, you are. When I make this argument it's almost always made on cases against players who are either known to be inactive or simply unknown/new players. Skoffin has played here for ages, she's the forum mod for f*ck's sake. We can very reasonably expect her to participate. She even posted two lines at the start of the day, so she is certainly aware the game is ongoing. In this case it is certainly warranted to vote her for not contributing, imo, and I actually would argue it's alignment indicative. I happen to know she isn't too busy to post. She knows the day has started, why would she do nothing as town?

Ragian wrote:Aage is waaaay too quiet for a player of his capacity.

Here's a question: why are you protecting Skoffin? You've voted LSU for being too quiet, you're now accusing me for being too quiet, but Skoffin is off the hook? Your argument makes no sense.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives