Conquer Club

Prison Mafia TOWN WIN !!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game?

Poll ended at Sat May 20, 2023 4:31 am

*Pixar*
No votes
chanakam2020
No votes
Darin44
No votes
degaston
44%
Dukasaur
No votes
DukeHazzard
No votes
Dunk90
No votes
fusibaseball
31%
i-andrei
No votes
joshzam
No votes
Maxleod
13%
PepeAtila
No votes
pershy
No votes
Ragian
13%
TheJMac
No votes
TheJonah
No votes
TrafalgarLaw01
No votes
traffic133
No votes

Total votes : 16

Re: Prison Mafia TOWN WIN !!

Postby fusibaseball on Thu May 18, 2023 8:27 am

Go Townies. Super fun game! Reading the Scum chat is giving me a good chuckle with my morning coffee.

I will come back later for the voting MVP if it's still open...probably voting for Dega coming in clutch on Day 4, switching the vote hard from a Townie to a 3rd Party singlehandedly, but Ragian was also a scary good liar and I wouldn't have gone after him for a long time if he didn't make the extremely unfortunate choice of Veteran from the mafia.gg list

BUT I do have to give myself a shoutout for 1) catching Ragian in the lie initially and 2) killing LC Night 1. In retrospect, him killing traffic and me killing him afterwards Night 1 was a huge deceleration to the game and the best thing possible for Town. Those were 2 of the 3 roles capable of killing a lot of players (aside from Assassin) which slowed down the game a lot. Worked out for Town! GGs all, had fun and thanks Raz for organizing =D>
Field Marshal fusibaseball

Postby degaston on Thu May 18, 2023 8:28 am

Thanks for modding, Razor. Nice job!
Good game, everyone! Yay, Townies!

I'd never played with Mafia.gg rules, but I think I prefer the roles on MafiaScum.net, which seem to align better with what I'm used to seeing on CC mafia games. (I've never played anywhere else.) In general, it seemed like some of the roles were overpowered. Duke's, in particular, seemed unbelievable, and it turns out we didn't even know the full extent of his power.

Some questions I have:
  • Why did Mafia lose their last night-kill ability? I'm used to any mafia member being able to perform the kill.
  • What determines when the "Limited" period begins? (I've never seen that term before in CC Mafia)
  • What does it mean that "The Don" counts as 2 towards the Mafia majority?
  • I don't understand the "group" mechanic. How could people visit someone as a group, and what would be the purpose of it?
  • If the game got down to Pixar and Ragian, how would it end since neither can kill the other? (This is why I thought pixar was 3rd party, but didn't find time to explore it.)
  • Both the Cop and the Detective learn a player's role. What's the difference between them?
  • Did Razor actually post as Dukasaur? That seems like the referee getting involved in the game.
  • And why post a cryptic message for Duk instead of "I am [the role they see themselves as]"?

I'll vote fusi for MVP for catching Ragian. Day 4 was exhausting and I was busy with work, so I don't know if I would have noticed it.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Thu May 18, 2023 8:32 am

One other thing...

Was halrob actually telling the truth about deleted messages?
Brigadier degaston

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu May 18, 2023 8:49 am

Way to go townies.
Thanks Raz for setting this, it was fun even if I died N1. Would happily play more
I'm voting for Fusi as MVP, while more inexperienced than Dega, managed to point important info that helped town win.

ps: worst townie, Bax
Last edited by TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu May 18, 2023 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu May 18, 2023 8:50 am

degaston wrote:Thanks for modding, Razor. Nice job!
Good game, everyone! Yay, Townies!

I'd never played with Mafia.gg rules, but I think I prefer the roles on MafiaScum.net, which seem to align better with what I'm used to seeing on CC mafia games. (I've never played anywhere else.) In general, it seemed like some of the roles were overpowered. Duke's, in particular, seemed unbelievable, and it turns out we didn't even know the full extent of his power.

Some questions I have:
  • Why did Mafia lose their last night-kill ability? I'm used to any mafia member being able to perform the kill.
  • What determines when the "Limited" period begins? (I've never seen that term before in CC Mafia)
  • I don't understand the "group" mechanic. How could people visit someone as a group, and what would be the purpose of it?
  • If the game got down to Pixar and Ragian, how would it end since neither can kill the other? (This is why I thought pixar was 3rd party, but didn't find time to explore it.)
  • Both the Cop and the Detective learn a player's role. What's the difference between them?
  • Did Razor actually post as Dukasaur? That seems like the referee getting involved in the game.
  • And why post a cryptic message for Duk instead of "I am [the role they see themselves as]"?

I'll vote fusi for MVP for catching Ragian. Day 4 was exhausting and I was busy with work, so I don't know if I would have noticed it.

Answering to alleviate some from Raz, but I hope I'm correct. All my perspectives are from mafia.gg turbo, and one mafiauniverse game in spectator mode.
I think this game was meant to have very high rolepower, so indeed everything was strong. These setups on mafia.gg we call "randumbs", you have a certain ratio or Town, Third Party, and Mafia, and each player gets a random power role from that faction.
Why did Mafia lose their last night-kill ability? I'm used to any mafia member being able to perform the kill.

Me too, but I'm also used to non-meeting mafia roles. These roles cannot converse with other mafia players, but meeting mafia does know who they are. Raz seems to have chosen for a mix. Give everyone a scumchat also during the day (as usual in forummafia), but not every mafia has the power to 'visit' to kill. I dont think it matters much, because you'd be down to 9 with Duka very high on everyone's list.
What does it mean that "The Don" counts as 2 towards the Mafia majority?

Game ends with 3 town and 2 mafia if the Don is included, or 2 town and 1 Don. It's similar to the Puppy role in mafiagg, except the puppy votes also dont count during the day.
I don't understand the "group" mechanic. How could people visit someone as a group, and what would be the purpose of it?

I'll let Raz explain that himself :lol: . I'm used to the meeting mafia visiting a group. That way, if they visit a veteran for example, a random player of the group also dies.

If the game got down to Pixar and Ragian, how would it end since neither can kill the other? (This is why I thought pixar was 3rd party, but didn't find time to explore it.)

Game ends when Town no longer has a majority, regardless of Mafia's kill possibilities.

Both the Cop and the Detective learn a player's role. What's the difference between them?

Cop learns alignment, Detective learns role. Cop would be fooled by Don, Detective wouldn't(?).
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby joshzam on Thu May 18, 2023 10:03 am

Great work, Town!!! Great work, scum. But most of all, great work, Razor (and team)! It's a lot of work to manage one of these, and you did a great job. Thanks for all the planning, fun details, and care. You ran a great event.

I have a few questions:
  • What was meant on N1 by "There was no sight of General Bax and cdbridges"?
  • What was meant on D2 by "pershy, chanakam2020 and what you think is Maxleod are found curled up under the staircase"?
  • Same questions as degaston about Razor posting as Dukasaur and the cryptic message for Duk instead of "I am [the role they see themselves as]"?
This is not a sig
Major joshzam

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu May 18, 2023 10:15 am

"What was meant on D2 by "pershy, chanakam2020 and what you think is Maxleod are found curled up under the staircase"?"
-> Max was a Kitten.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Ragian on Thu May 18, 2023 10:18 am

Yeah, sorry I fucked it up. I think, however, it's very harsh saying that it was scum's game to lose. Especially when halrob lynched himself. :D

My MVP is Fusi. Hands down. While Dega is a good player and defo took over when needed, Fusi killed off the psychokiller N1, and he caught me in my ridiculous slipup.

I've never played in a mafia game where only 1 player can carry out the nightkill. I think that gives town an immense upper hand.

Finally, thanks for modding, Razor. I hope we can have a few more games. I would defo host a more vanilla game if some of the newbies want to try something that's not a complete mindfuck after night one. :D
Captain Ragian

Postby Dukasaur on Thu May 18, 2023 4:28 pm

Yeah I did not expect that we would lose the night kill.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dunk90 on Thu May 18, 2023 4:38 pm

Thanks for the game guys
I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum and right now I'm out of bubble gum......
Sergeant Dunk90

Postby Razorvich on Fri May 19, 2023 2:41 am

degaston wrote:

The only night kill abilities I gave were those in you player profiles, there was no intention to give MAFIA an extra kill per night.
If Mafia had a FREE kill each night, then Ragian would be killing someone, so thats a possibility of 2 kills per night PLUS, there is a chance that 2 are going to burn with the pyromanic, 3 shanks, a Jack, bodyguard,vetran... too many kills going on IMO.

degaston wrote:

When I looked into this, I could only assume that when I said DAY WHATEVER will end WHENEVER... that would be considered the LIMITED TIME

degaston wrote:

Town vs Mafia player count.. but DUKS counted as 2 for the MAFIA

degaston wrote:

I took this as multiple people visiting the same player at night... however, it didn't quite fit... MAX saw 2 people for example

degaston wrote:

Yep they both would have been screwed, but really things are over by the time there are only 3 players left

degaston wrote:

COP - Will recieve a report the next day detailing if the player is a Town, Mafia or 3rd party
DETECTIVE - Each night, may visit a player and learn their role

degaston wrote:

This was one of the reasons I picked this Role.... AS A MODERATOR OF THE SITE... I can MOD EDIT posts... so can also screw with the poster as well :twisted:
I did make a point of telling DUK that his post was edited... even if it was in a cryptic way.

degaston wrote:

You didn't exect that I was going to hand you all the DON?... One of his traits was to come back as TOWN when investigated... is this a type of investigation?
Instead I gave you the clues of what a MOB BOSS thinks he is
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Ragian on Fri May 19, 2023 3:40 am

I love it that Dega is leading the polls. He started out by gifting mafia a shank (which I had to google what was because I've learned from pershy that it is a contraction of having a shit and a wank at the same time) :lol:

In all seriousness, was this Fusi's first game?
Captain Ragian

Postby DukeHazzard on Fri May 19, 2023 8:25 am

Congrats on the win Town. Thanks Raz for hosting this. I learned a lot on my first game here. Looking forward to the next one.
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby degaston on Fri May 19, 2023 8:32 am

Ragian wrote:I love it that Dega is leading the polls. He started out by gifting mafia a shank (which I had to google what was because I've learned from pershy that it is a contraction of having a shit and a wank at the same time) :lol:

I knew giving you one could be a "double-edged shank", but I decided to risk it because my next two choices were josh and fusi, and I was nervous about what would happen if I gave them to inexperienced players. When you didn't use it the next night, I thought you were just being cautious and that I had chosen correctly. If josh or fusi had ever mentioned being told they had to use it the next night or give it away, I think I would have nailed you right away. As it was, the actorday killing and some of your comments had me suspicious for much of the game, but there was nothing to make a case with until the claim.

@Razorvitch: What about halrob? Was he telling the truth? Because if so, then I want to apologize for calling him a liar.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Dukasaur on Fri May 19, 2023 1:22 pm

Why?

I don't see anybody apologising for all the times I was called a liar.

Other than my role, I didn't lie about any of it.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby degaston on Fri May 19, 2023 1:40 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Why?

I don't see anybody apologising for all the times I was called a liar.

Other than my role, I didn't lie about any of it.

Are you forgetting about Audie Murphy? :lol:

But yeah, sorry. I was not expecting Raz to use his mod-powers like that.
As for halrob, I was very surprised that he would make that up, but I also didn't think that Razor would do something like that, even if he could.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Razorvich on Fri May 19, 2023 2:36 pm

degaston wrote:But yeah, sorry. I was not expecting Raz to use his mod-powers like that.

:twisted:
degaston wrote:As for halrob, I was very surprised that he would make that up, but I also didn't think that Razor would do something like that, even if he could.

MAX was correct in saying that the Moderation team on the site do not have the power to access peoples inboxes.

I sent roles out, then WILE cancelled on me so I had to reassign things.. so I just picked someone that hadn't read their role message yet.
Messages to people who havn't accessed thier inbox will stay in your OUTBOX.
I deleted the message I sent to halrob64 before he read it and sent him a new message.

I am sure you have all had a message deleted before it was delivered.
This was the deleted message he was referring to... but he never read it.
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby degaston on Fri May 19, 2023 3:04 pm

Razorvich wrote:
degaston wrote:But yeah, sorry. I was not expecting Raz to use his mod-powers like that.

degaston wrote:As for halrob, I was very surprised that he would make that up, but I also didn't think that Razor would do something like that, even if he could.

MAX was correct in saying that the Moderation team on the site do not have the power to access peoples inboxes.

I sent roles out, then WILE cancelled on me so I had to reassign things.. so I just picked someone that hadn't read their role message yet.
I deleted the message I sent to halrob64 before he read it and sent him a new message.

He said that there was a second message that he read, but was then deleted:
halrob64 wrote:This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered.
by Razorvich (previous message not delivered)
This is the point I'm making, this was a message that was removed before I saw it, another appeared which was clearly not meant for me as it named a Mafia informant and when I went back the message all trace if it was gone.
It is someone who posted here, I'm new to this and concerned that if I name names there will be retribution from Mafia members

Do you know what he's talking about?

Also, you can post a message as though it came from someone else, but you can't access their inbox?
Brigadier degaston

Postby Razorvich on Fri May 19, 2023 5:13 pm

degaston wrote:
Razorvich wrote:

He said that there was a second message that he read, but was then deleted:
halrob64 wrote:This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered.
by Razorvich (previous message not delivered)
This is the point I'm making, this was a message that was removed before I saw it, another appeared which was clearly not meant for me as it named a Mafia informant and when I went back the message all trace if it was gone.
It is someone who posted here, I'm new to this and concerned that if I name names there will be retribution from Mafia members

Do you know what he's talking about?

Also, you can post a message as though it came from someone else, but you can't access their inbox?

He was lieing
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby pershy on Sat May 20, 2023 3:36 am

Ragian wrote:I love it that Dega is leading the polls. He started out by gifting mafia a shank (which I had to google what was because I've learned from pershy that it is a contraction of having a shit and a wank at the same time) :lol:

lol yeah - Degaston is a good logical thinker and we had him pegged as town and trusted him, but I couldn't get him to lynch you LOL and fusi was the one who caught the lie. Difficult to catch in such a big game and it's not your fault you missed the soft claim, I did too. But when fusi pointed out he had caught 2 vets, I knew you were the 2nd one. Also fusi was responsible for our first mafia kill so he got my vote. But honorable mention to degaston who helped put order in the chaos and helped lynch halrod and to you Rage for appearing to be a helpful townie even though you were scummy as hell lol! =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant pershy

Postby DukeHazzard on Sat May 20, 2023 10:45 am

My question is, how does a 3rd party win? My win condition was to be one of 2 remaining players. The only way I can see a win for me is to be down to 1 town and 1 mafia and me. then convince one of the other 2 to lynch not me. Pretty rare situation.

Postby degaston on Sat May 20, 2023 1:09 pm

DukeHazzard wrote:My question is, how does a 3rd party win? My win condition was to be one of 2 remaining players. The only way I can see a win for me is to be down to 1 town and 1 mafia and me. then convince one of the other 2 to lynch not me. Pretty rare situation.

You had the same bonus win condition as Maxleod, and he won with town, so my interpretation is that IF you got down to two players, you would be the only winner and everyone else would lose. Otherwise, you win with town, like Max did. (I don't know what would happen if you and Max were the only ones left. :-k ) Maybe you could have even won with Mafia? (Which is one reason why 3rd party players are not generally trusted.)

Unlike Max, you weren't protected from night kills, so you probably don't want to appear too helpful and make yourself a scum target, but making up notes (we don't know the source, so there's no reason to believe them) and then changing your story to a direct investigation ability (now we know you've lied about something) was not the way to go. Off the top of my head, I'd say gather as much information as you can before revealing anything. You don't win with town unless you're alive, so, unlike a cop, you lose nothing by taking your information to the grave. You can hang onto it until you're under some pressure.

There are more town than any other faction, so asking if someone was town would be more likely to get you a yes answer and more questions. Or you could have tried a question like "Are degaston and fusi both town?" to clear multiple people at once, or identify a small group to ask a follow up question on.

Or you could have tried: "Were any scum voting for the lynch last night?" If you get a yes, you can ask if there was more than one scum, etc. until you get a no answer. Then you know exactly how many scum you need to find within a group.
Brigadier degaston

Postby DukeHazzard on Sat May 20, 2023 9:08 pm

I could have done better with the questions. I didn't know that there were more town at first. And I never thought about wrapping 2 questions into one. I should have definitely taken the made up note thing to the grave. Your relentless questioning had me rattled. Hats off to you, you played a good game. Thanks for the insight, I'll know better how to play next time.

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 22, 2023 10:07 am

Congrats and good to see a mafia game again.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Razorvich on Tue May 23, 2023 3:12 am

All prizes have now been awarded
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives