Conquer Club

The Thing TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Thing Day 3

Postby SoN!c on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:29 pm

SoN!c wrote:Im Fucks vanilla scientist.

I do not hold the flamethrower.

So its Strike or Votanic. Im not gonna say who i think because you just go for the other one then.

I'll vote whatever Traf votes and yes i was wrong on him. So sorry for the tunnelvision but i cant say it was not without good reasons. Hzppy to be right on EW being the N1 recruit just before N2 tho.

And Why flame Charle? You got 2 chances out of 3 if you lynch/flame me, Vot or Strike. And i already said its not me :D

If i was i would have come clean - just to defuse the personal anger management issues here.

Then after this i said it was Strike :lol:
Major SoN!c

Re: The Thing TOWN WINS!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:34 pm

True and looking back on it, its still hard to think about how i could approach it. I could have just left it out and informed you that you have the FT, but you'd have an uphill battle trying to convince that Mac had been converted. I don't believe i could have done anything differently other than just forgetting to PM Charle. It's tough to say.

In reality, I'd say that any mod that does what i just did is pretty dirty. I'm a pretty firm believer that mods shouldn't give tips or giveaways in fluff/theme scenes. I still feel dirty about it.
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby degaston on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:34 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Strike would also hate me for this, but if the original Thing died, the powers would have transferred but a 1 day delay and a 1 person limit conversion.

So if it weren't for the delay, Rag would have had recruiting power?
Brigadier degaston

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:36 pm

degaston wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:Strike would also hate me for this, but if the original Thing died, the powers would have transferred but a 1 day delay and a 1 person limit conversion.

Yes. If i didn't include a delay, town would have lost.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby degaston on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:37 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
degaston wrote:

@Rag, would you have recruited me?
Brigadier degaston

Postby SoN!c on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:38 pm

degaston wrote:

Yes, and a super Thing to do as inline with the original movie.

Great job DDS and Votanic =D> =D>
Major SoN!c

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:42 pm

degaston wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
degaston wrote:

@Rag, would you have recruited me?

Ha, told you to flame Rag, but good thing Town wins :D
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby degaston on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:50 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Ha, told you to flame Rag, but good thing Town wins :D

I might have done something different if I thought it mattered, but I decided to go with Strike's choice so he could choose his own fate. :D

My most important consideration was that I get recruited (if that was even possible) in case I vigged wrong.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Votanic on Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:24 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:True and looking back on it, its still hard to think about how i could approach it. I could have just left it out and informed you that you have the FT, but you'd have an uphill battle trying to convince that Mac had been converted. I don't believe i could have done anything differently other than just forgetting to PM Charle. It's tough to say.

In reality, I'd say that any mod that does what i just did is pretty dirty. I'm a pretty firm believer that mods shouldn't give tips or giveaways in fluff/theme scenes. I still feel dirty about it.

Yeah, I may give you a hard time about that as well.

No seriously, this turned out to be an excellent game: Congrats to DDS and town.

I did give it my best shot, but I am actually relieved that The Thing lost. Walking away from a game with a reputation as super-scum would certainly bite me in the ass next time.

Besides, as I already said to EW:
If you're Town, you play Town 100%. If you're Scum, you play Town 99.9%.

So having Town win, still fits in with almost all the actual (albeit ingenuous) arguments I did make in the game.

I will say that I feel like Ragian just bought the lucky lottery ticket on Day 1... Flavor-talk IS NOT a scum-tell. In fact, I promise right now, to be even more flavorful next time.
Captain Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:36 pm

Why neither you nor EW hammer me on D2? you could have converted sonic N2 had him lynched D3 and Win
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby strike wolf on Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:37 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:True and looking back on it, its still hard to think about how i could approach it. I could have just left it out and informed you that you have the FT, but you'd have an uphill battle trying to convince that Mac had been converted. I don't believe i could have done anything differently other than just forgetting to PM Charle. It's tough to say.

Honestly, Deg could have just said nothing and vigged Charle over night.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:47 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why neither you nor EW hammer me on D2? you could have converted sonic N2 had him lynched D3 and Win

Son!c wouldnt be a good recruit since there was talk of vigging him over night. If Charle hadn't claimed, I think the recruit would have been me or Swang.

My biggest regrets were a. Not pushing harder against the Swang lynch D2 as by the end I realized he probably wasn't Swang because the short night scene suggested that The Thing was an active player. b. Letting Son!c convince me about Traf and c. Not pushing for a Vot BT D3 as the more I read the EW posts day 2, the more obvious it is he was defending Vot.

Like I said, not my best game by a wide margin. I think the only good I did was day 1 was voicing the idea to BT someone new every day and not worry about previously BTed players until after the recruiter was caught and I don't think I even came up with that solely by myself.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:50 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Why neither you nor EW hammer me on D2? you could have converted sonic N2 had him lynched D3 and Win

I was scummy already and felt like my slot would be fine to not hammer. I thought you would get hammered by someone else. Then at some point you became so obviously town that I had to defend you before someone else did.

I also made some (wrong) assumptions. We thought we had to get the vig recruited but didnt know there would be a backup vig. Our recruiting did nothing because Charle was kinda outted by the 'leaving flamethrower behind' (I dont fault you DDS).

I was hoping that Charle knew he was getting recruited, so that he would vig a townie. but alas, Charle played true to his role and got a good shot off.

@DDS balance-wise a game like this is very hard to balance imo, so you did a good attempt at it. I think for a future game maybe the Thing should get a tracker role or a roleblock. W/ roleblock you could still pass the FT around if the user got blocked, w/ tracker the chances of Thing recruiting the FT increase slightly.

All in all, very fun game! Well played everyone and Rag, you were so on the money with me and Vot.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby degaston on Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:51 pm

strike wolf wrote:

Honestly, Deg could have just said nothing and vigged Charle over night.

If Charle had known, then maybe he could have come up with a more convincing excuse for losing the FT. If there hadn't been a message about it being lost and found, then I might have said nothing until the next day, but having the Thing leader think that the FT would just keep passing on if I was recruited was useful to me.

@Vot, am I correct in thinking that's why you didn't recruit me on N3?
Brigadier degaston

Postby Votanic on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:33 pm

strike wolf wrote:Like I said, not my best game by a wide margin. I think the only good I did was day 1 was voicing the idea to BT someone new every day and not worry about previously BTed players until after the recruiter was caught and I don't think I even came up with that solely by myself.

This observation is only WIFOM, after the fact. Actually, converting a previously BTed player makes a lot of sense. In this case, I did decide to flip the table on that logic, but I'm not claiming that was particularly brilliant of me.

Extreme Ways wrote:I was hoping that Charle knew he was getting recruited, so that he would vig a townie. but alas, Charle played true to his role and got a good shot off.

This wa a brilliant and unsuspected move by Charle. I would like to hear his thinking on how he chose EW.

Extreme Ways wrote:@DDS balance-wise a game like this is very hard to balance imo, so you did a good attempt at it. I think for a future game maybe the Thing should get a tracker role or a roleblock. W/ roleblock you could still pass the FT around if the user got blocked, w/ tracker the chances of Thing recruiting the FT increase slightly.

Game Balance: I'm not going to dwell on it... but these are the Town Advantages, fair or not.
ā€¢ 1 BT and 2 kills Vs. 1 Cult conversion
ā€¢ 2 unlimited vig replacements Vs. 1 delayed and single-shot recruiter replacement
ā€¢ Informing the Town that a Thing was recruited/recruiter, as opposed to just saying he was cult.
ā€¢ The Flamethrower clue.
ā€¢ ...and probably also allowing self-voting, which Sonic exploited all too well.

Extreme Ways wrote:All in all, very fun game! Well played everyone and Rag, you were so on the money with me and Vot.

The real gift of getting to play Cult was seeing just how randomly fingers were pointed and suspicion waxed and waned, regardless of whether they were correct or not.
The 'randwagon' element of this game is under-appreciated and the degree of confidence expressed of an opinion by its creator, should be given no weight whatsoever.
Avoiding pet theories/suspects and always working with multiple hypotheses is the big take-home for me from all this.
Captain Votanic

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:48 pm

Well I must say i have never played a purely cult game.

I enjoy much more normal games, but was a good experience I felt I was off in mi choices here but on point with overall strat.

Charle saved town with mastermind EW torch =D> =D>

Thanks DDS for the game.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:39 pm

If the big ambitious project doesnt kick off I'll host something after the holidays unless Traf beats me to it.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:49 pm

Also, meant to mention, Well-Played Vot. Didn't quite make it to the end but you played it really well for your first game here.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Charle on Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:54 am

This was really good, I enjoyed it and you guys played really well, I specially enjoyed the way that Deg worked it out in the end, brilliant!

Well done town!

Good job DDS, no worry about forgetting to send me the PM, we are all human. Looking forward to the next game!!
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Votanic on Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:08 am

Charle wrote:This was really good, I enjoyed it and you guys played really well, I specially enjoyed the way that Deg worked it out in the end, brilliant!

Well done town!

Good job DDS, no worry about forgetting to send me the PM, we are all human. Looking forward to the next game!!

Charle, what tipped you off to EW for the vig?
Captain Votanic

Postby Ragian on Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers for hosting, DirtyDude :-*
Captain Ragian

Postby Charle on Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:25 am

Votanic wrote:
Charle wrote:This was really good, I enjoyed it and you guys played really well, I specially enjoyed the way that Deg worked it out in the end, brilliant!

Well done town!

To be honest, Traf, you and EW was on my list for the thing since day 2. Then later, Traf really sounded very town to me and convinced me that he was town, so I had to decide between you and EW.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Votanic on Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:23 pm

Charle wrote:
Votanic wrote:

Well done town!

To be honest, Traf, you and EW was on my list for the thing since day 2. Then later, Traf really sounded very town to me and convinced me that he was town, so I had to decide between you and EW.

I guess that's a case of "It can always be better, It can always be worse"... for The Thing that is.
Captain Votanic

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives