Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (13/13) Sign Ups closed

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (13/13) Sign Ups closed

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:27 pm

Alabasia was not so much a city as an empire. In the wreckage of the world, its walls had endured while all around it was swallowed up in the Cataclysm. Years past as steel turned to rust and towering skyscrapers were reduced to dusty piles of ruin. The wilds reclaiming what mankind carved from it until only the most enduring materials remained. Yet still the walls of Alabasia endured.

The citizens of Alabasia were safe behind their walls and the city steadily grew. Yet the yearnings of society are rarely bound behind walls. Rather than allow the desires to leave grow until Alabasia was ripped apart from within, the leaders of Alabasia came to the agreement that wall would never be closed off to those who leave. Yet over decades and centuries no one who left ever came back after crossing out of sight of the walls.

Charles bent over and tossed a loose rock over the top of the high wall. It was a long while before the rock hit the dry earth below and by then, Charles could only imagine he heard the soft thud. Being a Watcher was supposed to be a great honor in their society but Charles instead believed it to actually be a punishment for those the city wanted out of the way. Future politicians cast far from the spotlight until their would-be rivals no longer needed to protect their power and others like Charles who couldn't hold down a regular job but had just enough connections to keep them off the streets.

Charles spent his days walking the wall until the night shift came to relieve him. The outer wall was large, spread out so that 3 or 4 vehicles could drive along it abreast and still leave room for the watchers to comfortably walk along the edges. Yet on most days, Charles would see no one on the wall except his fellow watchers and them only few and far between. Beyond the outer wall lay a stretch of desolate earth uniformly spread out in a ring until it reached the edge of an old forest of trees grown unhindered until they were nearly at eye level with Charles on top of his wall.

It was with a soft denial giving way into surprise that Charles noticed the soft glint of something shining in the middle of that desolate stretch. It's glint faded in and out rhythmically until he was sure that it could only be a person with something reflective. Half-tripping, he ran to find The Grand Watcher and report what he found. Arrison did not believe Charles' report but followed him back to the spot anyways, ready to make him spend a month on bathroom duty for wasting his time. He nearly dropped his gun when he saw the gleam himself. It took him a moment to think what to do before sending up a flare as a response. The glint continued but after a moment seemed to disappear back into the woods.

News of the encounter spread quickly through the city. Try as they might to keep it quiet, the rumor spread until it was accepted fact throughout every neighborhood by the end of the week. Masses petitioned Leadership, either to welcome the new friends or shut the city gates for good. Eventually it was decided that the city would send an exploratory group out into the unknown. All they need is volunteers.

Out of character: Alright. I was a bit drunk when I wrote most of this and I did minimal editing. So if you think the writing sucks, join the game and let me hear about it. If you like the writing, join the game and let me know. If you think I'm being too beholden to the opinion of anonymous online commenters on my silly mafia premise, join the game and let me know. If you're wondering why I'm doing this instead of the Colour of Magic game I suggested, join the game and ask me why.

Game will likely start when it looks like the Werewolf game is winding down. Set up will be dependant on how many people sign up but since it's my first time hosting a game in a while, I'll probably not put too many crazy roles into the game.

Players:

1. Votanic
2. Trafalgarlaw01
3. Charle
4. Dirtydishsoap the SK
5. *Pixar*
6. Son!c
7. Swang
8. Pmchugh
9. Devante
10. Loose Cannon
11. Ewebasher
12. Kingm
13. Fusibaseball

Replacements

1. Extreme Ways
2. Ragian
Last edited by strike wolf on Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:09 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (0/??)

Postby Votanic on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:40 pm

Sounds way cool. Yes, please.

Your writing is fine. It could be the start of the next LotR, GoT, or something like that...

I can't say that I was wondering why it wasn't the Colour of Magic..., but if it's an entertaining or noteworthy reason for not being so, by all means, do relay it.
Captain Votanic

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (1/??) Sign Ups

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:11 pm

Agree amazing writting. Got me hooked and wanted to read more.

I am in
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Charle on Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:20 am

In please
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:53 am

In please for fellow drunk. Gimme SK
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:15 am

Put me in coach
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SoN!c on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:51 am

Same here, put me in coach
Major SoN!c

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (6/??) Sign Ups

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:11 pm

Sweet, I'm SK.

My first night action; Wack Strike Wolf for obvious werewolf

LOOK AT HIS NAME
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:23 pm

Well...it worked in the other game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (0/??)

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:28 pm

Votanic wrote:Sounds way cool. Yes, please.

Your writing is fine. It could be the start of the next LotR, GoT, or something like that...

I can't say that I was wondering why it wasn't the Colour of Magic..., but if it's an entertaining or noteworthy reason for not being so, by all means, do relay it.

I still plan on doing it eventually but I think when I do it'll have to be a smaller game. Then the idea of doing a game with a story of my own creation seemed interesting and gives me a chance to take pressure off the idea of reserving high profile characters for fake claims.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:51 pm

put me down as sub
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby swang918 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:39 pm

Lets explore
Major swang918

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:03 pm

if theres only reliable people in here I want to play btw, but I think theres always a need for a sub.
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:06 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:if theres only reliable people in here I want to play btw, but I think theres always a need for a sub.

I do want at least 2 subs. If it becomes bigger I might hold out for a 3rd.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby pmchugh on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am

Like a long lost citizen shining a light on the walls of my old home, I have returned from the wild.

The city looks to have changed beyond recognition in the 12 years since I left, I will have to keep my wits about me to survive.

In.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby strike wolf on Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:31 am

pmchugh wrote:Like a long lost citizen shining a light on the walls of my old home, I have returned from the wild.

The city looks to have changed beyond recognition in the 12 years since I left, I will have to keep my wits about me to survive.

In.

Welcome back!

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Votanic on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:58 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:if theres only reliable people in here I want to play btw, but I think theres always a need for a sub.

Please tell me that you are at least somewhat aware of the ichorous irony slowly dripping off your above-quoted statement.
Captain Votanic

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:04 pm

Votanic wrote:

Please tell me that you are at least somewhat aware of the ichorous irony slowly dripping off your above-quoted statement.

I'm sorry that a game which started 4 weeks before my move was put on low prio for idk how long, probably like 10 days.
General Extreme Ways

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (8/??) Sign Ups

Postby Devante on Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:50 am

just saw this, put me in coach
Major Devante

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (8/??) Sign Ups

Postby Loose Canon on Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:20 am

in please awaaooooooo
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (10/??) Sign Ups

Postby Ewebasher on Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:35 am

In please
Captain Ewebasher

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (11/??) Sign Ups

Postby Kingm on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:37 am

in please
Highscore : 4349 Date : 17.6.12

Highscore after comeback : 3619 Date : 07.11.23

Colonel Kingm

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (12/??) Sign Ups

Postby fusibaseball on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:03 am

I'm in to be the night 2 fodder again. Let's get it
Field Marshal fusibaseball

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (13/??) Sign Ups

Postby strike wolf on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:06 am

Alright. I'm going to leave sign ups open probably through Wednesday and hope to have roles finalized by Friday. Still looking for at least 1 more replacement on top of anyone who still wants to sign up

Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond The Walls Mafia (13/??) Sign Ups

Postby pmchugh on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:48 pm

Had a quick glance at one of the other games and seen some talking when dead, talking at night etc. Can we make sure that doesn't happen this game?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Next

Return to Mafia Archives