Conquer Club

English Soccer Picking (15/16)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

English Soccer Picking (15/16)

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:16 am

I got this from another site. I have permission from that person to run my own competition. IF YOU WISH TO ENTER, PLEASE PM ME YOUR PICKS BY JULY 31, 11:59 PM CCT.

Pick 16 teams from The Premiership, Championship, Division One and Division Two leagues of English Football. Each team has a set value for the whole of the season 2015/2016 numbered from 92 down to 1.

The higher the team number, the better the team is at the start of the season. Each of the teams is ranked on the previous season’s standings and their estimated chance of relegation, promotion and championship prospects.

Simply choose 4 teams from each division that you think will perform well during the season with the proviso that you MUST follow the allocated points set out for each division as follows:-

PREMIERSHIP....................selections must not exceed 328 pts
CHAMPIONSHIP................selections must not exceed 240 pts
DIVISION ONE...................selections must not exceed 144 pts
DIVISION TWO..................selections must not exceed 48 pts

PREMIERSHIP
92 CHELSEA
91 Man City
90 Arsenal
89 Man Utd
88 Tottenham
87 Liverpool
86 Southampton
85 Swansea
84 Stoke
83 Crystal Palace
82 Everton
81 West Ham
80 West Brom
79 Leicester
78 Newcastle
77 Sunderland
76 Aston Villa
75 Bournemouth
74 Watford
73 Norwich

CHAMPIONSHIP
72 Hull City
71 Burnley
70 QPR
69 Middlesbrough
68 Brentford
67 Ipswich
66 Wolves
65 Derby
64 Blackburn
63 Birmingham
62 Cardiff
61 Charlton
60 Sheff Wednesday
59 Notts Forest
58 Leeds United
57 Huddersfield
56 Fulham
55 Bolton
54 Reading
53 Brighton
52 Rotherham
51 Bristol City
50 MK Dons
49 Preston

DIVISION ONE
48 Millwall
47 Wigan
46 Blackpool
45 Swindon
44 Sheff Utd
43 Chesterfield
42 Bradford
41 Rochdale
40 Peterbrough
39 Fleetwood
38 Barnsley
37 Gillingham
36 Doncaster
35 Walsall
34 Oldham
33 Scunthorpe
32 Coventry
31 Port Vale
30 Colchester
29 Crewe
28 Burton
27 Shrewsbury
26 Bury
25 Southend

DIVISION TWO
24 Notts County
23 Crawley
22 Leyton Orient
21 Yeovil
20 Wycombe
19 Steveange
18 Plymouth
17 Luton
16 Newport
15 Exeter
14 Morecambe
13 Northampton
12 Oxford
11 Dag & Redbridge
10 AFC Wimbledon
9 Portsmouth
8 Acc Stanley
7 York
6 Cambridge
5 Carlisle
4 Mansfield
3 Hartlepool
2 Barnet
1 Bristol Rovers

After 31st AUGUST 2015 , you will be able to make 8 changes for the WHOLE season. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE CHANGES.....BUT YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TO. This will be 2 teams from each Division, as long as Divisional allocated points are adhered to.
You can make any of those 8 changes at any time during the season BUT any changes made will only take affect at the beginning of the following month those changes are made.

For example - change Chelsea for Manchester United in the 3rd week of August and the change will take effect from 1st September and cannot be changed again, so Manchester United will remain as a choice till the season end.

Once a team has been changed, that team becomes locked for the remainder of the season, so choose your timing and choose your teams, very wisely.

SCORING
You will score points each time your teams win or draw in their respective leagues and in the FA Cup, League Cup and the Play-Offs at the end of the season.

If your chosen team wins a match, you will score the EXACT value of the opposition. If they draw, you will score HALF of the opposition’s value. If they lose, you will score ZERO pts.

EXAMPLE
Chelsea (92) beat Bournemouth (75)............Chelsea score 75pts and Bournemouth score 0 pts
Chelsea(92) draw with Bournemouth (75)…..Chelsea score 37.5pts and Bournemouth score 46 pts. Once again choose carefully as Home or Away has no advantage.
Chelsea (92) lose to Bournemouth (75).........Bournemouth score 92pts and Chelsea score 0 pts

This is where the extra incentive comes in when lower divisions take on the big clubs and can score BIG points. In normal circumstances BARNET (2) would only get a maximum of 24 pts if they beat NOTTS COUNTY(24), but if drawn in one of the cups with CHELSEA and they win.....they will score a massive 92 pts.

Therefore, a good cup run will yield a lot of points and because of this, normal league position and form is not always reflected in this game.
However, choosing the best teams does not always mean you will score the most points as no-one expected MORECOMBE (newly promoted) to do so well and finish 11th in their first season and No-one expected YEOVIL or STEVENAGE promoted from Non League football to gain further promotion in the following season.

There are lots of examples over the years. In the event of any extra time being played in Cup matches, it will only be the 90 minutes score that will count for points.

Please try to make your selections exactly the same format as the example below as it makes it so much easier for me to enter into my excel sheet. but obviously not those teams if you don’t want them, choose your own teams.
(Note, this would have been last years picks - use the numbers above)
PREMIERSHIP
92 Man City
87 Tottenham
74 Burnley
73 Q.P.R.

Total 328

CHAMPIONSHIP
72 Norwich
69 Derby
50 Brentford
49 Rotherham

Total 240

DIVISION ONE
48 Doncaster
44 Preston
26 Rochdale
25 Fleetwood

Total 143

DIVISION TWO
24 Tranmere
15 Plymouth
2 Luton
1 Cambridge Utd

Total 42

As long as you do not go above the divisional limits, you may choose who you wish and you do not have to use all points given in each division.
If you choose the teams with points Newcastle (76), Bournemouth (75), Watford (74) and Middlesbrough (73) from the Premiership........................that is your choice.

I will only accept a maximum of 50 entries (first 50 PMs to get to me). You will have until FRIDAY 31st JULY 2015 to enter your teams to score from the start. Any questions post them below.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Return to Forum Games