Conquer Club

Opinions wanted for Brazil map - 3rd continent done.

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should Brazil map be a more balanced one?

Total votes : 0

Opinions wanted for Brazil map - 3rd continent done.

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:43 am

Thanks to risk_06.
Putting images of first continent:

This is Southeast, as I had first imagined it:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/M ... deste5.jpg

This is "Central Axis" (Eixo Central) as I designed for a gigantic continent like Asia or China:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/M ... /eixo2.jpg

This is Northeast (Nordeste), second continent; Its for the alike other maps option:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/M ... deste3.jpg

This is 3rd continent, "Mato Grosso". I have decided make the map more alike the others first, and later, a version more balanced, too. You will can choose which version will be avaliable to play.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/M ... rosso3.jpg

Again, country dispersion for balanced version is sort of:

7 - 8 - 7
- 6 - 8

Dispersion of the 45 countries, in the more traditional map:

8 - 9 - 6
- 5 - 12

Obs: I would like very much some feedback about the already done continents, please.

Obs 2: brasileiros do Conquer Club, dêem umas opiniões pra me ajudar, ou me ajudem com a parte artística; depois não quero ninguém reclamando que não gostou do meu trabalho ;o)

Always words:
Ohh, I will need help with artistic part, too. I will need cool backgrounds, and someone that can write countries names, and reduce the images properly. I dont have good editor tools, and Im using Paint!!!! :cry:
Last edited by Marvaddin on Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Major Marvaddin

Postby qeee1 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:03 am

I wouldn't have it, so very balanced, differences add variety to the game, though I have always been of the opinion that holding oceania at the start is a pretty cheap (though sucessful and used) tactic.
Colonel qeee1

Postby supermarcol on Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:39 pm

usually, you need 42 countries for a risk map. Thats what the original risk board has, I'm guessing its cause you can divide it by nice numbers, or cause its just the answer to everything. As you might have seen, i'm working on a map too. You'll see its quite hard, but I really encourage you to do so. If this site can have all those unique maps it would be really neat. You should try to get something like photoshop, or some other program where you can work with layers, makes it much easier. And if you know someone who has a tablet pen for computer, makes it muuuuuuch easier. Well anyway, go ahead, post some drafts you have and get people to discuss it! Should work great!
-SuperMarcol
Sergeant 1st Class supermarcol

Postby meltinguras on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:19 pm

personally, i wouldn't expect a map of brazil before a map of canada comes out
Lieutenant meltinguras

Postby Marvaddin on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:34 am

Why?
Major Marvaddin

Re: Opinions wanted for Brazil map.

Postby Risk_06 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:37 pm

Marvaddin wrote:Im working in a Brazil map. I already finished first continent. I could put the image here, but how can I do it if the picture is in my HD, not internet? :?

Have you tried http://www.photobucket.com ? Really handy site for uploading pictures from your computer onto the internet.
Currently on vacation. Sorry.

Proud xiGAMES member!
http://xigames.net/forum
Click it! NOW!
Corporal 1st Class Risk_06

Postby kusunoki on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:02 pm

this website is canadian
Captain kusunoki

Postby Darkfire001 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:49 pm

Why would there be a brazil map?

A south American map would make much more sense in terms of sheer scale and playability because of the mountains of chile and what not :)
Lieutenant Darkfire001

Brazil map

Postby oman on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:22 pm

I think it is a good idea, but make it easy to understand unlike the Asia map

oman :mrgreen: :oops: :cry: :lol: :o :( :) :D :shock: :idea:
Cook oman

Postby Marvaddin on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:35 pm

Yes?? And why would there be a USA map? Or a Canada map? Or even an Asia map? Why dont we play in classic map forever??

More maps, more possibilities, no? Why dont you think a Brazil map could be cool? A North American map would make much more sense than an USA, too. And a world map, much more sense. Play only classic map.

Not sure, but Im realizing a bad feeling about Brazil here... maybe because is a poor country. It doesnt matter for me. Lack approved the idea and if some of you never play it, its ok. I dont understood the critics before I finish it, or even put it in discussion.

Instead of disencourage other people, I will encourage: why dont you make the South America map?

Edit: these words are to darkfire, not to you, oman. And know Im doing my best to be a good map. See the images... thats not confusing to me; and to you?
Major Marvaddin

Postby Mauddib28 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:54 am

Marvaddin wrote:Yes?? And why would there be a USA map? Or a Canada map? Or even an Asia map? Why dont we play in classic map forever??

More maps, more possibilities, no? Why dont you think a Brazil map could be cool? A North American map would make much more sense than an USA, too. And a world map, much more sense. Play only classic map.

Not sure, but Im realizing a bad feeling about Brazil here... maybe because is a poor country. It doesnt matter for me. Lack approved the idea and if some of you never play it, its ok. I dont understood the critics before I finish it, or even put it in discussion.

Instead of disencourage other people, I will encourage: why dont you make the South America map?

Edit: these words are to darkfire, not to you, oman. And know Im doing my best to be a good map. See the images... thats not confusing to me; and to you?

iiiieeeee!!!! VAI BRAZIL!!!! I think there should be a Carnival map, like of rio, salvador, olinda, etc. that would be fun and have the samba school duel each other, hahahaha. Yea so anyway Carnival this year was awsome in both Salvador (dancing in blocos) and in Rio for the Parade of Champions!!! Lagoa Azul! Beja-flor! Yea... so kinda random but my point is that dont diss the Brazil map, cause Brazil is awsome!
Private 1st Class Mauddib28

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas