Conquer Club

Computer [Abandoned]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is this a good idea?

Total votes : 0

Postby Jdogg on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:07 pm

You should also update the picture on the first page so people will vote on the good updated map and not the bad one you have on the first page.
Private 1st Class Jdogg

Postby nascarfan38124 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:24 am

there i updated the pic to the last one (not like it helped any more people just voted no on it) i posted and hoping i can finish a new pic to post soon
petebob wrote:You should drop out of school immediately--it's impinging on your game!
Lieutenant nascarfan38124

Postby Molacole on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:03 am

concept is fine

unpleasent to they eye

nothing seems to be molding together and it just looks like a bunch of things forced into position to make it playable.

Try and make a picture where detail and looks is most important. Once it looks good it'll just be a matter of time until you finish your tweeking.

right now it just doesn't look like anything belongs where it is.

Maybe put something in the back ground? could try a computer desk and see if that gets you anywhere even if you don't use it for territories it'' sure help a few things tie in together.

Try giving it an isometricle view of things especially with the mouse pad. You could even just use the tower with like top side of tower, face of tower, right side of tower that way the wires will look more natural when they're coming out of the back of it.

All in all I think it has potential if you have the time and energy to revamp it...
Lieutenant Molacole

idea

Postby nascarfan38124 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:30 am

i thought what about a laptop?

the continents will be the keyboard (divided in two) the touch pad (mouse) and the screen which can be divided in two if needed(probably will)

this would probably be better because it would eliminate the large gaps created by the extra equipment and it would also make the cluttered spaces (such as the keyboard) bigger so the names (and numbers) can fit better

i dont see how nobody thought of this before but i think this is now how the final will probably turn out to because it fixes most of the major problems of the first (except the problem of not enough counties)

how does this design sound?
petebob wrote:You should drop out of school immediately--it's impinging on your game!

Postby Ishiro on Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:20 am

You need to put the circles (army shadows, or whatever you want to call them) on the map. Some of it may begin to look really cluttered once you add in the circles and army counts.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby nascarfan38124 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:52 pm

wait is there a special way to do that or do i just make circles and shade them in?

Postby nascarfan38124 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:42 pm

Im done with map if anybody wants to finish it they can because i am just not the kind of person to sit at my computer and finish something like this. Also acording to the poll nobody likes the idea much anyways. I also relized that it is easier to make a map of an actual map because it is flat anything else smaller needs to be in 3d or it just lookes really bad. I have tried gimp and cant understand it at all i liked inkscape better but i cant make the picure real good using that program. I dont think it is the program i think it is my inability to make what the public wants i tried to leave befor but came back to it but now i am done for sure. I no longer want any part of making a map on cc so as i can focus on games now mabye entering a tournament.

thanks for all your help

Postby gavin_sidhu on Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:16 am

Aawww. I was liking your improvements.

Anyway if you decide to change your mind and you are using GIMP, here is a site with a GIMP extension containing computer symbol stuff:

http://www.gimphelp.org/cursor_brushes.html
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby nascarfan38124 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:31 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:Aawww. I was liking your improvements.

Anyway if you decide to change your mind and you are using GIMP, here is a site with a GIMP extension containing computer symbol stuff:

http://www.gimphelp.org/cursor_brushes.html

thanks for your help but GIMP is just too confusing to me because it has 3 boxes and i dont understand half of the tools but thanks anyway

Postby gavin_sidhu on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:25 pm

The site also has help pages with flash presentations of how to do it, bottom left. Well whoever is continuing this, check out

http://www.funny-games.biz/beatup-pc.html

it has a pretty good picture of a computer at the beginning which would work more than the 2d version previously.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby Rook38 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:40 pm

it's a little confusing
Corporal Rook38

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas