Conquer Club

[16-Jan-2006] Double turns and deadbeats

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby wcaclimbing on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Jaleb wrote:So how comes a player to night,got triple his missed rounds?I say you missed rounds your out)Simple)?
Another thing that would be interesting(Speed rounds)Say so long too take your turn?

if you miss 2 turns and play on the 3rd, you get the armies from the two plus the ones that turn. thats 3 turns total (triple)
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby IccleJim on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:25 pm

Surely if you want to "punish" someone for not taking his go is not to double his armies in the next round? Acceptably this is perhaps unfair if he is caught short (e.g. called away by the boss or wife [any difference?!]). Alternatively if you deadbeat, you could perhaps be "fined" the winner's score, rather than just lose your own points to him...
Cadet IccleJim

Postby ponnet on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:51 pm

but som1 can miss his turn' from broken pc to lost conection to th internet or somthing....
Private 1st Class ponnet

Postby Byrn Dragonstone on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 pm

nice :D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: ](*,) :-$ :-^ :-# O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-k [-( 8-[ [-o< [-X :^o =P~ #-o =D> :mrgreen: :| hahahaha this is great i hate dead beats
Cadet Byrn Dragonstone

Postby picaman on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:45 pm

Suggest an alternate, from a newbe. One way to cut down total wait time is for recuits only 2 total miss turns......if they are interested in playing they will, and/or cut their response time to 12 or 18 hours instead of 24 hours. My suggestions may not be liked by all, but once you have retained a rank then it would revert back to the current limitations.

Just a suggestion from a newbe
Cook picaman

Re: Deadbeats...

Postby Goz83 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:32 am

aceofcups wrote:Yes Deadbeats are annoying but surely we can take a balanced perspective on this,ie...Some of them are simply people who have "searched" for games through Yahoo etc and are therefore simply either trying it for the first time..or..have played before but,unlike us dyed in the wool commited freaks,simply see it as fun.These people have no idea how frustrating they are!..If we restrict entry too much or "lean" on the newcomers too much we remove the fum/relaxed element of our game and thus risk scaring off the new blood which otherwise would join us...May i point out that WE have all gone through the process as it is/was and it has done us no harm...I read a comment from a guy who pronounced deadbeat-newcomers as being "easy meat" but i consider this point of view as twisted and not in keepimg with the wonderful ethos of the "real" players that i have had the pleasure of encountering in the short time that i have been a member of this most excellent club. In short: Its fine the way it is...leave it alone and look to your own advancement....Cheers! Karl (aceofcups)

I totally agree with the disagreement of new recruits being "easy meat" because i'm only playing conquer club about 2 weeks now and i've won 55% of my games (11 completed so far) and i've been promoted to corporal. Call me easy meat and i'll tear you a new asshole. I think this site is great but it does need more control over dead beating because I was in 2 separate games with a deadbeat. he was kicked from 1 game and i recommended he be kicked from the other but i had to wait an extra couple of days for him to be automatically kicked. It ruined the games for me.

Maybe a rule should be implemented like......miss one turn before you complete your first game and you get kicked. This would save days against those who register and never return but would allow them to return if they wanted to play again. THIS RULE SHOULD BE IN VERY LARGE FONT ON THE REGISTRY PAGE.
Corporal Goz83

Re: Deadbeats...

Postby Kawg of war on Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Goz83 wrote:
aceofcups wrote:Yes Deadbeats are annoying but surely we can take a balanced perspective on this,ie...Some of them are simply people who have "searched" for games through Yahoo etc and are therefore simply either trying it for the first time..or..have played before but,unlike us dyed in the wool commited freaks,simply see it as fun.These people have no idea how frustrating they are!..If we restrict entry too much or "lean" on the newcomers too much we remove the fum/relaxed element of our game and thus risk scaring off the new blood which otherwise would join us...May i point out that WE have all gone through the process as it is/was and it has done us no harm...I read a comment from a guy who pronounced deadbeat-newcomers as being "easy meat" but i consider this point of view as twisted and not in keepimg with the wonderful ethos of the "real" players that i have had the pleasure of encountering in the short time that i have been a member of this most excellent club. In short: Its fine the way it is...leave it alone and look to your own advancement....Cheers! Karl (aceofcups)

I totally agree with the disagreement of new recruits being "easy meat" because i'm only playing conquer club about 2 weeks now and i've won 55% of my games (11 completed so far) and i've been promoted to corporal. Call me easy meat and i'll tear you a new asshole. I think this site is great but it does need more control over dead beating because I was in 2 separate games with a deadbeat. he was kicked from 1 game and i recommended he be kicked from the other but i had to wait an extra couple of days for him to be automatically kicked. It ruined the games for me.

Maybe a rule should be implemented like......miss one turn before you complete your first game and you get kicked. This would save days against those who register and never return but would allow them to return if they wanted to play again. THIS RULE SHOULD BE IN VERY LARGE FONT ON THE REGISTRY PAGE.

i recently had an idea regarding the deadbeat problem. i think that if you deadbeat your first turn in a game, then you should automatically be kicked. the 3 missed turn rule should only come into effect after a player has taken at least one turn.
Kawg of War wrote:Send me a PM if you are looking for a 1v1 game!
Cadet Kawg of war

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives