Conquer Club

AJAX and Server Performance

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby alcazar on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:03 am

Dont know if this is right place to post this.....
i am hitting end attack but it does not let me end attack....happened more than 2 times in different games....has anyone else experienced this ?
Major alcazar

Location: 450 miles (725 km) north of Greenland in the middle of the Arctic Ocean

Postby JesusReigns on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Yeah it seems when hitting begin, attack, deploy, advance, or anyother button it takes longer to load. Why is that?
Captain JesusReigns

Postby TheTeacher on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:22 pm

Um... I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but...

the server freezing up is now starting to become a major annoyance. Previously, when stuff froze for ten minutes, or something, I would just walk away and come back (I don't play any speed games) but today I hit "begin turn" and then as I was pondering where to deploy my armies, the server must have frozen up... and I checked in again after 10 minutes... and 20 minutes, and 30 minutes... other websites work fine, and everything seems to be fine with my computer, but the CC server was obviously having issues... and then I gave up, and about two hours later returned to my computer and it seemed to have cleared up... having missed my turn essencially, becuase I had hit "begin turn" and had run out of time... I don't get a card, I don't get those armies for that turn, I didn't even get the missed turns multiplier next turn. This was extremely frustrating.
Captain TheTeacher

I don't like this new settings

Postby Niki_1987 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:48 pm

You have made me very dissapointed because this game was easy, simple and relax. Now with too much useless repetitive things it all looks kitsch and complicated. The same data on a different ways who we could count by our self is fairly useless. This game looks now like it's for retarded people. You have disgust my formerly best online game. That is my opinion. :( :!:
Sergeant 1st Class Niki_1987

Postby alcazar on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:04 pm

oh god !!! I cant end my game ...what to do ? ????
Major alcazar

Location: 450 miles (725 km) north of Greenland in the middle of the Arctic Ocean

tr

Postby SPARTAN62 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:52 pm

the reson why where geting so many people is because http://www.youda is avertising
Cook SPARTAN62

Postby qingshun on Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:43 am

Timminz wrote:AJAX takes a long time to load sometimes. The map refreshes properly, but the buttons don't reappear for over a minute sometimes. makes speed games very stressful. Most of the time it's only 10 seconds or less, but those occasional times are really frustrating. Any idea why this happens or how to fix it?

Yes this is happenning to me too.

I have no scripts installed but recently with this AJAX thingy, the game has been lagging very badly for me again. Previously I will disable the AJAX from my settings page and things would be back to normal (ie game will be fast), now with this option removed, I had to wait like almost forever for the dice to show up the results of a battle.

What I am doing now is to immediately click on another page and then click back to my game again and the result of whether I won the battle or not will be known.

Pls help to look into this problem if you insist AJAX is working.. cause it obviously is not working for me. (the first few days was ok but subsequently it went from bad to worse)

Thanks.
Major qingshun

Postby Johnny Rockets on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:56 pm

Anyone from admin, or any mods care to comment??
JRF
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby loopinvariant on Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Johnny Rockets wrote:Anyone from admin, or any mods care to comment??
JRF

lack doesn't believe us and wants to "wait and see."

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 777#879777
Corporal 1st Class loopinvariant

Postby AAFitz on Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:26 pm

its not that he doesnt believe us... he just needs to know if its a problem with the coding, or if he needs to upgrade the hardware...

one takes a lot of time, the other a lot of money, so he has to be sure of whats going on first...
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Can someone help me plz ?

Postby Mighty Warrior on Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:12 pm

It's impossible to begin all my turns since the change. My computer is an old Mac(G3 with os9.2) so I can't install Firefox. Where can I go to change my settings? I don't have any scripts installed. My last 15games are now over and I loose them all 'cause I can't play. What can I do? thanks
Corporal 1st Class Mighty Warrior

Postby Gold Knight on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 pm

Yeah, something is up now Lack. Ever since the server was changed, my computer will not let me play at certain times, and it really hurts in the middle of a speed game, which I had last night but CC would freeze as soon as I signed on, thus I lost 27 points for no reason.

Whats the deal?
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby yeti_c on Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:56 am

loopinvariant wrote:
Johnny Rockets wrote:Anyone from admin, or any mods care to comment??
JRF

lack doesn't believe us and wants to "wait and see."

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 777#879777

He also mentions that there is an area he needs to fix - which he hoped would've been yesterday... I assume he didn't manage tp fix it yet... but I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby qingshun on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Hmm... I just played a turn and it seems ok now. The dice is showing up fast enuff. No longer have to wait like 3 min for the dice to be shown. It seems like the whole website is faster now too. Even the menu and forum page loads fast. Wonder what had been done to fix this issue. Clear the cache?

I will help to monitor this and post any comment I have. Cheers.

EDIT: I think I notice something. When I use Opera browser to play, it will play well. But if I used back IE, then the dice shown will be slow.
Major qingshun

Postby lackattack on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:09 pm

I finally have some news to report :)

On the AJAX front, I fixed a problem that was the cause of several complaints: the game would freeze up when there is a communication timeout between your browser and the server. Now, when there is a timeout (which can happen because of a poor internet connection or if the server is overwhelmed) it will ask you if you want to wait another 10 seconds or cancel, after which you may continue playing the game.

I also fixed an AJAX issue with Internet Explorer that sometimes kicked you out of the game, to the home page.

On the server front, I've been doing a lot of monitoring and research and I've found a bottleneck with the dice. A fix is in the works...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby khazalid on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:23 pm

has anyone else noticed a big on screen lag today? its taking 30 secs+ sometimes for the effects of dice to show
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby cena-rules on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:26 pm

khazalid wrote:has anyone else noticed a big on screen lag today? its taking 30 secs+ sometimes for the effects of dice to show

nah cc for me has been faster than normal today
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby lackattack on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:29 pm

khazalid wrote:has anyone else noticed a big on screen lag today? its taking 30 secs+ sometimes for the effects of dice to show

It is the dice bottleneck. It happens when there are too many people online rolling the dice at the same time.
Sergeant lackattack

Ajax

Postby Gilles#1 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Thank's Lack, it's fixed for me.
Captain Gilles#1

Postby DiM on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:45 pm

lackattack wrote:

It is the dice bottleneck. It happens when there are too many people online rolling the dice at the same time.

that's why i never roll the dice. i mentally controll them and triple sixes appear all the time. :twisted:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby ps3 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:01 pm

=D> ur a hero
Corporal ps3

Postby Herakilla on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:14 pm

DiM wrote:
lackattack wrote:

that's why i never roll the dice. i mentally controll them and triple sixes appear all the time. :twisted:

how do you mentally control a computer? :? :-k
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby TheTeacher on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:16 pm

Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:
lackattack wrote:

how do you mentally control a computer? :? :-k

by hitting the "Ctrl" key, duh.

dang... that was really cheesy...

:? 8) :? :lol:
Captain TheTeacher

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:47 am

lackattack wrote:I finally have some news to report :)

On the AJAX front, I fixed a problem that was the cause of several complaints: the game would freeze up when there is a communication timeout between your browser and the server. Now, when there is a timeout (which can happen because of a poor internet connection or if the server is overwhelmed) it will ask you if you want to wait another 10 seconds or cancel, after which you may continue playing the game.

I also fixed an AJAX issue with Internet Explorer that sometimes kicked you out of the game, to the home page.

On the server front, I've been doing a lot of monitoring and research and I've found a bottleneck with the dice. A fix is in the works...

Great news Lack... and well found - problems like this can be a right pain to diagnose...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lackattack on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:23 am

I think I fixed the dice bottleneck. You should no longer experience a delay when rolling during peak hours :)
Sergeant lackattack

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives