Conquer Club

Updates 12/22/13 - Gaming Interface, Speed Autos, Maps Page

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 12/22/13 - Gaming Interface, Speed Autos, Maps P

Postby angola on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:14 am

Works now!
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:42 am

I am not sure if it has been mentioned (probalby has been) but your main page link goes to the previous update, November 23rd announcement.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby sdh on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:57 am

Playing through my turns now and really like the update. Is a site map rank in the works?

Thanks!
Major sdh

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 am

I like all the update features but unless I am missing something it appears I can only have one thing open at a time. And the action box doesn't resize. This occurs both on my iPad using Safari and my iMac using Firefox (bob turned off, cache cleared, Firefox restarted)

I have played with the little circles which don't seem to do much except move things from the bottom to the side and back again.

It's playable and I like where your are going, especially having bob functions on my iPad, so I will be patient while the bugs are worked out.
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Jippd on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:47 am

"snap to chat" does not produce a duplicate snap as bob always did. "snap to panel" will post a duplicate snap though. Any chance to fix it so it doesn't post duplicate just like "post to chat"?
Major Jippd

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:03 am

bigWham wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:I turned on this new interface... but it does not work for me.. As shown below... it says it is going to move right... and I click it and it does nothing... It is totally unusable to me right now.

firefox
windows 7
some add ons

Click image to enlarge.

does that happen if you disable GM, particularly bob? also, could you clear your cache to make sure no stale files are being used.

i see there is some chat underneath the console which should not be there. beyond that i do recognize the state that that screen is in. is there a map visible? could you report what the Web Console says?

Cashe cleared

With Grease off it works, when I turn grease on it does not work. If I take off bob it sorta works but not really..

Also please hurry and fix Clickable maps.. the non site version.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby TeeGee on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:10 am

Bruceswar wrote:
bigWham wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:I turned on this new interface... but it does not work for me.. As shown below... it says it is going to move right... and I click it and it does nothing... It is totally unusable to me right now.

firefox
windows 7
some add ons

Click image to enlarge.

does that happen if you disable GM, particularly bob? also, could you clear your cache to make sure no stale files are being used.

i see there is some chat underneath the console which should not be there. beyond that i do recognize the state that that screen is in. is there a map visible? could you report what the Web Console says?

Cashe cleared

With Grease off it works, when I turn grease on it does not work. If I take off bob it sorta works but not really..

Also please hurry and fix Clickable maps.. the non site version.

Hey Bruce, you should know that the only person who has access to fix that is the person who wrote the script.. CC does not have access to the actual script or the site it is hosted on.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:13 am

Yes I know... that was added in a bit of frustration... CC is nearly unplayable for me right now. I am sooo used to CM and then it is gone... Blah!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby codierose on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:42 am

Bruceswar wrote:Yes I know... that was added in a bit of frustration... CC is nearly unplayable for me right now. I am sooo used to CM and then it is gone... Blah!

Me to :evil: merry Xmas
Major codierose

Postby codierose on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 am

bigWham wrote:
shoop76 wrote:Its kind of a mess trying to figure out this new stuff. Trying to rush through my turns and now I can't attack using clickies. I have to use the drop down box every time. Its a pain.

sorry to cause you pain. understand that a very low % of all players use clickies, and additionally the fact that they break with every change is one of the motivations behind this update (i.e. bob would break with every update).

Haha what crock of shit very low % my ass clickies was implemented into site because of high usage. the reason why most of us dont use it is because the site clickies is shit no surprise there. If it wasn't for third party scripts most of the players won't be here. Oh and thanks very much my screens all gone to f*ck on my iphone the layout is all fucked up. =D> =D> =D> I wonder if PayPal will give me a refund for a shit purchase that was altered after purchase. Every fucking day this site gets worse thanks very much on Xmas eve aswell merry fucking Christmas
Major codierose

Postby Leehar on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:06 am

Shannon Apple wrote:On the Active Clan war info pages it is now showing a small icon of each map in the war + the settings. Previously it showed game numbers and which games were already won and by which clan (which was much more helpful to the clans).

Was this intentional, or also a bug?

The Map & settings was a desired addition.

If you hover over the map, you can see the game number (and if you click you can follow it through to the game)

You should still see Clan that won the game on it's right
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby sdh on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:15 am

codierose wrote:
bigWham wrote:
shoop76 wrote:Its kind of a mess trying to figure out this new stuff. Trying to rush through my turns and now I can't attack using clickies. I have to use the drop down box every time. Its a pain.

sorry to cause you pain. understand that a very low % of all players use clickies, and additionally the fact that they break with every change is one of the motivations behind this update (i.e. bob would break with every update).

Haha what crock of shit very low % my ass clickies was implemented into site because of high usage. the reason why most of us dont use it is because the site clickies is shit no surprise there. If it wasn't for third party scripts most of the players won't be here. Oh and thanks very much my screens all gone to f*ck on my iphone the layout is all fucked up. =D> =D> =D> I wonder if PayPal will give me a refund for a shit purchase that was altered after purchase. Every fucking day this site gets worse thanks very much on Xmas eve aswell merry fucking Christmas

:shock:

Why not just disable Greasemonkey and use the site clickies, there's really not much difference
Major sdh

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:21 am

sdh wrote:
codierose wrote:
bigWham wrote:

:shock:

Why not just disable Greasemonkey and use the site clickies, there's really not much difference

There really is.. The non site version is much better
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Armandolas on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:38 am

Costumization should be made with "free movement". Something like chatglove. Is it not possible?( i sse i can do it with the action panel only..can we not extend it to other tools?)
If i want to have my screen like before it will take much more space now...starting by the snapshot board that is 5 times bigger

i would also would like to write someting in chat or read previous stuff and i cant
Colonel Armandolas

Postby InnyaFacce on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:52 am

mcshanester29 wrote:I appreciate what your trying to do but I would rather updates came out a little slower and tested better than just rolled out.

Also I have used clickies for a long time and the site clickies really suck...I agree with tec805 on clickies...now taking turns is really a bear :x

Clickies still do not work ...
I cannot make any adjustments on them

DAS SCHLOƟ āœŖ DOUBLES āœŖ F/S āœŖ 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK āœŖ 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby BGtheBrain on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:59 am

Not sure I agree with the "low % of players use clickies" statement entirely.
At the very least, Id think it would fall into the Pareto principle.

yes, maybe the thousands of freemiums who play 4 games at a time dont use them, but Id think many clan members and the like use it.

I really wish this site would announce "Upcoming Updates" and then update 24 hours later, instead of changing stuff and fixing later.

with that being said, its always good to see how quickly the site is moving along.

Good work, but clickies is crucial. I also like Bob, but from what Ive tried out so far, the site version is decent.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:03 am

BGtheBrain wrote:Not sure I agree with the "low % of players use clickies" statement entirely.

yes, maybe the thousands of freemiums who play 4 games at a time dont use them, but Id think many clan members and the like use it.

I really wish this site would announce "Upcoming Updates" and then update 24 hours later, instead of changing stuff and fixing later.

with that being said, its always good to see how quickly the site is moving along.

Good work, but clickies is crucial. I also like Bob, but from what Ive tried out so far, the site version is decent.

Why is not possible to include the owners off the add ons in the beta site ? They could have an update ready to roll out alongside the main CC changes every time.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Barney Rubble on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:05 am

bigWham wrote:
jltile1 wrote:This really sucks playing on a I pad most of the time, the auto and assault button are right next to eachother. Most people are right handed and all that is on the very left of the screen. I can only imagine taking a turn from a phone and miss clicking. All these changes in a short amount of time I personally don't like them. Changed my whole game up. I think CC is trying to do to much to fast.

CC was never designed for an ipad. this update was intended to improve, but not perfect, the tablet/mobile experience. everyone that tested it reported that it has improved the experience.

try the following, if you have not: hide the left nav in game, move the console to the bottom of the map, and float the action panel. if this is not improving the experience over what it had been there is an issue somewhere with what you are experiencing.

Funny you say CC wasn't really designed for the Ipad and yet I have been here since 2010 and have always had a very smooth slick running gameplay and screen !! Now.........??I like others appreciate everyones effort to enhance the site but it does seem too much too soon.
I hate to harp on the chat option but Bedrock speed games are a very social place and having to click back and forth all the time is a bothersome little feature for sure
Merry Christmas All !!
BR
Captain Barney Rubble

Postby Godd on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 am

has anyone ever thought about Beta testing updates for the site before issuing the updates?
I have not had the site working properly for over a month on my end at least.
I have to enter through the forums to sign in due to home page wont load properly and now the game play itself is messed up.
It has to refresh every play and sometimes does not move the correct number of armies wanted. In forts it dbls the amount moved if available.

It was blamed on me using a older version of explorer but my new version (explorer 8 on work computer) does the same as my older one at home
I don't know but I am losing confidence in the site
Major Godd

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks for breaking clickies, enforcing us to use the shit site ones.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby kuma32478 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 am

Every time I click attack or any type of move, I constantly have to refresh the browser. I am on IE 9 on Window's Vista and it's a pain. All new features are disabled.
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby codierose on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:59 am

kuma32478 wrote:Every time I click attack or any type of move, I constantly have to refresh the browser. I am on IE 9 on Window's Vista and it's a pain. All new features are disabled.

its ok bud no one uses clickies add on
but i feel your pain :evil:
Major codierose

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:01 am

So I decided to try out the site's new "BOB".. What a crock of shit. You can't move it, it's ugly as f*ck, it provides info the majority of us don't care about.. If this is the way CC is going I'm gone.

Much better using BOB the add-on. Now all we need is the good clickies back, not the shite version. Oh, and the game log to be fixed too.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Foxglove on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:52 am

jetsetwilly wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:Not sure I agree with the "low % of players use clickies" statement entirely.

Why is not possible to include the owners off the add ons in the beta site ? They could have an update ready to roll out alongside the main CC changes every time.

We are trying to do so, but the problem is that most of the add on developers are no longer particularly active on CC. And this is why it will be better to have this functionality integrated into the site, though it's not a painless transition.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby codierose on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:06 pm

cc clickies is already integrated but shit why dont you just change it so its the same as the add on version
Major codierose

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives