Conquer Club

Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Lets REWRITE the RULES!!!!!

Postby aastaley on Sat May 30, 2015 12:01 am

I would sure like to "chat" pre-game with the other players who are waiting for the game to start.
Private 1st Class aastaley

Postby egerskydiver on Sat May 30, 2015 3:49 am

I will help!
Lieutenant egerskydiver

Postby waauw on Sat May 30, 2015 5:31 am

AlexTo wrote:As long as I can disable the formal truce option. It should be obvious to players when a truce is needed. It doesn't need putting into words or fixed via programming.

Oh believe me, it does need putting into words quite often.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby top banana on Sat May 30, 2015 12:01 pm

PM Sent
Cook top banana

Postby aastaley on Sat May 30, 2015 9:29 pm

I would really like to see the "chat" window active before the game starts.
A revamp of the rating system, allowing say 100 responses total then the oldest ones fall off so that a players rating can reflect a more current style of behavior.
That's my two cents.
Private 1st Class aastaley

Postby waauw on Sat May 30, 2015 9:39 pm

aastaley wrote:I would really like to see the "chat" window active before the game starts.
A revamp of the rating system, allowing say 100 responses total then the oldest ones fall off so that a players rating can reflect a more current style of behavior.
That's my two cents.

+1
Lieutenant waauw

Postby molespe on Sun May 31, 2015 12:04 am

I would been keen on contributing on the reflection
Major molespe

Postby Fewnix on Sun May 31, 2015 1:47 am

you and I and BigWham have solved problems with this site before
show

and put love in the air
show

--

So you know I care about the site and want to see it succeed.

What can I do?
8-[
Few

TeeGee wrote:That's right, the entire site is set for a major overhaul.

I'm not just talking forum rules, I am ready to set new game rules, new chat rules etc. If it has anything to do with Conquer Club, it will be looked at.

And I NEED your HELP

I already have a few brave people to assist on what will be a mammoth task, but CC rules were written in 2006, some are not applicable now.
And now we have tablets and phones we can connect and play on as well so that is another area to look at.

There is a LOT that will be covered, so I am looking for members who really care about the future of this site and want to see it succeed.
I don't need everyone to agree with me, debate is good. If you disagree with what I am saying I want to hear from you too.

Do you have the dedication to join the new Rules and Discipline committee? Come help out and make a difference.

PM me if interested and lets get CC running the way it should be.
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby Bullinger on Sun May 31, 2015 7:02 am

Breaking written truces is a part of the game. Not one that I ever do, but something that I need to be wary about. This IS one area that the ratings affect. You can know the type of player you're playing with ahead of time. I'd be interested in helping out w/ the rules as well.
Sergeant 1st Class Bullinger

Postby jkraze on Sun May 31, 2015 9:10 am

I have one suggestion. Create a vacation mode, where a player knows they won't be able to play, so they declare a vacation. When their turn comes up, it would automatically create a missed turn or a "pass" without making the other players wait 24 hours for this to happen. The other difference is that three "passes" would not automatically eliminate you from the game (although you could be killed in the meantime, anyway). Te ensure that you don't accidentally leave this mode on, you would get an email notification: (1)when you set it up, (2)when your next turn comes up, warning you that your turn will be passed, and (3)whenever you log in after you set it up, you will get a warning that you are in vacation mode.
Private jkraze

Postby Vid_FISO on Sun May 31, 2015 10:53 am

I'm not just talking forum rules, I am ready to set new game rules, new chat rules etc. If it has anything to do with Conquer Club, it will be looked at.

And I NEED your HELP

I already have a few brave people to assist on what will be a mammoth task, but CC rules were written in 2006, some are not applicable now.
And now we have tablets and phones we can connect and play on as well so that is another area to look at.

There is a LOT that will be covered, so I am looking for members who really care about the future of this site and want to see it succeed.
I don't need everyone to agree with me, debate is good. If you disagree with what I am saying I want to hear from you too.

Do you have the dedication to join the new Rules and Discipline committee? Come help out and make a difference.

This strikes me as a rather pointless exercise doomed to long term failure, this thread is turning into a concise version of the suggestions sub-forum which many no longer bother with due to the realization that its just there as a sound off area to be ignored.

If you really want to rewrite the rules then 2/3 mods should be drafting them for the rest of the mod team to pick at to finalize, that's assuming you have the right calibre of people in the mod team in the first place.

Too many get involved in the early stages and you'll get nowhere, loudest voices/ cliques will run the show and steer things towards their minority view that does nothing for anyone in the long run.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby alex951 on Sun May 31, 2015 11:09 am

SilverWill wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
SilverWill wrote:
alex951 wrote:i vote at least 3 multis per user

Personally I disagree with this. What is there to stop someone from having one account on each team in a team game then turning the game in favor for the team they liked the best?

I would be willing to help if you need someone, TeeGee.

Bahahaha you're fucking stupid. If SilverWill is in this committee I'm ruling myself as of now. Why on earth would you take that comment seriously? Well played though Alex.

Caffeine,

Even if it is a joke, there are people that will take it seriously and maybe Alex was serious about it? I just made note as to why we shouldn't since TeeGee mentioned that any of the rule with the exception of a few might be changed but there is no list of the rules that will stay the same yet so any of them could have people wanting to change. Sometimes jokes can become reality so becareful what you say.

Fucking bring fucking flame wars back bitches!!
Corporal alex951

Postby enzo3011900 on Sun May 31, 2015 4:17 pm

Something needs to be done regarding NOOBS, who join and never play a turn, while the rest of us sit and wait 24 hours for then to time out, if a noobs misses one go kick em. I also agree that chat should be enabled before a game starts.
Cook enzo3011900

Postby waauw on Sun May 31, 2015 4:47 pm

jkraze wrote:I have one suggestion. Create a vacation mode, where a player knows they won't be able to play, so they declare a vacation. When their turn comes up, it would automatically create a missed turn or a "pass" without making the other players wait 24 hours for this to happen. The other difference is that three "passes" would not automatically eliminate you from the game (although you could be killed in the meantime, anyway). Te ensure that you don't accidentally leave this mode on, you would get an email notification: (1)when you set it up, (2)when your next turn comes up, warning you that your turn will be passed, and (3)whenever you log in after you set it up, you will get a warning that you are in vacation mode.

If you have trustworthy friends or a clan you can rely on, you just get a sitter and the problem is solved.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby kelson on Sun May 31, 2015 6:20 pm

The rating system is a failure. I don't know what could make it better. I do check folks with 4.2 to read recent feedback and if it is at all negative I stay away.

4.6 and above = Good
4.5 and below = be leery.

I am also disappointed in the enemies list. There have been a number of times I have wanted to join a game only to be rejected because an enemy is already in the game.

I don't like the new layout for the maps on firefox. The menu is cut off.

Other then these MINOR things the work that is done here to provide a fun atmosphere of playing is excellent. I appreciate being able to play.
Cook kelson

Postby Tennisie on Sun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm

And I NEED your HELP

If you'll be reworking the attack/defend dice system, I'd be willing to help.
Ten
Colonel Tennisie

Postby Sir Mr Timothy on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:11 am

I think that if you miss a turn you shouldn't be allowed to get those troops at the end of your next turn. Its your fault you missed and now you have to deal with it.

I also think that there should be a resign option in 2 player games. If its clear that the result is decided the loser should be allowed to just end it and eat the loss. That way people with free accounts get a chamce to start another game without waiting around and people in speed games don't have to deadbeat and just leave the game when they know its over. You could limit the amount of times you could resign in a given day/week/number of games so people don't abuse it. I wouldn't allow it for more then 2 player games though cause that could screw another player over.
Sergeant 1st Class Sir Mr Timothy

Postby waauw on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 am

kelson wrote:I don't like the new layout for the maps on firefox. The menu is cut off.

You see those little circles on the top right corners? You can shuffle your menu around to customize it as you like.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Frito Bandito on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 am

An "undo" feature would be nice - for when you misclick on your reinforcement.
Captain Frito Bandito

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 am

OMG people.

You are all wrong. This isn't suggestions topic. They want to change rule as for which reason players will be kicked off the site.

They won't modifiy anything to the website itself.

This mainly concern the topics you can read in the C and A forum.

Take all your good suggestions to the SUGGESTIONS forums.

===> https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Yes i thought so too...
the rules need a overhaul/peeky through, some might still be valid and some not or in need of change. I gathered that were what were asked to help out with! Could be wrong though O:)
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby stringybeany on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm

What you need is to completely rebuild the site onto an app friendly platform.

it's a huge undertaking, I know

phpbb and html are too stale and clunky. Yeah the site functions on phones and tablets, but it's not very nice. Clunky is the word.

Too big for a few volunteers. In my opinion the owners, whoever they might be these days, will need to commit some investment dollars above and beyond what they paid to the last owners.

I sure would have liked to have been the "fly on the wall" for those sales transactions! Some people win, some people lose. Or maybe everybody has won? Lack did, I have no doubt about that. =D>

I seriously considered making Brian an offer back when. Had I known he was serious about selling it I would have been in line.
Captain stringybeany

Postby haraldbluetooth on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:38 am

no deferred troops. if you miss a turn too bad. it actually helps players who miss a turn on occasion. also, i've seen games where i think players intentionally miss turns knowing that it probably won't hurt them only to be able to place double the troops down next turn. it's like turning in a small set albeit at the end of the turn.
the ratings system needs to be revamped. it's too easy for players to give crappy ratings just because they didn't like something in a game. percentage of wins, missed turns and being a deadbeat should all play a role and automatically be factored in with no player input. there's obviously more involved but i'm not sure what else yet.
Corporal haraldbluetooth

Postby Tviorr on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 am

I would like to see a change in the ratings. - I realize its hard to get a balance right with this, but with the possibility of losing such massive points in a game, a few things happen included but not limited to:

Applies only to players attaching some importance to their ranking and ranking points. - But then again if ranking doesnt have value of some sort then why have it at all.

High level players are less inclined to play new players/casual players. Derived from this, the atmosphere is probably slightly less welcoming for new players as they will occasionally run into players turning them down at which point they might get the feeling they had to prove themselves just to play.

High level players are less inclined to play public tournaments as you are bound to run into low level players. And you dont have to be a general to have a high chance of making a loss at the ratings points from a 4-1 win in a 1v1p setting.

Derived from the above, a large number of players will have to decide wether they want to participate in the fun around the site or whether they want to safeguard their ratings.

Im thinking that the system as it works today is a good safeguard against farming new players on complicated maps or for that matter direct cheating. - However, I think that winning very low amounts of points from low ranked players is sufficient. Winning only 2-4 points from a very low ranked player is sufficient that its not worth the trouble to hunt points from such players while not actually deterring highranked players from playing them. Especially in Multiplayer games, but to a large degree also in 1v1 games.

I dont think its necessary to have a huge amounts of ranking points at stake. - I propose a max of 40 points won/lost with a grading scale adjusted to the new max. - Without adjusting the minimum points played for.

This fairly simple change because other ideas Ive had or heard of change too much and break the balance in the rating system too severely.

I would predict that a side effect is that its not so effective to "restart" your rating by going on an intended losing streak and then timing gameloads correctly to win 4-5 bigger games and suddenly have 3k+ points.

Thx for listening.
Major Tviorr

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 am

Not the correct topic at all Tviorr, stringybeany and haraldbluetooth.
This isn't SUGGESTIONS, they won't change the gameplay, they want to change the CC law, the justice system, the Penal Code of CC.
That's what we are talking about here. Not about gameplay, points system, rating. What you are talking belong to the suggestions.

========> viewforum.php?f=4
Brigadier Donelladan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives