Conquer Club

WHAC-A-MOD IX

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:38 am

King Tet wrote:Thanks to the mods for running this, I've been around since the first and always enjoy a good whac!
I need a few more games to get to 20. If any mods could help me out with an invite that'd be great. I'll play any map, but prefer small- medium size ones. I like poly but don't need it, and don't like freestyle.
Thanks to anyone who can help out.
Tet

Invited you for 2 Poly 2 games, medium map ;)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby King Tet on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:50 am

Mad777 wrote:
King Tet wrote:Thanks to the mods for running this, I've been around since the first and always enjoy a good whac!
I need a few more games to get to 20. If any mods could help me out with an invite that'd be great. I'll play any map, but prefer small- medium size ones. I like poly but don't need it, and don't like freestyle.
Thanks to anyone who can help out.
Tet

Invited you for 2 Poly 2 games, medium map ;)

Thanks Benga and Mad777, I've got my fill now :)
Captain King Tet

Postby fairman on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Sorry if it was obvious but to get the GA medal in this event it's written 2 Win tokkens and 7 play tokken. But it's also written that there is a scoring system.
So my question is : A player with 8 play tokkens and 2 Win tokkens, will he have a GA medal? Or is the medal link with a percent of Win tokken out of play tokken (28.57% if it's 2/7)?

thank you for the organisation of this event

Nous Ć©tions lĆ  bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:57 pm

fairman wrote:Sorry if it was obvious but to get the GA medal in this event it's written 2 Win tokkens and 7 play tokken. But it's also written that there is a scoring system.
So my question is : A player with 8 play tokkens and 2 Win tokkens, will he have a GA medal? Or is the medal link with a percent of Win tokken out of play tokken (28.57% if it's 2/7)?

thank you for the organisation of this event

As long as you have a minimum of 7 play tokens and 2 win tokens you will medal with a GA. So your scenario of 8 play and 2 win will result in a GA.

If you want to compete for the top seven prize, then you need a minimum of 20 played, and those are where the percentages matter.
11:36:19 ā€¹Swifteā€ŗ #RazYouUselessTwit
Major CatchersMitt14

Postby fairman on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Thanks for this quick answer !!

Nous Ć©tions lĆ  bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:52 pm

If anyone is looking for a game, let me know - I'll be around. They must start before midnight though (so within the next hour).

I'll also be putting up some speed games, if anyone is around and interested.
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:49 am

LiveLoveTeach wrote:If anyone is looking for a game, let me know - I'll be around. They must start before midnight though (so within the next hour).

No one's interested now. W-A-M is over. Duh...
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:04 am

she posted that with over an hour to spare, idiot. wtf is wrong with you?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:26 am

riskllama wrote:she posted that with over an hour to spare, idiot. wtf is wrong with you?

So, I still bet nobody was interested...

...and really, one whole hour to spare. was there a paperwork deadline or something?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Tobikera on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:19 am

Why did CC take away the banner and link to the WAM tourney? They leave the monthly challenges up until they have been completed. Why not this one? How will competitors keep track of the standings? Fortunately, I saved the link, but I suspect most did not. Seems fishy. It is not over until all of the games started during WAM week are finished.
Captain Tobikera

Postby celliottii on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 am

Tobikera wrote:Why did CC take away the banner and link to the WAM tourney? They leave the monthly challenges up until they have been completed. Why not this one? How will competitors keep track of the standings? Fortunately, I saved the link, but I suspect most did not. Seems fishy. It is not over until all of the games started during WAM week are finished.

My understanding of the event is this:

WAM IX is a one week long event that ended at midnight on Sunday. All current games will be played out and count towards points, but no new games can start after midnight.

That's probably why you can't see the banner anymore or join any new games.
Sergeant 1st Class celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:39 am

Tobikera wrote:Why did CC take away the banner and link to the WAM tourney? They leave the monthly challenges up until they have been completed. Why not this one? How will competitors keep track of the standings? Fortunately, I saved the link, but I suspect most did not. Seems fishy. It is not over until all of the games started during WAM week are finished.

The banner is gone because there are no more games to fill. The scoreboard is up, permanently.

Here's the link: https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=event&event_id=66

If you go to the Community page you see it listed with the Current and Upcoming events.

If you go from the Community page to the Events page and select the ALL button, you can scroll through all 66 Official events that there have been since BW introduced the new systems three or four years ago. (Be patient, the list takes a while to load.) ALL EVENTS The scoreboards for all those events are preserved and available permanently.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Tobikera on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:28 am

Thanks, didn't know all that, Dukasaur. Appreciate the quick replies. I did know that signup was over and existing games play out. Just was surprised that the Scoreboard was gone.
Cheers, Tobi
Captain Tobikera

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 am

Scoreboard is still linked in the OP of the event as well in the announcement of the event. That's where I always go to look anyway :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
LiveLoveTeach wrote:If anyone is looking for a game, let me know - I'll be around. They must start before midnight though (so within the next hour).

Thorthoth wrote:
riskllama wrote:she posted that with over an hour to spare, idiot. wtf is wrong with you?

...and really, one whole hour to spare. was there a paperwork deadline or something?

Hey TT,
I saw that there were people who had posted that they were still looking for games. I didn't know if they were still around or not, but since I was, I figured I'd make the offer. Yes, it was late, but there was still time to get games going. And there were still people who were both around that late and interested in getting an extra game started.
Teach
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:27 pm

LiveLoveTeach wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

Thorthoth wrote:

Hey TT,
I saw that there were people who had posted that they were still looking for games. I didn't know if they were still around or not, but since I was, I figured I'd make the offer. Yes, it was late, but there was still time to get games going. And there were still people who were both around that late and interested in getting an extra game started.
Teach

Talk to the hand. =;
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby bergy1 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:33 am

Nice one LLT

Ignore him/her/it

LiveLoveTeach wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

Thorthoth wrote:

Hey TT,
Teach
Major bergy1

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 pm

Nice one, Tt.

Ignore him/her/it.
bergy1 wrote:Nice one LLT

Ignore him/her/it

LiveLoveTeach wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

Thorthoth wrote:

Hey TT,
Teach
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ooge on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 pm

players have been in the past and still are at a big disadvantage in this.A mod can make as many games or as few as he wants.A player has to take what he can when a game is available.Along with the suggestion of trying to allow other players a chance at games and not joining three games against a single mod.This can make the 20 game requirement hard to achieve.

Mods can choose team games and then invite other mods that are good team players or who they have teamed with in the past.Players can not invite other players and have to hope for the best with who their teammates will end up being.A player who joins these should expect to lose thus a lower win% overall.

lastly mods choose the maps they want to play.There are mods who will play a single map with a specific strategy or a map they excel at and then "noob" the players who join.mods who have had high win% in the past in this still have a high win% now doing what they have done in the past.

To those mods who played a lot of games as well as picked basic maps,I say well done! and good form by you!. =D>

I realize all this will be ignored and the mods will once again congratulate themselves for defeating the players overall.

on the chance that anyone chooses to see the merit in this,my sugestion for the next wac-a-mod would be alow players to invite other players to team games.as well as considering making all games......RANDOM.
Captain ooge

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:10 pm

ooge wrote:players have been in the past and still are at a big disadvantage in this.A mod can make as many games or as few as he wants.A player has to take what he can when a game is available.Along with the suggestion of trying to allow other players a chance at games and not joining three games against a single mod.This can make the 20 game requirement hard to achieve.

Mods can choose team games and then invite other mods that are good team players or who they have teamed with in the past.Players can not invite other players and have to hope for the best with who their teammates will end up being.A player who joins these should expect to lose thus a lower win% overall.

lastly mods choose the maps they want to play.There are mods who will play a single map with a specific strategy or a map they excel at and then "noob" the players who join.mods who have had high win% in the past in this still have a high win% now doing what they have done in the past.

To those mods who played a lot of games as well as picked basic maps,I say well done! and good form by you!. =D>

I realize all this will be ignored and the mods will once again congratulate themselves for defeating the players overall.

on the chance that anyone chooses to see the merit in this,my sugestion for the next wac-a-mod would be alow players to invite other players to team games.as well as considering making all games......RANDOM.

There is limited mods, and theres high demand for games. so we have to make quite a bit to meet demand with low people on the mod side (not even all mods participate) so i know for me, i try to accomidate special requests etc but the majority of games people create are ones we are familiar with because if you have to play 100 games and are usually only at 10...its a big change, takes a lot of time and you gravitate towards games that you dont need to spend a ton of time to think about on or we would never take that many games, and then the event pretty much becomes not workable.

I would never play 100 random games...its just wayyyy to time combersume.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ooge on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:44 pm

IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote:players have been in the past and still are at a big disadvantage in this.A mod can make as many games or as few as he wants.A player has to take what he can when a game is available.Along with the suggestion of trying to allow other players a chance at games and not joining three games against a single mod.This can make the 20 game requirement hard to achieve.

There is limited mods, and theres high demand for games. so we have to make quite a bit to meet demand with low people on the mod side (not even all mods participate) so i know for me, i try to accomidate special requests etc but the majority of games people create are ones we are familiar with because if you have to play 100 games and are usually only at 10...its a big change, takes a lot of time and you gravitate towards games that you dont need to spend a ton of time to think about on or we would never take that many games, and then the event pretty much becomes not workable.

:lol: :lol: So your saying that the mods are picking basic maps and settings so they do not have to think to hard right? I looked at your mod games and I see poison Rome,antartica and team games.You chose those maps to noob the players.Next time make at least an attempt with being honest with your response. mods have an unfair advantage with this and by the looks of it always will.Just dont pat yourselves on the back for defeating the players overall.Those mods who did pick basic maps and settings I say good form by you.To the mods who tried to noob the players.I guess you think shooting fish in a barrel is fun.Oh and those mods enjoy your extra medal and credits for finishing in the top seven.
Captain ooge

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:48 pm

ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:

:lol: :lol: So your saying that the mods are picking basic maps and settings so they do not have to think to hard right? I looked at your mod games and I see poison Rome,antartica and team games.You chose those maps to noob the players.Next time make at least an attempt with being honest with your response. mods have an unfair advantage with this and by the looks of it always will.Just dont pat yourselves on the back for defeating the players overall.Those mods who did pick basic maps and settings I say good form by you.To the mods who tried to noob the players.I guess you think shooting fish in a barrel is fun.Oh and those mods enjoy your extra medal and credits for finishing in the top seven.

You must not have read what I wrote. I said because high games loads we gravitate towards stuff we know. Even basic games if you aren't used to playing "classic style" maps make you have to plan your moves. If you have 100+ games, you definitely can't spend to much time thinking about the turns. Even 60 games @ 1 min each is an hour you have to dedicate just to the whac event, let alone your other games / responsibilities. Some mods have played 100+ games (some even over 200) just to help keep up with demand. Thats hours and hours of play. If you gotta think a lot about your turns playing stuff you aren't used to it wouldn't be practical to start enough games to keep up with the demand by players

I never said basic maps and settings. I said games that I know and dont have to think about. I know poison rome / antarctica so well it takes me <1 min for a turn. Though i did do basic stuff like siege, classic, and randoms and battle for Iraq upon request

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ooge on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:04 pm

IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:

You must not have read what I wrote. I said because high games loads we gravitate towards stuff we know. Even basic games if you aren't used to playing "classic style" maps make you have to plan your moves. If you have 100+ games, you definitely can't spend to much time thinking about the turns. Even 60 games @ 1 min each is an hour you have to dedicate just to the whac event, let alone your other games / responsibilities. Some mods have played 100+ games (some even over 200) just to help keep up with demand. Thats hours and hours of play. If you gotta think a lot about your turns playing stuff you aren't used to it wouldn't be practical to start enough games to keep up with the demand by players

I never said basic maps and settings. I said games that I know and dont have to think about. I know poison rome / antarctica so well it takes me <1 min for a turn. Though i did do basic stuff like siege, classic, and randoms and battle for Iraq upon request

:lol: :lol: :lol: dude your lieing to yourself as well as me.Those maps have specific strats that you are useing in the hope of noobing who you play.Players who are desperate to join games will join it even though they dont know the map and have a poor chance to win the game. why play team games? those require extra thought.its obvious why you and other mods chose team games.You know you will be playing an unorganized team.
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Big wham played waterloo polly..again noobing who he played.
Captain ooge

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:08 pm

ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:
ooge wrote:
IcePack wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: dude your lieing to yourself as well as me.Those maps have specific strats that you are useing in the hope of noobing who you play.Players who are desperate to join games will join it even though they dont know the map and have a poor chance to win the game. why play team games? those require extra thought.its obvious why you and other mods chose team games.You know you will be playing an unorganized team.

Actually I stayed away from team games because of exactly that, it takes extra time. I think I only got dragged into one or two (and those were because they needed an extra person and it was on a map it would take no thought on like antarctica)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives