Several maps in the USA have not been decided. These are indicated in the original list by "TBA". These contests are being run to determine the best maps to represent states which have not already been decided.
This contest is the first in the series, and it is here to determine the map which best represents Connecticut.
Suggestions and reasoning:
- Conquer 4 (because it's based on CONNECT 4. CONNECTicut, get it?)
- Prohibition Chicago - (Conn never ratified the 18th amendment)
- The Netherlands (The first Europeans to explore the area that would become Connecticut were the Dutch.)
- Woodboro (Vintage Radio And Communications Museum of Ct in Windsor, Ct
- Crossword (CT is home to the oldest U.S. newspaper still being published and has approx. 144 newspapers published in the state.)
- Northwest Passage (Connecticut's national animal is a Sperm Whale, which can be found in the bodies of water north of the state, the area Northwest Passage is based on.)
General Rules of the Contest
- There can be no duplications. A map that is already assigned to another state cannot be used again.
- Before a poll is put up, the thread will be open for at least a few days for people to add suggestions.
- Anyone can make a suggestion, but please limit yourself to one suggestion.
If the list is short, I may accept a 2nd suggestion from people who have already made one.
- Once the poll has been posted, no more suggestions will be accepted.
- The poll will run for at least a week.
- Once the poll closes, if any suggestion has a majority of the votes, it will be accepted.
- If no suggestion has a majority, but the top suggestion has more votes than the 2nd and 3rd place suggestions combined, it will be accepted.
- If neither of those is true, the top 3 suggestions will be referred to the Community Team for a final decision.
- The person who made the winning suggestion will get a lovely GA medal.
- If the winner was chosen by clear majority or by the "1>(2+3)" rule, then the winner will also get 1000 credits!
- If the winner was chosen by a Community Team shortlist procedure, then the winner will get 400 credits and the authors of the other two suggestions on the shortlist will get 300 credits each.