Conquer Club

CC Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Olympics

Postby josko.ri on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 am

Is score by players who joined new Tribe after this event began counted towards Tribal score?
Major josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 am

josko.ri wrote:Is score by players who joined new Tribe after this event began counted towards Tribal score?

No it checks rosters at the start and holds the same roster until the end

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 am

Was a bunch of participation ribbons removed? Seems like much less from last year

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:47 pm

everyone is advancing in this tournament

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=5913
Captain Pirlo

Postby josko.ri on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Pirlo wrote:everyone is advancing in this tournament

It is like that in every Tribal tournament
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Correct, as mentioned in the round description... :D
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Mad777 wrote:

is it a bug or intentional?
Captain Pirlo

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

It's unavoidable because of the limitations of the engine.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Pirlo on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

so how is it supposed to proceed? all of us will be in the final? :P
Captain Pirlo

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:51 pm

IcePack wrote:Was a bunch of participation ribbons removed? Seems like much less from last year

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 pm

How r terminator events scored kills or wins?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:41 am

IcePack wrote:How r terminator events scored kills or wins?

wins.

IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:Was a bunch of participation ribbons removed? Seems like much less from last year

I don't think so, but you could check. In the announcements archives you can find links to previous Olympics.

Pirlo wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

so how is it supposed to proceed? all of us will be in the final? :P

yes.
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:33 pm

IcePack wrote:
josko.ri wrote:Is score by players who joined new Tribe after this event began counted towards Tribal score?

This is unfortunate :( I had no idea I was supposed to be in a tribe before the olympics started, so once I realized it was tribe based instead of clan based, I joined a tribe... I can see not counting awards prior to joining a tribe, but once I joined a tribe my future awards should count for them...
Major HotShot53

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

HotShot53 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

This is unfortunate :( I had no idea I was supposed to be in a tribe before the olympics started, so once I realized it was tribe based instead of clan based, I joined a tribe... I can see not counting awards prior to joining a tribe, but once I joined a tribe my future awards should count for them...

You're still eligible for individual prizes.
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:25 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Yeah I heard that from quite a few people unfortunately

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:02 am

Ball dropping is Tribal but has 8 players advance in last round is that mistake?
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 am

josko.ri wrote:Ball dropping is Tribal but has 8 players advance in last round is that mistake?

Checking it....stand by
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:41 am

Mad777 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:Ball dropping is Tribal but has 8 players advance in last round is that mistake?

Checking it....stand by

Was a miss, good catch...it has been fixed... 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:09 am

HotShot53 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

This is not good solution, many players became aware of Tribes when they saw that being in a Tribe is required for some olympic tournaments. All of them are now excluded from Tribal scoreboard unfairly. I suggest to include players who entered a Tribe up to hal of the Olympic tournament (up to 21 August) or up to the whole bunch of games started 30 August.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:26 am

I understand the concerns, however let me highlight something, the ultimate goal is having more Tribe out there, not to increase participants from already existing Tribe just for 2 weeks, this is way too easy. Even do we haven't sent massive PM alert about Tribes 2.0 we have done several announcement way before this event start, now because existing Tribes are in a hunt of being the Top seed for the Olympics they found unfair that player joining Tribe in the middle of the event will not count toward Tribe scoring.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:50 am

Mad777 wrote:I understand the concerns, however let me highlight something, the ultimate goal is having more Tribe out there, not to increase participants from already existing Tribe just for 2 weeks, this is way too easy. Even do we haven't sent massive PM alert about Tribes 2.0 we have done several announcement way before this event start, now because existing Tribes are in a hunt of being the Top seed for the Olympics they found unfair that player joining Tribe in the middle of the event will not count toward Tribe scoring.

Long term goal is making new tribes yes, but how does keeping people who want in a tribe out of one helping that? Instead people get frustrated they joined a bunch of events they thought count for their tribe and instead they do not and quit.
So instead of participating in tribes, they don't. I don't think that helps the big picture.

For example - happyfeet. He was in our clan, we sent out a pm to our guys saying if you want to join our tribe let us know. He didn't read the pm and when he saw olympics which he loved last year, he started. He didn't even realize there was a difference that it wasn't clans anymore and it was Tribes because he doesn't check forum and didn't read my pm.

Partly his fault yes but now what reason does he have to participate? Even if he joins he won't participate and there's zero incentive to start a new tribe either because none of it counts towards event after it starts. So he waits a year for the next one and everyone loses participation.

The goal should be to have them grow naturally, I get stopping it someway thru the event but the late comers who joined early with their friends there isn't a reason to keep out like happyfeet

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:14 pm

I totally agree with what has happened here.

Otherwise tribes would be scouring the leader board trying to sign up high scoring unattached players.
Colonel Keefie

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Keefie wrote:I totally agree with what has happened here.

Otherwise tribes would be scouring the leader board trying to sign up high scoring unattached players.

Theres a big difference between trolling the leaderboards for unattached trying to get a leg up, and those who joined a couple days late because they didn't realize they needed to be in the "new" tribes.
Most of the ones I'm referencing are guys who joined before any had even completed, so there was no adding them only after they starting earning medals stuff etc

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:41 pm

IcePack wrote:
Mad777 wrote:I understand the concerns, however let me highlight something, the ultimate goal is having more Tribe out there, not to increase participants from already existing Tribe just for 2 weeks, this is way too easy. Even do we haven't sent massive PM alert about Tribes 2.0 we have done several announcement way before this event start, now because existing Tribes are in a hunt of being the Top seed for the Olympics they found unfair that player joining Tribe in the middle of the event will not count toward Tribe scoring.

Long term goal is making new tribes yes, but how does keeping people who want in a tribe out of one helping that? Instead people get frustrated they joined a bunch of events they thought count for their tribe and instead they do not and quit.
So instead of participating in tribes, they don't. I don't think that helps the big picture.

For example - happyfeet. He was in our clan, we sent out a pm to our guys saying if you want to join our tribe let us know. He didn't read the pm and when he saw olympics which he loved last year, he started. He didn't even realize there was a difference that it wasn't clans anymore and it was Tribes because he doesn't check forum and didn't read my pm.

Partly his fault yes but now what reason does he have to participate? Even if he joins he won't participate and there's zero incentive to start a new tribe either because none of it counts towards event after it starts. So he waits a year for the next one and everyone loses participation.

The goal should be to have them grow naturally, I get stopping it someway thru the event but the late comers who joined early with their friends there isn't a reason to keep out like happyfeet

This is what I meant, Olympics happens to start just few months after Tribe 2.0 went Live, as far I'm concern I didn't create a Tribe just for the Olympics, I know it will be more than one event throughout the year where Tribe will have team scoreboard, player need to start somewhere yes, but if because one single event doesn't make him/her happy to just participate as individual and be patient to catch the next event which will count then explain me how would you say this player is willing to join a Tribe for more than just the Olympics? The argument you put out there for him is valid however it shows what I was explaining as far getting Tribe growing, player joined a Tribe, see it was too late for this particular event then quit...that only shows player don't understand what does Tribe world mean.

Now I can see player joining and stay even do they know their contribution will not count toward the team ranking joining late and probably understand he/she will be ready for the next event starting from the beginning, if not perhaps Team Leader should explain while recruiting, to me it is just the fairest way to deal with new recruit, even for a Tribe War I would not add a player that joined my Tribe after the 1st set of home game, thinking he/she can make the difference for the 2nd set, this is just not fairplay.

Again, your argument, and because I think you are a fair player/member/team leader, is far for being wrong however you can easily concur this will not be the case for a vast majority of player that will just board a Tribe for a particular event because team leader feels this add'on will help coming back up the ranking, this is just the nature of the beast (sort of speak).

To prove what I'm saying I encourage you to go and check the amount of player the Primitive Tribes has now, I can tell you that all 4 ramp up a lot!

BIOT: 114 players
CONQ: 138 players
INF: 115 players
MYS: 93 players

I wrote the number above and I will check after the Olympics are over and I will compare how much will drop, too bad I forgot to write those numbers when we launch Tribe 2.0.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Mad777 wrote:This is what I meant, Olympics happens to start just few months after Tribe 2.0 went Live, as far I'm concern I didn't create a Tribe just for the Olympics, I know it will be more than one event throughout the year where Tribe will have team scoreboard, player need to start somewhere yes, but if because one single event doesn't make him/her happy to just participate as individual and be patient to catch the next event which will count then explain me how would you say this player is willing to join a Tribe for more than just the Olympics? The argument you put out there for him is valid however it shows what I was explaining as far getting Tribe growing, player joined a Tribe, see it was too late for this particular event then quit...that only shows player don't understand what does Tribe world mean.

Now I can see player joining and stay even do they know their contribution will not count toward the team ranking joining late and probably understand he/she will be ready for the next event starting from the beginning, if not perhaps Team Leader should explain while recruiting, to me it is just the fairest way to deal with new recruit, even for a Tribe War I would not add a player that joined my Tribe after the 1st set of home game, thinking he/she can make the difference for the 2nd set, this is just not fairplay.

Again, your argument, and because I think you are a fair player/member/team leader, is far for being wrong however you can easily concur this will not be the case for a vast majority of player that will just board a Tribe for a particular event because team leader feels this add'on will help coming back up the ranking, this is just the nature of the beast (sort of speak).

To prove what I'm saying I encourage you to go and check the amount of player the Primitive Tribes has now, I can tell you that all 4 ramp up a lot!

BIOT: 114 players
CONQ: 138 players
INF: 115 players
MYS: 93 players

I wrote the number above and I will check after the Olympics are over and I will compare how much will drop, too bad I forgot to write those numbers when we launch Tribe 2.0.

Olympics is the biggest event of the year for Tribes. As I said above, missing it and not being eligible to play with friends for a whole year because you missed a join date by a couple days is frustrating both for player and leaders.

The equivalent for clans would be Conquers Cup, joining a clan a few days after the event started and not being able to participate all year. Now, if they were in a different tribe and changed midway, or only joined much later after the event started, that all makes sense. But why would someone be excited about participating in an event "as an individual" after you kill that enthuasim by disallowing their results? I mean, unless its josko or someone who thinks they can win the individual prize vs someone like josko, it basically makes their participation meaningless.

And its not like asking to participate in something small, its a huge event with a ton of games that aren't helping anyone so why would they do it?

I referenced them quitting, meaning quitting the event. Not the tribe. Big difference. But events like this should foster growth and participation, not alienate them and say "better luck next year".

A year is a long time on a internet game. They might not even be here next month, nevermind next year. People can get excited about something and when thats destroyed, its a fragile thing and hard to get back. So you try to get people to join the next event even though they signed up, and they care less than they did before because when their interest was high and enthusasim is high, it was denied and they've moved onto some other tournament, some other event, some other competition (some other website).

I'm not arguing for the majority of players. I agree with what keefie said, if people could join all the time or at any time people would abuse it and head hunt for the highest scorers etc to gain an edge. The point was, it harms people who miss the start who only notice a short time after the event starts. In no way shape or form did I say this is the "majority" of people. Only that you hurt natural growth by disallowing legitimate players who signed with tribes shortly after hearing about the event / it starting.

The event was only announced 2 weeks before it started, so for anyone not paying attention / busy / not an active forum user its super easy to miss the start up and then get denied from participating altogether.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives