Conquer Club

CYOT: Damsel in Distress [Wnr: laughingcavalier]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: CYOT: Damsel in Distress [Round 5]

Postby Lindax on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:27 pm

----
Thanks LC! Pics formatted and posted on page one.

Commander9, your turn.

For the evolving story, go to:
Story

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Super Nova on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 am

Hey, um, there's a bug in game 7895615. You can check out my bug report in the forum. I'm not sure what we can do about it now, but that bug likely just cost me the game, or at least eliminating one of the last 4 players. Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=506&t=132093
Cadet Super Nova

Postby Lindax on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 am

Super Nova wrote:Hey, um, there's a bug in game 7895615. You can check out my bug report in the forum. I'm not sure what we can do about it now, but that bug likely just cost me the game, or at least eliminating one of the last 4 players. Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=506&t=132093

Super Nova,

Looked at your post and the game. Sounds weird....

You're right though, I don't think we can do something about it as far as this tournament is concerned.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 pm

----
laughingcavalier earned his shield in Round 5! =D>

For more info, see:
Games & Results

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Super Nova on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Super Nova wins Round 5 game.
Cadet Super Nova

Postby Lindax on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Super Nova wrote:Super Nova wins Round 5 game.

----
Super Nova earned his shield in Round 5! =D>

For more info, see:
Games & Results

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 pm

----
Darin44 earned his shield in Round 5! =D>

For more info, see:
Games & Results

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

----
AzureX earned his shield in Round 5! =D>

For more info, see:
Games & Results

Standings updated, see: Standings

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: UPDATE - CYOT: Damsel in Distress

Postby amazzony on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:20 am

----
Round 6 games have been created and sent out. I've forwarded all the data to Lindax who will update the first page soon. Enjoy your game!

For more info, see:
Games & Results

For standings, see: Standings

ZZ

EDIT: Lindax has updated the the first page. :D

"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: CYOT: Damsel in Distress [Round 6]

Postby Super Nova on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Lol I just got that amazzony is the goddess in the story.
Cadet Super Nova

Postby Lindax on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:03 pm

----
TheSaxlad earned a shield in Round 4! =D>

For more info, see:
Games & Results

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

----
nesterdude earned a shield in Round 4! =D>

Still one game ongoing in Round 4.

For more info, see:
Games & Results

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

UPDATE - CYOT: Damsel in Distress

Postby amazzony on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 am

----
Round 7 games are out and you'll discover yourself in a world unseen. Enjoy your game!

For more info, see:
Games & Results

For standings, see: Standings

ZZ

"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: CYOT: Damsel in Distress [Round 7]

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Chapter 20.

There was no other choice - the knight understood that it was the cave that would truly lead him to his destiny. Acorns, scales, gems - these were all machinations of Anna and they served only one purpose - to not let him find the true path towards the Princess. All of his life, his training was preparing him to face whatever was in that cave... He bravely climbed towards the top of the mountain and entered the small cave. It was a small cave indeed - he had to crouch for 123 metres after the entry to finally reach some sort of hall. The knight has expected to find a challenging adversary, one truly worthy of his skill. However, there was nothing...

Knight had searched the whole cave for 2 hours, before lying down in distress. Had all of his quest been for nothing? Had he truly lost the only opportunity to save his beloved princess? Knight sighed... and feel asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galadriel had always been the favourite of everyone around her - she was extremely beautiful, of great character, savvy, intelligent and wise, agile and strong. The Princess indeed was worthy of her father and had no shortage of followers. Even when she was just a small lady, all of the kids felt a strong attraction to her. The young son of blacksmith was no exception - he had always been in awe of her, yet was to shy to ever express anything feelings he may have had.

One early morning, when the sun just came up, the Princess Galadriel had gone to the Royal Gardens of the Palace. She never was spoilt, so Galadriel seen no need to wake up her bodyguards and headed out alone. While walking towards the Gardens, she thought how nice it will be for once to enjoy the nature alone, without a band of people being always around her trying to get on her good side.

Midway through the day, she had been exhausted, but happy. The princess could not remember when she had so much fun and enjoyed herself so much. She had enough time to rest in solitude and contemplate about life's little things. Just as she was preparing to leave, she had not noticed a small branch just before the bridge and she tripped on it, falling to the river. While Galadriel knew many things, she had never learnt to swim and after a few shouts of help, she was about to drown. She felt how she was slowly descending down to the bottom of the river... but a strong hand got her on the wrists and puller her up. She gasped when she was it was the blacksmith's son...

"Thank you for saving me!" - Galadriel shouted out of joy and hugged the young blacksmith. - "I thought I was a goner. I'm soo lucky that you were walking by!"

"Well.... To be honest, I followed you all the way from Castle to now... I only wanted to make sure you would be alright should something happen to you, but I did not want to disturb your medition"

"My saviour!" - the Princess shouted and gave him a short kiss to the cheek. "From now on, you shall be known as a knight...

She was interrupted before she could say the name.

"Milady, fear not, I will always be whenever you will be in the need of help!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Knight woke up with renewed determination and purpose - he will save her at any cost, even if it would cost him his life. He now understood the pointlessness of all the traveling - he had to go back to Ann and find the truth. He drawn out his trust sword and he marched out of the cave... There was only one thing in his mind - Galadriel... And the only place where he could find the truth was England.

But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Re: CYOT: Damsel in Distress [Story]

Postby Lindax on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:26 pm

----
Thanks Commander! Pics formatted and posted on page one.

danryan, your turn for chapter 21.

Story

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: CYOT: Damsel in Distress [Story]

Postby Lindax on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:14 pm

----
Thanks danryan!

nesterdude, your turn for chapter 22.

Story

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby danryan on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Sorry about my pathetic pictures - it says a lot about my lack of expertise on computers. :oops:
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Lindax on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:58 pm

danryan wrote:Sorry about my pathetic pictures - it says a lot about my lack of expertise on computers. :oops:

I wasn't going to mention it! :lol:

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:54 pm

----
TheSaxlad earned a shield in Round 6! =D>

For more info, see:
Games & Results

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby nesterdude on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:21 pm

And after a LONG break, so so so sorry dax...here the story continues, please format pics for me:

As the door closed behind them, the Knight thought he heard the sound of stone breaking to rubble.
With the story rising to a climax and nearing its end, our Knight and the Ranger, along with the Old Man who helped him avoid the poisoned figs were jostled intermittently by men of the patrol. The Knight was then witness to an enormous gathering hall, heraldry of black and grey decorating the walls among various decorative weapons and tools of war. Left and right, the walls mirrored one another and in each corner burned fires in large black furnaces emitting smoke Cedar and Oak.
In the center of the room, a gnarled old tree grew, and bound to it was the princess, haggard and worn. Tears streamed down her face and her clothes were torn from the whip held by a cackling little toothless man in rags. She was gagged.
The Knight seethed.
Opposite our Knight, at the far end of the hall, was built into the stone a magnanimous throne and in it a thin man with black hair and serpentine eyes, wearing chain armor with black and grey heraldry, the Duke of Middle Earth. To his left, a buxom woman in silver, grinning and holding a thin rod, the Witch of the East. At his opposite, a Troll, the Prince of Midian. And for good measure, six black Knights staggered throughout the room.
The Duke stood, drew a saber and announced, “You have arrived good Knight, this moment is upon us.”
The Witch screeched, the troll roared, the Black Knights tensed and the patrol turned pointing their swords at the three.
In a perfect combination of speed, agility, prowess, and form, the old man and the Ranger dove, one left another right, as our Knight dropped, unsheathing his sword while lifting it up, spinning round cleaved each member of the guard – a few in the aorta, one in the chin, and another through the skull. With blood spraying and spurting from the wounded and dead the Knight stood, chainmail littered in red.
As no scene remains idle while you’re occupied, the Knight took the battlefield in: the Ranger had shot the man in rags through the eye, out the back of his skull; the arrow 10 feet behind the victim’s body twisted on the floor. Two black knights were down with more arrows and the Prince’s left thigh spraying blood with each heartbeat, but still a threat.
The Ogre made his way toward the Knight.
To his left, the old man had torn off his robe, and wore black robes. He and the witch were staring intently at one another 20 feet apart, every movement of the arm or leg, or eye, or brow was countered by the other. They fought in a battle of metaphysical pugilism.
As the Ranger continued to loose arrows, the Knight and the Ogre charged toward one another. A moment before they met, the Knight collapsed to his knees, sword ready, sliding toward the beast. A second later, the Ogre was an invalid – green blood further changing the Knight’s hue. Our hero then moved toward the head and neck, slicing it from the body.
Witch and Old Man (now magician) still staring; three more black knights down and the Prince now shielding himself behind the princess and the tree, blade to her neck, the Knight closed in slowly – a flash to his left.
“End this Moridin, you are done,” said our Knight.
“Nothing ends you feckless fool, all is eternal,” said the Prince, and with a flick of the wrist and pull of the arm, the princess was no more.
A scream, a growl, a howl, the Knight charged; the Prince, now slashed across his belly howled himself, though in pain, and laughed, then cried, and finally moaned. It would take a few hours to bleed out and the Knight wasn’t going to make it easy. He turned toward the princess who was now a pale, ashen white, without breath or heartbeat, drooling.
The Knight collapsed. Looking up he found his two companions and the scene of the room – the bodies of the patrol behind him, the black knights dead in front of him, the troll pieces all around, the torturer nearby, a mound of green ash and the prince gurgling.
“This is not the princess Knight,” said the old man.
“Eh?”
“It’s a changling, a doppelganger. You must find the princess and she is with Anna.” And with that he was gone.
The door burst open; a solid stone foot entered, then a body then a head. The statue had come alive.
High: 08 Dec. 08; Pts: 3141 Ranking: 57 Rank: Brig
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby Lindax on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:47 am

nesterdude wrote:And after a LONG break, so so so sorry dax...here the story continues, please format pics for me:

Better late than never bud. I'll add the chapter and format the pics later today.

Thanks,

Lx

EDIT: Done!

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Genoke on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:06 am

Read the story already, i'm now creating a 'my story' in homelanguage first and then i'll try to translate it in 'normal readable english' :D

Damn man....i don't wanna be that knight. he's so dupeable and acting like a puppet.

oh yeah 1 thing.... after killing the creature who was protecting the lake of Lindax... the knight didn't got the gems in his possession. I think he forgot about them due his unweareness of 'Alzheimer'. Maybe i need to send him to an hospital :lol:
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Lindax on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Genoke wrote:Read the story already, i'm now creating a 'my story' in homelanguage first and then i'll try to translate it in 'normal readable english' :D

Damn man....i don't wanna be that knight. he's so dupeable and acting like a puppet.

oh yeah 1 thing.... after killing the creature who was protecting the lake of Lindax... the knight didn't got the gems in his possession. I think he forgot about them due his unweareness of 'Alzheimer'. Maybe i need to send him to an hospital :lol:

Haha. It's your Chapter, you can send him anywhere you like! :lol:

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Genoke on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Both, knight and ranger, were exhausted from the last fight, nevertheless a new threat was coming near. As they were prepared for a ferocious fight, a warm voice pealed into the room: I...come...in...peace...!
In front of our friends the statue fell down (right on an stunned rat), exhausted and slowly changing back into it's human body,...the king. When the transformation was complete the knight helped the king back on his feet, and whiped off the flat rat from his foorhead.

Appearently the king had been cursed by the 'witch of the east', so he would've witnessed a forced marriage between his daughter Galadriel, the princess and the ugly troll, prince of Midian. The king always refused a marriage, because the princess rejected the troll, and he knew that the duke and the witch were only interested in the mighty kingdom.
After many peaceful attempts the evil family (duke-father, witch-mother, troll-son and anna-daughter) used their force to fullfill their dream. That's how the beautifull princess got kidnapped and the king got cursed into a statue with the only possibility to watch. Due of the victory against the six black Knights and the prince, the duke and the witch fled away, which led to the disappearance of the curse aswell.

Knowing all this, our threesome knew some actions needs to be taken with no time to waste, the loss of their son took away the reason why the evilhearted family would keep Galadriel alive. Even with two horses and they're with three persons, they decided to split up. The king took a horse and headed to city Mogul, capital of the kingdom of Midgard, to gather reinforcements.

City Mogul, capital of Midgard
Click image to enlarge.

The knight and the ranger mounted the other horse for a journey back to the woods of the hags, in company of Anna and probably Galadriel too. During the trip the horse had to jump over some bushes, but refused this action which caused the fall of the knight. Although he's a very experienced rider, he couldn't prevent from falling of the horse. Unfortunately, when his head hit the ground our knight became unconscious.

Out the middle of nowhere..pinocchio appeared with seven dwarfs by his side. Without any hesitation the dwarfs picked up the knight and brought him in a hole under an old oak. Pinnochio revealed a glimp of the knight's future by showing him a vision through his magic orb. The knight witnessed a battlefield:...on one side there was: the duke on a lizzard and with him; anna on a pink elephant, the witch flying on her broomstick, followed by their infantry including shrek and a dragon, breathing out waterbubbles. On the other side there was: the knight himself on a motorbike, the ranger on a hang-glider and popeye with the three little pigs. The dragon approached very fast and started the attack on the knight with his waterbubbles. As soon as the water touched his face the knight got back to his consciousness.

show: The Duke

show: The Sorceresses

show: The Modern Knight

It was the ranger who casted some water to bring back the knight to his awareness. Without wasting more time or problems they headed to the forest were the hags lives and where the king soon would arrive with his reinforcements. Would this be the last confrontation against Anna, the Duke, the witch and the hags? And could they rescue the princess?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Lindax on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:57 pm

----
Thanks Genoke! One more chapter to go before our story finished. After that we will vote for the best chapter.

Eternal Shadow, your turn to write the last chapter. ;)

Thanks,

Lx

Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012