Conquer Club

Master of Assassin [TPA] - [Winner - SirSebstar]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Master of Assassin [TPA] Round 2 Started

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 am

One game left which is predictably on the "Hive" map :roll: So far there are 73 players moving on, and depending on that game maybe a few more. I have a bit of a cold so with that and having to study and work and go to class, there may be a small delay in updating and getting the next round out but it won't be more than a day or two. It'll help if I get notified when the last game finishes, but if not then it'll be when I notice it.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby richardgarr on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

hi..just wondering if this is stil :-s going on ?
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 am

richardgarr wrote:hi..just wondering if this is stil :-s going on ?

Yes it is--I check EVERY DAY and that one Hive game is still going on. If they get to too many rounds I'm thinking of voiding the game and serving them up a quick map to play, but they're only in Rd 15. I'm actually hoping that they finish up in the next 2 days or sooner since I have no classes Saturday because of a holiday and ca get everything out quick.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby MrGlassB on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:23 am

I play Hive pretty consistently. I can't imagine playing an Assassin game on hive. :roll: lol

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby Zivel on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:11 pm

MrGlassB wrote:I play Hive pretty consistently. I can't imagine playing an Assassin game on hive. :roll: lol

MGB

You play is consistently? Are you a sadist or what?
Sergeant Zivel

Postby MrGlassB on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:03 am

lol *shrugs* I like it...triples, anyway. I don't think I would play it 1v1. :)

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 pm

1v1 you get about 5 rounds of game play and about 20-30 waiting to kill or die. Its brutal
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Nephilim on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Game 7432459

Hive game is over now, and it had a very odd ending.....basically AgentSmith decided to kill someone else's target for unknown reasons.....
LibertƩ, egalitƩ, cash monƩ

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Captain Nephilim

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

Nephilim wrote:Game 7432459

Hive game is over now, and it had a very odd ending.....basically AgentSmith decided to kill someone else's target for unknown reasons.....

He did it to have a make-up game made or to just end that game. Not going to happen like that exactly though.

Edit: Since Bones2484 + Nephilim both won games and are already through they're okay. AgentSmith88 has an immunity so he didn't need to win to move forward. So there's not much purpose to this move. To expedite the tourney to Rd. 3, AgentSmith88's immunity is being used. So Rd 3 will be sent shortly.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Re: Master of Assassin [TPA] Round 3 Starting

Postby Nephilim on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:27 am

i don't have a problem with the rules or with Smith going thru to the next round....

just thought it was an odd move, and since it was apparently pointless, also unsporting

i would think something foul was going on if it wasn't a well-known bloke like Bones benefiting from it....
LibertƩ, egalitƩ, cash monƩ

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Captain Nephilim

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Pink had 6 armies left, my target had 240. I was getting sick of waiting around for either green or red to win the game, as my target had the most troops. Honestly, I did it for 2 reasons (accepting the fact I was not going to win) 1. I read the rules and saw a 3 player game would be played if I eliminated the target. It didn't happen that way and I understand and accept why. 2. To move the tournament along and just finish the game. I hate that map and was getting sick of taking turns in a game I saw no way of winning. You can look at my game history and find games with 200+ rounds - I very rarely suicide. This was a rare case where I saw no point in dragging the game out (especially when its the only game holding up a tourney).

And fyi, I don't give a shit about my rank, so losing less points had nothing to do with it. (Red was the same rank anyway)
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:Pink had 6 armies left, my target had 240. I was getting sick of waiting around for either green or red to win the game, as my target had the most troops. Honestly, I did it for 2 reasons (accepting the fact I was not going to win) 1. I read the rules and saw a 3 player game would be played if I eliminated the target. It didn't happen that way and I understand and accept why. 2. To move the tournament along and just finish the game. I hate that map and was getting sick of taking turns in a game I saw no way of winning. You can look at my game history and find games with 200+ rounds - I very rarely suicide. This was a rare case where I saw no point in dragging the game out (especially when its the only game holding up a tourney).

I understand--Even though I don't like it, I even said in the game chat that I wish it had happened sooner since the game was really dragging on. That's why I put the penalty of using your immunity rather than making another game that would delay the next round. This way you got a punishment of sorts and we're moving on.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:29 pm

poptartpsycho18 wrote:
AgentSmith88 wrote:Pink had 6 armies left, my target had 240. I was getting sick of waiting around for either green or red to win the game, as my target had the most troops. Honestly, I did it for 2 reasons (accepting the fact I was not going to win) 1. I read the rules and saw a 3 player game would be played if I eliminated the target. It didn't happen that way and I understand and accept why. 2. To move the tournament along and just finish the game. I hate that map and was getting sick of taking turns in a game I saw no way of winning. You can look at my game history and find games with 200+ rounds - I very rarely suicide. This was a rare case where I saw no point in dragging the game out (especially when its the only game holding up a tourney).

I understand--Even though I don't like it, I even said in the game chat that I wish it had happened sooner since the game was really dragging on. That's why I put the penalty of using your immunity rather than making another game that would delay the next round. This way you got a punishment of sorts and we're moving on.

Well, I don't feel like I should be "punished". It clearly states in the first post what happens if someone kills the wrong opponent. I thought it was sound strategy on my part given the situation. Nephilim clearly didn't like it, but I don't think he realized we would have gotten to play another game and he was clearly in last place.

I understand wanting to move on with the tournament so I get not wanting to wait for another 3-player game to finish, especially when all 3 are through to the next round anyway. I would like another shot at keeping my immunity, but I get the decision. Obviously losing the game was not my intention going in, but I don't feel like I should be punished for reading the rules carefully and taking advantage of the situation.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:56 pm

I understand your reasoning--but the rule is in place to give a possible opportunity to anyone who might have lost out on their chance to move forward with the wrong target getting killed. So if one had no way to possibly kill their target, and they had no wins or other way to continue, then it's a sound strategy to kill the easy target in order to get a chance at another level playing field. You're a skilled enough player that I don't see this stopping you from continuing on. If you'd like to get everyone's opinion on how a situation like this should be handled in the future then you may. Or if you'd like to play that 3-player game during this round to see if you'd win, I'd consider a win from that to re-instate your immunity. But you'd have to get Bones and Nephilim to actually play the game because they might or might not want to give that a shot. You'd have about a 33% chance of winning, but you never know.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Geno1510 is out if he's not in his games by the time the invites all expire.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby Lindax on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:01 pm

Lindax got lucky: Game 7681292

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Lindax wrote:Lindax got lucky: Game 7681292

Lx

And again: Game 7681294

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:59 pm

I still maintain my immunity from round 2 right?
Colonel 4 U 2 NV

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:58 pm

4 U 2 NV wrote:I still maintain my immunity from round 2 right?

As long as you win a game, it follows you until the final set, then all bets are off. Only if you fail to win a game in the current round will it be used.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:05 pm

poptartpsycho18 wrote:

As long as you win a game, it follows you until the final set, then all bets are off. Only if you fail to win a game in the current round will it be used.

Sounds good. I was just checking as I didn't see a note next to my name at the bottom of the list
Colonel 4 U 2 NV

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:39 pm

4 U 2 NV wrote:
poptartpsycho18 wrote:

Sounds good. I was just checking as I didn't see a note next to my name at the bottom of the list

Remind me never to update from school--makes me act all covert and I neglect to include important details.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby Timminz on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Is there a list somewhere, of all the maps chosen.
Captain Timminz

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Timminz wrote:Is there a list somewhere, of all the maps chosen.

Second post player's list. I'll consolidate and take out duplicates before the final round.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby musteriuz on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:16 am

Musteriuz won Game 7681067.
Highest score: 2159 Highest rank: 486
(How are the mighty fallen)
[Tourney achievements are on my wall]
Sergeant 1st Class musteriuz

Postby Lindax on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Assassin Lindax in action once more: Game 7681296

Lx