Conquer Club

TRIPLE Liga III (winners: joriki , Ika Pakao , kaikeva )

Tournaments completed in 2010.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: TRIPLE Liga III (Round 2)

Postby PepeAtila on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm

preparing round 3

ready 4th round
Captain PepeAtila

Re: TRIPLE Liga III (Round 4)

Postby joriki on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Dear Pepe,

we got a message from you saying that our game in Triple Liga III would be forfeited if we don't join before Saturday. I don't think that would be appropriate, and I'd like to explain why.

The tournament description doesn't say anything about premium/freemium players, requirements on open slots, times to join games, or sanctions for not joining games within a certain time. Tournaments that require a certain number of free slots or otherwise place restrictions on freemium players usually state these regulations in the tournament description. My teammates joined as freemium players, and you accepted them into the tournament and didn't set forth any rules on the number of slots to keep free for the tournament.

Then the tournament started and we were not able to join our two games immediately. We apologized for this and posted in the tournament thread that we'd keep 2 slots open for this tournament in the future, so that we'd always be able to play at least one round of games (home and away) simultaneously. You replied positively to that post and didn't give any indication that you thought that keeping 2 slots free would not be enough. So we assumed that the problem was solved to everyone's satisfaction.

Now you're announcing that you'll forfeit our game even though we kept 2 slots free as we announced and have constantly been playing 2 simultaneous games in the tournament since. In effect, you're saying that we should have kept 3 or 4 slots free for the tournament. That isn't acceptable for us, a) because you should have said so when we said that we'd keep 2 free, and b) because that is a very strong requirement to place on freemium players and hence should have been listed in the tournament description, along with any time requirements and sanctions for violating them.

I don't think it's OK to make these rules and sanctions up as you go along, especially not when we announced in a public post how we'd deal with the issue and you implicitly agreed by replying positively.

I hope that you rethink your announcement and let us play two games at a time as previously agreed. If not, we're probably going to have to drop out of the tournament completely, since we want to be able to play other games, too, and we can't if we have to keep 3 or 4 slots free just for one tournament.

Many thanks for your consideration,

joriki.
General joriki

Postby PepeAtila on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 am

I answered by PM, but summing up
I explain why I was thinking to do it.
As you know there are more players and more teams who also should join the games.
So, looking for the GENERAL benefits... there was at least 3 teams with 6 games finished, I decided to go forward, ... I understand your situation because I organized several tournaments with freemium players, so I know their difficulties (mainly at the beginning to dedicate slots for tournament. But as far as I know you were playing another tournament (and almost finishing it)... and at the beginning we were waitting for it, ...

The tournament description doesn't say anything about premium/freemium players, yes it is my fault, and that is why I accepted the team, however it is also true that the inscription was made for a premium ... in other way I would balance it, before to start, in fact one more team wanted to be inscribed. Since it is the 3rd tournament like this always I post similar rules and never there was any problem ... I always think agreements are possible
requirements on open slots, times to join games, or sanctions for not joining games within a certain time. Again true. But the same I answer, as organizer I should some times take decisions even if they are not written in the post ... how many time to join a game? as far as I know I sent 3rd round october 28th (9 days ago) (I guess enough time) ... of course I didnt write anything about time to join... but do you think is not enough time to finish some game??
Tournaments that require a certain number of free slots or otherwise place restrictions on freemium players usually state these regulations in the tournament description. yes, and I do it in other tournaments ... but in this case I didnt do ...
My teammates joined as freemium players, and you accepted them into the tournament and didn't set forth any rules on the number of slots to keep free for the tournament.for me is more important the trust with people ... this post viewtopic.php?f=91&t=128253&start=15#p2825641 was enough clear for me.

Then the tournament started and we were not able to join our two games immediately. We apologized for this and posted in the tournament thread that we'd keep 2 slots open for this tournament in the future, so that we'd always be able to play at least one round of games (home and away) simultaneously. You replied positively to that post and didn't give any indication that you thought that keeping 2 slots free would not be enough. So we assumed that the problem was solved to everyone's satisfaction.
yes, and it was solved ... the problem now is you are playing the only game not finished in round 2 ... mainly because of the initial delay ... and as you can see in the ranking there is several teams winning 1 of 6 games ... I am afraid that some of this teams don't finish the tournament when they can realize their games are not running well

Now you're announcing that you'll forfeit our game even though we kept 2 slots free as we announced and have constantly been playing 2 simultaneous games in the tournament since. In effect, you're saying that we should have kept 3 or 4 slots free for the tournament. That isn't acceptable for us, a) because you should have said so when we said that we'd keep 2 free, I didnt say any number of slots ... at least for home and away game of one round ... and b) because that is a very strong requirement to place on freemium players and hence should have been listed in the tournament description, along with any time requirements and sanctions for violating them. I am sorry I don't agree when I organize a tournament my mind is thinking the players participate to enjoy it, not what are the sanctions or requirements ...

This are the rules I used to post in my tournaments, however I don't know why I forgot to post it, perhaps because I think tournaments are a way to enjoy games and not a law
PepeAtila wrote:
    Notes
    • This is my kingdom and what I say, goes in this tournament. If I feel that something needs changing then I have the right to do if it's fair to everybody and is in the benefit of the tournament.
    • My first aim is people to enjoy, so be kind with other players. I cannot accept your participation if your behaviour is not good (lower rate than 4.5??).
    • Signing up to the tournament counts only when posted to this thread.
    • Foe List is ignored. If you wish to play in my tournament then you have to play with anybody who stand in your way.
    • If you wish to drop out from the tournament then be polite - let me know about it. Don’t just deadbeat.
    • If you need more time to joining games then let me know. I’m sure we can work out something.
    • Questions? Comments? Turn to me either by PM or posting to this thread.
    • PepeAtila's Tournament Notification List! If you wish to get a message when I launch a new tournament (I'm letting people know ~48 hours after I've launched the tournament) then please let me know about it - post about it to this thread or send me a private message. If you deadbeat in my tournament then I will automatically remove you from the list.

I don't think it's OK to make these rules and sanctions up as you go along, especially not when we announced in a public post how we'd deal with the issue and you implicitly agreed by replying positively.

perhaps my English is not good enough to understand the line I color and bold
kaikeva wrote:My team(La Belle Alliance) is unable to start two games because Ika Pakao and I dont have premium and we have only 1 slot free at this moment. We will join the second game ASAP if that is ok?

In future we will try to organize better and have more open slots.
thanks.

I hope that you rethink your announcement and let us play two games at a time as previously agreed. If not, we're probably going to have to drop out of the tournament completely, since we want to be able to play other games, too, and we can't if we have to keep 3 or 4 slots free just for one tournament.

Many thanks for your consideration,

joriki.

Just I want you to know it is more a question for the other teams than yours ... because I shouldnt accept 'premium' teams where some player don't join the game... USUALLY with 2 slots should be enough, since I send every round when some teams finish all their games... even in this case my hope was you can finish your 2nd round game before saturday ... even I can wait till monday... Just try (if it is possible) to go a little faster, while I try to slow down. Thank you for your consideration ... However it would be nice from you if TEMPORARY you can dedicate one more slot ... till all the teams work in the same round. Also keep in mind the tournament is 14 games, and you joined 5, so 9 more 'slot/games' are needed. It is up to you how to fill them, but I guess it is not correct that one team is playing round 5 while another can be playing 2nd round.

It is no a big problem (and this is the main reason for the decision)... The "speed" it is more or less 2 games every 7/10 days ... if you cannot "play" games at the same speed, we can "jump" that game delay... and then you can still in the tournament.

When 4th round is send, I should ask 3rd round games filled with players ... and so will be like this till the end. My hope is you understand when I will send 5th round (with 2 or 3 teams with 8 games finished) I will ask you to be 'playing' the 4th round... because (I repeat it) the main aim of the tournament is people enjoying playing, and I cannot accept more than 3 teams without playing any game ... just waiting.

I hope you understand the situation ... and that it is better (in general) to jump the oldest game than to stop the tournament.
Captain PepeAtila

Postby PepeAtila on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:35 am

Summing up we are going to take a breath and I will not send a new game in two weeks.
:D
Captain PepeAtila

Postby MyTurnToWin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 am

Even though it might delay the tournament when a freemium has to wait for a slot... I say do NOT make them forfeit.

After all it didn't say they had a time limit.

Good luck to all and thanks to Pepe for organizing the tourney.
Sergeant MyTurnToWin

Postby PepeAtila on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:22 pm

MyTurnToWin wrote:Even though it might delay the tournament when a freemium has to wait for a slot... I say do NOT make them forfeit.

After all it didn't say they had a time limit.

Good luck to all and thanks to Pepe for organizing the tourney.

ok :D
Captain PepeAtila

Re: TRIPLE Liga III (last round)

Postby PepeAtila on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:11 am

winner La Belle Alliance
=D> =D> =D>
joriki
Ika Pakao
kaikeva
=D> =D> =D>
congratulations
Captain PepeAtila

Re: TRIPLE Liga III (winners: joriki , Ika Pakao , kaikeva )

Postby joriki on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi everyone -- thanks a lot for the tournament -- it's been great fun. Thanks also for your patience, both to the organizer and to the other players; I know it's sometimes been a long wait because of our limited number of slots and we appreciate that that was accepted.

We're trying hard to keep up the flawless record until the end -- the last two games are proving to be challenging -- but the fact that we recovered from several near-death experiences in the AOR and Supermax games gives us hope that we might still pull it off ;)
General joriki

Previous

Return to Completed 2010