Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Conqueror of Siam (Round 1)

Postby ksslemp on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Is it Halloween already???
Major ksslemp

Postby danryan on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:44 pm

The tiebreaker is finally over, and the least deserving participant won. Onward and upward!
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby FarangDemon on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:04 am

Congratulations to danryan for winning the Round 1 Tiebreaker. Dimnjacarstef and danryan are representing Indochina. Good luck to them in Round 2.

I've create 3 new games. Two of them are doubles in Indochina

Game 5470199
Game 5470202

The other is a Bamboo Jack quad involving all Round 2 players from both Siam and the Colonial Powers

Game 5470225

Current Score: Siam 2 - Colonial Powers 0

There will be a total of 9 games (four more quads after these current games) to determine which side wins, Siam or Colonial Powers. Then, in Round 3, the winning side will fight amongst themselves to divvy up the spoils. There can only be one Conqueror of Siam (yes, you get to call yourself that forever). Good luck to both sides. We will see who has the best guns, germs and steel.
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby ksslemp on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:16 pm

What is the hold up in the Bamboo Jack Game?

Are we waiting for players?
Major ksslemp

Postby ksslemp on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 pm

I think you need to redo the Bamboo jack game, we have players from the colonial side on the Siam team.

Please review.
Major ksslemp

Postby FarangDemon on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Congratulations to the Colonials, who have picked up a win in French Indochina, stemming the tide of the two Siamese breakaway victories. Round 2 is under way, full steam ahead AND competitive, at least for the moment. The fate of the two ongoing games will be critical to either side, with Indochina and the Burmese-Thai railway affording strategic inroads into the Khorat Plateau and the heart of the Chao Phraya basin, respectively.

Gentleman, unleash the soi dogs of war. And whosoever be bitten by them, know ye that you were not bitten in vain, but for the glory of the lustrous Pearl of Asia and for the unspeakable pleasures bestowed upon its owners.

CURRENT SCORE: SIAM 2 - COLONIAL POWERS 1
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby FarangDemon on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Looks like the Siamese are pulling ahead... The Colonial navy capsized in the Mekong and their expeditionary force got routed along the Thai-Burma railway by the Royal Thai Army. Team SIAM has won 2/2 quads games and are about to conclude a victory in Asia to seal the deal.

CURRENT SCORE: SIAM 4 - COLONIALS 2

One more win (which seems inevitable) and the Siamese players advance to the final round where they will claw and eye gouge one another for the trophy that is the gleaming Pearl of Asia.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby FarangDemon on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 am

CURRENT SCORE: SIAM 5 - COLONIALS 2

Congratulations to Team SIAM. Winning 5 of 9 games, they have fended off the attack from the Colonial Powers and have progressed to Round 3 where they are currently battling it out for supremacy of Siam.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby danryan on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks for running the tournament farang. We (colonial powers) never came together in the team games and were soundly beaten. Congratulations to the siamese cats.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby thrambone on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Whew. Finally finished. Want to thank everyone for making this possible. It ended up being a battle between Pidgdog - who's theory was to take and hold bonuses (not at all unusual) and my theory - bonuses don't matter in escalating play, just build up next to the most likely take out target.

Over the course of games, I think my theory prevailed.

Thanks to FarangDemon for hosting the 5 month long tourney. Glad I could represent Siam.
Captain thrambone

Postby FarangDemon on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Congrats to Thrambone for winning the tournament. You are the undisputed Conqueror of Siam. Don't let the power and glory go to your head. Maybe you should do something nice like give a hotdog to a scabby, disease-ridden soi dog in order to guarantee a long lasting, prosperous reign.

Thanks everyone for participating! I might do another one once MarVal finishes the Thailand map.
Click image to enlarge.

Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby Americanpigdog on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:32 pm

thrambone wrote:Whew. Finally finished. Want to thank everyone for making this possible. It ended up being a battle between Pidgdog - who's theory was to take and hold bonuses (not at all unusual) and my theory - bonuses don't matter in escalating play, just build up next to the most likely take out target.

Over the course of games, I think my theory prevailed.

Thanks to FarangDemon for hosting the 5 month long tourney. Glad I could represent Siam.

I don't have a theory, I just push buttons and look at the pretty colors. GG tho.
Sergeant 1st Class Americanpigdog

Re: COMPLETED - Conqueror of Siam - Congrats Thrambone

Postby Dreden on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:37 am

Thanks to farangdemon for taking the time and trouble to put together and host this tournament, and hearty congratulations to thrambone on the win. Thanks also to team mates PD and Kss for the great team work.

I would only suggest that in future for the final part of a tournament such as this that the games not be escalating as that kinda reduces the tactics needed and brings luck too much into play. Just my opinion.
Sergeant 1st Class Dreden

Previous

Return to Completed 2009