Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:56 am

Godd wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:YOU! I want them to gang up on YOU! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I can do that, I will help gang up on "YOU!"

wait I do not see a YOU! in any of the games..... :shock:

Ok class, take out your note books and write down,-- "Attack Optimus " :D

No, no, no! You've got it ALL wrong! :shock: :shock: Leave the big shiny robot alone and go after the heavenly imposter!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby dcc1220 on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:25 pm

Game 889268

1st dcc1220
2nd NormalGuy
3rd bob72
4th InkL0sed
Major dcc1220

Postby Kinnison on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:19 pm

BWAH-HA-HA! I finally win a game... and drop to last in my division...

*SNORT* that's actually entertaining...
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby Elwar on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:01 am

Reviewed the remaining games in my division, heres my prediction on how it pans out (lets hope I'm wrong!);

inonzuk ~85
General Franco ~75
Me ~72
Snowy ~72
Gypsy's Kiss ~70
Kinnison~52

So I'm happy :)
Lieutenant Elwar

Postby BelgarathGFRPG on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 am

Wow, I didn't realize only 1 person from each division advanced :/
Lieutenant BelgarathGFRPG

Postby Timminz on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:49 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
Godd wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:YOU! I want them to gang up on YOU! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I can do that, I will help gang up on "YOU!"

wait I do not see a YOU! in any of the games..... :shock:

Ok class, take out your note books and write down,-- "Attack Optimus " :D

No, no, no! You've got it ALL wrong! :shock: :shock: Leave the big shiny robot alone and go after the heavenly imposter!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay, so who wants to start the bidding. :lol:
Captain Timminz

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:59 am

I bid.....a guaranteed invitation to the upcoming "Optimus Prime's Matrix of Power Invitational" tournament. How does that stack up?
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Aerial Attack on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:00 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:I bid.....a guaranteed invitation to the upcoming "Optimus Prime's Matrix of Power Invitational" tournament. How does that stack up?

PJ,

Can I switch divisions? I assume that OPie will be carrying this invitation on his "person." Thus, if I eliminate him - I get the invite. So, yeah - I wanna terminate him *cackle*!
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:02 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:I bid.....a guaranteed invitation to the upcoming "Optimus Prime's Matrix of Power Invitational" tournament. How does that stack up?

PJ,

Can I switch divisions? I assume that OPie will be carrying this invitation on his "person." Thus, if I eliminate him - I get the invite. So, yeah - I wanna terminate him *cackle*!

You seem to have misundertstood. :D The invitation is very real, yet metaphorical, therefore it cannot be carried upon my "person" and besides, you only get it if you eliminate Godd. 8) 8)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:01 pm

Another game finished for Division 6:

Game 969330

1. Optimus Prime
2. Godd
3. Timminz
4. MarVal

I don't think that puts me back in the lead, but I gained a couple points back on Godd's lead. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Aerial Attack on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:10 pm

Apparently with that 2nd place finish Godd secured his advancement to the next round.

Alas, the invitation will go unsent *sigh* ...
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:Apparently with that 2nd place finish Godd secured his advancement to the next round.

Alas, the invitation will go unsent *sigh* ...

I think he had it secured already, before the game even ended. However, with that second place finish he guaranteed me my first ever crossing of the 1400 point threshold. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby bob72 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:48 pm

glad someone is enjoying the games I've went from 1200 to under the 1000. Slowly crawling my way back up using terminator games against deadbeats.

(longs for a terminator game with 4 deadbeats and a friend.)
Private 1st Class bob72

Re: The 3456 League (first round nearing completion)

Postby Godd on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:51 pm

pjdonald wrote:Congratulations to Godd for being the first to advance. He won Division 6.

"Hey Hey alright", I made it -even though Optimus was on my tail and whomping me real good in other games

pjdonald wrote:Anyone got a guess yet on how many points its going to take to win a division? Maybe 85.

Looks like your guess was right on there for I got 84
Major Godd

Postby Godd on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:59 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
You seem to have misundertstood. :D The invitation is very real, yet metaphorical, therefore it cannot be carried upon my "person" and besides, you only get it if you eliminate Godd. 8) 8)
I have not been reading everything but now I see now you have been hard at work trying to drum up even more oppisition on me, bounties and bribs and outright threats possible.

Sorry Aerial Attack but dont let him fool ya. If we ever get in a game against each other and you stomp me real good, Optimus will make up a excuse to back out of the deal
Major Godd

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:07 pm

Godd wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
I have not been reading everything but now I see now you have been hard at work trying to drum up even more oppisition on me, bounties and bribs and outright threats possible.

Sorry Aerial Attack but dont let him fool ya. If we ever get in a game against each other and you stomp me real good, Optimus will make up a excuse to back out of the deal

Excuse?!?!?! What?!?!?! I don't make excuses. :D Besides, you're both already on the invite list anyways....
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Godd on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:09 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Excuse?!?!?! What?!?!?! I don't make excuses. :D Besides, you're both already on the invite list anyways....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Major Godd

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:34 am

Hahaha, congrats on the 1400 pt. break Optimus, I'm trying to break 1600, highest score for me was 1580.

Oooooh the coveted list for the invitational. Hope I got an invite coming my way.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:02 am

thekidstrumpet wrote:Hahaha, congrats on the 1400 pt. break Optimus, I'm trying to break 1600, highest score for me was 1580.

Oooooh the coveted list for the invitational. Hope I got an invite coming my way.

Yep.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Kinnison on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:05 am

And just who does one have to blow... up, to get an invitation? ;)

Ah, well. I'll just haveto content myself with killing folks to get my ranking back up after this tourney. It's climbing nicely already again, never did quite drop back to private *shudder*...
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby pjdonald on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 am

As we wrap up, I'm interested in feedback. I definitely intend to do this again in some form.

1) Points system: was it fair? Should there be more emphasis on winning? less?
2) Scheduling: was it too compact? I'm leaning towards 10-14 days between sets instead of 7, since I think at one point I had 14 league games (of my own) going at once.
3) Matchups: in the next generation, I'm thinking to still emphasize divisional play, but also introduce some inter-divisional play as well.
4) Choice of settings: should I force people to pick 2 esc and 2 flat? or one esc, one flat, one no card, and one of their choice? I could manage the flow much better that way.
5) Other....

By the way, responses to #2 could be incorporated into the final round. I'll probably poll all 6 advancers on that point.

Thanks!
Major pjdonald

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 am

Kinnison wrote:And just who does one have to blow... up, to get an invitation? ;)

Ah, well. I'll just haveto content myself with killing folks to get my ranking back up after this tourney. It's climbing nicely already again, never did quite drop back to private *shudder*...

If you ask nicely, you can more than likely get one. :D
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Kinnison on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:23 pm

pjdonald wrote:As we wrap up, I'm interested in feedback. I definitely intend to do this again in some form.

2) Scheduling: was it too compact? I'm leaning towards 10-14 days between sets instead of 7, since I think at one point I had 14 league games (of my own) going at once.
3) Matchups: in the next generation, I'm thinking to still emphasize divisional play, but also introduce some inter-divisional play as well.
4) Choice of settings: should I force people to pick 2 esc and 2 flat? or one esc, one flat, one no card, and one of their choice? I could manage the flow much better that way.
5) Other....

By the way, responses to #2 could be incorporated into the final round. I'll probably poll all 6 advancers on that point.

Thanks!

1: Seemed reasonable. haven't done any deep thinking on this yet, But I stayed reasonably close for most of the way with only one win near the end (to date, couple to go), just a number of respectable performances. Would suggest waiting until the tournament round is DONE, analyzing folks' performances and finishing positions, before making any changes.

2: either works. the longer delay is certainly appropriate after rounds that have no cards or several flat rate games, as those take longer. you could make the larger games 9with higher rewards0 flat or no cards, and the smaller games flat or esc. easier forts in the smaller games, to speed them along. Possibly make the larger games worth more, then. I am NOT a fan of 'no card' games in most tournament play, though. they tend to take too much longer, and disarrange the schedule, IMO.

3: cool, but that's looking more like a long-term league than a tournament. yes, I know leagues are tournaments.... but I think you get my meaning. ;)

4: Hmmm, see my comments to #2.
Lieutenant Kinnison

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:46 pm

pjdonald wrote:As we wrap up, I'm interested in feedback. I definitely intend to do this again in some form.

5) Other....

Thanks!

1. The points system was pretty fair
2. The scheduling may have been slightly compact, but it wasn't too bad [for premiums]. 10 days might be a bit better than 7 (seeing as how most 4+ player games typically last longer than a week)
3. There was definitely an overabundance of seeing the same players - some inter-divisional play would have broken it up nicely. I guess the move to 10 days would help too. Of course, this was good for creating rivalries [I think I'm officially on Forza AZ's kill list]
4. Yeah, one of each + choice is the way to go. This tournament is about seeing who is the best sequential player, not player at specific settings (other than sequential).
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Godd on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:22 pm

5) Other....

Thanks!

#1 No questions on the points system for other then was confussed as to the most points win or the fewest
#2 I would leave it as is but I also am one to jump to playing 50+ games at times
#3 Sounds great to mix it up some but still liked the same group playing due to by the end you could figure out how each one played and who was going to try the first big move and when as well as who was the weaker one that you could take out first to advance yourself.
#4 anything but "no cards" game. No card games can go on for ever at times
#5 yes the other is good for other things as long as other does not get in the way of others unless the other is otherwise smart other then others (think I can run for president now :P )
Major Godd

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2008