Conquer Club

THE ESCALATING EUROPE TOURNAMENT [CHAMPION: BarbieB]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Division 2 is DONE!

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:49 pm

FiveCardArmy wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:All games our now active that have been sent out. I predict we'll start seeing some finished games sometime middle to end of this week. :)

Division 2 has completed the first set. I should have read the whole part of the first post before starting. So you get points for second place?....very tricky. Had I read this first, it would have gone into my strategy.

My first set of games I locked in 3-1st, 1-2nd, and a 5th for a total of 22 points.

Now that I know second gets points it will definately be taken into consideration of who gets knocked out how. very tricky.

Where are the points log being kept updated? on this forum or somewhere else?

Yep, you have to play your strategy for the tournament as a whole, not just one singular game.

As for points, the standings will be in the first post when I do an update. I'm thinking I might do such a thing sometime today, and when I do, I'll post in the thread to bring attention to the fact the standings have been updated. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:20 pm

Division 2 has finished all of their first 5 games, so I have sent them the second set. Nobody else has finished a game yet, so I'll check in after a couple more days to see where we stand. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

1st round scores for Div 2?

Postby FiveCardArmy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:08 am

Optimus Prime wrote:Division 2 has finished all of their first 5 games, so I have sent them the second set. Nobody else has finished a game yet, so I'll check in after a couple more days to see where we stand. :)

What are the scores Sir Prime? I need to know before we start the second set. Many thanks.
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Postby FiveCardArmy on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:34 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Division 2 has finished all of their first 5 games, so I have sent them the second set. Nobody else has finished a game yet, so I'll check in after a couple more days to see where we stand. :)

Everyone in Div2 has signed up expect one person. What happens in the event that this person doesnt sign on?
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Re: 1st round scores for Div 2?

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:06 pm

FiveCardArmy wrote:

What are the scores Sir Prime? I need to know before we start the second set. Many thanks.

They are in the first post. If you can't see them, refresh with F5.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:07 pm

FiveCardArmy wrote:

Everyone in Div2 has signed up expect one person. What happens in the event that this person doesnt sign on?

When I do my updates in the morning, I'll contact them to remind them, and if they aren't going to continue, I'll find a reserve to finish the first round games. :) I've got your back, don't worry. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:30 am

Standings updated this morning. I have contacted Icefog99 to join his games, and if he doesn't soon, I'll use a reserve. :)

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby FiveCardArmy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:59 am

Optimus Prime wrote:Standings updated this morning. I have contacted Icefog99 to join his games, and if he doesn't soon, I'll use a reserve. :)

Regards, Optimus Prime

YO OPTIMUS, I think there is a little snafu! I am starting my second set for this tournament and we are all on a classis map and not the EUROPEAN map. This is The Escalating Europe Tournament right? haha, can we fix this or am i missing something?
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:14 pm

FiveCardArmy wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Standings updated this morning. I have contacted Icefog99 to join his games, and if he doesn't soon, I'll use a reserve. :)

Regards, Optimus Prime

YO OPTIMUS, I think there is a little snafu! I am starting my second set for this tournament and we are all on a classis map and not the EUROPEAN map. This is The Escalating Europe Tournament right? haha, can we fix this or am i missing something?

Yep.....I jacked that up big time, none of those game can count.....damn it. Not cool of me. I'll fix that shortly. :oops:
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby FiveCardArmy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
FiveCardArmy wrote:

Regards, Optimus Prime

Yep.....I jacked that up big time, none of those game can count.....damn it. Not cool of me. I'll fix that shortly. :oops:

When setting up 60 games with approximately 7 settings per game for a total of 420 different variables in total, messing up 5 isnt that bad!
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:25 pm

PMs sent to the five players involved to find their personal opinions on possible fixes to the problem.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby FiveCardArmy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:PMs sent to the five players involved to find their personal opinions on possible fixes to the problem.

What's your executive decision? We have all taken a few turns after you sent out the PM asking for input of the choices so I think everyone had a chance to respond. Before I take my third turn on each on the maps (I am next on all of them) I'd like to know if the games will count or not....Its going to be part of my strategery!
Sergeant FiveCardArmy

Postby Optimus Prime on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Several games have now finished in other divisions, so the standings have just been updated and uploaded.

Looks like a couple of divisions are getting close to getting their second set of 5 games in the next few days. :)

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby JeF on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Game #1966879

1st - JeF
2nd - NickDanger
3rd - RedBaron0
4th - dagreatbroomhead
5th - Night Strike
Tournaments Won: Quick and Simple Tournament; "YOU'RE ELIMINATED" IV
Lieutenant JeF

Postby RedBaron0 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Game 1966885

Winner-Redbaron0
2nd-Nightstrike
3rd-dagreatbroomhead
4th-NickDanger
5th-JeF
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Alrighty, we had a ton of games finish over the weekend, so there is a nice big update to the standings. Also, we had two more divisions reach the point where they needed their second set of 5 games, so I've sent them out.

Keep playing hard. It looks like the competition is pretty fierce so far. :)

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:59 am

By way of announcement:

Night Strike has had some unexpected internet troubles while he is home for Spring Break. He should be in his Division 3 games sometime over the weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:18 am

Yikes! You guys finished a ton of games this week while I was busy writing papers for Shakespeare class. :)

I've updated the standings, sent out several new games to folks who needed them, and determined that blockhead15 is our first qualifier for the Finals.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:26 am

Alright, did another update this morning, and we are looking pretty good.

All divisions should now have all of their second set of games. That means that all of them should be active within a day or two, and we just have to wait for the results.

It looks like a couple of tight races in some divisions, and then another division where a comeback may be needed to upset the current leader.

Standings have been updated, and I'll check in again at the middle to end of this week.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Game 2036634

DI wins

2nd acores2005
3rd Tersal
4th Kotaro
5th monster10
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby Kotaro on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Tournament Game: The Escalating Europe Tournament - Division 5

2008-03-25 01:37:41 - Kotaro won the game

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=2036632

1st: Kotaro
2nd: tersal
3rd: monster10
4th: Drunk_Idiot
5th: acores2005
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Re: THE ESCALATING EUROPE TOURNAMENT

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:40 am

I'm back with another update after a slightly longer break due to some school projects, and several games were finished. :)

Looks like Division 5 has finished all 10 of their games and Drunk_Idiot has qualified for the Finals with 42 points. He joins blockhead15 as the only Finals qualifiers at this point. I think the other divisions will have qualifiers soon as well.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:42 pm

No new changes for today folks, but I know that several games are getting very close to finishing. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:29 am

Standings are updated today, and yes, I know you can see the entire table. We are working on fixing that problem. For now just keep playing hard and do your best to win each game. :)

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby RedBaron0 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Game 2036608

Winner:RedBaron0
2nd:NickDanger
3rd:JeF
4th:Night Strike
5th:dagreatbroomhead
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0