Conquer Club

My House, My Rules [Winner: Prismsaber]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

My House, My Rules [Winner: Prismsaber]

Postby mushin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:09 pm

My House, My Rules

When posting to join this tournament, please include 2 maps which you wish to have as homefield advantage.

• Example:
  • I, Mushin, being of sound ummm, wellā€¦okay sound body at least, would like to play in this great tournament. I would be honored to be numbered among the chosen. Whoever made this tournament is the greatest human being to ever exist. I am in awe of hisā€¦(you get the idea).
    My 2 maps are:
    • Classic
    • Middle Earth

Who Can Join?

• This tournament is open to both premium and freemium. All Freemiums please keep a minimum of one slot open for tournament play. Any player unable to join one of their games with 72 hours after the PM was sent will be considered a no show, and their spot will be filled by a reserve.

The Basics/Possible Game Settings

• Number of Entrants: 32
  • Map: Any
  • Game Types: 1 vs 1
  • Play Order: Sequential & Freestyle
  • Bonus Cards: No Cards, Flat Rate, Escalating
  • Fortifications: Adjacent, Chained, Unlimited
  • Fog of War: No, Yes
  • Round Length: Casual

Standard Mushin Disclaimer

I am a jackass that loves overly-complicated things. As such, I have a standard two-point disclaimer.
    • I WILL KEEP TRACK OF ALL THIS MADNESS- All you have to do is play. If you want to be actively involved in the tournament (debate rule interpretations, keep stats, help me with my personal issues, etcā€¦), you are welcome to do so. If instead you just want to play and have someone else take care of everything, thatā€™s what I do.
    • DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY PERSONALLY, UNLESS IT CONCERNS THE ACTUAL TOURNAMENT AND/OR RULES- I am a jackass that likes to entertain himself by making random ridiculous comments. If, during the course of my tournament, one of my comments offends you I apologize in advance. My favorite food is sacred cow hamburger and yourā€™s may be too juicy to pass up. If you are easily offended you may want to play in a different tournament.

The Premise

Have you ever thought ā€œMan, if I had played that guy with the rules and map I had wanted thereā€™s no way I would have lost?ā€, or , ā€œThere may be a mouse living in my left ear.ā€ Well my friend itā€™s time to kill those self-delusions. You make the rules, you take the results. Every player will have a changeable home field advantage. You think you can beat anyone when you make the rules. Time to ā€œMan upā€. You may be thinking to yourself, ā€œBut Mushin, I donā€™t really have any desire to be a man.ā€ In that case, place the appropriate gender/organism term into the ā€œprove yourself idiomā€ and add ā€œupā€ to the end. Example: Itā€™s time to ā€œPlatypus up.ā€ But I digressā€¦

Basic Game Play

• This is a tune up tourney to work out bugs. Just want to get that out in the open before hand. The guinea pigsā€¦.errā€¦. I mean participants will each select 2 home maps when they join the tourney. These maps will be the maps they can make rules for when it's their turn to do so. Each match will be decided by a best of seven 1 vs. 1 series of games. Each player will alternate picking the map and all the settings except round length for their home game. Rounds will always be casual. The home field advantage will rotate between the two players.

example:
    • game 1=team 1 home field advantage
    • game 2=team 2 home field advantage
    • game 3=team 1 home field advantage
    • game 4=team 2 home field advantage
    • game 5=team 1 home field advantage
    • game 6=team 2 home field advantage
    • game 7=team 1 home field advantage
    The team with the overall advantage (the team that gets 4 home games vs their opponents 3 home games) will be decided by their tournament seed. See the below Tournament Seeding section for an explanation of seeding procedures. Before each 1vs 1 match, the person with the home field for that match will decide what the settings will be. Each player is limited to one of the 2 maps the chose at the tourney sign-up. More maps may be gained, though. Read on for the further tournament wrinkles.

CC player that participated in another Mushin tournament wrote:If Mushin is a wrinkle, somebody find some Botox

The tournament will be based on a double bracket style that can be seen below. Elimination is one and done. The highest seed each round is granted home field advantage. Each game of each round will be played one at a time. I will PM the appropriate person for settings before each game starts.

Changeable Home Field Settings

The settings will be determined prior to every game. I will PM the appropriate person before making the tourney game.

example

• Game 1 Bill makes his settings
      • Map: Classic
      • Play Order: Sequential
      • Bonus Cards: No Cards
      • Fortifications: Adjacent
      • Fog of War: Yes
    • Game 3 Bill makes his settings
      • Map: Classic
      • Play Order: Freestyle
      • Bonus Cards: Escalating
      • Fortifications: Unlimited
      • Fog of War: No

Tournament Seeding

A participantā€™s seeding will be based on each playerā€™s CC points at the moment I close the tourney and check everyoneā€™s profile. There are two brackets of 18 players. Basically, when the tourney is full, and I am free from work to read through 32 profiles while collecting a paycheck. (Man I love my job).

Winning Home Field Advantage Maps

During the first round, only the 2 maps designated at sign up will be considered home field. Each player can use as many or as few of their 2 home field maps during the round as they choose.

Example part I:
      • Fred signed up and declares Classic, and 8 Thoughts as his home map during sign up.
        • Round 1 Fred plays Classic, Classic, and Classic as his home field maps.
      • Bill signs up with the maps Feudal War and North America.
          Round 1 Bill plays Feudal War then North America then Feudal War, and finally North America as his home field maps.
      The kicker comes when you advance. When you beat someone, you gain their maps. During all proceeding rounds you may use your vanquished foes maps for your own if you so choose.

Example part II:
      • Bill and Fred play in the first round. Bill beats the living tar out of Fred. Now, for Round 2 Bill has the following maps to choose from:
        • Classic
        • 8 Thoughts
        • Feudal War
        • North America.
        No actual person named Fred was harmed during the creation of these rulesā€¦.or were they???

Winning a map you already have/Adding a new map (The conquerAce Acquisition)

If you win a map from an opponent that you already own, you may choose a different map from the CC list to take it's place.

Reserves

• There will be two reserve pools.
    • Normal Reserve Pool: This pool functions normally. Any person wishing to join the tournament after it has begun will go into this pool. They will have two home field maps. If a reserve from the normal pool is brought in, that person will only have access to the maps they designated at sign up. They do not have access to the replaced playerā€™s maps.
    • In-Tournament Reserve Pool: If a person drops out, for whatever reason, the players that were defeated by him/her will be asked if they want to replace their fallen tormentor. There is a catch. A person who has been beaten, but comes back as a reserve can only use the two original starting maps of the replaced player until they win a series with another player.
    • In both cases, the reserve will take on the seeding of the player they are replacing.

End Game

• The last man standing wins the tourney. Good luck and may the Fraggles be with you.

When posting to join this tournament, please include 2 maps which you wish to control.

• Example:
    • I, Mushin, being of sound ummm, wellā€¦okay sound body at least, would like to play in this great tournament. I would be honored to be numbered among the chosen. Whoever made this tournament is the greatest human being to ever exist. I am in awe of hisā€¦(you get the idea).
      My 2 maps are:
      • Classic
      • Middle Earth
Last edited by mushin on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 53 times in total.
If I seem slightly confused somebody please slap me.
Corporal mushin

Players Table

Postby mushin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Last edited by mushin on Mon May 05, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Corporal mushin

Brackets and Matches

Postby mushin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by mushin on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Corporal mushin

Statistics

Postby mushin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:10 pm

All players who move on to advancing levels will have their statistics tracked. The numbers below reflect all games completed in the proceeding rounds. For an explanation of the stats, or for suggestions, please PM me.

Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by mushin on Mon May 05, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Corporal mushin

Re: My House, My Rules (1 of 32 + 10 Reserves)

Postby mushin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:13 pm

I'm in

Self to Mushin wrote:You really don't have to say you're in. They get it.

WHO THE HELL KEEPS SAYING THAT!!!!

Home Maps:

Middle Earth
Age of Realms: Magic
Corporal mushin

Postby Darin44 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:56 pm

that was nice
i'm in
feudal war
age of realm magic
Sergeant 1st Class Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby grant.gordon on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:09 am

I'm in
Age of Realms Might
Classic
Sergeant 1st Class grant.gordon

Postby conquerAce on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:14 am

Great idea. I'm in

Pearl Harbor and British Isles
Major conquerAce

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:57 am

I, Haggis of the Mutton would like to take part in this historic event. I also commend His Great Red Dragon-ess (known to us mortals as Mushin) for his exquisite taste in derogatory comments and unbelievable amount of free time(I wish i had your job :lol: )

P.S.

Waterloo
Pearl Harbor
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby amazzony on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:37 am

I, amazzony, think that this is a really great idea and well worked through idea. But I'm not joining, no time and too many active games. Good luck with it and I'm sure that you'll have no problems getting it full ;)
Oh, and I just had to type this message because I took the time to read it and I just must add my comment of how I like it :twisted:

Cheers,
amazzony
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 am

the Drunk is in...

Doodle Earth and USA
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby mushin on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:09 am

Darin44 wrote:that was nice
i'm in
feudal war
age of realm magic

A redneck that's into Feudal War and Magic. That's one deadly combo there.

Interview of Darrin44 wrote:So kinds of things do you like?

Darin44 wrote:I like bow huntin, fishin, and elves

I'm sorry to tell you that you're redneck card has been revoked.

But look on the bright side, you're in the tourney.

grant.gordon wrote:I'm in
Age of Realms Might
Classic

Gordon? As in related to Flash Gordon!!!! Ohmygod,ohmygod,ohmygod!!!!! Your uncle's, cousin's, brother's, nephew's, grandfather is one of my favorite heroes of all time!!!! Have you met my good friend Ming the Merciless?

Ming the Merciless wrote:For the crime of carrying the Gordon name you shall now be sodomized with a luffa made of coral reef.

RUN grant.gordon RUN!!!!

But welcome to the tournament

conquerAce wrote:Image
Great idea. I'm in

Pearl Harbor and British Isles

So is that ace with ladies on the side the cyber version of this:

Holy crap!!! You're a computer trucker!!!

10-4 good buddy, your in.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Image
I, Haggis of the Mutton would like to take part in this historic event. I also commend His Great Red Dragon-ess (known to us mortals as Mushin) for his exquisite taste in derogatory comments and unbelievable amount of free time(I wish i had your job :lol: )

P.S.

Waterloo
Pearl Harbor

Due to your obvious good taste and intelligence, I am closing the tourney and declaring you the winner. Okay, not the winner. You can be second behind the Great Firey Ass of the Dragon.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:I said "Dragon-ess"

Ohhhhh...In that case screw you buddy. It's on!!!

Welcome to the tourney.

amazzony wrote:Image
I, amazzony, think that this is a really great idea and well worked through idea. But I'm not joining, no time and too many active games. Good luck with it and I'm sure that you'll have no problems getting it full ;)
Oh, and I just had to type this message because I took the time to read it and I just must add my comment of how I like it :twisted:

Cheers,
amazzony

Amazzony, why are you always flirting with me? If my wife finds out you're going to need more than that arrow. She's the one who taught Ming how that sandpaper luffa thing.

Mushin's wife wrote:Who are you talking to?

No one honey...

Mushin's wife wrote:Are you talking to that flaming arrow tart again!!! Ming, give me that luffa.

RUN amazzony RUN!!!

Drunk_Idiot wrote:Image
the Drunk is in...

Doodle Earth and USA

I'm impressed Drunk. You're the only player on CC that is such a fan of circuses that you put one on your banner.

The Ringmaster:

The Retarded Animal Trainer:

The Retarded Animal:

The Clown:

And the New Coming Attraction, the Criminal Rainmaker:

Mushin's wife wrote:I know that a Chief's fan isn't talking trash to anyone.

Damn it honey! Why do you always have to ruin my smack talk...

HOW BOUT THEM CHIEFS!!!

<Mushin sobbing uncontrollably>

Welcome to the game Drunk_Idiot
Corporal mushin

Re: My House, My Rules (6 of 32 + 10 Reserves)

Postby brendan man on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:46 am

nice, doodle earth and aor:Might
Corporal brendan man

Re: My House, My Rules (6 of 32 + 10 Reserves)

Postby mushin on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:38 pm

brendan man wrote:nice, doodle earth and aor:Might

You are not allowed in my tournament. I distinctly remember you having an avatar that included Darth Vadar and the Cookie Monster. I used that avatar as a metaphor for my life. It reminded me that even the most diabolical evil sociopathic killer in the known universe has a fuzzy blue cookie addicted muppet trying to get out.

It gave me hope for my kitten.

Alright...you and your boring nothingness can be in...sigh.

Welcome to the game.
Corporal mushin

Re: My House, My Rules (8 of 32 + 10 Reserves)

Postby brandoncfi on Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:41 am

im in
Prohibition Chicago
Waterloo
Highest point total 2774 and a rank of Colonel.
OSA of You
OSA Obsructing Your Sleep
GO STEELERS !!!
Cook brandoncfi

Postby topper on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:20 am

can you put me in please , maps classic and british isles
Sergeant 1st Class topper

Postby flyboy91 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:28 am

I, the honorable and most respected Flyboy91, being of sound sound body (and possibly intelligence), would like to play in this great tournament. I would be honored to be numbered among the chosen elites. Whoever made this tournament is the greatest human being to ever exist. I am in awe of his incalculable mushiness.

My 2 maps are:

* Classic
* Doodle Earth

[-o<
Lieutenant flyboy91

Postby White Moose on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:43 am

Hey, why not. Seems like a nice tournament :=)

Maps:

Age of Realms: Might

Yes, i like the Age of Realms maps :)
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby mushin on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:58 am

brandoncfi wrote:Image
im in
Prohibition Chicago
Waterloo

Ohhhh, one of those guys.

brandoncfi post in the Map Foundry wrote:I'm looking for a map that requires a PHD to understand. Each turn should take a minimum of 2 days to complete, and if you can somehow work out a way to print the map legend in heiroglyphics, that would be great. Thanks

Welcome to the tourney brandoncfi

topper wrote:Image
can you put me in please , maps classic and british isles

That's what I'm talking about. A person not afraid to embrace their deep, abiding love of Carey Grant. Dancing heroes from the 40's and "a non-Hasbro affiliated " board game addiction. Topper,thanks for joining. Your incredible dork courage has inspired me to follow my own dreams/love of slightly odd ball things.

Muppet Erotica

Welcome to the tourney topper

flyboy91 wrote:I, the honorable and most respected Flyboy91, being of sound sound body (and possibly intelligence), would like to play in this great tournament. I would be honored to be numbered among the chosen elites. Whoever made this tournament is the greatest human being to ever exist. I am in awe of his incalculable mushiness.

My 2 maps are:

* Classic
* Doodle Earth

[-o<

You shall go forth and spread the good word of a new faith. With your help The Church of Jackasseyness will rise to its proper place as a key thread in the fabric of human society (and coincidentally get us a tax-exempt status).

Mushin to young flyboy91 wrote:And yeah Mushin spoketh unto his ass, 'Fear not the cold white ceramics of yonder toilet, ye shall sit astride it and verily, ye shall spew forth the night soil of life."

flyboy91 wrote:WTF?!?!?!?!

Yes, WTF indeed....

Welcome to the tournament flyboy91

White Moose wrote:Image
Hey, why not. Seems like a nice tournament :=)

Maps:

Age of Realms: Might

Yes, i like the Age of Realms maps :)

SEEMS like a nice tournament? Come on now. When you look at George Bush do you say to yourself

White Moose to self wrote:George sure SEEMS like a dumb ass.

Do you think:

White Moose thinking wrote:Paris Hilton SEEMS to be the kind of retarded drunk ho-bag I want my own daughters to emulate

No, you know the truth of these things.

And the niceness of this tournament is beyond any mere SEEMS. It is Nice.

Welcome to the tournament White Moose
Corporal mushin

Postby White Moose on Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:58 am

mushin wrote:

You seem to know how to spell my name. But still, in the signup page i'm called White Mouse?

Change it please :)

And about that when i said it seems like a nice tournament, i can't really say it IS a nice tournament without playing in it.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Re: My House, My Rules (12 of 32 + 10 Reserves)

Postby flyboy91 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:54 am

Mushin to young flyboy91 wrote:And yeah Mushin spoketh unto his ass, 'Fear not the cold white ceramics of yonder toilet, ye shall sit astride it and verily, ye shall spew forth the night soil of life."

LOL
Lieutenant flyboy91

Postby prismsaber on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:12 pm

Waterloo and Europe.
Colonel prismsaber

Postby Natewolfman on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:26 pm

classic
WWII west front
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby Thomo1970 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:30 pm

I'm in

Draknor level 1
England
Captain Thomo1970

Postby mushin on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:59 pm

White Moose wrote:
mushin wrote:

You seem to know how to spell my name. But still, in the signup page i'm called White Mouse?

Change it please :)

And about that when i said it seems like a nice tournament, i can't really say it IS a nice tournament without playing in it.

Noted and updated. Don't think I didn't notice your snippy tone there mister. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

prismsaber wrote:Waterloo and Europe.

Prismsaber? Isn't that one of those cheap knock-off light sabers? You've got to be careful with those things. I had a friend who had one.

He hasn't had a date since the late 80's. It's one thing to be a dork, it's totally another to be a cheap dork.

Welcome to the game prismsaber.

Natewolfman wrote:classic
WWII west front

Nate, where hath gone your cocky cartoon figure? I feel as if I'm talking to a stranger. May I suggest some possible replacements.

How can you go wrong with a big hairy guy in a Beaver jersey? If that doesn't suit you...

Nothing like the good clean kids cartoon fun of the 40's that had such lovable characters as this sex starved rapist stalker wolf. I think it's lovable and so will your CC opponents. Or my personal favorite...

Cause who hasn't wanted to do that in their life?

Welcome to the tournament Natewolfman.

Thomo1970 wrote:I'm in

Draknor level 1
England

Tisk, tisk, tisk. There is no map that is called England, so I'm going to assume you mean the British Isles. And I hope for your sake that you meant the World War II Iwo Jima map. If you haven't met my wife, she is a saucy young Irish lass and the only thing she hates more than me are the British and you just lumped her in with them. You poor, poor bastard.

When her eyes glow like that it means she's been drinking again. You're screwed.

Welcome to the tournament for however long you have to live Thomo1970.
Corporal mushin

Next

Return to Completed 2008