Conquer Club

TOP 500 Doubles League [WINNER: ARTUR1 & SNUSLEPPA]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby snusleppa on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:44 am

Having just qualified for second round I definitely support bringing in Cairns and great lakes for Brazil and Ancient Greece.
Major snusleppa

Postby artur1 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:05 pm

snusleppa wrote:Having just qualified for second round I definitely support bringing in Cairns and great lakes for Brazil and Ancient Greece.

Agree with them.
Major artur1

Postby AndrewB on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:05 pm

snusleppa wrote:Having just qualified for second round I definitely support bringing in Cairns and great lakes for Brazil and Ancient Greece.

I will support that too.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby AndrewB on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:12 pm

There is a draw in a group D for third place :(
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Group D matches are finished.

To decide the third team for Round 2, a qualifying match is needed. I opened the game and sent password to the teams.

Good luck guys :wink:

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:12 am

3 matches left for the end of Round 1.

:D

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:27 pm

The last three matches are still running.

To save the discussion time, I would like to make a suggestion that considers your change requests for the maps in the second Round.

1. Classic, flat rate, adjacent
2. Europe, escalating, chained
3. Tamriel, no card, unlimited
4. Great Lakes, flat rate, adjacent
5. Middle Earth, escalating, unlimited
6. North America, no card, chained
7. Cairns Coral Coast, escalating, unlimited
8. Arctic, no card, adjacent
9. San Francisco, flat rate, chained
10. King of the Mountains, flat rate, adjacent

As it is very difficult to have a consensus on 10 different maps by 12 teams, I want you to post your change requests, only if you are really against playing one of them. :idea:

I will open all matches at the same time, so that you can start all of them simultaneously.

Brigadier Selin

Rhyme or Reason?

Postby LazarusLong on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:50 pm

Selin wrote:The last three matches are still running.

To save the discussion time, I would like to make a suggestion that considers your change requests for the maps in the second Round.

2. Europe, escalating, chained

As it is very difficult to have a consensus on 10 different maps by 12 teams, I want you to post your change requests, only if you are really against playing one of them. :idea:

I will open all matches at the same time, so that you can start all of them simultaneously.

I have no problem with any of these choices but as a purely academic question is there any reason that you match some maps with escalating and others with no cards? Do you feel like they are better suited for that kind of game and if so why?

Just curious, feel free to not answer if you're too busy.
Brigadier LazarusLong

Re: Rhyme or Reason?

Postby Selin on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:27 am

LazarusLong wrote:
I have no problem with any of these choices but as a purely academic question is there any reason that you match some maps with escalating and others with no cards? Do you feel like they are better suited for that kind of game and if so why?

Just curious, feel free to not answer if you're too busy.

The matching in Round 1 was made more or less randomly. However, I made at that time some modifications, i.e. for World 2.0 no card, adjacent option would have been a bad choice, probably the match would have lasted too long. So I changed it to escalating, unlimited etc.

In Round 2, I just replaced some old maps with newer ones considering the player's posts.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:40 pm

Group D Qualifying match was won by Sesar & Oelek. They proceed to Round 2.

Congratulations!

Brigadier Selin

Postby Teylen on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:42 am

There are some new shiny maps. :) Any chance we will see some of those in the tournament?

(Tamriel and Europe are two of those maps I don't like and wouldn't mind to see them getting replaced... yeah... although we haven't played Tamriel the round before.)
General Teylen

Postby Selin on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:17 pm

Teylen wrote:There are some new shiny maps. :) Any chance we will see some of those in the tournament?

(Tamriel and Europe are two of those maps I don't like and wouldn't mind to see them getting replaced... yeah... although we haven't played Tamriel the round before.)

Which maps would you like to be added in this Season?

Brigadier Selin

Postby Teylen on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:09 pm

So far only Age of Merchants looks interesting... I'm not so sure about the other new maps. Thought they would be better...

So I'd like to see Age of Merchants because it has a different concept than all those maps with continent boni
General Teylen

Postby Selin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Teylen wrote:So far only Age of Merchants looks interesting... I'm not so sure about the other new maps. Thought they would be better...

So I'd like to see Age of Merchants because it has a different concept than all those maps with continent boni

np, Europe replaced with Age of Merchants.

2. Age of Merchants, escalating, chained

Only 1 match left as of today. If there are no more objections during the next 48 hours from now on, I will open Season 2 matches on Wednesday.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:27 pm

Um, not to be a bastard, but since this is a high-level tournament, I would feel better about not using a gimmicky map that no one has played and has only been available for live play for a week. If we're going to use one of the brand-new maps, let me suggest Mongolia or Caribbean, as they are more standard-play maps. AoM, as far as I can tell, is a 800-pixel migraine waiting to happen. :D
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Some singles private matches for practice. Password is the same as former colonel games. if needed, pm me.

:idea: You can enter all games directly by clicking game number.

6 player, standard, sequential, no card, chained

Brand new maps!
551855, Age of Merchants, FULL
551737, Battle for Australia, 2 spots left
551739, Benelux, 3 spots left
551740, Caribbean Islands, 4 spots left
551743, Mongol Empire, 5 spots left

New age
551752, Cairns Coral Coast, 5 spots left
551754, Siege!, 5 spots left
551755, San Francisco, 5 spots left
551760, 8 Thoughts, 4 spots left
551765, Great Lakes, 5 spots left
551806, King of the Mountains, 5 spots left

Old generation
551775, North America, 5 spots left
551779, Classic, 4 spots left
551786, Space, 5 spots left
551801, Tamriel, 4 spots left
551816, Ancient Greece, 5 spots left
551825, Asia, 4 spots left
551827, Europe, 4 spots left
Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Incandenza wrote:Um, not to be a bastard, but since this is a high-level tournament, I would feel better about not using a gimmicky map that no one has played and has only been available for live play for a week. If we're going to use one of the brand-new maps, let me suggest Mongolia or Caribbean, as they are more standard-play maps. AoM, as far as I can tell, is a 800-pixel migraine waiting to happen. :D

I will consider your comment. Let's see what others think.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Teylen on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:22 pm

this is a high-level tournament... so I would expect people to be able to play on every map, even new ones. :)

... though escalating will take out much of the features of AoM anyway...

I at least like a lil bit variety instead of yet more maps with nearly 99% the same game-play as all the others.
General Teylen

Postby Incandenza on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:55 pm

Teylen wrote:this is a high-level tournament... so I would expect people to be able to play on every map, even new ones. :)

... though escalating will take out much of the features of AoM anyway...

I at least like a lil bit variety instead of yet more maps with nearly 99% the same game-play as all the others.

Touche, sir. Let me put this a different way: there has yet to be constructed an electron microscope of sufficient precision to measure how little I want to ever play AoM.

Besides, I seem to recall that the map went live with a bunch of xml errors. I would assume that they've been fixed, but I'd definitely like to see a clean bill of health posted somewhere before the map was even considered...

Colonel Incandenza

Postby AndrewB on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:14 am

Selin wrote:
Teylen wrote:So far only Age of Merchants looks interesting... I'm not so sure about the other new maps. Thought they would be better...

np, Europe replaced with Age of Merchants.

2. Age of Merchants, escalating, chained

Only 1 match left as of today. If there are no more objections during the next 48 hours from now on, I will open Season 2 matches on Wednesday.

How are you going to figure out, who has 3rd place in group B though?
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:03 pm

AndrewB wrote:

I already defined it randomly. See my post #3 on page 1, (qualified teams for Round 2).

The same applied to define the ranking between the group leaders (3 of them had 40 points).

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Selin wrote:
AndrewB wrote:

I already defined it randomly. See my post #3 on page 1, (qualified teams for Round 2).

The same applied to define the ranking between the group leaders (3 of them had 40 points).

I think what andrew means is that the remaining group B game will determine who gets third: dzb/pluto or chaka/tarzan (in with a win) or istan/sarcas (in if neither of them win)

Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 am

Incandenza wrote:
Selin wrote:
AndrewB wrote:

I think what andrew means is that the remaining group B game will determine who gets third: dzb/pluto or chaka/tarzan (in with a win) or istan/sarcas (in if neither of them win)

Probably I misunderstood his question. For the final qualified teams in Group B and to define their rankings for the next round, we have to wait the last match to be ended.

Brigadier Selin

Postby AndrewB on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Selin wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
Selin wrote:
AndrewB wrote:

Probably I misunderstood his question. For the final qualified teams in Group B and to define their rankings for the next round, we have to wait the last match to be ended.

That is what I meant. I just was surprised that you have said the next round games will start in 48 hours ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:13 am

AndrewB wrote:
Selin wrote:
Incandenza wrote:
Selin wrote:
AndrewB wrote:

That is what I meant. I just was surprised that you have said the next round games will start in 48 hours ;)

I thought to open games today to make my later work easier, but I think there is a time period to join open games (15 days?). Without having the result of last match of Season 1, nobody will be able to join in new season matches. So we will wait. I asked in game chat (if possible) to accelerate that match by playing the rest in RT. Let's see, if they can agree on a joint time slot to do so.
Brigadier Selin

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007