So, this tournament will be based on the defunct American Football League. It will be composed of two divisions of players representing every AFL team ever to participate in the competition in the 10 years it lasted.
Because there were only 10 franchises, some "teams" will be added. Despite being the same franchise, Titans/Jets, Texans/Chiefs, LA/SD Chargers will be all available to choose. Which leaves us still with only 13 teams to choose from. So, I say that the same team can be chosen by more than one player. The franchises picked more than once will have "A" and "B" teams.For example:
"I Choose the Denver Broncos"Player2:
"I choose the Denver Broncos"
Since Player1 choose first, he will play with Denver Broncos A and Player2 will play with Denver Broncos B.
Now: The maps. I've decided that this tournament will be played only with random maps. Don't want to give "home"/"away" advantage, since that would make this tournament very similar to "The Championship", another league i'm running right now.Tournament Structure:
15 rounds. 1vs1 games. Everybody plays everybody. In the end, the 1st placed teams in both Divisions will play a Championship game in order to decide who wins the tournament.Teams to choose
New York Titans
New York JetsWestern Division
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
San Diego Chargers
(Remeber, every team can be choosen by more than one player)
To make the rules a little more fair, both divisions have to be composed of 8 and only 8 teams. So, depending on the choice of the teams, some franchises from one division may end up in the other.Tiebreakers:
1. If only two teams are tied in 1st place, the winner of the game between them will decide who advances to the championship game.
2. If more than two teams are tied in 1st place, a playoff game will be made to decide who advances to the championship game.Settings:
20 round limit
24 hour rounds
Freemiums are welcome as long as they leave one slot open for the tournament.
The randomization of the games will be made by challonge.com.Reserve Policy:
- One invite will be sent. If not accepted, the player at stake loses the game.
- If the missed game is the first one, the player in stake will be replaced by a reserve.
- If there are no reserves available, the player at stake will continue in the tournament, losing the first game.
I think that is all. Have fun!
EDIT: iAmCaffeine wins!