Conquer Club

December Monthly Challenge

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

December Monthly Challenge

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:03 am

Official Monthly Challenge for December 2023

Brought to you by the Community Team.

Papua New Guinea

50 years ago, the Territory of Papua New Guinea was granted self-government by Australia. This was a prelude to getting full independence two years later.

Port Moresby (in local pidgin, Pot Mosbi) is the capital of Papua New Guinea, and we have, very conveniently, a CC map of it.

Papua New Guinea is one of the most linguistically diverse places on earth. There are 852 distinct languages, with an average of only 7000 speakers per language. Some of these languages are limited to a single island village, and many of these villages have been essentially isolated for hundreds of years, some for thousands. Tok Pisin, an English-derived pidgin, serves as the common trade language of most people. Ironically, it is spoken by few people in the capital, where another pidgin, Hin Motu, is dominant.

The country is also geographically diverse, with everything from snow-capped mountains in the interior to tropical rain forest in the coastal areas. It is largely wild, a huge reserve of biodiversity. It's believed there are numerous plant and animal species yet to be discovered there.

ImageBy Nomadtales - Picture originally from the English Wikipedia, where it was released by User:Nomadtales under GFDL., CC BY 2.1 au, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=441115

************************************************************************************************************

LINK TO DECEMBER SCOREBOARD

************************************************************************************************************

Settings -- Bronze
Map: Classic Cities: Pot Mosbi only
Players Per Game: 7
Game Type: Standard
Initial Troops: Automatic
Play Order: Sequential
Spoils: No
Reinforcements: Unlimited
FOG: YES
TRENCH: YES
Round Limit: 20 or 30
Round Length: 24 Hours or 2 Minute Speed
Joinablility: Public

Settings -- Silver
Players Per Game: 2
Game Type: Poly-4
Spoils: Flat Rate
Reinforcements: Chained
FOG: YES
TRENCH: NO

Settings -- Gold
Players Per Game: 8
Game Type: Doubles
Spoils: Escalating
Reinforcements: None
FOG: NO
TRENCH: NO

Medal Criteria

35 points are required for a medal, and at least two kinds of token.

Tokens are for wins only.

Each Bronze victory is worth 5 points

Each Silver victory is worth 6 points.

Each Gold victory is worth 7 points.

Notes
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: December Monthly Challenge

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:04 am

This launches today at 0900. I'm working nights this week and will probably be asleep by 9, so I'm posting it early, but please do NOT start games until the actual 0900 launch or they won't count.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Count Belisle on Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:30 pm

How do i sign up or join this challenge?
Corporal 1st Class Count Belisle

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:27 am

Count Belisle wrote:How do i sign up or join this challenge?

Open the box at the top of your Central Command page. It contains links to Waiting Games.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=event&event_id=189
Just join some games and win them. They are scored automatically, no need to sign up.

If there are no waiting games, you can make your own. Just pay careful attention to the game settings listed. If even one setting is wrong, the system won't pick it up and it won't be scored.

Created games must be publicly joinable. No invitations.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Pirlo on Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:23 am

Thanks for the efforts!

I wonder if there's a January MC.
Captain Pirlo

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:26 am

Pirlo wrote:Thanks for the efforts!

I never seem to find the time to crank these out on schedule, but yes.

I'm working nights this weekend and have tonight off, so I'll try to crank something out tomorrow morning and have it ready for BW to launch on Saturday. Although, logically, it would make more sense at this point to launch it on Monday, after the Anniversary celebration ends.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ACE11 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:41 am

I too appreciate the efforts to keep the monthly challenges going. They are one of my favorite events/activities in CC. And the main reason I'm a premium member. ..well Monthly Challenges and poly games.

Anyway, thank you, Dukasaur.
Captain ACE11

Postby ACE11 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Pirlo wrote:Thanks for the efforts!

I never seem to find the time to crank these out on schedule, but yes.

I'm working nights this weekend and have tonight off, so I'll try to crank something out tomorrow morning and have it ready for BW to launch on Saturday. Although, logically, it would make more sense at this point to launch it on Monday, after the Anniversary celebration ends.

??
Captain ACE11

Postby Pirlo on Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:33 pm

ACE11 wrote:I too appreciate the efforts to keep the monthly challenges going. They are one of my favorite events/activities in CC. And the main reason I'm a premium member. ..well Monthly Challenges and poly games.

Anyway, thank you, Dukasaur.

I miss the time when groovy and cayman ran this event.
Captain Pirlo

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:39 pm

Sorry, guys.

I've been working crazy hours and by the time I drag my ass in here, I'm just too tired to do any real work.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Votanic on Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Sorry, guys.

I've been working crazy hours and by the time I drag my ass in here, I'm just too tired to do any real work.

Yeah, he just barely has time to skim a post, have a knee-jerk reaction, give a lame, slanted rebuttal, and serve an unfair, double-standard ban.
Poor guy...
Captain Votanic

Postby jfm10 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:17 pm

2016 was the last even year january monthly challenge. good news its played every odd year.
Major jfm10

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:54 pm

Votanic wrote:

Yeah, he just barely has time to skim a post, have a knee-jerk reaction, give a lame, slanted rebuttal, and serve an unfair, double-standard ban.
Poor guy...

--------WHOA :!: :!: :!: ...Hold on there ...Votanic...Duk is one of The Most Respected... Members, Volunteers on this site...Just because, someone posts something , and a Mod , calls them out...With or Without a warning...Step back and take a moment...
-------- Now , I fought with the High Command...Many times...Duk, told me something... Basically, put up , or shut up...So to speak...It is not easy...Combining...Real Life, and playing C.C.,or just posting in the Forum... Volunteering is even more stressful...I took his words and heard them...I joined, The Great War team...Helped out with the Event...What I was able to do...I had some Real Life stuff in the Final Year , of the 4 year Event...Had to pull back...But I loved every minute I could Help out in that Event...
------- As others have said, Not mocking Duk for his efforts...But glad The Monthly Challenges have continued...
------- I could never post pictures,etc.etc..But like The Great War...I could work on Monthly Challenges...Not awarding prizes etc...But, in Picking Ideas for Challenges...Stories for the Challenges (Wayword Day would like to get back to story telling,... reporting;)...)... Making settings, picking maps...etc.etc...
------- I am willing to offer what help I can Duk...No matter how big or small...But I have my computer limitations...As you know... :D ...I don't know if I will still be able to play the challenges if I help???...But if not...I still offer help...If needed or wanted...I Love C.C.LAND...:)...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:28 am

Thanks to all who played and congratulations to Pirlo for coming in 1st place!

Achievements and prizes awarded.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:33 am

ConfederateSS wrote:
Votanic wrote:

Poor guy...

--------WHOA :!: :!: :!: ...Hold on there ...Votanic...Duk is one of The Most Respected... Members, Volunteers on this site...Just because, someone posts something , and a Mod , calls them out...With or Without a warning...Step back and take a moment...
-------- Now , I fought with the High Command...Many times...Duk, told me something... Basically, put up , or shut up...So to speak...It is not easy...Combining...Real Life, and playing C.C.,or just posting in the Forum... Volunteering is even more stressful...I took his words and heard them...I joined, The Great War team...Helped out with the Event...What I was able to do...I had some Real Life stuff in the Final Year , of the 4 year Event...Had to pull back...But I loved every minute I could Help out in that Event...
------- As others have said, Not mocking Duk for his efforts...But glad The Monthly Challenges have continued...
------- I could never post pictures,etc.etc..But like The Great War...I could work on Monthly Challenges...Not awarding prizes etc...But, in Picking Ideas for Challenges...Stories for the Challenges (Wayword Day would like to get back to story telling,... reporting;)...)... Making settings, picking maps...etc.etc...
------- I am willing to offer what help I can Duk...No matter how big or small...But I have my computer limitations...As you know... :D ...I don't know if I will still be able to play the challenges if I help???...But if not...I still offer help...If needed or wanted...I Love C.C.LAND...:)...

I am going to check and see how the weather is in hell. I thought it would be a cold day down there when I agreed 100% with one of Confed's post. 8-)
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Pirlo on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:48 am

groovysmurf wrote:Thanks to all who played and congratulations to Pirlo for coming in 1st place!

Achievements and prizes awarded.

Thank you so much! ♥
Captain Pirlo

Postby pissedoffsol on Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:35 am

I have some free time this week. How can I help?
14k Games and counting!
Sergeant 1st Class pissedoffsol

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:48 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:
Votanic wrote:

Poor guy...

I am going to check and see how the weather is in hell. I thought it would be a cold day down there when I agreed 100% with one of Confed's post. 8-)

------ Today would be the perfect day for that EvilSemp...I believe, it is Groundhog Day There as well...I believe their version...For told ...For the next 6 weeks in HELL... The temperature in Fahrenheit will be minus 10,000 degrees ... :) ...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Return to Monthly Challenges