Conquer Club

Ironic Things

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Ironic Things

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu May 16, 2019 5:56 am

not in camelcase; rather it is all in uppercase
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Ironic Things

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 17, 2019 5:17 pm

The actor who played the bottom half of the original "Camel" was kicked to death by an actual camel with lung cancer.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

accommodation is one of the least accommodating words around, since it doesn't accept being spelled or spelt with only one m.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 22, 2019 8:50 pm

The first person to write a dictionary using the word "accommodation" was a homeless man, kicked to death by a camel.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby NomadPatriot on Wed May 22, 2019 9:54 pm

feminism

1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

2 : organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism
Corporal 1st Class NomadPatriot

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 pm

The narrator of Alanis Morisette's masterpiece:

Gotta love how people want to tell her that she's an idiot because they don't get the irony.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby hotfire on Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 pm

I prefer steel
Colonel hotfire

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri May 24, 2019 5:27 am

Alanis Morisette is actually part camel.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby KoolBak on Fri May 24, 2019 11:04 am

Her toe?
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 24, 2019 3:42 pm

KoolBak wrote:Her toe?

No, her humps, obviously:

Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jimboston on Sat May 25, 2019 2:14 pm

That video and version of the song is horrible.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby jimboston on Sun May 26, 2019 6:44 pm

It’s ironic that the Red Sox just won the World Series and the Pats just won the Super Bowl.

Very ironic.

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 29, 2019 7:50 pm

jimboston wrote:That video and version of the song is horrible.

You are very clearly mistaken, grammatically and factually.

wikipedia wrote:On April 15, Fergie confirmed to E! News that she thought that the parody was hilarious and genius. Fergie sent Alanis a cake in the shape of a derrière.[41][42]

Perhaps you were trying to be ironic?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jimboston on Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Sorry for not using completely proper English in my criticism of a really really bad pop song.

I’ll try again.

That music video of Alanis covering “My Humps” is horrible. Additionally, the cover version of that song is horrible all by itself, even without the horrible video attached.

Now, grammatically I am better?

Factually... well since I am clearly expressing a subjective opinion, my own person subjective opinion, then I am factually correct.

Thanks. I am glad that posts on this Internet forum are corrected like 5th grade English papers.

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 29, 2019 9:01 pm

jimboston wrote:Sorry for not using completely proper English in my criticism of a really really bad pop song.

I’ll try again.

That music video of Alanis covering “My Humps” is horrible. Additionally, the cover version of that song is horrible all by itself, even without the horrible video attached.

Factually... well since I am clearly expressing a subjective opinion, my own person subjective opinion, then I am factually correct.

Thanks. I am glad that posts on this Internet forum are corrected like 5th grade English papers.

You should be!

Subjectively you are wrong factually and you are literally no longer allowed to metaphorically have an opinion on this, or even if it is a simile, to like or dislike Alanis Morisette parodies.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Thu May 30, 2019 5:57 am

Alanis Morisette is a parody.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jimboston on Thu May 30, 2019 3:29 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:Sorry for not using completely proper English in my criticism of a really really bad pop song.

I’ll try again.

You should be!

Subjectively you are wrong factually and you are literally no longer allowed to metaphorically have an opinion on this, or even if it is a simile, to like or dislike Alanis Morisette parodies.

Actually it’s a fact that I’m still able to post my subjective opinion that I truthfully believe this song and video suck. Furthermore, I expect it’s factually correct that I’ll continue to be to express said subjective thoughts until or unless I do something that technically violates forum rules and earns me a true ban.

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 31, 2019 9:02 pm

jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I’ll try again.

You should be!

Actually it’s a fact that I’m still able to post my subjective opinion that I truthfully believe this song and video suck. Furthermore, I expect it’s factually correct that I’ll continue to be to express said subjective thoughts until or unless I do something that technically violates forum rules and earns me a true ban.

I think I may have pushed this too far. I usually hope someone gets the joke by this point.

Sorry, but as an apology, have this hilarious parody of Fergie done by Alanis Morisette:

Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jimboston on Fri May 31, 2019 9:21 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I’ll try again.

You should be!

I think I may have pushed this too far. I usually hope someone gets the joke by this point.

Sorry, but as an apology, have this hilarious parody of Fergie done by Alanis Morisette:

I understand it’s a parody.

I do sometimes like things that are “so bad they’re funny”.

This song/video was just so bad it was bad.

It went from bad/bad to bad/funny all the way back to bad/bad.

It was just so bad I didn’t care for the joke because I had to stop the noise.

So yea... I know it’s a joke. It just wasn’t funny enough to overcome its’ awfulness.

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 31, 2019 10:21 pm

jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I’ll try again.

You should be!

I understand it’s a parody.

I do sometimes like things that are “so bad they’re funny”.

This song/video was just so bad it was bad.

It went from bad/bad to bad/funny all the way back to bad/bad.

It was just so bad I didn’t care for the joke because I had to stop the noise.

So yea... I know it’s a joke. It just wasn’t funny enough to overcome its’ awfulness.

You should listen to the Black Eyed Peas covering it:

Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jimboston on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 am

:roll:

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:58 pm

jimboston wrote::roll:

Now you're starting to get it.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jimboston on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Symmetry wrote:

I get that certain types songs go with some types of music but not others.

I get that sometimes artists make covers of other songs not to pay homage to the original but to try to be funny or make some point.

I get that sometimes when these artists do this they are successful and make a funny pun or parody of the original.

I get that other times artists may attempt to be funny or make a point or parody a song and they FAIL MISERABLY.

I believe that Alanis’ Cover of ‘My Humps’ fell into the category of FAILURE to such a degree that it was not good, or funny, or poignant, or ironic... or really anything else but just horrible.

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 pm

jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I get that sometimes artists make covers of other songs not to pay homage to the original but to try to be funny or make some point.

I get that sometimes when these artists do this they are successful and make a funny pun or parody of the original.

I get that other times artists may attempt to be funny or make a point or parody a song and they FAIL MISERABLY.

I believe that Alanis’ Cover of ‘My Humps’ fell into the category of FAILURE to such a degree that it was not good, or funny, or poignant, or ironic... or really anything else but just horrible.

I was right about you- you're certainly on the first step. Neither the original song, nor its parody is poignant, Alanis merely sung it in an ironic parody of her own more poignant style.

You have started on the path, and now you have taken the first step of many.

Do not fear the path- it will take you towards wisdom.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jimboston on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:25 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I was right about you- you're certainly on the first step. Neither the original song, nor its parody is poignant, Alanis merely sung it in an ironic parody of her own more poignant style.

You have started on the path, and now you have taken the first step of many.

Do not fear the path- it will take you towards wisdom.

Namaste

:roll:

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,